1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 9th / Last Single [Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka?] (2020/08/21)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Sep 10, 2019.

1. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I don't blame Techi for her withdrawal. Even in the senbatsu selection she already looked done. The mental and emotional health of the girls should also be on the minds of the decision makers too. Its just plain poor planning.

Would Techi have stayed if someone else was chosen as center? No one knows for sure, but that's all over now and we have nothing else to do but move forward.

As a fan I would love to see the original MV or at least hear the Techi-centered song. Part of me would be to judge if it was worth the postponement, but mostly its because I want to hear more songs from Keyaki.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Maybe it was supposed to happen the following way.

Even though Techi was far from genki when they announced the senbatsu, she agreed to it as long as it would have become her character's catharsis. You know, symbolic "baton touch" and stuff.
    In addition to this, on a personal level she could have got her "perfect live" (the Dome) and bam, all set for a peaceful graduation.

But, as it turns out, something was rotten in the state of Keyaki.

3. asakuraikun

asakuraikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Inori / Ten / Tamami
    We can't blame someone without knowing all the details, and even knowing the details hardly there will be something to blame her about, anyone who blames Hirate is probably just frustrated about the whole situation. She served the group for almost four years, the hate she got from her permacenter is not her fault at all... at least imo.

I think an MV doesn't exist, although planned. A song otherwise is likewise to exist (maybe even complete), and like you said before, probably will show up in the future as extra content/album.

• Like Like x 1
  4. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Don't you think if the song is already complete, they will tease it to us much like Bells song?

Well, not ruling out the wonder of sound editing that it can be done at later date though.

5. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

I have quite the different idea with you guys that I kinda believe the song and the MV was done completely. Not everything Bunshun wrote true, but they often throw some little facts in it to make the whole thing more persuasive. They once wrote due to Techi, management decided to remake everything cause she don't accept the result. I dont believe the part where they blame Techi for being the reason that she disliked it, but quite believe the fact they remade the finished one. I also don't think Techi withdrawal is the reason, since like you guys said, they can just release it, take money and let other center it on TV.
    We don't know the details, but from some little information we have, I think they did remade the 9th single, even twice. The first original one would be Saijin, which first shown in Wonda CM, i think when the postpone wasn't announced. The 2nd one, maybe still have Techi in, would be 10gatsu no pool ( i'm not sure the name?), featured in Aeon CM. Finally we got ths Bells song. The fact that management did planned to release the single since they were on scheduled sales, and feature in CM, as well as being theme in Keyakake (10gatsu) convince me that everything was ready to launch, but something happened and cause the 2nd delay till now. Also Synchronicity also introduced this way in a CM.

On other hand, I remember members talking about Techi withdrawal that they did not know about it till ending months of the year and the announcement for 9th on Keyakake was around August-September (and the actual was in June-July?), the leaked sales was on early December, I dont think Techi withdrawal affected the 1st time they remake the single.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I stand by the idea that, no one idol, not even someone as influential as sasshi or maiyan, can manipulate a groups entire production schedule to fit her desires. No idol is that powerful. If techi disliked it, chances are other members disliked it too, but saying "the group didn't like the song" isn't as juicy as "eternal dark center techi-sama forces delay on kyk single bc she didn't like it".

IA with Hunter ^, techi's withdrawal didn't affect the 1st delay, but her leaving, plus shiichan's hiatus and mons grad probably affected the 2nd, and obviously, covid gives them a 3rd delay until the foreseeable future. We can get an idea of the timeline management were planning for the groups. Have kyk improve their characters and performing with 2nd gen throughout the summer tour while mgmt focus on establishing hinata in their first year. After tokyo dome, have them prepare and release a single around october. When you look at the timeline, it sounds like a good idea. They made a late decision to scrap it (im guessing it was Saijin since it sounded unfinished lmao), then made a new one (10gatsu?), which was probably completed and ready to be released for december, but then delayed further after techi announced her intention to leave and shiichan's decision to go on hiatus at the end of the year.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Well management pretty much treated Keyaki like a Techi solo project when it came to music, which is different situation than Sasshi or Maiyan or pretty much any other idol.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    And you still think she had the power to delay an entire single because she didn't like the song? lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I like what Hunter an minaeshi are saying.
    However the whole story still seemed blurry to me.
    So I decided to gather all of the existing info into one post.
    Please bear with me. It's going to get ridiculous.
    • July 9th - 'Sajin' (Sandstorm). Featured in Tough-Man Refresh CM. The big boys Ryohei Shingu and TAKAHIRO were involed. A real big deal of a CM if you ask me.
    Screenshot - 30.04.2020 , 0_18_24.jpg

if the video does not show watch the video here
    • July 29th - '10 Gatsu no puuru ni tobikonda' (I jumped into a pool in October). Featured in Lawson CM.

There is no doubt that both of them couldn't have been singles.
    More serious lyrics-wise 'Sajin' was perhaps the original 9th, while easygoing '10 Gatsu' was a coupling song.
    And yes, 'Sajin' does sound kind of bland and uninspired. At least the part we got to listen.
    • August 24th - '10 Gatsu' in Aeon Card CM.

Kakkoi CM. Mechakari is a big deal in Keyaki's promotion activities since the beginning.
    3 CMs in a row. Why did '10 Gatsu' get such a special treatment? From this point was it supposed to be the single?
    But then:
    If not '10 Gatsu', then what? Was it still 'Sajin'?
    Includes this interesting part. Members holding flowers presented to them supposedly at the end of MV shooting.

P_20190503_210121-1.jpg

Could it be connected with October 2nd tweet? I think so.
    My reasoning is the fact that they are wearing hoods and baseball hats. Why?
    To avoid being exposed to intense sunlight.
    For example, as seen on July 21st in the middle of preparations for Keyaki Republic 2017.

Screenshot - 30.04.2020 , 2_18_57.jpg

Now let's take a look at how was the weather back in October.

Screenshot - 30.04.2020 , 2_08_41.jpg

Hotter than usual.
    I'm fairly confident that they, in fact, did finish the filming of the 9th single MV in October.
    Now.
    • March 30th - 'Dare ga sono kane o narasu no ka' (Who rings the bell?). Aeon Card CM.
    As we all know, that's the all new 9th single. Uploaded conveniently right before the documentary was supposed to be released (April 3rd).
    Making of 'Dare ga' was probably decided somewhere around December 12th, when it became absolutely clear that Hirateless single is needed.

TO SUM UP ALL MY CRAZY SHIT
    • Status of 'Sajin' and '10 Gatsu' is still not completely clear
    Evidently the former was the single, although '10 Gatsu' could have become the 'emergency single' at some point (why so many CMs goddamit?)
    • The original 9th single MV was completed in the beginning of October
    • In November-December mngmt decided to make a new 9th single without Hirate
    • 'Dare ga' is the new single made in 2020
    I apologize if some of it (or all of it) was obvious and redundant. I made it mostly for myself. However I'll be happy if somebody finds it useful.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  10. Vulpix nao

Vulpix nao Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NaoVulpix
    From 5ch board, fans apparently conducted votes to decide the next most suitable center, here's the result:

[​IMG]

Keyakizaka46 9th Single Center (1044 voters)
    1. Kobayashi Yui: 154 votes (14.8%)
    2. Watanabe Risa: 145 votes (13.9%)
    3. Morita Hikaru: 116 votes (11.1%)
    4. 1st Gen x 2nd Gen Double Center: 109 votes (10.4%)
    5. 1st Gen x 1st Gen Double Center: 101 votes (9.7%)
    6. Yamasaki Ten: 91 votes (8.7%)
    7. Without Center: 68 votes (6.5%)
    8. Tamura Hoono: 52 votes (5.0%)
    9. 2nd Gen x 2nd Gen Double Center: 42 votes (4.0%)
    10. Sugai Yuuka: 32 votes (3.1%)
    10. Fujiyoshi Karin: 32 votes (3.1%)
    Source

It's been a long time since I followed Keyaki again while becoming an Ohisama. Probably since the graduated members now start an active SNS and got my hype up again, they really look brighter than before. But I still can't find my favorite 2nd gen member.

• Informative Informative x 5
  11. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

Nice one @turbogig , thanks for summing up all the information. I thinks there is still one more possibility for "Dare ga sono kane o narasu no ka" that it's not the 9th, but Documentary theme song. The theme songs usually put at documentary ending, and included in the album later, for Nogi and AKB it's usually like that. With this timing of Documentary release, I think this is the case, and staff will want to hide the 9th atp, since there is no need to preview it now and keep fan hype about it when actually released

12. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

This is pretty interesting, I suspected Yuipon and Risa to be the favorites amongst fans but I'm more interested in the votes below that...
    • 1st Gen x 2nd Gen Double Center: This would be my personal pick, I think visually Risa and Hono would look great (volleyball wcenter haha) but I'd be happy to see any of the 2kis on this list be paired up in the front.
    • 2nd Gen rankings: Surprising but unsurprising at the same time? I knew Hikaru was popular but the rest of the rankings really interesting. Ten is my favorite 2ki and I knew she was gaining a lot of traction recently but passing Hono definitely shocked me... in fact Hono being so low is really interesting? I wonder what's not clicking with her and fans while Hikaru is doing so well in comparison? I consider both to be very pretty with sweet personalities and possible next gen rivals but there seems to be a pretty big gap at the moment... well it's just one fan poll so maybe I'm overthinking it :^^;:. Anyways seeing Karin there is nice! She seems to have a really dedicated fanbase.

13. Vulpix nao

Vulpix nao Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NaoVulpix
    Well, this is a serious vote on the most suitable center, the one who could convey Keyakizaka's chara, so it does not affect the general popularity of members. And honestly, I don't understand what they mean by "without center". Are they just gonna give up with the current pattern then turn them into a group of flashmob, I don't know.

I think fans seeing Honoo just like Yuuka, both have many fans but only a few of them want her to become center, as the two have this graceful chara, and fans want to conserve it. Hikaru is like Neru who is seen by fans as a lovable character that everyone may accept as the center or become second to center. Ten was there probably because she's the youngest, making fans remember that Techi was also the youngest when she became center and blossomed in her charm and ability along the way as she reached maturity. If it's double center, I prefer the 1st gen x 2nd gen, my vote to Yuipon x Hikaru.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I still want a Futari Saison 2.0 with Yukkanen W-centers :/

15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Great post @turbogig I completely forgot about the Techi as Joker thing [hehe] but the more I read what happened back there, the more I'm convinced we are gonna get an album next. Too many false start and stuff postponed, and when everything open up again, we are gonna get the Documentary.... plenty of time to add 20 more songs to our setlist, I'd say (which will be played in ROK2021)

16. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Huh, interesting results though not totally unexpected. I actually agree with most of the list, though I'd like to swap #1 and 3 and remove all the double centers.

And I always enjoy reading your posts on Hinata threads so I'm happy to see you sharing Keyaki stuff too :)

---

@turbogig yeah, gotta agree with the others, great post thanks for compiling all that stuff! Re-listening to those previews is making me even more angsty for the next single. Makes me think this single is gonna be BOMB, coupling tracks and all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I reckon reading several report of fans actually expressed the demand to delay the 9th single on 8th akushukai event, because they didn't like "Sajin" from the part they got to listen.
    They want the single to be BOMB. And most assume "Sajin" is gonna be the A-side at that time. Hence the demand.

18. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

She could delay the single by refusing to participate, if management felt that having her participate was absolutely necessary.

She did cancel Kanji Keyaki's Tokyo Dome concert because management felt it was impossible for Kanji to do it without her. So there's precedent.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    MANAGEMENT did cancel Kanji keyaki's budoukan concert.
    Here, corrected it for you. But let's not bring the CEO techi dellusion that 5ch & bunshun love making up here

• Like Like x 4
  20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    :rofl:

Sometime I wonder how comes Techi is not ruling Japan yet. I mean, she apparently is that powerful.
    Stop trying to rewrite Keyaki history. Like @techizaka said, there are other places where you can do that.

Edit: I'm rewatching Keyakitte ep59 right now and well, since we closed a chapter and will officially open a new one as soon as possible, I would love another school campaign. To see the youngest Keyakids' reactions (and the girls' reactions to them) is always moving and I think it would be good for new gens too experience that.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2