1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    The costumes still didn’t fit that other song that well either. A Shitsuren, Arigatou performance would have done those costumes more justice tbh. Or if they were to be bg dancers, an 80s sounding song.

2. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Really??? I guess I'm just not as updated on AKB as I used to be lol

3. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Love the outfit. I wish they will perform more of their songs on that outfit. Or maybe use a song that could suit with the outfit. Was it KFC the song that they performed at the 2018 Kouhahu using that outfit?

I remember Juri likes that outfit that her theatre graduation dress has similar design and materials.

• Like Like x 1
  4. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Today in Komiyama Haruka Birthday Event, there is a normal seitansai procedure at the end (the "chotto matta", then the cake, then the birthday song, then the letter, then the standard 3 questions "how was the previous year" "what do you want to do next year" "a message to the fans"). This is the first time there is a normal procedure seitansai since (iirc) Feb 19.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I just watched the Machibuse performance from The Music Day, I find it very nice! I'm glad AKB got a chance to perform another song even as back dancers, any exposure is good for the girls. The 6 of them did very well, and I like how they weren't just dancing but also moving their lips along to the song. They did a great job!

Fun fact, Yukirin who performed as back dancer here, actually performed this song Machibuse as a duet with the original singer, back in 2012 on Shin Domoto Kyoudai! it's a performance that I really love and watched a lot, I'll share it here because it's worth watching and it's a very nice song (and you can see Takamina at the back, she was a fixed cast on this show!)

if the video does not show watch the video here

<3<3<3

6. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    How have they celebrated seitanseis since then?

7. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    There were only 4 seitansai before this: Renacchi, Yukirin, Seichan, and Zun-chan. All of those have the Seitansai part integrated into the actual setlist instead of being a separated section.

Komi herself doesn't even know that there were going to be a separate section today.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

2020/09/12 The Music Day - Special Talk with AKB48 Yukirin, Yuihan, Miion

if the video does not show watch the video here

This is related to The Music Day so I thought I should post it here!
    This is a talk/interview, they discussed a little, then played a game. it's nice!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Jun-san

Jun-san Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Satsuki Aika
    THANKS FOR SHARING!!

10. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    UHM so apparently AKB and Goto Maki are gonna have a stage together for that music festival thing and I'm honestly so excited. My Hello Project loving ass is gonna die I swear. Someone call an ambulance lol. Or better someone play Ambulance by AKB while it's arriving (one of AKB's best hoe anthems since 2014).

If they don't perform Some Boys Touch, I'm gonna sue lol.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 3
  12. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    What mischief is this? No Koisuru Fortune Cookie? I thought that was obligatory. But it makes a nice bloody change. It's still daft though that they continue playing the same old songs, but I suppose they're probably requests.

"Never mind the last 8 years, play the old hits!" :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    No, literally, I don't get it lol. They have like what over a 1000 songs in their catalogue? Maybe idk I never counted, but it's a shit ton. I get we should perform the songs people actually know, but like it's so boring lolol. I don't need another performance of Heavy Rotation. It's been 10 years lol.

EDIT: Just so we're all clear I'm highly disappointed in this setlist and i'm gonna cry for like 26 minutes because Goto Maki served a whole fucking national anthem with Some Boys Touch and I may never get to see a new performance.

14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I know most of their biggest hits are all pre-2012 + KFC but I feel like they could still perform something else though, I'm not speaking about this collab, but when AKB is alone. why not perform Beginner? I know it would take longer to learn and practice the choreography but I feel like the members have more time right now and it might receive more reactions than just another performance of Heavy Rotation or KFC. also I don't think the songs from 2012 and after are that unknown, they could perform Gingham Check, Labrador Retriever, Give me Five, Kibouteki Refrain, Green Flash... or for older songs why not Sakura no Ki ni Narou or some of the other ballads, why not Yuuhi who Miteiru ka, it's quite popular. There are many choices I would love to see them perform those songs again... I understand that music shows might not want Shitsuren Arigatou for example but would they refuse the songs I mentioned? I don't think so... it would make a nice change, like the time when they performed Majisuka Rock'n'Roll last year, it received a lot more reactions (and positive reactions) than usual...

I think the songs they re-perform the most are KFC, Heavy Rotation, Flying Get and 365. I know it's their biggest hits and national hits, and I don't mind to see them performed at times considering everyone knows them, but I wish it wasn't in every performance though... Anyway at this point I'm just happy that AKB gets to be on music shows LOL sad that the 48 sister groups don't get invited anymore especially when I quite liked their latest singles and the sister groups have a lot of nice new gens too. Could it be that they avoid making them travel to Tokyo because of the pandemic? I wonder... it's possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

So they’re finally adding AKB’s discography to Spotify for international fans?

16. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Apparently for some markets. YMMV

17. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Actually they have done it long time ago -but some countries only got pre-King Record discography (+ Sugar Rush)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Still true in the US.

19. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Currently Ebika right now on Spotify; I'm so freaking happy

20. wlerin