1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    So I went on some nostalgia trip during quarantine, and in my Tokyo Dome Yume no Kawa performance, they dubbed over some live lines.
    I'm pretty sure I have heard the totally live version, where Acchan's mic goes high pitch at the end, and voices of the senbatsu members cracked while singing with emotion.
    Where could I have heard that if not from the DVD?

2. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    From the live stream version. They did stream Acchan's grad concert to Youtube.

• Like Like x 1
  3. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Ahh was there a live stream version? I see, thanks!
    Is it still available somewhere? I feel that's much more emotional than the DVD version.

4. kfr50866

kfr50866 Kenkyuusei

Guys sorry to ask a specific question but does anyone know what the song Okada Nana is singing in AKbingo episode 358 19:43-19:46 is called?

Edit: found it. it's called てもでもの涙.:^^;:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    It's 'Temodemo no Namida' from B3 stage.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    How were people able to find out the line distribution for Hito no Chikara? Also, how did people know Sato Amna sang harmonies in Area K

7. 48 group fan

48 group fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murakawabibian
    Hello there, I just recently bought some akb48 and nogi single cds. When I tried playing the cds that contains PVs on my DVD player and play station it didn't work. There seems to be a problem with my region/country. What should I do to watch the PVs? <3

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    DVDs are region coded. If you live in the US, these are the codes that matter:
    • Region 1 - Canada, the United States and U.S. territories.
    • Region 2 - Japan, Europe, South Africa, the Middle East (including Egypt) and Greenland.
    There are several solutions. The two that I have used.
    1) get software that can play them on your computer.
    2) buy either a multi-region DVD player (these seem to be hacks) or one from a country in Region 2 which will play Japanese DVDs. If you buy from another country, be careful about voltage and plug compatibility. I ended up buying a machine from England and a converter.

Edit: computers (at least Macs) can change the region used for playback, but only a limited number of times, so if you own two computers, you can make one your "Japanese" computer. You can also try hacking your dvd player yourself, but I didn't want to try on mine.

P.S. Japan and the US are in the same region for Blu-Rays, so you can buy Blu-Rays (e.g., concerts) from Japan and play them on your US Blu-Ray player.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    • Like Like x 2
  10. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    But there is a basic question, why are these DVD:s region locked? Why cut off markets for a commercial product? Maybe the reason is what a person I spoke to said, if a DVD is copy protected it's also region locked. I don't know if it's right. But why use copy protection when the net is full of unlock programs? VLC for example.

But this seems to be standard in Japan. Akicha performed in 4 small theater productions, like 10 performances in front of a couple of hundreds of people. But for at least 2 of them they also produced DVD:s. Of course I have those DVD:s, which may be produced in very small editions. They are region blocked. Why, why, why????? :confused: :D

11. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    it's because they (as most japanese products, games, tv shows, etc really) were never meant for foreign audiences. the lock is there to maximize the product/show/you name it's impact in the local region, to prevent breaking copyright laws and because certain distributors don't really have rights to intellectual properties outside of their own countries

tldr: it's because you're not supposed to enjoy something that was never meant to be made for you

12. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    The RPC flag on DVDs is 8-bits long, one bit for each region. Multiple bits can be set simultaneously which allows a DVD to effectively be Multi-Region. You can find such DVDs in some countries, like in the Baltics and in Latin America.
    So even if you have to region lock your DVD there is no technical need to limit it to just one region.

13. 48 group fan

48 group fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murakawabibian
    When did akb48 started doing handshake events? What was the first akb single to have handshake tickets? Just curious....

14. nevergiveupboy

nevergiveupboy Kenkyuusei

ありふれた愛 - Arifureta Ai
    The stage fighter CM tie in song I think, has it ever been released at all? I don't think this song ever been released in any single or album ?
    this one:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  15. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    How were the units for Mae Shika Mukanee chosen? It seems random for me

16. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    The story goes that they started doing a handshake event when the sound system in the theatre a week after opening failed and they couldn't perform
    (not sure which AKBingo episode this came up. must have been a pretty old one)

edit: episode 91 Young Members vs Old Members Quiz
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Does anyone know how to participate in the guild battles on stage fighter? Every time I try and join I get the same message. I’ve joined a week ago so I don’t really understand, but I also made my own guild so I was wondering if that has anything to do with it
    BDC05360-F9BA-4F1B-945C-67B2B86D878A.jpeg

18. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    How big is the Akihabara Theater, I mean the stage? It exists of 12 liftboards, or what they are called. I might think each board is about 3 x 1.5 meter. Right? And then there are a bit space on each side and 2-3 small ledges in front of the stage.

19. Anni

Anni Kenkyuusei

Does anyone have a download link for “Supamoku! Idol Toshinosa Batoru : AKB48 vs. 80's Idols“ in eng subs?? It’s been deleted off of YouTube and I miss that video so much

20. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I only seem to have part 2 (but it has the dating simulation, so the best part imho ;) )
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxf5zbrvvkd3upg/Idol Battle - AKB48 vs 80s Idols part 2 eng sub [HD ].mp4?dl=0

btw ... that psychic ... was crap, in no way did/does Mariko-sama resemble the one with the beret, kokohsu-san (she was just annoying imho) :)

btw, a number of those 80ties idols are/were regulars on Utage and are/were often coupled with Miichan

I must say that if I had been familiar with idols in the eighties I'd probably would have picked Imori Miyuki-san as my oshimen, even though she got picked on all the time, I think she was the most fun (and kawaii).
    (ok, it's obvious, I like variety type idols :) )

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1