1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    Instead of MV they release the performance of Welcome & Secret Story of The Swan

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Welcome is perfect for me, period.

But SSS, I don't think is a bad song but I feel there's something missing that I still can't properly process the song.

Now, this is the first time in almost two years that Wonyoung is not in the middle at the end of the song, which (along with how every individual release order is based on age) makes me think Eunbi is the new center of IZ*ONE, not saying Wonyoung is not the center anymore but there's now two.

Actually I think with this new release they have left their identity as a Produce group in the past. So I think is the same for the PD48 order and now it's all by age, if we go from oldest to youngest the 1st one is Eunbi and if we go from youngest to oldest then the 1st is Wonyoung, and since I think both orders are valid then I guess both, Wonyoung and Eunbi are centers now.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    So, I like this more than Fiesta? My God this is amazing!

• Like Like x 2
  5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I like this more than Fiesta too and OMG Chaeyeon's dancing is HAWT!!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Aestaine

Aestaine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yay new comeback! I feel like I only pop in when Iz*One's releasing something haha...

Though I am not sure if I quite like Secret Story of the Swan. I think this is their weakest A-side as of yet, mostly because the song feels rather stitched-up with the contrasting pre-chorus/chorus. I am pleasantly surprised they came back with a girl crush concept despite the cutesy teaser but this is not... quite it... Haha... I don't think it's disastrous, just that it wasn't as instant as La Vie En Rose or even Fiesta (which grew on me). The performance was great though and I quite like the choreo they have for this.

The mini album itself is quite short but that's fine - it feels like a Japanese maxi-single haha. Pretty is absolutely my favourite on the first few listens! Iz*One's probably the only K-Pop girl group who I can always rely on to deliver "cute" songs! From Colors (back in Color*Iz) to Hey. Bae. Like it. to Airplane, to Dreamlike and now Pretty - their cute songs are bubbly without being sickly!

Merry Go Round is my 2nd favourite with Rococo tying in 3rd place with Secret Story... With*One is a nice closer ballad and the intro is alright.

I just hope this isn't the last thing we hear from them >_>

My personal hope is that they will continue on as a group, either Vernalossom "taking over them" completely or them being "reborn" with another name to shed the Produce48 identity. I think they have already built a substantial credential and it's a shame to let that go - not to mention it's probably AKS' biggest chance in continuing their presence in Korea (assuming Sakura, Nako and Hitomi want to continue). Being the second most successful K-Pop group in Japan is also nice. Who knows, maybe to spice up the Sousenkyo they could let Iz*One members participate as well haha... Oh well a man can dream :p

• Like Like x 2
  7. Midori

Midori Member

Favourite A-side so far. The brassy parts and girl-crush vibe are more my style than their other songs. Also nice to hear that someone trained the nasality out of the J-Line and Hyewon though I feel like it should've been done before LVER... Oh well, they've all improved and that's what matters!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Sakura mentioned a few times that she has been seeing a vocal teacher!
    Maybe Swing was the change we needed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Swan and vampire are a pass for me. I wonder if they delayed the MV to puff up and reshoot Hitomis sleeves? I was cool on Buenos Aires at first but now I think it's the most underated song. I don't feel that with swan.

In other news so called wizones went after saito asuka for not being familiar with IZONE. Insert higuchi "uh-oh"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=430287937808376&id=295273667976471

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    (Mod edit: removed oversized photo)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2020
  10. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    That's normal kpop twt drama though? Like actually.... It doesn't matter how famous or big a group or idol is, they can and will get called irrelevant and unpopular. Kpop stan twt is filled with kids who are like 14 or 15 years old, don't pay attention to them, they are just stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2020
  11. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

Didn't that incident happen like a long time ago?

IIRC, Ashurin was talking about her experience working on IZ4648, and in the moment she couldn't recall the name of IZ*ONE.

Most fans laughed it off as it was totally understandable. IZ*ONE hadn't debuted in Japan yet.

Did Ashurin do something again or are people digging up old news?

I'm sure Ashurin knows IZ*ONE by now. Even Maiyan went to an IZ*ONE concert.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Woke up early this morning to watch the comeback show! The switch-up of center positions is so appreciated. I feel like Eunbi, Minju, and Sakura got great treatment this time around. So glad Nako got *some* good parts, and I'm super into Hitomi, Chaewon, and Chaeyeon's moments. I just wish Yujin got to show off her vocals a bit more! (Also Nako.)

SSS nears Fiesta-level hype. Definitely feels closer to Iz*One's Japanese releases, and the addition of the Japanese versions of SSS and Merry-Go-Round are fitting and appreciated. Rococo is a blast - feels like an encore of Kimi Igai and Ayayaya.

I haven't been this excited for a 48(-ish) group's release in.... almost a decade. Can't wait for the MV in a few hours!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Hipployta

Hipployta Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I'm not a fan of SSS but I understand Swing is trying to increase the popularity of other members so they are changing up the positions. I mean Eunbi and Chaeyeon being two of the main vocals but dead last in popularity is kind of a problem.

14. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Oh! They made choreography for another song

It's unlikely but how I wish they'd release cutesy songs as the main track

• Like Like x 2
  15. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Yep. Date stamp is from June 2019. A mutual revived it on my feed and I fell for it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

16. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Screen time for Hitomi and Nako is huge compared to previous singles :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Well duh.. they're in 2,3,4 member shots opposed to 1shots last time around

19. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    Secret Story of Swan Chantmix Guide

Pretty Chant Chantmix Guide

IZ*ONE first comeback stage will be in MCountdown on 18th June along with Stray Kids, Cravity & Weki Meki

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    It's never going to be confirmed, but it's likely the MV was delayed because their management wanted to remove some stuff off of the member's faces. Eunbi had some controversy earlier when she had a "bindi" on her forehead in the MV teaser. She no longer has it in the MV and some of the members faces look like they got the edited treatment as well.

• Informative Informative x 3