1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    SKE48 today postponed its HS events on May 2-3 even though they were to be held in Aichi where no state of emergency has yet been declared.

Just to say that @kanjo has now created a dedicated Coronavirus thread here:
    http://www.stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/coronavirus-covid-19-thread.23250/

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The problem is, where is the revenue going to come from?
    In Spain, everything job that can't be done with a computer and an internet connection has all but disappeared.

If the groups can't do theatre shows, concerts, release singles (where are they gonna sell them? who's gonna buy them?) or hold HS events... there's not going to be any money coming in for a long while. AKS/DH/Vernalossom are going to have to make cuts. And so will the SG companies as well. If those will affect the girls or the backstage staff first is to be seen.

3. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

well it's only for a month, i'm sure they will be ok. and in the meantime they can release concerts/documentaries/etc... on youtube and other platforms, if many people are gonna stay home, they will probabily spend a lot of time on SM, including youtube. this will not make them a lot of money but they can potentially get more fans. and ofc there's showroom.

4. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    There have all the money from Shitsuren, Arigatou sales. I don't think it's going to be a problem for a while. (Which is probably why no refund are being offered yet.)

5. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Now confirmed that the three events on 4/29, 5/4 & 5/5 are postponed:
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12588108812.html

I have tickets for all 3 events but needless to say getting to Japan is somewhat impossible at the moment anyway! At least now I know I can get refunds (although I've heard that the process is rather slow).

6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I'm guessing they have a few months worth of monthly photosets in the can that can still be issued. I'm actually seeing some uptick in the prices on yahoo auctions lately.

7. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Tbh I am not expecting any refund this year. If the past event are any indication, they are going to organise the replacement event first, then the refund process start, which can be another 3-6 months. I am not even sure if they can process refund overseas --- afaik it's a domestic bank transfer.

8. husna212

husna212 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina
    Didn't Sashihara mentioned on TV show that they get the result of this year achievements (SSK, HS result, merchandise sales etc) on the next year? If that's the case I guess their salary right now isn't going to be affected.

It's the next year salary where they will see the effects of the reduced events etc.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Yes I fear it could be a very long process but I do have some local help in Japan.

In order to maintain income for the group I wonder if AKB48 might start something along the lines of NMB48's recently announced 'Namba-style Telephone RiNG RiNG RiNG CARD' which is basically a lottery system using tickets with the Theater eds of their next single in order to win a phone conversation with the member of your choice:

https://fortunemusic.jp/nmb48_202005_phone/

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But that's probably related to when they have to renegotiate their contracts/salaries and whatnot.

But how are the girls going to get paid if they are doing nothing? Maybe they'll get paid this month and the next one as they usually do, but I doubt AKS is swimming in millions of yens to keep up the salaries of 100 members and hundreds of staff. Not to talk about the SG who have even less going on. Where's the money for NGT going to come from when they haven't released a single in over a year? Are they finally disbanding with the excuse of budget cuts? I know there's always Showroom and whatnot, but when those fans also lose their jobs and the Tokyo towers stop coming... what then?

Other big companies have been laying off thousands of employees from day 1, so how are they going to survive?

Their state of emergency is just until the beginning of May for now, but looking at how things are (not) moving in Europe... I doubt they'll lift it then.

11. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

The way they are doing that is kinda... well... not good. There are 2 parts in that preorder.
    1. You'll get a random recorded message. You'll get this from all of you purchase. Think of this as a random photocard (it does have an expiration date, but you can use it many times).
    2. The important part of the preorder, which is the live telephone call. You can pick a member, but you're not guaranteed to get it! It is like buying a theater ed with HS tix, but this time instead of paying if you win, you pay first and lottery result later.

I believe you can buy up to 99CDs per member but the member will only do 50 calls / day (there are 4 days), So basically you buy more to increase your chances, If you do win it, each call will last 30s.
    So compared to normal HS, in normal HS, you try to preorder your favorite member as much as you wanted (just make sure you've the money) and wait for the lottery result. When you ordered 20HS and win 10HS, you only need to pay for that 10HS.
    In this live phone call, if you buy 20CDs, you need to pay for 20CDs. Later they will tell you whether you win your desired member or not. Assuming that you're super lucky and get 10 phone calls, you still need to pay for 20CDs.

Also it's a regular phone call! they should've make it a video call! we are in 2020 and not in 1990.

If some other group want to try this method, I personally think they should do it like when they were selling HS. Only pay if you win it. Also make it a video call.

I think the reason on why NMB is doing it like that is probably because at least currently they think 50 calls / day for a member is the reasonable thing to do, but 50 calls, meaning 50CDs/member/day which is much lower number than normal HS (1 normal HS slot can be up to 500CDs and depending on popularity, it can be up to 2500CDs per day). They try to make it up by doing the lottery after you purchased the CD.
    If you're unlucky, for popular member, which obviously will have more than 50 fans trying to get it, you might not be able to win it even if you buy 99CDs and you still need to pay for it.

The refinement that I can think for the future is that they can create a special app to do it. Right now NMB is using normal phone call, so you need to be ready within the timeslot (which spans for 2 hours) and wait for the call. You don't know when you will be called within the timeslot. With an app, they can give you a queue number, thus you know when you're next. It is also easier for them to do it since people already queuing in the app, thus it is probably just push "next" instead of doing the dialing process.
    And of course, video call.
    If they can make the process efficient then I believe they can have the same number of call as when they do regular HS.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Then this is their (AKS / whatever their new names are) test of being a good employer

If they mistreat their employees, then its a good reason (for me at least) to step away...

But either way, we have no idea about their wage/award structure. Nor do we know much about their labour protection laws
    And we don't know what Abenomics will want to do in terms of job retention. He has splurged on his stimulus yes to boost household spending and keep company credit flow but saving jobs is another thing

13. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    JKT did this move for their 4th single promotion, but I don't think they use a recorded message. If I remember correctly they randomly pick a number from bonus card and make one phone call with live audience after each theater performance.

14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    The extended version (2 hours) will be broadcasted on BS Premium, on 04/11, 22h30 JST
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2159653/full/

15. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsuoka Hana
    Just watched it.

I don't know what is happening with SKE's current shadowboss, but Suda Akari for Omori Maho is a trade I am willing to make.

16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Im so bored with the current status of AKB I rewatched every video yesterday in this channel from the glory days...

if the video does not show watch the video here

Whoever is uploading these in HD deserves a medal

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You mean the current AKB that has to wait out a global pandemic and can't do much? Yeah, they suck!

18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    That's what you get for not following idols with Zoom.

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Well the wave of cancel announcements were quite exciting enough prior even covid happened, other that yeah the new songs have been sucking since Sentimental Train what can I say more about them. Zukki deserves better than what Yahagi got for her center song.

Yooo Namba girls ain't the first one to do it...On the other hand, Zoom should stop leaking data to China servers. :fp:

Honestly they should just let everyone start their own YouTube channel for crying out loud.

Even Hokkaido kiddo got one recently...Hinachan when????

20. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Pffff... Namba...

What do you mean by that, "even"? Even @nvmea thinks this is best!

Hina would just sit in her room or deliver some cooking.

• Informative Informative x 1