1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Hori Miona (Miona) / 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by caramujo, May 14, 2013.

1. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

2. hiichan

hiichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimoto nanami
    Honestly I was expecting it but now that it happens I can't believe it... She and all of 2ki deserve better but it only gets worse. I wish her all the best and hopefully miona clothing line soon
    I hope we get at least a grad concert for her :( I'm so sad :cry:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    So it's confirmed this will be her last single. And to think that 2ki presence has been reduced to only 2 for her last single is just heartbreaking.

4. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

And she post a pic with Ikuchan :(:cold:

5. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    I am shocked, i just reached the end of her solo mv and all i hear is "sotsugyo" and im like wtffff and came here immediately and sadly it is true that she is graduating :( miona was wasted potential in the group I truly wish her the best in the future its so sad to see her go tho i did not see it coming :(

6. air_guchi

air_guchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    I was never a big fan of Hori but I always appreciated the fact that she was there. She has always been a big supporting pillar for Nogizaka and she has helped pave the way for the newer gens, not just the 2ki...

I always enjoyed watching her on NogiDoko and NogiChuu and I will definitely miss seeing her on there.

Seeing her wearing her Barrette outfit under that big jacket, to me, was her way of wanting to re-live and remind everyone of when a 2ki stood at the center of Nogizaka. It felt to me like it was her saying "Do not forget who I was and what we have contributed to this group." And then at the end seeing her take off the uniform and then announcing her graduation as if to say "no more..." ... I'll admit, it was a little heartbreaking. She wanted to 2ki to have their chance of representing Nogizaka as centers but they have now lost out to 3ki and 4ki. So instead it's like she just said... I am Hori Miona, let me put on the outfit I wore as a center and let me represent Nogizaka as a 2ki... one last time.

She looks so heartbroken and hurt. I've never seen a Nogizaka graduate this way before. Excuse my language for a minute here but management REALLY fucked up with the way they handled 2ki. So much wasted potential and talent. And instead of utilizing them more, they went and added 3ki. And now 4ki. And new 4ki. Poor 2ki girls continuously getting their hearts broken.

This one hurt, not gonna lie. I hope the remaining 2ki stay strong and united and continue to stay in Nogizaka. I'll be cheering extra hard for them. A big thank you to Hori and I hope she continues to have success in the future!

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 3
  7. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    That's suspicious tbh. As far as I know they are not close, aren't they...

8. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I genuinely thought the next graduation announcement would be Ikuchan - which I was also dreading - simply because of her being pretty established outside the group.

It's pretty absurd when you think that Hori last centred a single for the 7th, and Ikuchan for the 9th singles more than 6/7 years ago and we're about to have the 26th(!) in a couple of months.

As much as I like 3rd and 4th gen - most of us do, right? - I honestly feel like management just don't give a shit about 2nd and even 1st gen anymore now that Maiyan is no longer around. Not that they've ever really cared about 2nd gen. I wonder how much that's weighed on her as a person, being the only 2nd gen to REALLY be pushed. . .

. . . This whole thing just sucks. She's been such a unique character in the group, and her journey from that centre, to then being pushed to the back row and then clawing her way back to become one of the core members of the group. She's been through a lot, and been entertaining throughout it all.

I miss those big gorgeous eyes of hers already.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    She was on the verge of graduation for years because of her initial airdrop.
    I can understand her motivation drained, working so hard yet never got another chance to prove her worth as a center.
    Everyone has their limit.

I am afraid for Kii now as well. The two of them kept each other going when things got rough, being each others' strength.

10. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

The only member that has ever had to face the ruthless treatment of being given the position of center only to be relegated to Under later on. She and the 2nd gens have always deserved better but sadly management has chosen to keep pushing he 3rd and 4th gens instead. Makes you wonder if there will be more 2nd gens following suit and graduating this year.

Such a shocking and sad announcement.

It kind of make sense that she's been posting photos with each remaining 2nd gen in her Instagram, almost like a countdown to this announcement.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nogipunch

Nogipunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    Holy... this was shocking. I'm not a big fan of Hori but she was definitely one of the key members. She's doing quite well solo and is appearing on some variety shows on her own though so good for her. Hori always wanted to promote and pull 2nd gen members up, I remember in early Kojichuu episodes, she always does promote the 2nd gen members.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    This is sad, one of my favorite members is graduating already right after Shiraishi? And here I thought Miona would finally reign as one of the group's aces.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I'm believing Ikuchan could gradute for Nogi's 10th anniversary, which is not too far away and maybe getting her second and last center.
    Maybe that's why they chose this path for Miona. We already had Shiraishi's grad single and probably Ikuchan's one "soon", they need to give space to new gens too. The problem is we didn't have another Miona center before, not now, in years like 2016 it would've been perfect timing.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Iirc Ikuchan is someone Miona want to be closed more than like friends. They're maybe not as close as a bestfriend but i believe 1st gen and 2nd gen just feel like they are friends.

15. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    What's gonna happen to the chopsticks that she received from Wakatsuki? :wtf:

• Creative Creative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. BlackPanda

BlackPanda Kenkyuusei

After reading her blog, I can feel her pain as pushed 2ki member even though I understand it just a bit. Especially when she wrote her 3 regret things. The last one is, cmiiw she wondered if she can fullfill some of her fans wishes such as she's being a center for the 2nd time, or singing a solo song (well she is doing solo song right now, but not like this Miona :cry:). Man... anw my Japanese not that good, so maybe I mistranslated it, maybe someone with better japanese can share her blog translation

17. langsikretoooo

langsikretoooo Kenkyuusei

Miona is graduating too :(
    It is now up to Ayane or Ranze to hold 2nd gens' banner.

I know a lot can change from then but Ikuchan made a statement that she'll stay with the group as long as there are still 1st gens remaining.

18. baketon

baketon Kenkyuusei

She also said (by mistake) she would like to call her "Ikuta" :)

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    that is a creative way to announce graduation though. i think everything is fcked up with corona around. there is no way miona wouldnt get a proper grad ceremony.
    anyway, wonder what will happen to remaining girl of 2nd gen? with their ace gone, it seems 2nd gen will be buried deeper from the public sight.

20. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I have so Many things in my mind right now... I just can hope for a b side 2gen song to say goodbye to her. That would at least put in ikoma's graduation level. I feel she deserves more but I guess hori was determinated to graduate soon and not wait until next single. I mean, having 2 graduation singles in a row is not a good idea.
    Or maybe she just wanted yukkuri to saku hana to be her farewell?