1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    There has been a peculiar trend among Japanese companies for decades now. Long story short, they tend to keep the best stuff for themselves. Looking at you, automotive industry. Either they think we are not worthy of getting interesting shit or they just believe it's all too bothersome to explain the appeal.

Think what you want about the Koreans, but recently they have been much more successful in distributing their culture and goods abroad. Japan on the other hand... For example, the "Cool Japan" initiative, tasked among other things with combatting the Korean Wave, has been falling short of expectations for years.

Maybe Japan's corporate culture is to blame here. All too often it is too stiff to get new and ambitious things done. And another point. The way I see it, Japan has never fully recovered since the end of the Bubble economy. At least the scale of their international aspirations. Tokyo 2020 Olympics was supposed to bring forth the new era, but we are yet to see what becomes of it.

BUT. Not everything's dark and gloomy. Let's have a different look. Maybe being targeted only towards the domestic audience is exactly the reason why Keyaki (or other Japanese media of your preference) is so good. In this case let's hope they stay true to their original vision forever :D

P.S. Damn those 48Gs. Instead of the usual stuff, NMB48 held a little something something called individual Zoom talking meeting. And here we are desperately trying to entertain ourselves by exchanging walls of text.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Hunter

Hunter Kenkyuusei

If I'm right about this, for the latest NMB single, they distribute something like a phone card (instead of HS ticket? or adding for this ocassion) and they can use the code on the card to hear conversation with their oshi. And like a lottery, they can also have phone call with chosen member - now I think change to Zoom meeting. Talking about innovative and how free 48G is here

3. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @turbogig Thank you my friend for that "And here we are desperately trying to entertain ourselves by exchanging walls of text." In a few words you described my current frustration and disappointment. WE do the ACTING to the (almost) nothing we receive, while we should do the REACTING to the everything our group can do!

Now, regarding your comments on Japan and its commercial mentality, again, I think you've hit the right spot... Their stiffness is maybe the only barrier that stops them steamroll the whole world... I mean, I love these people and I want them to influence the globe much much more than what they currently do. Their ethics for example or their attachment to focusing on the group rather than the individual (but always safeguarding the dignity of the individual) could be a great paradigm for all. Just look at the 70's when they literally dominated the tech world. Where is this Japan now?

Japan is the 2nd larger music producer in the world behind the US. And we are talking to quality as well as quantity (Shiina Ringo for example over-shadows many top-class music creators of the west). This industry should be omnipresent... Why do people have to look at me weirdly when I am listening to Japanese music in my car (and literally everywhere and at all times)? And as far as idols are concerned, in my country (as in many other countries in the world I am sure) Japanese girls are considered a particular kind of exotic beauties (I go beyond that, as in my eyes they are angels incarnate). Why aren't these idol groups at least KNOWN (popular is certainly too much to ask for). One of my greatest wild dreams would be to be a wealthy agent and arrange for a Keyakizaka46 concert in the Athens Olympic Stadium in front of 70,000 people!!!

However, for me the most serious issue that modern Japan has to deal (and deal ASAP) is not promoting their (animate or inanimate) products abroad... It's the demographic and the alienation of the sexes! This is what makes me feel dread about this wonderful people. The fact that future is so gloomy and all prospects are nothing but a fast spiral of a diminishing and ageing population (and immigration is NOT a solution - not at all!).

Japan needs the future much more than any other need for exports!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    • Like Like x 1
  5. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
  7. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
  8. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Well, if I say that Fuu-chan's production for a 1 min video is super, would I be considered biased?

9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Naa.. once again Fuuchan delivers [hehe] it would be wonderful if staff let her plan the next Keyaki PVs.
    Another thing I love is the fact she's raising up the standard... after this promoting oneself will never be the same. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Darn, Fuuchan! I had to rewatch her mobame promotion on my big screen and full volume audio! How come this girl who is beautiful, talented, funny, down-to-earth, excellent dancer, caring, hot (wait till she gets her photobook out some day), not get enough push?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Awesome news! The Recording Industry Association of Japan debuted its streaming certifications and Keyaki had two songs Certified Gold (50,000,000 streams) and Silver (30,000,000 streams) for SaiMajo and Fukyouwaon respectively.
    SaiMajo is one of the older songs on the list before streaming began it's boom in Japan (pretty much in the last two years) so who knows how high it would have ranked if it was released today! It's one of the 25 songs certified Gold, and there are only 7 songs certified Platinum so just goes to show what an incredible achievement it is (though I did notice Kenshi Yonezu isn't here since I believe his songs are not available for streaming but he'd likely take up a few slots on the list if he did.)
    Fukyouwaon is in Silver with three other Nogizaka songs (Influencer, Synchronicity, Kaerimichi) but aside from that there are no other 48G or Sakamichi stuff on the list.

You could check out the rest of the list here. Hopefully they could have another song Certified soon!

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 4
  12. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
  13. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @Dill Now that you mentioned it, that hit the nail right on the head: Fuu-chan's production beats even a certain number of seed & flower productions. That girl, who has given so much to the group, to the detriment of her own career, would become a great future producer for the group (apart from joining Takahiro Sensei's assistants/pupils).
    @Jsprite My friend, even I could not be so enthusiastic as you were about my Oshi, Fuu-chan. After my bitter experience with my AKB48 Oshi (Miyu Takeuchi) I've learned the hard truth that Japanese idol world is so unforgiving. Some members seem to be condemned forever to live away in the spotlight (usually for reason that I, a gaikokujin, can never comprehend). I have long ago compromised with the idea that my 1st gen Oshi is not among the popular girls and I've learned to enjoy every small moment of spotlight that is devoted to her. Fuu-chan Photobook??? Sound like a sci-fi scenario to me although it would have given me immerse pleasure.
    P.S. Mii-chan's kiss (at 0:52) literally killed me!

14. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Koike: The girl with the 6 year-old voice. This is what an angel must sound like. Now, wanna know what an angel would look like when pissed off? Again, look no further than Miichan's death stare.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Fuyuka really is the most variety-friendly, showman (show-woman? lol) type, she's really fun and a terrific dancer too.

This is just my guess, that among idol groups there will always be one who are masters of variety: we have Fuu-chan and Oda Nana among others who really excelled. Maybe management does not see her as someone to be pushed and only see her as a variety master. I for one fail to see reason in that logic.

RunRun is really growing on me lately. I like her variety sense and her girlish giggles, along with the weird voice changes. We are lucky to have such a great batch of 2ki.

16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Just a little reminder that in less than 40 minutes you can enjoy Keyaki once again on YT

if the video does not show watch the video here

It would be great push up the views number and show mngmnt that we are absolutely THIRSTY for new content (and perhaps add english positive comments to show that we are here too)
    I can't watch or listen to it because I'm working but I have the video on background.
    ....The only time I like to be a number lol

Let's go Keyakids! And have fun, of course :chuffed:

• Like Like x 1
  17. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
  18. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    For me Mii-chan's angry-face opus magnum is Keyakitte-Kakenai ep. 31 from minute 22:55 onward especially after 23:42 (reaching a peak at 24:22 - 24:35). Her pissed-off levels just broke the piss-off-ometer...! I would pay to see her so angry at least once a day.
    In case you have forgotten this episode, just re-watch it: You won't regret it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

If I were the guy that marries Koike, I'd on purpose leave the toilet seat up, not throw the trash out, and not wash the dishes, just to get her pissed-off looks!:D

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I really cannot understand these 2 dislikes to @Jsprite 's comment above (possibly by ladies?). On the contrary, for an imaginary couple with Mii-chan, seeking her death-stare could be a sign of great affection... Nobody sane enough could be really rude to this angel. However, reading this post early in the morning while having my breakfast was somewhat agitating after "extrapolating" the image @Jsprite described by having the inevitable conclusion in the form of the possible passionately tender ways of reconciliation...

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1