1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 9th / Last Single [Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka?] (2020/08/21)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Sep 10, 2019.

1. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    In the announcement the song is referred to as “limited single”. But in the web cover it says “the last single”

2. Kumosayi

Kumosayi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kawata Hina
    The news after does say so, though.
    "8月21日の配信シングル「誰がその鐘を鳴らすのか?」を最後の楽曲としてリリースし、10月に開催予定の「欅坂46ラストライブ」にて活動を休止します". "After releasing their last single "dare ga etc." there will be a last live in october (or they'll talk about it in october? Not completely sure) and they'll suspend their activites"

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  3. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Thank you. I only checked the link written in the recent posts. When I click on the thread, it directed me to the new posts, after all, so I definitely missed the info on the OP. I have only checked the general thread after making my post here too.

I checked the news entry after that one too, just now.
    Screenshot_20200716-180500_Chrome.jpg
    Disappointing news. Hope more details will be announced soon.

4. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Last single... :fp:

I'm so out of the loop. People are saying this will be centered by Pon? From the picture, it seems more like Yuuka is standing up front?

Was the entire song performed at their live?

Edittt; watched it on Twitter lol. Center was indeed Ponpon (and Risa, Yukkanen as partial centers?)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  5. langsikretoooo

langsikretoooo Kenkyuusei

The group will change their name and still not decided what will be the new name. That's why it is called last single.

6. Azumi

Azumi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Maeda Atsuko
    Any rumours what will be Keyakizaka46 style will be after all?

7. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Hopefully they keep their style. Nogi has the "Classy" style, Hinata the "Happy Aura". I sure hope so the new Keya keeps its "Edgy, cool" style.

8. Rev4

Rev4 Member

They still have mysterious members in the group so Yuuka has said she wants the group to try more things that they can't do as Keyakizaka.

What happened to individuality they talk about last year for example. Run-chan's wadaiko virtouso performance live? The Tokyo Dome performance was a showrun by Techi. Her solo performance and her last song performed as Keyaki member and even the group as Keyakizaka.

With a name change they can do stuff they never could before. Whatever their style would be is their true identity for who they are without Techi. It's scary and exciting at the same time. Not much changed for Hiragana, they changed name, they kept same MCs for their variety show, they still has some elements from Hiragana in Hinata. I can see the same for Keyaki with the name change and minus the edgier songs that happened around 3rd single with Otona wa Shinjikurete and developed further for 4th single. Mngmt had decided to push Techi's image instead of as a group.

However, what happens to choreographer in the future is up to mngmt to decide. There could be new choreographers out there with a different style we are not aware of. That will be less exhausting for members if mngmt has a longer live in mind.

I also wonder if this means they are going to perform at outdoor stadiums if Yuuka wants this group to grow bigger than what they are now.

9. Surabaya

Surabaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    I almost died when I read the "last single" and "last performance".

I apologize to his fans, but I think Hirate has done the group a lot of damage.

I wish all the luck of the world to the group in its new beginning, and I hope that there will be no eternal centers again.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  10. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Turns out this leak was legit. But it's not an album. I wonder if we ever gonna get it at this point.

11. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Let me correct you, Management has done the group a lot of damage. Hirate was a 14 year old girl who wanted to perform, and they pushed her too hard until she cracked and left. Rather than them to fix the mess they created with her and the group, they chose to just rid themselves of any responsibility by leaving it behind completely. Can't blame Techi for their incompetence. They can continue with centers, but they would be insane to keep their eternal center thing going again.

I hope we get one in october before they officially rebrand to completely close up lose ties and songs already recorded, but i doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. outkastband

outkastband Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    staff A: what should we call next single? is it 9th or 10th?
    staff B: how about we call it last single.
    staff A: last single? so keyakizaka is disbanding?
    staff B: then we rename it. okay, single's numbering issue is cleared.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Ninth single exited the chat.
    Last single entered the chat.

Yeah, technically it's the 9th single... but who cares now. This is now just simply a farewell single.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    That's what I've been thinking about, this is not the 9th single, everything that was planned (songs, senbatsu, etc.) for it was cancelled after Techi's departure. Now they picked a song that it could be part of the 9th single and labeled as their last single. I still don't consider this as the 9th single because it looks like the special single Nogi is releasing, it's just that Keyaki is labeling as their last single.

15. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

For those who watched the live performance, what do ya'll think about the song / performance / screentime / formation etc.?

I think I need the high-quality rip of the song to make a proper judgement but it sounds very nice from an initial rough listen. The dance, like most Keya A-sides, looked a bit hectic and arduous but the poor camerawork might've contributed to that. The girls really work their arms in this one lol.

What I found most interesting was the center rotation? Definitely seemed like Pon is the "main" center but Yuuka & Akanen took the lead several times (mgmt finally acknowledging Yukkanen shippers?) and Risa was very visible a couple times too. Runrun definitely seemed like the 2gen rep for this song.

Screentime inequality was probably one of the biggest criticisms against the group, so I'm really glad that we're seeing a transition to a more even distribution here. Definitely didn't feel like there was an absolute center for this single.

And lastly, the formation! No senbatsu - all 28 members participate in this single. The stage certainly looked crowded, but I think it's only fitting for all members to participate in their last single.

16. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    I am just shocked at the news that this is their last single, I hope just that re branding their name doesn't mean that they'll also be changing their entire concept that I first fell in love with. Even tho all they are doing is changing their name I cant help but feel like I'm saying goodbye :(

17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I really appreciated they found a way to put new-new gen in there as well even if briefly, but honestly? I waited so long for this song to be released and now I can't even love it like I wished.
    The live version, with Pon's voice breaking, Fuuchan crying openly, Karin bawling her eyes out will always be the best one.
    They really gave their all and the only negative thing I can say is that they used a lot of space for garasu.. they should have used a bit more for this song as well. I feared they were gonna hit each other in some fast part.

18. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I'm torn. I love the song and want to support it, and I really love the girls for all their hard work and dedication in spite of having an uphill battle, but at the same time part of me wants to stick it to S&F for this incompetence. What's a gaijin idol fan to do?

Well, I guess it took a Keyakizaka rebranding to snap you out from your hiatus eh? Welcome back :p

To answer the question, I really loved the live. It felt jarring at first without the applause and live chants, but the intensity of their performance and elaborate sets, generally good camerawork (I swear I saw some out of focus cuts at times) made up for it. I wish they would do one more before closing the Keyaki Chapter.

• Like Like x 1
  19. nyahappii

nyahappii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    mikeyspacejdot
    Maybe they can change their outfits, to black shiny patent-leather shoes, shiny blue dress pants and white undershirts, and change their name to Yakuzaka46 .... no?

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. Azumi

Azumi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Maeda Atsuko
    Maybe they will be Toriizaka46?