1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    Just wait until the universal release of the blu-ray DVD

2. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    It didn’t do so well. It’s first weekend it opened at 5th in BO receipts and sunk from there. It’s problem was that many measure it against the anime which was just really good. It’s unfortunate and unfair to, but that’s how it goes.

But really the advertising was great. Team Eizouken needs more work together.

• Like Like x 3
  3. fornogichu

fornogichu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nakamoto Himeka
    Probably didnt help that Kimetsu no Yaiba's movie dropped so soon after it.

4. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Fettuccine x Nogi

Mayottara, Hazu Muhou (season 2)

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  5. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

I wonder if there is data collected anywhere on how successful are all the movies and shows that members have been in. (Including TV dramas, I'm guessing Anata No Ban and perhaps even Nanamin's Getsuku drama from way back (though she only had a supporting role) would have had the highest viewership.)

6. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I am sure there's a Nogi wota with that data compiled. I just haven't come across it in my forays into the world of Nogi matome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Shiraishi Mai’s All Night Nippon, with Manatsu, Momoko, and surprise guest Matsumura!

if the video does not show watch the video here
    -The reality of Maiyan’s graduation hasn’t sunk in for her yet, although she keeps hearing ‘final this’ and ‘final that’ on all her programs. Maiyan thinks she may finally realize that she’s graduating when she stands onstage for her Live on the 28th. She’s been talking, eating, and playing around backstage with beloved members.
    -Maiyan joined Nogizaka because she was attending a music vocational school and a professor asked her if she wanted to audition for AKB48’s rival group. She wanted to give the auditions a try, but didn’t actually have a desire to be an idol, so she was bewildered when she got to the last round. She called her parents after passing the auditions, and they suggested she’d gone through all the trouble, she may as well do her best.
    -Maiyan is usually awake at 1 AM, watching TV or movies, or listening to music. She likes late-night programs and occasionally watches anime.

-Maiyan says she’s nervous and lonely talking alone in the studio, but she starts to get the hang of it by the time Manatsu and Momoko enter at 16:40. Maiyan asks Captain Manatsu to take over the host role of announcing each radio segment.
    -Maiyan’s first impression of Manatsu at the auditions was that she seemed like a steady person. Manatsu’s first impression of Maiyan was astonishment that she was too beautiful. When Maiyan talked to Kazumin at the auditions, Kazumin kept tapping her own collarbone (Maiyan demonstrates at 19:25). When Maiyan asked why, Kazumin replied that tapping it made her relax and calm down, which is when Maiyan knew there was a strange and funny girl.
    -Momoko was too nervous when she joined Nogi so she doesn’t remember anything before Nigemizu. She liked Maiyan after their first gravure shoot together. Maiyan’s beauty biased Momoko to expect someone cool and distant, but she discovered Maiyan’s humanity; Maiyan laughs a lot and makes things fun.
    -Regarding graduation concerts, Manatsu says she was impressed at how Nishino Nanase-chan had the strength to not cry until the last song. Maiyan says she’ll definitely cry. Members have been crying at the rehearsal, especially Hazuki. Maiyan hasn’t decided her final farewell words yet. She’s deliberately not thinking about what to say; she’ll probably say whatever she feels in the moment.
    -This week’s listener mail topic was “things Shiraishi Mai definitely shouldn’t say as her last words at the graduation Live,” which Maiyan pretends to emotionally read out. It’s all silly things like “I’m going to go pick up my youngest child from nursery school now” or “See you next week.”
    -A listener writes in to say that, just like Momoko, their impression of Maiyan changed from hearing her on the radio just now. Maiyan says some people tell her their first impressions are that she seems scary and hard to talk to, but she's actually playful.

-Matsumura enters at 42:45. She managed to finish work early and hurry over.
    -Regarding Maiyan’s memorial magazine, Momoko says it's too beautiful, she cried, and she decorated her room with pictures from page 140. Matsu says there’s also lots of text, she likes the interviews and messages from everyone. In the magazine, Matsu ranked 1st place for “best couple” with Maiyan. Manatsu ranked last.
    -Momoko says Maiyan eats white rice, unlike girls who often avoid carbohydrates. Momoko has started eating rice recently, because she sees that Maiyan can eat it and still be beautiful. Momoko doesn’t need rice when she’s eating gyoza, yakiniku, hot pot, etc., which shocks the other 3 members. (Although I think Japan is the only country where eating gyoza with rice is normal.)
    -Manatsu says other members need to write notes when memorizing songs/dances, but Maiyan can do it perfectly without notes. Maiyan says taking notes is bothersome, she just memorizes it, with the song order, choreography, etc. naturally filling her head. She does make mistakes, but she laughs when she does. Manatsu and Matsu always struggle to memorize new dances. If one of them left Nogi, the other would be anxious without the reassurance that someone else is bad. Maiyan’s most difficult dance was Influencer. She says she only had 20% of it down when the MV was shot. Manatsu, Matsu, and Iku-chan practiced Influencer until 3 AM the night before the MV shoot. At the end of the night, they wept and said they couldn’t do it, while Iku-chan had fun taking out her phone and recording them crying.
    -Matsu says Maiyan is timid and can’t go in haunted houses. When asked what the scariest Nogichuu activity was, Maiyan says the electric shock pen was bad, but worst of all was the big frog.

-Maiyan’s message to listeners is that she’s full of gratitude to members and fans. She could pick any time out of her 9 years in Nogi and find fun memories. She hopes fans can cheer her on in her final grad concert as an idol, as well as in her career after graduation.
    -At 1:55:20, everyone gets teary-eyed after the music break, where they played Jaane and looked at listener comments. Matsu has been sad recently – the staff told her she has the “Maiyan blues.” Maiyan says today’s radio program was a precious time where she could talk to everyone while the fans watched over them, it was great.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 5
  8. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    can't believe the movie flopped, I'm so sad cause I'm sure it had a huge budget considering special effects, promo and all.

9. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I think I was too when I first saw her in AKBingo! But when you look back at the final audition videos, she really is stunning. Just really too much to look at. Thanks goes out to her teacher that told her to try out for the Nogi audition. Whomever they are will forever have Nogi fan's gratitude. Arigatou!
    From the reviews I read, the movie's problem is that the anime is the better version of the story. The anime had the advantage that it was an anime about anime creation. A medium using the medium to tell a story of creating said medium is always fascinating. Like a meta story. Also, the anime has the more memorable interpretations the characters. Yeah, the Eizouken film/drama had a big hill to climb against the anime. Also, live action interpretations of manga/anime just hasn't had the best track record.

We live in a Nogi bubble! I wish it did do better though.

10. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

While on the topic of movies, did Yoda’s Grand Blue fare any better?

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

it did better with almost 4 million $.
    Eizouken total gross is at 1 million $ so far.
    and while grand blue already been on theater for seven weeks earlier, it not seems like Eizouken will progress much to even catch it.
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/year/2020/?area=JP&grossesOption=calendarGrosses

*to put a little more sight about the nature of budgeting in Japanese film, this article from 2018 claim analysis that for 594 titles, the average gross was $1.93 million per title and maybe has budgeted of around $460,000 (JPY50 million) per title.
    but one old one from 2009 claim the average budget of the 407 Japanese theatrical films released in 2007 was 260 million yen (about $3 million).

Now both of them production seems either have lower or around the average budget. If the article from 2018 (variety) hit the nail, there posibility that eizouken may a critical flop but not box office.

I think if someone can provide more insightful data from the domestic source.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

That website isn't reliable, it only tracked the first weekend plus the opening day on the 25th and the one screening with stage greetings on the 24th
    If you check other titles in the ranking you can see that the "to date" column only gets updated when it enters their rankings again, which it isn't likely to do at this point
    You should also consider that Grand Blue was a larger scale release compared to Eizouken, so naturally numbers would be different if you were to compare the two

13. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Is this a general statement? Cause there's plenty of examples of manga that were far more successful in their live-action adaptations than in anime. From this year alone there's Wotakoi and Kaiji, both well-received films that both have way better sales than the anime adaptations. Plus the highest grossing film in Japan this year is also a live-action (Kyo Kara Ore Wa!!) which has grossed nearly $50 mil... it has former Nogi member Wakatsuki in it, which I believe would make it the best performing movie featuring a Sakamichi member thus far.

I mean if you compare something like Fullmetal Alchemist anime to live-action of course your impression wouldn't be good? But saying that manga/anime live-action adaptations have a bad track record is like saying book adaptations have a bad track record.

-

Anyways Eizouken really did get a lot of promotion so seeing the box office numbers in comparison a bit jarring. Plus with someone as popular as Hamabe Minami attached to the film as well I thought it would help as well.
    Hopefully the next Nogi-fronted film does better.

Other websites put it at 100 million yen as well. Unless you have a more reliable source yourself?

Unrelated note: Kimetsu no Yaiba film already the 3rd highest grossing film of the year when it's only on it's 2nd week... the series is truly a phenomenon in Japan. No wonder so many Nogi members like it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

i thought it will give general overview, but you have a point about the detail i probably missed.
    The site is not unreliable but the data (for foreign films) may just not update regularly.
    The question is how significant the other weeks, as implied above, it seems not fare very well.
    Except somebody has more up to date data (from domestic source).

idk about this, is this claim true?
    It weird that judging eizouken promotion it was not get wide (enough) release, not to say it has toho's back.

15. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

Every public/free source out there lists it at 100 million yen total grossing by the first weekend, I can assure you there is absolutely 0% chance it has grossed 0 yen a month later

Eizouken premiered in ~150 theaters nationwide, Grand Blue was in the ~250 range

16. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    @heatsignature isn't there a saying that "the book is better than the movie?" But rather than argue, I concede your point. My statement was a generalization of my opinion and more a product of me being more familiar with anime than in Japan live action films adaptations of anime/manga.

As I said before, we live in a Nogi bubble.

Perhaps that's a more damning statistic given the amount of advertising that it got. Like it's not making any money to register and has completely gone out of the theaters after just one week.

Perhaps Eizouken film's numbers would've been better if there was no TV drama and if it was closer to its original release. The drama occurring close to the anime's broadcast run really highlighted the difference. If it's release occurred back in May then maybe it would've benefitted from both the anime's momentum and the drama. Oh well. It is what it is.

• Like Like x 3
  17. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Also I read that the movie is a direct continuation of the drama which might have turned some people off. I think it would have been better if they just made the movie without the drama.

18. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

can you cite for future reference?
    with the budget also if you have. i suppose if that true then naturally grand blue has bigger budget.

i refuse to accept it lol.

I think it's unlikely it just vanish for just one week. the theater chains more likely to reduce the screening allocation week by week (for how long it depends if the numbers really sank gradually or significantly) so there chance it still collects some numbers after the opening weekend.
    *sidenote, idk in Japan but a movie usually has an allocation for a stay on theater in three months; that unless it was a hit (or certain circumstances) that could make it longer or vice versa.
    also, a successful film has a big chance to unlock more theaters, which seems not really the case.

i didnt follow the dorama, so this is a direct continuation; not like kyo kara ore wa i suppose, because the dorama has certain conclusion.

19. Aspii-sanSlave

Aspii-sanSlave Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    sadly i cannot order merch.. :fp::wall:

i registered in tenso and all but after i cart the merch and proceed with order its said that you need to login before proceeding, tried to register but my virtual AMEX card didnt go thru.. i cant even buy ticket too.. this is the worst :wall:

(this is my first time ordering item in overseas)

20. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Ok, so it grossed so little money since the first week that the studio hasn't reported on it, is that what you want me to say?
    It's definitely still in theaters so I'm sure it's making some money but probably not making a substantial amount. Maybe the studios will release final numbers at the end of the year, but the only reported number we have is 100 million yen.

You should be able to buy the gradcon ticket through Zaiko with your regular foreign credit card

• Like Like x 1