[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    'Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby' failed to reach one million in its first week of sales (905,490 according to the Wiki). I recall that an extra HS date was added which accounted for the additional 70K sales in the third week to take it over the million mark and keep the streak going. I suppose with the 58th single they could if necessary similarly add extra HS events until the million sales figure was reached even if that took some weeks?

2. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

^Point, but I fear that right now there's no way they could ever realistically do enough events within the year for any single(s) of AKB they release to cross the million mark overall. Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby was a crisis averted with just one extra handshake event, and the main reason attributed to it not managing a million in the first week was that they had launched a best album just weeks prior which most agreed to being a major contributing factor to the single not crossing the million in the first week. It also still looked great in the long run in that it's the single that originally featured 365 Nichi no Kamihikouki and sold enough to rank in at #4 (2015) and #34 (2016) on Oricon Yearly.

^x3 - Even if the album sales aren't good (say 400k overall if they're lucky) that'd still be better than giving up their streak of their singles selling a million overall (I say this because as already pointed out by @David61 Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby already created a break in their streak of million in a week) which I can see happening because realistically they won't be able to do enough events for any AKB single(s) they launch to cross the million overall within 2021 if there's really a 40% or so drop to come since their last single.

Regarding the events they can do to boost sales of the albums... well they're going to have to find new and innovative gimmicks regardless given the pandemic has clearly shown itself to be here to stay. Even if we had a grand vaccine available to everyone free of charge tomorrow they still couldn't go back to doing events as they used to. How albums sell in comparison to before with their new gimmicks can help them gauge how well singles might sell. Albums can be their experimental territory (once again they've never been particularly strong album sellers so the risk that exists with singles isn't there, but album sales could provide them with invaluable data for preserving their million overall single for single streak).

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

So?

F**k those people. A bunch of people who don't buy your stuff anyway, they're going to whine no matter what you do, so f**k them.

You think Akimoto still has any influence? He's the lyricist now and that's it. Maybe if Akimoto and a sober Togasaki were still in charge they might do something innovative but with this management, forget it.

Why not?

This "Great Reset" and "New Normal" s**t needs to be fought, I want my old life back and so do most people. (and sorry if I sound aggressive but it's been a long day/month/year :lol:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

^What even is normal anymore? On a serious note, is it going to take one of the girls dying from covid for fans to understand that mass scale events just aren't a good idea moving into the next few years? When we finally get vaccines for covid going whether they're allowed to remain an optional thing or laws are passed that mandate getting them the girls will become a big part of the guinea pig group for said vaccines in Japan which is something I wouldn't ever want to see.

I can easily see it become a worldwide thing for governments to pass laws mandating getting covid vaccines just to speed up the process of identifying and creating the best possible one and fields that'll be no doubt hit as part of those laws would include but not be limited to School Staff/Children and Entertainers.

Right now I'm not comfortable with the idea of having to get a covid vaccine nevermind wanting anyone else to have to. I'm at a point where I'd want to see my favorite entertainers go on a temporary hiatus before having to take huge risks of contracting covid by participating in or holding events that require mass gatherings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    - Losing the million streak
    046.jpg

- Losing fans
    - Out of the Kouhaku
    - Becoming more and more irrelevant for the media
    - Ignoring most of its roster
    047.jpg

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You know what would guarantee a million selling single?

11th SSK!

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i miss ssk

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. cool_.bruh

cool_.bruh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I miss the ssk too I hope they can do a virtual one in the near future if the pandemic doesn't die's down

9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    There's one major, obvious reason for why AKB has a ton of members, and I'm not sure it's actually under their control.

Yes? Are you new? They don't decide the exact senbatsu but absolutely have input.

You mean this?

Kubo Satone, Nishikawa Rei, Chiba Erii, Oguri Yui, Yamauchi Mizuki, Kuranoo Narumi, Sakaguchi Nagisa, Shitao Miu, Nagatomo Ayami, Omori Maho, Umeyama Cocona, Sadano Haruka, Yamamoto Ayaka, Yamamoto Mikana, Hara Karen, Minami Haasa, Yasuda Momone, Yokono Sumire, Kojima Karin, Shinzawa Nao, Ogoe Haruka, Furutate Aoi, Fujisaki Miyu, Homma Hinata, Rissen Momoka, Kai Kokoa, Iwata Hina, Ishida Chiho, Yabushita Fu, Imamura Mitsuki, Takao Sayaka and Takino Yumiko

How is that supposed to be worse than what they'd be able to field right now? Besides the obvious problems inherent in comparing a weekly music show to something that only takes place once a year, two of the star members of that "young member senbatsu" are in quarantine (as is Erii), and this is not a good time for travelling between prefectures so we can count out the sister group members as well (not to mention some of those are quarantined too).

Oh please Aka. We both know there's more going on right now than Showroom.

Correction: the ones currently in quarantine do that.

*glances at the 80% Sony cast list*

Not really.

• Like Like x 2
  10. qpet

qpet Future Girls

aaannd it's gone.
    Nyon TeamA 2020.11.23-2020.11.23. :cry:

11. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    and you didn't yet know she's hardly Team 8 anymore as well:lol:

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Some important news!

1) AKB48 announces kenkyuusei promotion. New AKB48 official members.

Promoted to Team A
    Furukawa Nazuna
    Honda Sora

Promoted to Team K
    Nagano Megumi

Promoted to Team 4
    Ishiwata Sena
    Kuramoto Miyuu
    Homma Mai
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka

2) AKB48 announces Tandoku Concert at Tokyo Dome City Hall on January 2021.

Schedule for 2021 Tandoku Concert

January 22nd - Team A (Songs of 2005-2007)
    January 23rd - Team K (Songs of 2008-2009)
    January 23rd - Team B (Songs of 2010-2011)
    January 23rd - Team 4 (Songs of 2012-2013)
    January 24th - Team 8 (Songs of 2014-2015)
    January 24th - First Generation (Songs of 2016-2017)
    January 24th - Second Generation (Songs of 2018-2020)

First Generation (16 performing members)

Fukuoka Seina
    Iriyama Anna
    Iwatate Saho
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Kato Rena
    Komiyama Haruka
    Minegishi Minami
    Miyazaki Miho
    Mogi Shinobu
    Mukaichi Mion
    Murayama Yuiri
    Okada Nana
    Oya Shizuka
    Sasaki Yukari
    Taniguchi Megu
    Yokoyama Yui (Yuihan)

Second Generation (16 performing members)

Asai Nanami
    Chiba Erii
    Inagaki Kaori
    Kubo Satone
    Muto Orin
    Nagatomo Ayami
    Nishikawa Rei
    Oguri Yui
    Omori Maho
    Sakaguchi Nagisa
    Shimoguchi Hinana
    Shitao Miu
    Suzuki Kurumi
    Taguchi Manaka
    Yamane Suzuha
    Yamauchi Mizuki

Source: https://twitter.com/48gTalk

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I wonder what the requirements where to be included in either first or second generation lineups... this is interesting

14. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    1st generation: AKB 1st - 15th gen girls
    2nd generation: 3rd gen draftees, Eito, 16th gen girls

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

So after this announcement, there are no more kenkyuusei in the group. Congrats to all the girls!

I like the idea of having concerts with themes of songs from years, this will make interesting setlists <3

and Happy 15th anniversary to AKB48!!!

:ome::ome::ome:

if you go to AKB's official site today, they show pictures from AKB's history: https://www.akb48.co.jp/

• Like Like x 6
  16. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    They have 2nd gen draftee's there too... but they've been around so long I didn't even realize they could still be considered 'new' or 'next gen' lol

17. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    You can see the full lineups on the event's thread.

18. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Special commemorative performance of the 15th anniversary of the AKB48 Theater

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This is a bit sad, I just went to the AKB kenkyuusei section after seeing the announcement, these girls have been kenkyuusei for 2 years yet their threads have mostly like 4 to 10 replies. That's sad ._. then again I think they only did theater performances and maybe not many people watch them (I don't have time anymore for it too) I think I saw these girls maybe 1 or 2 times when I watched a theater stage long ago. I kinda miss the times when I knew all the members but it was also because they gave them much better promotions back then.

Speaking of this, I saw here that Miichan said "Takahashi Minami & Kojima Haruna know all AKB48 current members." and I wonder how true this is LOL if it's true then wow, even I don't know all AKB members (I don't know all 16th gen or 3rd draft, and I don't know every Team 8 member) maybe I'll take time to learn the names/faces of other members in 2021 haha...

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It's a shame Suenaga Yuzuki announced graduation. She was this close to getting promoted

• Agree Agree x 5