Movie / DVD Our Lies and Truth: Documentary of Keyakizaka46 (2020)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by keyak, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I dunno, to me it feels like everytime a piece of the docu is shared people are gonna point their fingers to someone new, even thought what we are seeing (or reading) is something we already know or should know.
    Now that people can't do it with Techi because finally they perceive her struggles, and only because they have the video of her as proof, the finger goes to the next best target.
    And I'm sure Techi Oshi, including me, did a lot to deserve this, but at the same time I wonder if this can be the right way to push a fandom.
    I wonder if mngmnt already calculated Teshi Oshi money as lost after the renaming, which would may be the smart thing to consider, and if they're just pushing this new narrative they never ever cared about to compensate.

And what kind of fandom will be born from this?
    This will be last time I say it because I feel like a broken record, but it's a shame this Docu will be what future fans will watch to learn about Keyaki. We missed probably our only shot to tell Keyaki story in favor of a sensational movie that is doing well, but it's not what should have been

Yesterday I saw a gif of Hiraishin Making of and Techi laughing while Shida watched her and Mon laughed as well. I hope it came from the movie, because Keyaki has been made by this stuff too.
    From what I understood graduated members weren't inteviewed too but I hope I'm wrong and I just didn't read their part... because really, what Documentary is if you miss the core of Keyaki?
    I'm sorry if I always sound negative, but all of this just feels plain wrong to me. Right now I can't wait for October to come and leave this behind.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  2. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    That would be ideal, I pray that it will be like this. Its not like we can fly to Japan right now to see it. I really fail to see why S&F does not capitalize on international markets, that last Online Live! alone would have given them an indication of international interest (and revenue!) generated by Keyakizaka46.

Regarding Techi, I really don't want to open up a discussion again, but hear me out - by all accounts I've read, Techi is the lead character of the doc. A lead character who never speaks in interviews, but whose presence is felt all throughout. It actually reminds me of the movie The Kirishima Thing where the movie revolves around an absent protagonist (if you haven't seen it check it out, its really good).

There is no doubt that Techi from 2015 was not the same Techi in 2017, definitely, something changed in her. Only Techi and those closest to her know for sure, but at least we can take solace in knowing that she is healthy, doing what she loves, and is still an artist. If she quit a la Yone, it would be such a waste with all that talent.

With all that being said, I will reserve judgment until I've seen the docu myself.

3. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Trailer dated on 6th Sept:

if the video does not show watch the video here

A review/reaction posted on the "documentary"/movie (in JP, so for JP speakers):

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  4. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
  5. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

6. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Just read the spoilers and the documentary seems interesting, however there is one thing that bothered me.

A lack of Neru and Zuumin. The doc did seem to have a segment about their grads but it seems we got nothing about their thoughts or feelings in their own words. This is a particularly glaring omission during the Sezon->Garasu era when both of them were seen as faces of the group and possible next centers after Techi. We got a lot from Yuuka, Nen, Risa, Fuu, Pon, but absolutely nothing from Neru or Zuumin.
    Neru was incredibly important to the group from the perspective of the fans/public so it seems crazy to ignore her in the doc. And its no secret that Zuumin wanted to be center so it seems very odd that there's no mention of her thoughts or feelings during the "can the group exist without Techi at center" crisis that the majority of the doc seems to focus on.

8. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

It was written in the spoilers that not everything was included. There probably was more of them that we see but again, they couldn't be interviewed since they left before the interview begun?
    As said usually, it needs to be watched before commenting. That will be the best

9. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Remember that the movie is just 2 hours while Keyakizaka have 5 years long history and a total of 36 members, OGs included. So what included in the movie is just a portion of it

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Shiroma Miru of NMB48 has posted a video on her YT channel in which she talks about the Keyakizaka documentary having just seen it, and then she dances to 'Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasu no ka?':

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

One convert at a time!:p

12. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I got to know Shiroma Miru from Produce 48. At that time the image I had of her (and in contrast with my AKB oshi Takeuchi Miyu) was that she was too "erotic" for a Japanese idol with a wild "feline" face. But after this video, I wouldn't say no to an "exchange" and have her in the newly branded group (ok ok I'm joking). In any case, good job Miru-san!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

@Dill
    "And what kind of fandom will be
    born from this?"

Jokingly, I'll start by eliminating cultism and overestimating trait in the newnamezaka fandom.

I get that it is coming out of fans love though, so that depends on how much it actually hurt the keyakiddo instead after watching the movie myself.

14. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Since there will be no more Techi and I bet there won't be a Techi-like member, this cultism won't be there. And if mgmt do not repeat that mistake again, we won't have that. So far, the fans are all for the members of the group. No more this member this, this member that. It will continue to the new aka too, hopefully.
    Like I wrote before, that cultism hurt the girl most than s&f

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @EinhanderX You are an optimistic.
    2 days in, we aren't even to the last concert and I already saw some members been put on that pedestral. Can't wait for the senbatsu system to start lol

16. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Just curious, who do you think are these members?

17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    It's even too easy. Let's not go there.
    It seems to me there're already enough discussions going on about futile motives, no need to spurr another one when we'll be to each other's throat in a few months lol (kidding) (sort of)

18. hibana

hibana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tamura Hono
    you already did though

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Really? lol

20. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    I watched the documentary yesterday and I have reached the part where Hirate had officially withdrew from the group. I hope that it is okay for me to express myself here about it without getting blasted. It's just my selfish opinions, so bear with me.

Keyakizaka46 is the sister group of Nogizaka46, and when these girls received their debut, their popularity skyrocketed beyond recognition. When Silent Majority was released and the first live show was held, the crowd saw Techi with that charismatic, powerful, mesmerizing look in her eyes and movements. And that's where all the main hype for this group began.

Getting to the point: this focus on Techi throughout the entire documentary is what many fans probably wanted to see; the so called "truth" about what was really happening with the group due to the influences of Techi as the centre. Because of her popularity and ratings, she was always placed at the very front to push the group to incredible heights. It is Japan that the fans spoke the loudest, so due to the reception, Seed and Flower answered, and Hirate was pushed continuosly. All attention for flaws, trials and error should fall under management. Not the girls.

But when the interviewed girls spoke about how she began to immerse herself in the songs and sacrifice her body and her being for Keyakizaka46, I finally understood what this documentary symbolizes. From my perspective, because Keyakizaka46 is no more and it is rebooted, they are showing everyone the realistic side of this original idol group. They weren't the "cutesy, burriko, lovey-dovey" idols. They were dynamic, epic and relentless, and this is what Techi took on for herself. She gave her all to convey real meaning in the songs, selfishly remained absent when she was dissatisfied with her performance and isolated herself often to give the other girls attention. This is the realistic side of this group and I loved it. They were told to be themselves and perform like a different set of idols and that is what they did with every fiber of their bodies.

Finishing now: As Sugai and Akane said, they depended on Techi to carry the hype. They also said that the series of events for the past five years did not always go the way that they wanted. To me, all has happened already. Seed and Flower and Keyakizaka did everything that they could to make changes, but what happened happened. It was a painful memory to leave behind for this group, but it is the only memory. That's just my two cents.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1