1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    That's true but the rest of the senteces there are verbs conjugated in the ~tai form. And that's the context that gives the meaning of "If" and not "after/when".

Actually someone had already made a translation and it says "If I could go back to Japan..."

2. heartereki

heartereki Kenkyuusei

You mean... two years ago? Before everything they've done and experienced? Before the frienships and lifelong memories they've created?

Are you the same person you were two years ago? Are your wants and desires the same with no change? Critical thinking is truly dead.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    You mean keeping them away from their family and years long friends during a pandemic where they haven’t been able to travel home for a year? Not being allowed to participate in anything with their home groups in fear of their kpop fans freaking out about an exclusive contract again? Including a beloved friend and members graduation concert? Forever having their names associated (if not tainted) by one of the worst scandals in kpop? So much so that the fraud led to jail time and calls into question whether they actually earned their spots in the group or not? Those experiences?

Let’s also not forget they have basically no individuality in this group. They are told what they can do, say, dress-like, eat etc When they perform their very facial expressions are choreographed. That is if they are allowed to have expressions or actually get camera time and lines. The last thing we saw done individually during a performance was Nako’s dance break and you know what she did? The Uza dance. Yep that’s right. She did a 48G dance during a performance of izone - she could have picked anything and she chose that.
    Not to mention hurting their original fans by breaking their promises to them. Those people who got them to the place where they were allowed to join the group. Not that they will ever go that far individually in Korea - they won’t be allowed to. Why? Because they are foreigners. The only individual work any of them have gotten during these 2 + years is Sakura’s recent digital magazine and that was in China. They aren’t even allowed to use their already established social media. Not even to promote izone.

So to answer your question could they change in 2 years? Yes. Have they given any indication what-so-ever that they have? No. So take them at what we do know they have said until they say different. I have every confidence that if these girls choose to graduate for izone there will be hurt feelings from their 48G fans, many of them may leave their support but they will not attack or be as toxic as some of the kpop community was when Sakura simply said she couldn’t imagine being married and an idol at the same time.

——-
    Edit -

I edited this to change my comment about why they can’t be successful in Korea - it was generalizing and for that apologize out of my own free will. This is a heated topic for me because it triggered the feelings I have about insinuating their time in Korea is better then anything they could experience in Japan. That is simply wrong.

If they choose to stay in izone/Korea then that is their decision and while I think it’s a bit of a bait and switch, we all would respect it. I think a lot more than them saying they want to come back still at this point. I get why this group is precious to wizone - they are every bit as precious to us- but their whole concept was temporary. It’s what everyone, fans - members - management on all sides, signed up for when it was formed. It’s not fair to anyone to pick and choose when the rules apply. That’s both for wizone and 48G. Let’s just try not to get mad when people point out facts that may contradict what you may want to happen. We can debate without talking down to each other.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. mikia

mikia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    "beloved friend and members" :omfg:

The Jline is closer to izone members than any business relationship they've had in 48G.
    Some deluded 15/yo anime loving weebs in here as expected.. I'd love to see all of you back here spouting braindead BS when it is confirmed izone extend. XD

As Sakura said, right now she is relishing her time as an artist and a 'real idol'. Not sure she wants to go back to some looked-down-upon arm waving cheerleader in Japan.. She basically did say on her radio her teenage years were horrible and now she is happy + her family and relatives were proud she was in izone..

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  5. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Now this is one of those moments when you insult because you can't find any other arguments? ^^°

As I understood it, not even the 100%-pro-return people are against an extension of the contract, right? The issue of making the group permanent is the problem.
    It's just that two successful produce groups before them were not permanent either, despite the demand and success (or was it just WannaOne? tbh, I don't know much about IOI). The thing is that we don't know their contracts and hence I really can't see how likely it is that any agency would agree to a permanent group in the first place. If izone friendship or HKT friendship is stronger, is most probably the lowest priority item. So why argue above their heads about their feelings towards other people?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Apparently, not everyone thinks like you. They made their promise (though only verbally) to the members and the fans, and some people actually stay true to their words, and I would believe those include these Japanese members.

Yeah, someone here thinks Sakura and Nako are closer to iZONE members than to Sasshi (this is just one example by the way).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

Abruptly cutting everyone's serious discussion with these video posts : )

Eat-ting Trip 2 - Special 2: Find the Suspect

if the video does not show watch the video here

IZ*ONE - Online Concert: One, The Story | Spot Teaser

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Pretty sure they've said that more recently as well. In her private mail, Hitomi constantly talks about how much she misses her family; she facetimes them on (what seems to be) a daily basis and always asks her mum to send her parcels with Japanese food.

I believe it was Nako who said she doesn't want people to see the way she was in HKT48, but I don't think that's because she's embarrassed of the 48G way of doing things but because she's obviously improved massively in singing and dancing. I don't like looking back on things that I did poorly in the best and that I've improved on.

I'm torn, I'm a fan of both IZ*ONE and 48G so I'd probably honestly be okay with whatever outcome as long as it stops the fighting the possible permanency has caused. If IZ*ONE persists, then I don't want it to be exclusive any longer. I want Sakura to help rebuild AKB48 (yes, AKB specifically) and for her to participate in sousenkyo again (of course that also depends on SSK brought back).

I know the IZ*ONE girls love each other and I don't want them to have to part ways if that's what they prefer, but I also think we shouldn't underestimate how much they miss their lives back home.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    I don't want to go deep into this discussion of what they want for their future, but I have to say that this is one of the things that amuses me the most when it comes to K-Pop: they truly believe that there's nothing before K-Pop. No family, no friends, no memories, nothing. They lived in a gray world, with no hope, not living but surviving, until the day they saw the light. Sakura doesn't have more than seven years of memories and friendships in HKT/AKB, neither does Nako of her five years in the group and, from what I usually see, Hii wasn't even a human being during her four years and something in AKB. And they haven't been in touch with everyone in Japan while they're staying abroad! Oh no! Only these two and a half years in Korea matter.

Do I believe that want to stay there? Well, maybe they do. But not because of what they've done and experienced or how amazing the other nine Korean members are. No, what they would miss the most is the fame.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I do think that IZ*ONE members are in majority close to each other, but this is Kpop. Promoting friendships and bonds is one of the most important part of a group. We've seen more than once that those same groups who act like they're sisters/brothers end up not even keeping in touch once the group ends, some even seem to dislike each other. in 48G there is not such a thing as promoting friendships and bonds, members are close to whoever they are close to. 1st gens still meet often and regularly and same in other gens but they never tried to force it or behave like they're sisters who can't be separated. No one actually feels like this. in 48G, girls like Sakura could be honest about what she thinks, about who she's friends with etc. in Kpop she can't even say a basic opinion without being attacked by thousand people (like what happened some weeks ago when she talked about her opinion on married idols) she literally has to be a robot and same for others. Making conclusions on their current feelings when they aren't even allowed to say their whole true feelings is pointless. Obviously none of them will openly say that they miss Japan and want to return to Japan, because this would bring tons of hate from fans. They got hate for wanting to be in a concert to say their last goodbye to their close friend and respected senior (Sasshi) so... they have no rights to actually "say" something that goes against what fans want, that's how it is in Kpop. They will say what their agency wants them to say and what their fans want them to hear until the end.

and I don't know but when Sakura did that IG Live with Murashige back around November, I've rarely see her laugh this much. and we're speaking of live streaming, not variety shows, I didn't see her laugh this much during her live streamings with IZ*ONE. Yes they are close with IZ*ONE members and probably enjoyed their time in the group, especially considering the popularity, but people have to stop acting like they were living hell before IZ*ONE, and that they would NEVER want to return back to Japan, their home, their family etc.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. heartereki

heartereki Kenkyuusei

Fact: Sakura has been whining about IZ*ONE ending since like two months after debut.

Fact: Sakura wrote Yummy Summer about not wanting her last summer with IZ*ONE to end.

I swear some of y'all need to be hit in the head to understand basic nuance.

BTW: Sakura has chosen to become a lyricist all on her own. She said on a Saku No Ki that that's what she spends her free time doing - free time she could be using to sleep or game, or spend hours talking to family and friends back home. No, she wants to write songs for her group, IZ*ONE.

You sound very sad tbh.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    REMINDER
    FROM THE RULES

• Don't make things personal - Don’t take it personally if people disagree with you; again, this forum is for discourse and people may feel differently on certain topics. That said, if you disagree with someone, you should provide a well-reasoned post with facts or logic, as opposed to merely belittling the other user. Moreover, do not tee up your response by insulting/disparaging the person you are addressing. Responses that begin with thinly-veiled insults, facepalms, "LMAO" (and the like) may be subject to deletion or mod editing.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Indeed but I just report and move on.

I’m not sure their friendships would be the smallest priority but they would definitely not be major factor. Otherwise an idol would never graduate. I don’t think anyone is 100% against contract extension. Would I rather see them come back in April? Yes. But if they extended it another 6 months then I think it would a nice token to wizone to attempt an in person goodbye. TBH until after the Olympics i don't see AKB doing a whole lot.

Yeah I was referring to Sasshi. I don't have the link right now but there is a video of behind the scenes of the 5th anniversary and they were crushed to be leaving everyone and of Sasshi's announcement. Wasn't Nako's whole reason for auditioning because of Sasshi?

Sakura said she wouldn't participate in SSK again. While she could change her mind she seemed fairly determined the time she said it. I agree that it shouldn't be exclusive - even if its a short extension.

If they graduate its for the fame and its a valid reason to do so. I just think people are over estimating the amount of individual fame they have as a member of Izone and underestimating the amount they get in 48G. And yes they do like to think down on anything that isn't kpop. They just don't understand or choose to be blind to see that maybe there is something bigger than it.

You hit the nail on the head with this one. The choice they have to make is fame because of the way someone chooses to make them look/act/etc or a life with people they can be 100% genuine with.

Yes - but in the lyrics it does say "Until the last time Let’s just have fun..." & "Like the sea foam Even if I disappear someday Coming here leaves no regrets Promise..." So if your going to use the song as some kind of proof then it even says that there will be a last time and that she will disappear someday.

And yes Saku No Ki - her 48G radio show that would go away if she graduated from HKT48. Her main outlet for communicating with her japanese fans on a large scale and where she isnt as restricted as she is during other interviews, programs, etc because its not controlled/given to her by the Korean management. So yes of course she has to be composing just for izone right? not perhaps herself for a solo album or even for fun? because her interests couldnt have just simply changed and she enjoys it right? Obviously she doesnt care about returning home because she doesn't spend every spare second of every day in contact with her friends/family members.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say whining? Yeah, she's mentioned disbandment since the start, but to me it sounded more like she was trying to get a reaction out of fans. Like @Mana basically said, I also don't expect them to write a song about looking forward to because that's not what fans would want to hear.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what we or even IZ*ONE members want. It all comes down to the individual agencies' decisions.

I think we can all agree that none of them will have a group as successful as IZ*ONE, but how much the agencies earn from IZ*ONE's activities is pure speculation. I'm gonna use one of the agencies as an example, but this goes for them all: I wouldn't be surprised if, for example, Woollim earns less money from Eunbi & Chaewon in a group that is managed/run by someone else than they make from putting them in Rocket Punch (or a new group/a duo).

Also, they've been so successful that the agencies might hope that at least a certain amount of fans (let's say 30%) would cross over into new fandoms, which would still be quite massive.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I think when we talk about extension, the question is how long the contract is being extended? If the extension is making the group permanent (which mean 7 years contract), I don't think that is contract extension but that is contract transfer and it will be more complicated. The main question is there any indication that there are serious discussion had happened? AFAIK there are news of wanting to have the contract extension, but there are no news of about any serious discussion had happened and the estimation based on their activities is speculation at best which it can go both way of extend/not extend based on what side are you choose from.

Other factor that must be taken into consideration is only during the time that CJ E& M asking for contract extension is the period that other companies are above CJ E&M. Once there is contract had being signed, other companies are playing by the CJ E&M rule. We can see from past experience how other companies exert their power which before this previously being bind by CJ E&M when there are no contract to bind them all. X1 is major example.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/202...given-a-say-in-the-teams-disbandment-decision

Other example is when YG asking for contract extension for MIXNINE winning group which before this YG is the one that control the game.

Therefore, with regard with Iz*One contract extension, during the time when they are above CJ E&M, do you think that these companies will surrender without a fight? Do you think that Vernalossom/AKS which some had speculated that their relationship with CJ E&M is not that good (which is common with any companies that cooperate with CJ E&M) will surrender without a fight?

https://www.allkpop.com/article/202...ations-in-the-co-production-management-of-too

We must take into account that the trainees are the company investment. They will not easily give up their trainees to other company to gain the profit from what they had invested. The more CJ E&M looks needy for contract extension, the more profitable the Iz*One members look to their company and more reason for them to take their artists out when the contract expired to gain profit of their own. We may argue that Iz*One members might not be profitable as individual than as Iz*One but it doesn’t mean that the companies will let CJ E&M milk as much as money easily especially when Iz*One is the competition of the girl group that they will/had produce. There must be serious discussion happened.

In conclusion, the possibility of contract extension is there but to extend the contract is not as easy as ABC.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jun-san

Jun-san Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Satsuki Aika
    oh god i hope they dont extend the contract i miss hiichan team 8

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I swear some people are reverting back to those good ol' days of Produce48... just hope the girls are happy and looking forward to wherever their journey takes them and be supportive of that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

IZ*ONE - Eat-ting Trip 2 - Special 3

• Like Like x 1
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Message video for 'STORAGE M' (M Countdown's new idol collab segment) with members from IZ*ONE (Yena, Chaeyeon and Eunbi), (G)I-dle and Weki Meki:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

210225 M!Countdown - Into The New World - STORAGE M FanCam (Eunbi, Yena and Chaeyeon)

• Like Like x 3