1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Maeda Atsuko (Acchan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by xyish, Jun 5, 2007.

1. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    No spoilers, but she was very different in that drama to her usual roles and her own self. It was certainly interesting to see her in that kind of role.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@iainus Oh I love that she tried something different <3 I still didn't watch Remote de Korosareru, because I wait to see if there will be any softsub (I have the drama in really good quality and I want to see it with that version but I can't find softsub yet XD) I hope that I'll be able to watch it soon!

Speaking of this drama, someone made a tweet to say that despite being 29 years old and being a mom, Acchan doesn't look awkward in a school uniform at all! I agree, it suits her! I thought about it and the funny thing is that when Acchan was 21 years old, she played roles like a teacher in Kasuka na Kanojo, it was a role for someone older, however last year when Acchan was 28 years old, she got a role of high school girl in the movie The World of Machida-kun, and now in Remote she is 29 years old and she has a role with a high school uniform, she's playing roles of younger people now XD Be it in the past or now, she isn't awkward at all when doing roles of someone older or younger! The school uniform photos from Remote:

001.jpg 002.jpg

Someone else made a tweet to compare Acchan in 2006 and Acchan in 2020! The photo on the right is from Acchan's promo video for Remote de Korosareru. Acchan didn't change!

003.jpg 004.jpg

She still has the cutest smile! :blush:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Wonder how long Acchan will able to play roles like that?

4. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    For sure not as long a Lemon-chan, Miorin can pull of playing an elementary school pupil if she wants ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Good news! it was announced yesterday that Acchan and other graduates will perform Hanarete Itemo together with AKB! "Ex-AKB48 members Maeda Atsuko, Takahashi Minami, Itano Tomomi and Shinoda Mariko to perform "Hanarate Itemo" together with active AKB48 member at NTV's 24hours TV, broadcast on August 22 at 18:30~". So it will be tonight in Japan! I can't wait for this, I'm happy that they will get to perform the song at least once! and it's been so long since we saw Acchan singing on stage <3

Speaking of Hanarete Itemo, when the music video was released, there was an article which included a message from every graduated member who participated. I translated Acchan's message: "I am happy that everyone can sing the lyrics written by Akimoto-san. May it reach the hearts of many people." <3

Another update, back in 26th July, actor Emoto Tokio appeared on a show called Oshareism and Acchan appeared in VTR. Emoto Tokio is Acchan's friend and he played with her in Q10, To The Ends of the Earth, Remote de Korosareru and in How To Become Myself! I just found out about this by going to his page LOL I watched this movie very very long ago so I don't know if they had scenes together, but they're both in it, it's a movie from 2007! Anyway, I believe they became friends starting from Q10. You can see a short preview of the show here, Acchan is wearing her black-striped white shirt again haha she looks pretty! To watch the full part with Acchan, here: Part 01 - Part 02 - Part 03 - Part 04.

The first part is a very short moment of Acchan talking, the second part shows a scene from Q10, it shows the cast of Q10 that became friends and stay friends until now, which includes Acchan and Emoto and others! Their friendship is really strong! The 3rd part is Acchan talking about Emoto, she said that he was her first private friend, she talks about the fact that he got married, she said he's very pure. She was laughing a lot, so cute! and the 4th part is Acchan sending a message to Emoto and congratulating him for getting married! I'm glad that Acchan has good friends among actors. I'll post some screenshots, Acchan is so pretty and cute!

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

From Acchan's IG Story today, she posted a photo of the animated character Tweety and Acchan wrote "Cute" aw yes it's very cute indeed <3

005.jpg

6. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

7. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Acchan seems to have lost the weight.

8. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I know I'm going to get clobbered for this, but I have never liked Maeda's short-hair look. Not now. Not as a member. Never. Some of the girls can go with the short hair and look good, but not her. I realize she doesn't want to keep her AKB hairstyle from 10 years ago. But this current hairstyle is simply not becoming. Obviously, my humble opinion only. Okay, I'm ready for my beating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. junjou19

junjou19 Member

nah, I'm with you. I mean, she's beautiful so she can pull off any hairstyle but I prefer her with slightly longer hair

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. richard durbano

I really make an attempt never to say anything negative about any of the girls: about their life choices or about how they are aging or about their singing, dancing and acting skills. I'm a fan. Always have been and always will be. But I am simply unable to keep my mouth shut when it comes to hairstyles. When I see an unbecoming hairstyle, for some bizarre reason, I feel obliged to point it out. As if anyone else cares what I think about such matters.

11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I also prefer Acchan with longer hair, even though I like her in all hairstyles but I think the best length is something like the hair length she has in Remote de Korosareru. But I think she probably wanted to try something new, and it's actually receiving positive response in Japan after the performance LOL, it makes her look fresh. The haircut reminds me of the one that Nagasawa Masami had (Acchan acted in the same projects as her often btw). in Masami's case too I prefer longer hair, it doesn't even have to be "long" but just even a little longer so it reaches the neck. I think the same for Acchan, this is not the first time Acchan has very short hair, she had it at her debut and again around 2011, but I feel those short haircuts looked more... full? and feminine too. Her new short haircut is a little more simple in style. I don't mind it, but I think it would look better if she lets it grow, even just a little like this. and then eventually longer XD For now it's fresh to see a change and I look forward to different lengths once her hair grows (hopefully she won't cut it again though XD)

Btw the performance of Hanarete Itemo with AKB aired, here is a link to watch it:

if the video does not show watch the video here

I really enjoyed it! To hear Acchan and Takamina's voices together again in a new song, it's so nice. Suddenly this song sounds like it's an old song of AKB... and I realize that Atsumina voices really helped to make a "sound" for AKB... and it's a sound that I really miss. I love their vocal tones, and especially when they sing together... it makes the songs sound so good. That must be why I love so many of AKB's music of the past, be it cute songs or cool songs or ballads, it always had these voices that I really like, and in Hanarete Itemo as well. <3

• Like Like x 3
  12. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Acchan usually has short hair and tends to wear hair extensions to have a medium length.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. richard durbano

I remember that old show ''600 Seconds'' where they told the viewers they were 'secretly' following the members around and video taping their activities and they filmed Maeda at a place getting her hair done and after they took out her extensions she said she ''felt bald'' without them. Then she wound up falling asleep in the chair. :) Too funny.

14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Here it is. When I was in Tokyo, I tried to find the shop (but only for a few minutes).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. richard durbano

Ha-ha. Good find. Wow, I haven't that show in years. I can't believe I remembered that she fell asleep in the chair. (I'm at that stage where I can't remember what I had for dinner last night!!!) She really was an absolutely stunning 19 year old, wasn't she? Aki-p certainly knew what we was doing when he named her AKB's absolute ace way back when.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Yuko does the same powernap thing in her 600 seconds episode as well (on Miichan's lap) .... they were working really hard and you learn to catch every moment of shuteye you can pretty soon in those circumstances.
    (Miichan still has that skill as a pic by Komiharu showed this weekend :) )

For sure their lives must have been a lot of 'hurry up and wait', well ... 'wait' means ... nap time :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'll post all the social media updates with Acchan from the day of NTV's 24hours TV. I want to say that it made me so happy when I saw all the photos and videos with Acchan and AKB, it's like good old times, I really miss Acchan as idol where we had this kind of thing everytime there was a TV show. I can't believe it's been already 8 years since she stopped being idol! I love her as actress and I enjoy every project she does in acting, but I always miss her as idol and always wish she stayed idol a bit longer XD I really miss those times! Ok, the updates:

From Acchan's IG: Backstage video #1 / video #2

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

Acchan wrote for the first post (with the video) "I'm ready. 24hours TV with everyone from AKB ♥️ We are scheduled to appear at 15:35!". For the second post (with the group photo), she wrote "With everyone ☺︎ I'm glad to have this wonderful opportunity ♥️". in the 3rd post (with a video), she wrote "Mariko was always good at taking photos and videos. Awesome!". and in the 4th post (Atsumina and solo photo), she wrote "Atsumina! This hairstyle is the shortest hair I've had in my 29 years. I was thinking of having a bob haircut, then I cut it shorter, that's how the short hairstyle was completed! I can try new things with fashion, it's fun." in this post, Tomochin commented "Too cute ♥️" and Acchan replied "Tomo, thank you *shy*", Takamina commented "Seriously cute!!", and Miichan commented "Perhaps this is the cutest for me!!!!!" and Acchan replied "if Miichan likes it then I can feel at ease *shy*". So cute!

More backstage videos: From Mariko's Twitter / video #2 / video #3

005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg 016.jpg

Sasshi made a tweet during the performance and said "Acchan is cute!!!!!!" aw that's so sweet <3 HKT member Yamashita Emiri, who is a fan of Acchan, made a tweet to say "Maeda-san is too cute..." that's really sweet too <3 in her post, Yuihan wrote "Maeda-san, Takamina-san, Tomochin-san, Shinoda-san, they are all kind and loved seniors! I'm grateful!!". Miichan wrote "I performed Hanarete Itemo with AKB48. Acchan, Takamina, Tomochin and Mariko-sama also participated, it was nostalgic, and a special moment. I hope I can stand on stage with everyone again. I went to the center for the photo!". Takamina wrote "It ended so fast. I was happy to sing with everyone! I found a nice hashtag #ILoveAKBInThePastAndNow #IAlwaysLoveAKB". Miion wrote "Along with Yuiyui, I went to greet, and with the help of the staff I could take a photo... T_T♥️ My first 2-shot with Maeda-san, it's a treasure! Thank you!". Yuiyui wrote "General Manager Miion invited me... I went to greet for the first time... I took a photo with Maeda-san for the first time ✨ I was nervous and my face froze... (laugh)". It's so cute seeing all these messages from old gens and from current AKB members talking about Acchan! So happy.

Someone made a photo compilation, this has most of the photos of that day, I'll post it:

017.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg 020.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    AHHHH MEMORIES YA'LL LOL! I've literally mentioned this video so many times cause it was such a huge shock to me that her hair wasn't her hair!! lololl. Literally teenage me was not able to notice those were stitch in extensions. I absolutely LOVED her hair with the extensions tho. I literally bought a wig cause the style was just perfect lolol.

• Like Like x 1
  19. richard durbano

Those extensions enabled Maeda to have the absolute perfect idol hairstyle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Recently, Bunshun Online posted a ranking of AKB48 Group and Sakamichi's General Election ranking for 2020! The survey was made with 3,591 Bunshun readers from age 12 to 86, the calculation: 1st place=5 points, 2nd place=3 points and 3rd place=1 points (Source). For final result, Acchan ranked at #6 with 518 points! The girls who ranked above her are Mayuyu (it made me happy to see her win considering she's retired, I hope she saw it >.<), Maiyan, Sayanee, Yuko and Techi. I like all of them LOL. I'm really impressed with Acchan's ranking since she graduated 8 years ago and among these girls, she stopped being idol long before, but she is always remembered as a legendary idol, and still ranking so well in this kind of surveys. I love to see this! Even recently with the Hanarete Itemo performance, so many people talked about Acchan. She will always be loved as an idol <3

Speaking of this, I wanted to post these 2 videos of Acchan focus camera. These are really old and I remember there used to be uploads of it on Youtube (with better quality) that had so many views, but of course it's been years and years so it's gone >.< but you can watch it here and it made me really nostalgic to see this again! I love these Acchan focus versions!

Pioneer and Ponytail to Shushu, 2 very different songs and she did awesome in both! I really love when she had this hairstyle too, so pretty! Acchan as idol was amazing and perfect :cute:

• Like Like x 3