1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Alice Project

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Sadia23, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    Ok, I wanted to write earlier but stuff happend and a few times I just fell asleep behind my computer so please forgive me being late to the party.

@FruitPunchSamurai provided us again with some great stuff to read, think and talk about.

Regarding Satsuki, I watched a big part of her birthday live (mainly the Armor Girls part) and I agree with you. She would fit right in this unit and I wouldn't even say the chance of it happening is zero as I still find Steamgirls unit size a bit on the large size. Even with the parms stage being quite good, every time I see Steam Girls perform I have the feeling that many members drown as there is just to much going on on stage.
    After the live she posted a picture on twitter of herself in the ArmorGirls costume to which I responded that she should transfer to Armor, no responce to that but hey, atleast she knows that some people would like to see her in Armor.
    I also agree she is extremely cute, maybe she is a bit like Moa in that she also might be TO cute. I mean she certainly radiates a "unreachable/untouchable" aura. That's why I am actually glad that she called FPS a pervert, combined with that she knows where people look at when they watch her, it shows she isn´t as naive as the roles she plays in her dvds suggest. I dont own one of her dvds but when you look for it you can find them on youtube. It isn´t my cup of tea though because, as I said, the role she is forced to play in them doesn´t match up with who she is.

I saw a lot of pictures of various members being shared on Twitter (including from FPS) and it looked like the girls had fun although I still have to question Tokyo fashion sometimes. The long skirt that Waka was wearing was especially bad (made me think of a garbage bag) and didn't suit her at all.
    In regards to the question of would I go to a photoshoot I say HELL YES I WOULD GO!!!
    Offcourse, as I am someone who would be in Tokyo by chance (can't really plan a holiday around a photoshoot) and as a tourist (with idem budget) I know my sentiment towards such an event is different compared to the regular fans who live in the area. For me it would be someting new and exciting to experience and just being able to go would be the biggest factor to say yes as I would never know when or if I would get another chance.

Saria and gravure: It´s actually a nice coincidence that not to long ago here we actually talked about the lack of gravure from KJ these days. If Saria wants it she could be on the forefront of a new gravure wave together with Adumi-san from Cerisier who, if I understand it correctly, is very very interested in pursuing doing more gravure work.
    I wanted to buy that magazine in which they had a duo photo shoot but sadly it sold out on CDJapan in a day.

Maopi and English is a pleasant surprise. As I usually find it difficult to defend for me to respond to tweets of underage members knowing that she likes English is going to make me pay more attention to her tweets. Sadly she doesn't post a lot of tweets where to I can write a half decent reply (or sometime the translation just doesn´t make any sense).

Saw a tweet from Moa that she co-hosted some sort of music event. It is good she has more side jobs but once I saw a picture of her in the dress she used during the event all reason went out the window, it was just yabai good looking.

One other thing I saw was on the Alice Project youtube channel; a video of Mitsuki san singing while hoola hooping.
    I was actually impressed how good her voice was while hoola hooping.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    I really feel she should be more popular then she is.

One last thing I noticed:
    The alice project facebook page, for the last few days, is using a LOT of pictures of ex-members. Not that I mind them posting pictures of Momomin I didn´t saw before but it does make me wonder however how much control the girls have of over their content once they leave and even more: Why use pictures of ex-members while at the same time forcing those same members from using sns for a time after they leave so that their fans can switch to a new girl?

I probably forgot a ton of things but when I remember them I will have something to write about.

But F**k, I really need to get back to Japan asap.

• Like Like x 1
  2. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

Thanks Fruitpunch for another great read and the news on those who have taken ill among past & current members!:^^;: Misa has been posting some sexy pics lately!:blush:
    I want to get back to Japan BADLY too Oddball... especially since we are just weeks away from the 1 year anniversary of my most recent trip last year. :cute:
    I would DEFINITELY do a Kamen Joshi photo shoot op if it happened while I was there & I was able to attend!
    I liked that Saki hula hoop video!

*NEW* MAO MORISHITA Kamen Joshi ☆ Second generation red mask Documentary Blu-ray sale !! With an ACTUAL COVER!!! :twisted: Hopefully this comes to the Live.One site!
    https://ameblo.jp/alicekusanagi/image-12633472548-14839549104.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FruitPunchSamurai

FruitPunchSamurai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    I just read it on Twitter.

Even though it was something that was bound to be announced more sooner then later it feels bad. Another one of my favorites that I won't get to meet again.

I would like to write more but seeing @FruitPunchSamurai is the biggest Shiori fan I know I will let him go first to spill out his thoughts and feelings. Having lost my favorite just a short while ago I can Imagine how he's feeling right now.

5. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

Real sorry to hear that FruitPunch. I know how much you liked her. Please enjoy the time with Alice Project that she has remaining to it's fullest!

6. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    So I've finished translating her graduation blog. You can read the original one here titled To Everyone Supporting Me: https://ameblo.jp/yukino-shihori/entry-12633700778.html

I don't really have all my thoughts in order, but here's a report I guess.

Because of Yuuka taking a break for 10 days to heal her body, each member of Steam Girls got their own day as center. Yesterday at the 2nd performance it was Shihori's turn. In the past week, there was some "fishy" tweets and stuff from her. When it was announced that she was going to be center on the 25th, she made an announcement saying "I really want you to come, this is like the last time you'll ever see it in your life" which made me think "Oh, you aren't going to do a birth festival next year?" Since usually she's the center during it. A few days ago she posted on her mobile blog titled "Happiness" and talked about how she'll keep going until the end, and thanking everyone who supports her. Last week was also Armor Girls finale week, but when I saw the time table, Shihori center live was turned into Steam Girls finale (Last year, Misa's announcement was during Steam Girls finale week but they made it Armor Girls finale that day). All these signs pointed to graduation announcement, but I think I just pretended not to notice.

I got a decent seat, but since she was center it didn't really matter, which made me happy. She was also working very hard that day too, her dancing looked sharper than usual. I was so proud that she didn't look out of place at all as a center, and really thought "Wow, I really do love this girl." At the very end she said the dreaded words about having an announcement. I don't normally get Steam Girls unit chekis but I got one on a whim. I also noticed another Shihori oshi in front start crying during her cheki talk time, which caused other members to come towards her worriedly. I personally decided I wouldn't cry but with my last cheki I accidentally let some slip out. I'm really glad it wasn't like when Misa did her announcement, because when that happened I actually forgot how to speak Japanese properly and said some things that made absolutely no sense to her, haha, but I really had to focus on not losing my cool.

I got home kinda late, and tried to translate her blog post, but I couldn't really concentrate. After opening up Twitter, I saw that Mia was doing Live one, and just for a real change of pace I went to various members' live ones.

Mia: Mia is surprisingly talkative. When she noticed me come in, she asked how I was feeling since she knows who I am (even though I don't really have much to do with her aside from Shihori being in Steam Girls). I remember I told her that I felt moved when I told her I read her blog post about being inspired to become an idol from her classmate (she always thought she could never be an idol herself, but her classmate/friend gave her the courage to go through with it) and she was quite happy about it.

Riru: Riru's also a Shihori oshi, and so she could understand how I felt. She was surprised as well, but it hasn't hit her yet.

Yuuri: Yuuri is also surprisingly talkative. I think she doesn't try her hardest to read comments though, because a couple of mine got moved down by other commenters and she didn't make a note of it. She didn't know who I was at first, but when I said she always compliments my T-shirt, she realized who I was. Funny enough, she wanted the t-shirt I had too, but she didn't want to match me so she decided against it. Yuuri knew from a while ago that Shihori was going to leave, and it still hasn't hit her yet.

Satsuki: I think Satsuki had just come out of the bath, since it didn't look like she had makeup on. She still looked quite pretty without it. Satsuki also asked me how I felt, which was nice of her. I was surprised that she asked me various things like why I like Shihori, and what language my "inner voice" uses. I think she streamed with her mom beside her, and with her pet marmot (which was surprisingly massive) Fuu.

Otoha: This was my first time going into a non-main member's Live one, and Otoha remembered who I was when I took a cheki of her during the broadcast period of the Radio Play. She also asked me if I was feeling okay, haha. Otoha is also part of the actress course, but after the radio play, she wanted to do voice work as well.

Fue: Fue was streaming in the dorm with Rena in the background. She also asked me how I was feeling, most members seem to be very considerate. I think it's funny because when I first introduced myself to her last year I used my real name and she tends to know me just from that. I think Fue tends to come off as cold and indifferent, but I think that's just her way of talking. It's funny because other commenters were saying how she would be the type to announce her graduation the day before, or even something like "Oh yeah, yesterday I graduated" haha.

At about 2:45, Shihori started Live one, and it lasted for an hour and a half, with me staying the whole time. I told her that I truly wanted her to keep going until we could go back to lives like we did before, and she said she considered it, but she said that day may or may not come soon, if at all, so she decided to end her idol career here. There was also some other stuff we talked about (many other people also showed up despite it being early morning), but I can't really remember it too well. She did say that she wanted to appear at Comiket as a cosplayer next year (although if lives won't be going back to normal, comiket might not be going back to normal as well), and that at that time she'll have a new twitter and stuff. I asked then if I'd be able to meet her at comiket and she said it'd probably be possible, but who knows. She was getting tired at around 4:15, so she ended the stream and went to bed.

I was having trouble sleeping and figured that it's already this late so it didn't really matter if I didn't get much sleep so I called up a good friend back home (the timezones lined up perfectly) and chatted with him about it since he can sort of understand my feelings about my oshi leaving.

I still don't have my thoughts or feelings in order, but I also decided something a while back, which was that I will also end my otaku career with Shihori.

From the start I have always been Armor Girls first, but still liking all units and having an oshi in each group. I did not ever understand the feelings of people that supported only one girl, as I thought it was kind of a waste, since there's so many good members out there, and all the units are good. That all changed when I decided to become Shihori's fan. I was captivated by her so much that I didn't want to support anyone else aside from her, and I realized she hits all my targets if you were to describe my type, the ideal girl, or in other words, the perfect idol (for me). It's honestly to the point where I regret all the time I spent supporting Yurie since I came here expecting to support Shihori (I know this is very rude to Yurie, and for that I'm sorry, and when I told Shihori she started scolding me because it's rude, even though I said I realized its rude). Although, the one thing that keeps me going in relation to that is that if I didn't do all the actions I did last year, I might not have ended up where I am now as Shihori's fan. Hindsight is 20/20, they say. There's also a bunch of other practical reasons for me to stop being an otaku, but that's not really relevant imo. I don't think there's a girl who can come close to the feelings I've felt from supporting Shihori (nor do I want there to be an idol like that). I still like Kamen Joshi, and their future seems bright, but this time, unlike the time with Misa, I will truly make it the end. Because when Misa left and I considered retiring myself, there was a small voice in my head that said "You like Shihori, don't you?" 5 years ago I never understood the feelings of idol otaku, and 3 years ago in my early PARMS days, I saw someone bawling his eyes out from being so moved and thought "can you really be moved that much by this?", but now I truly understand their feelings.

There's just a little under 3 months left, but I plan to share some KJ stuff that hasn't been seen in English yet, so stay tuned.

This got way longer than I wanted it to be, but thanks for reading all the way through.

• Like Like x 2
  7. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

Thank you for the amazing translation & that heartfelt report FruitPunch! I very much felt both of your intentions & a sense of clarity.
    It was very moving.<3

I look forward to the other KJ discussions that you wish to share with us...:approve:

I only fear that I will be talking to myself on this board in 2021...:^^;:

8. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    I'm sure my time is limited here, and I still don't really have much of my thoughts in order (or really what I want to say about Shihori), but I'd just like to talk briefly about Mitsuki Sena's birth fest.

I was half debating on not going but since all birth fests are last for Shihori, I decided to go to all of them (or at least try). Mitsuki really impressed me with her acting in the radio play (I asked her about it and she said it's cause she went to an acting high school, I think she was being groomed for show business at a young age), so I had no problems going anyways (I went to the evening version). Once again I got a seat in the very front but opposite of where Shihori's position is so I was a little irritated but it can't really be helped. It started slightly earlier, with a duet with her and Mayu singing Tenbyou no Uta (click here to listen, click here for translated lyrics) . I think everyone was stunned (I know I was, my jaw was on the floor when they were singing) since it was such a powerful performance. I remember waking up to see Shihori tweeted that she was so moved she cried, and then I realized it was for this. Apparently the stream had to have the audio muted, so only people in the venue could hear it unfortunately.

The order was Slime>Cadets>Steam>Juban>Armor. She stood as center in every single appearance. As mentioned before, her performance doesn't really stand out (she knows it herself), but unlike when Shihori says it, I think she still needs work on her ability (in Shihori's case, I think she's just surrounded by really good people). However, I think Mitsuki's strong point is having really good artistic sense. I later looked up the lyrics for Tenbyou no Uta, and they perfectly capture an otaku's feelings and heart. She made the theme color of the whole thing red despite her own color being yellow, and she designed her own outfit (she previously assisted Moa with redesigning the Armor Girls' Moa birth fest T-shirts). She's also very particular about outfits, so she made Steam Girls wear the 2nd2nd outfit (long black dresses) for a specific feel. Apparently there weren't enough outfits so Shihori and Mia had to wear extras of the white outfit normally reserved for the center (I don't mind, it made me feel like Shihori was the center). I also was impressed with her choice of KJ songs, especially BURN! BURN! BEANS since they never do it. She could honestly do work on the design side of KJ and the artistic side too, but I'm not sure if that's what she wants to do.

The only thing I found was sad was that her birth fest was probably the least crowded I have ever seen before (maybe due to coronavirus, maybe due to her just not being popular), which is a shame because you can really feel the effort she put into making everything.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    SHIT

I was curious

Managed to update my profile at liveone

Purchasing points works

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MYSELF?

I feel like a traitor :(

10. SummitSlimegirls

SummitSlimegirls Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]
    Girl in the middle with the red mask is now 18 years old! Happy Birthday Mao!

• Like Like x 2
  11. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    Some live one reports from a couple weeks ago.

These were at night after the Shibuya radio featuring Shihori+Mao+Yuuri+Koharu+Saki.

Mao: Mao is quite easy to talk to. I had previously read somewhere that she (generally) doesn't really talk much, but she does her best to read comments. I feel like I asked her if she was good at English but I can't remember her answer. I only stayed for about 15 minutes since I just wanted to get a feel for what it's like, but it is nice chatting with her. It was nice that she remembered me from the group radio chekis I took (although I think that's just normal to remember).

Moa: This marks my 3rd time going into Moa's live one. I mostly just talked to her briefly about her wind orchestra concert performance that she did on the weekend (causing her to miss most of the weekend events) since I also played brass instruments for a few years. Moa played flute, but she does like the sound of tuba and trombone (maybe because she plays bass guitar?). Oddball82 mentioned that Moa was in a really good looking black dress which was for that event (she did a simialr event later in a red dress too). I also mentioned I would go take a cheki with her (my "last Moa" cheki) on that Thursday. Fast forward to cheki time on thursday, she was really happy that I came for a cheki (I think that's always, and for everyone though) but looked pretty sad when I told her that I will be quitting with Shihori.

Koharu: After going into Moa's live one I noticed Koharu had just started streaming, so I joined in on a whim. I was the only person there, and that lasted for a little under an hour until someone else came in. I also had read about Koharu being not very talkative (and it's true, she's not talkative at all during MCs or even during the Shibuya radio that day), but she immediately struck up conversation about how we had just seen each other hours earlier, and how she had just learned that day I was a Misa oshi (during the group chekis, Nagata-san, the producer, asked if I was Japanese or not, and I told him I wasn't, Shihori then chimed in that I had come here to chase after Miishan. I feel like I'm cursed to always have my oshi say things like that since Misa said something like "I didn't know if you were Hino's fan, Yurie's fan, or my fan". Such is the life of former DD I guess.). Koharu herself was a Misa oshi, in fact I remember reading her blog on the day Misa graduated, she said that she first came to PARMS to see Misa as a normal person and took a cheki with her, and how Misa treated her really nicely despite it being her first interaction with her, and eventually joined Alice Project and became an idol with Misa. Now this is where it gets a little weird for me (not in a bad way), but Koharu is super talkative on live one which is completely different from the air she gives off since she has a "barely talks" image. I was so surprised that I brought it up to her, and this is where I think the dots finally connect to something Oddball mentioned a long time ago. She said that she's talkative on live one because there's lots of times where it's just her and another person, and if they don't talk it's a little awkward, and that the stream is not free, so to give the people who come a good experience, she learned how to talk and hold conversations. She mentioned how some people just come in and say a couple lines or two and be quiet, and she doesn't really want it to be like that, so she does her best to ask questions. I didn't really expect it, but I guess there are just people who come into live one and watch/don't talk. Anyways, I talked to her for a whole 54 minutes, the longest out of all non-oshi members. We talked about things like whether idols like single oshi fans or DD fans (the consesus is that even though they don't mind either of them and welcome them all, they do in the end, prefer people who only support them). When I admitted to her that I stared at her stomach, she didn't really mind since fans do that all the time. She also questioned me about living in Japan as a foreigner and how that was. Before I knew it, I had spent a long time in her live one mostly because she kept the conversation going really well. One of her fans finally joined it (she wondered where they were since she did tweet out that she was streaming), so I left shortly afterwards.

Harumi: She was streaming in her bunk bed at the dorm (I think Harumi is part of the dorm group despite her home being in the prefecture next door, I guess it's just easier for her to live at the dorm). Harumi's live one is extremely lively, and popular. There must've been at least 5 people at once talking to her, and I never expected it from her, but she is extremely talkative, and literally speaks at like 50 words per minute. There were so many people commenting and she managed to keep up with all of them, and I swear if I wasn't paying attention I might've forgotten what she said. She and I are fans of an anime series, so I talked about that with her for a bit. I also mentioned to her how she had gotten much cuter from since I first saw her in Slime Girls back in early 2018, and she remembered the time I mentioned and was very happy. At some point last year after she joined Steam Girls Harumi had quickly become very cute, and I personally think she's the 2nd cutest Steam Girl now (after Shihori, of course). On a side note, Saria is her bunkmate on the top bunk, and with Saria's voice being super loud, you could hear her live one session as well. When the timing is right, I'll take my "last Harumi" cheki.

Saria: Saria was still streaming so I took a peek at what it's like. Saria is similar to Harumi in that she also talks super fast. I didn't stay long, but I thought it was funny that she knew who I am, and listed my oshi history of Hino→Yurie→Shihori, and one of the otaku I know mentioned that it was funny that Misa was missing in that list. I mentioned that Oddball is interested in Saria (nothing really specific, just briefly mentioned that an overseas Momomin oshi has an interest in her), and she was pretty excited to hear it. I could also hear Harumi doing her live one as well, so I guess you can partake in both of their live ones if they happen to do it at the same time.

I joined Mayu's live one a couple days after these, but I don't even want to make a report because it was probably one of the worst sessions I ever went to, probably because it was late at night and she was already getting ready to go to sleep. She was watching TV or youtube while doing Live one, and didn't bother to make conversation. Even if you tried to have a conversation she'd give off one or two answers and then go back to what she was doing (she started playing Nintendo Switch at some point too...), so I gave up and just told her my points were going to expire.

During all of these reports I also spent a lot of time with Shihori, but I can't really remember what we talked about also whether or not it's worth making a report about it either. Also, I don't know if I'm overthinking it but it feels like she's getting colder to me, who knows.

I'll make a report on Mitsuki, Waka, Fue (again!), and Ao at a later time since their live ones were quite interesting. After these though, I think I'll only ever go to Shihori's live one since I don't have the funds for live one, and now I would much rather just focus on Shihori since I don't need to take my mind off it anymore.

Some other news:
    Starting on the 16th, all performances will be held on the 7F PARMS. I'm not really sure that's a good idea with the third wave of corona coming up here and across the world, but I'm thankful for it, at least. Also, I'm a little mad I wasn't able to get a ticket for the 16th since the ticket sales started about an hour before my work finished, and when I checked that hour, it had already been sold out. On the 16th Easter Girls comes too, so it was probably a combination of all that plus the first time back at PARMS. If it was going to be a special event like that, they should've done ticket raffle instead of first come first serve.

Have you guys been watching the birth fest live streams? Mia just had hers, and it was pretty great, although I think the times are absolutely horrid for people not living in Japan. Next weekend it's entirely birth fests with Koharu and Seri, and I think Mayu's is also coming up.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    Guess I know where to go with my points:hehe:

All in all a great report FruitPunch

I am gratefull that you have talked to so many different members and impressed that you could remember it all well enough to give us such a great read.

I did watch today's stream, it was great fun to watch (even though I still don't get why the first song is muted). Personal highlight for me was "Fanfare" with Mia and Moa on guitar and bass and offcourse "les champs elysee" during the Armor Girls segment.

I find it nice that you spend so much time with Koharu even though it was on a whim, I am sure she appreciated it. Also don't worry about staring at her stomach, I did the same during today's birthday stream, she can be proud of that bodypart.
    The part of the girls liking everyone but liking dedicated fans more was interesting and I can understand why they think that way, someone who is dedicated to you is just something to be a bit more grateful for.

You mentioned that Harumi's streams are very popular, but I wonder, how busy are Moa's streams (seeing she is probably still the most popular member overall)? If possible I might free up some funds to pop up in her stream to let her know that I miss going to parms.

As mentioned above, I will go to Saria her stream, if I am not mistaken you mentioned that she did take English classes so I am not just interested in her but I am also curious to how good her English is right now (although knowing of how bad the quality of English classes in Japan are I don't get my hopes up to high). You mentioning me might be a nice conversation starter.

I get why you want to spend your funds whith Shihori. You mentioned you feel like she is a bit colder to you. This might be caused by dozens of things. Maybe she doesn't like it that you will stop with being a parms regular after she graduates, maybe it is her way to make it so that her graduation is less painfull or it could be that it is just that time of the month :fear:
    I wouldn't overthink it to much as you still have 2 months before she leaves.

About performances going to the 7th floor only:
    I am not totally in the know about how bad the corona situation in Japan is right now (as long as the so called R-number is below 1 I wouldn't worry to much) but I can see why they do it. I think it is because they don't have a choice really. Many entertainment venues have been hit hard and every (paying) visitor is important for them to survive (just look at the robot restaurant closing for an example how fast a succesfull venue can close down) and the 7th floor just allows more people in. And to be fair, also the AKB48 theater is increasing the nr of allowed visitors so that could also make it hard for management to justify to continue on the 8th floor.

The situation here is still pretty bad, starting monday the use of masks is going to be mandatory by law (11000 yen fine when not wearing one) in all closed spaces, groups larger then 2 people outside are also not allowed, restaurants and movie theaters are closed and even the lighting of fireworks on new years has been banned.
    Only good thing is that due to work requirements I now get tested every friday.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    Just a little, but giving something to look forward to, news:

Today the members were recording for a new MV for 'fanfare'. Judging by the pictures posted on Twitter it was an outdoor shoot.

14. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    I hope Saria remembers I mentioned it if you decide to go. I didn't spend that much time in her live one plus she was finishing for that night. I wonder how her english is, since she was a university student until spring last year, so she had to take English classes as part of the curriculum, but yes the classes generally aren't very good.

Moa's live one is certainly quite popular too, and she doesn't really do it at regular intervals since she's one of the busiest members, but I do recall that it never took long for her to read my comment. I think she secretly has some of the best English in the group since she has her teaching license (I am not sure if it expires or if she needs to update it though). I also remember her

The first song was muted since I think they didn't have the copyright for it (since they're making money off the birthday fest itself, and they don't want to get into legal trouble).

I take it you were gazing at Koharu's stomach during the Topping Girls portion, where they had the cropped vests with the short shorts. Unfortunately I was busy staring at Shihori's stomach, and how the outfit suit her even better than when she wore it regularly 3 years ago. Shihori was extremely embarassed to be wearing it considering it's quite revealing, which I thought was really cute. I just want to point out how impressive it was for Mia to switch from the Topping Girls IRDK outfit into the Topping Girls FTTB outfit mid-song, I saw it live in the morning and didn't realize she had swapped until near the end of the song, and when I watched the stream even though I knew she'd do it I still never caught her leave stage to change.

I think this new MV is the first outdoor one since Personia 3 years ago. Time really flies. Technically Senjin Cutter is also outside but it's shot mostly in a tunnel.

Other Live one reports:

Fue: I joined Fue's live one again at a later date to chat for a little bit. She was eating gummy candy, so we ended up talking about snacks. I was surprised that she also knows about and enjoys my favorite Australian snack cookies, Tim Tams, which they also import to Japan. I also mentioned that blurryeyes has an interest in her (as with Saria, nothing specific, just that an overseas fan has an interest in her), and she was really happy (she also said to mention that she likes Haribo gummies, haha).

Waka: On stage Waka keeps a very bright and energetic personality, but I've noticed that during photosessions and this live one that she's generally very calm, and it's relaxing to talk to her. She had recently bought new outfits and a couple hats, and she was skeptical of wearing one of the hats since she thought it'd make her look like a mom trying to avoid the sunlight (everyone there said that wouldn't be the case). She showed us a red and blue checkered dress which doesn't really match her image but she wore it nicely during the Armor Girls photo shoot a few days ago (I saw the pics on twitter), and she also mentioned she was going to Disneyland with one of her friends from her hometown that she hasn't seen in a while.

Ao: After Shihori left live one to take a bath, Ao started up live one, so I decided to take a look on a whim. Ao knows who I am, and I thought it was interesting since she said "you just made a reply to Shihori on twitter, didn't you?" I've always wondered how much members look at twitter replies, and it seems they really do look at them surprisingly thoroughly (On a side note, Harumi also mentioned to me that my translation of Shihori's graduation blog was impressive to her, and a Koharu oshi in live one mentioned to me that it was impressive as well). Ao and Shihori play Splatoon together, so she was just waiting for Shihori to finish up. I didn't stay too long but Ao's live one is pretty laid back as well.

Mitsuki: I joined when she was doing prep for her birth fest, but she kept conversation going smoothly. She's pretty talkative and proactive when you're there, and when I said I had something to ask her she said that she doesn't usually get asked things and that she mostly does the asking herself. This makes me wonder if people not talking on live one is more common than I thought. It is here where I learned that she went to an acting focused high school, and that her father had a hand in grooming her for show business. I joined one last time for a bit after her birth fest since she mentioned that she was regretting not meeting Kamen Joshi earlier (also, she is the official member with the least amount of time in Alice Project), which I thought was similar to me regretting not supporting Shihori from the start even though I've always liked her ever since I first knew about her.

I still kick myself over it, but if I hadn't done everything I did the way I did it last year, would I be where I am right now as a Shihori oshi? Who knows, so I'm trying not to let it get to me anymore like that.

I also asked Shihori during live one who she thought I would support once she left, if I were to. She thought I'd support Yurie again or maybe Moa, which is funny to me since any feelings I had towards Yurie cooled down around October-November last year, and I feel bad because at that time it felt more like I was doing a duty rather than wanting to support Yurie from my heart, and I think that's rude to do so I won't go back to her. As for Moa, I like her quite a bit, she's really fun to talk to, and I honestly thought I could see myself being a Moa oshi even before I came here, but strangely enough that spark was never there for me. I have quite a lot of respect for her as a fellow musician, but I think I've figured out what I truly wanted in an oshimen, which is in Shihori.

I think we'll know how bad it is here in maybe a week or two. Hokkaido has raised their alert level and is telling people to stay inside. Tokyo is predicted to get worse too. I'm really concerned that Zepp Haneda live will be cancelled, and if that's the case, Shihori's birthday live and graduation ceremony would get cancelled as well, and judging from how she's worded it, she'll leave Alice Project whether there's a ceremony or not (which is what happened with Reika).

15. SummitSlimegirls

[​IMG]

Omg our legend will graduate! Late January!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    Nanaka leaving means that there's no longer any original members of Kamen Joshi. Juban drops down to 5 people. Steam Girls drops to 7 people at that time. Maybe Fue moves up to Juban, and Hina moves up to Steam Girls later next year?

17. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    New unit, kiraboshi, featuring Mao, Yuuri, and Seri debuted today. Their songs are more ballad focused and they have classy outfits like full sets of blazers and skirts.

[​IMG]

I like Yuuri's long skirt the most but Mao has nice boots.

It's a collaboration with Aeon Cinema, so there's a making of documentary coming out next february. I think the most interesting thing in the trailer was that they were competing for center, and Yuuri mentioned how she'd always been a backup, like backup center, and back up rapper, so I'd like to know how she feels about it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    12/12 has been sold out, so if you didn't get a ticket you're out of luck to see it live. But they're selling tickets for the live stream for 1200 yen. I'm not sure if foreign IP addresses will be blocked, but you guys might have a chance to watch it too.

https://ameblo.jp/alicekusanagi/entry-12640195927.html

• Like Like x 1
  19. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

Thanks FruitPunch for mentioning to Fue that she had a foreign fan, I very much appreciate that. :v: You are kind to your foreign fans here.
    I really enjoyed reading everything/stories you shared, truly.

I am going to miss Nanaka greatly, I still think she is not only the best KJ rapper but one of the best in idol. She is my last survivor from my coveted Juban 2016 version... and I was glad I could get her to do that trademark laugh of hers when talking together back in 2018 lol.
    She demanded your attention - I would always have a tough time taking my eyes off of her even when I tried to watch others lol.
    With that said, it comes as no surprise, as she seemed to be really phasing out this year in a variety of ways... I wonder if she will still fight?
    I miss her already. :cold:

20. SummitSlimegirls

Kamen Joshi 07/11/20 @ Shinkiba Studio Coast Girl's Bomb

1. Riot Daisy (recent song)
    2. Popping Summer (recent song)
    3. Dai Gyaku Ten
    4. Senjin Cutter
    5. Fanfare (recent song)

Kamen Joshi West Easter Girls 29/11/20 @ Tonbori River Walk

1. Fanfare
    As stated last page Fanfare have a music video coming up

Kamen Joshi Trainees 22/11/20 @ Somewhere cute i don't know
    This was a multi group live stream KJ Trainess appear last (1:40:00)

1. Kirameki
    2. Light The Dynamite (recent song)
    3. Koshi Tan Tan (new song) (1:53:15)
    4. Daibouken
    Half of Koshi Tan Tan instrument intro is cutoff by some sort of stream lag i guess.
    It's a very fucking amazing intro! This song is a blast.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2