1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Miyawaki Sakura (Sakura) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Momo48

Momo48 Kenkyuusei

My only concern for when Sakura comes back to HKT is that what will she even have to do? Of course the pandemic has put a damper on things, but even before the pandemic began HKT didn't have as much (outside) activities as they used to. She and Nako have been building up a lot of momentum the past two years and I'm afraid 48G/HKT management won't be able to capitalize on it. Not to mention, how much freedom will management give Sakura to do solo activities and develop her career outside of HKT if she takes up a Sasshi-type role? Does she still want to be an actress?

On the other hand, she may just want to be able to enjoy her remaining time as an idol at a more relaxed pace (without having a looming disbandment date in front of her eyes). Regardless, it'll be great for her well-being to be back in Japan and closer to friends and family. I'm very curious to how everything will play out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't think Sakura will replace Sasshi. I never considered Sasshi as HKT's center, even though she's the most recognisable member. Sasshi was much more happy with letting other people take the spotlight, she was more like a mentor and manager. Sakura is more of a center. I'm not saying Sakura is selfish, I think being happy with mentoring isn't for everyone and most idols will want to become centers.

I don't think anyone will ever really replace Sasshi's role in HKT. I can much more see Nako do that, she joined HKT because she was a Sasshi oshi and admired her incredibly. Maybe she'll want to do something similar, but she's obviously not as much as a senior to the other members as Sasshi was.

3. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Sasshi will go down as the best HKT members in history, no matter how good of a run Sakura is going to have going forward (Sakura will easily be number 2 though). She literally built HKT from scratch, made them famous and Sakura's popularity, well we can say Sasshi helped pushing her to it to begin with. That's why Sakura admired Sasshi very much as well. But she definitely won't replace Sasshi's role, and she admitted she is not a leader type herself. I believe she will see more solo activities when she returns to HKT.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Momo48

Momo48 Kenkyuusei

I completely agree that Sakura cannot replace Sasshi in terms of what she's done for HKT. What I meant was Sakura coming into more of a mentor/dai-senpai type role like Sasshi was. Though I agree that Sakura isn't as much of a leader type as Sasshi was, I can't see Sakura becoming HKT's centre/ace (again?) being the right decision for her and HKT's growth. Either way, I'll welcome whatever Sakura's role will be. :blush:

5. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I can see her become HKT's centre, she's arguably the most recognisable member across ALL48 right now. If HKT doesn't work with that, it's really their own loss

6. eriichan

eriichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chiba Erii
    nah, management should've made her permacenter way back in 2014/2015. it's too late now. i'm sure she will center some singles, but now is the time to push new blood if they want the group to survive once she graduates, which will happen sooner than later.

7. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    At the current state, the management better think of the present, the "now" instead worrying about the future. I think the best thing they can do to survive right now is to put Sakura as center, that will definitely sell.

8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't think it would be a good idea to put Sakura on the side when she's the most popular HKT member by far (and always was, other than Sasshi). Currently 48G are struggling and if anything, they need to make use of the popular members as much as possible and I wish that they used them more, in every group. in the past most pushed girls in HKT were close with Sasshi and promoted by Sasshi which helped a lot. I think the best thing for HKT once Sakura returns is to make Sakura as the center and push other girls next to her, if they always pair Sakura with Nappi, Nako with Miku, it will automatically make everyone who know Sakura/Nako learn about Nappi/Miku. I took these girls as example, but this is what they should do so more people can learn about other girls, it might not work as much as when Sasshi did it (she promoted some of the girls really well especially NakoMiku) but it will definitely help.

Most importantly, just like every 48 group (and especially AKB...), HKT needs to release more singles... if they have at least 3 singles by year then they can promote more girls. A single could be Sakura solo center, another Sakura+someone double center (I would say Nappi because I really like her and they've been pushing her so they should continue), another can be NakoMiku center with Sakura hidden center or Sakura center with NakoMiku next to her or a triple center. Just giving some ideas but I believe all these possibilities would satisfy fans of popular members and help promoting other girls as well. Let's just hope that 48G overall can release singles more often from now on >.<

The first HKT release after Sakura's return should definitely be a Sakura solo center, honestly I don't see another better way to welcome her back to the group and to take advantage of Sakura's popularity to bring some life and new interest to HKT. I think this is the only and best decision that they can make... and I really hope they'll do this and promote HKT a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 39loey_chan

39loey_chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    宮脇咲良 / 渡辺麻友
    Twitter:
    39loey_chan
    I think it would be fine if they choose the other girl to be center instead of Sakura, but I at least hope for Sakura to be the center for the first single after she comes back (and for the other singles, she could be the side-wing just like how she was back then). This is HKT that we are talking about anyways, being the most popular doesn't mean you will automatically get chosen to be the center and it's actually a good thing for the group. Taking advantage of a single member's popularity too much would lead the group to nothing but downfall. I agree with Mana that what HKT needs to do the most is releasing more singles => more promotions for the girls.

And... Sasshi would always be Sasshi, so is Sakura. I don't think one could replace the other consider the other was the one who built HKT. It's not fair to expect Sakura to be like Sasshi and it's unnecessary to put such a pressure on her. For me, the "kouhai being the next senpai" thingy is so stupid, we have many cases of AKB's management tried that before and they failed deeply (or not working really well as they expected it to be).

For the bonjourmarlene's comment up there about Sakura's popularity. Popularity doesn't work that way at all, being more skilled + prettier wouldn't make you more popular, especially in K-pop. It's also not about if you (or anyone) wants a specific member to be more popular than Sakura because "it should be"? If that member wasn't being able to attract fans like Sakura then it's their problem, not Sakura's. Also, it's fine if you think that you can't understand why Sakura became Nekkoya's center. But I wanna tell you that after the class re-evaluation, Sakura did great with the dance choreography and managed to stay in class A while some girls didn't. She deserved to be the Nekkoya's center (not saying the others weren't). Plus point, Sakura literally went viral in Korea, China and many other places after the MV came out, literally almost everyone was talking about her as the center, it was a RIGHT choice to give her the center position.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  10. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

I honestly see both paths as possibilities for Sakura.

The return to Japan is an easy sell. She gets to go home, and be a leader to a group that really needs her. It's also much more of a sure thing.

Her increased profile will allow her more cm opportunities in Japan, and once her idol career winds down she could easily transition into the tarento route, whether that be through variety or just being an authority on kpop. She can also try her hand in acting, which is more realistic in Japan than in Korea, or just be a Youtuber.

Staying in Korea isn't without merit though.

I think the most enticing way for Sakura to stay in Korea is to graduate and join Chaeyeon in WM. WM will be debuting a girl group soon after Chaeyeon returns, and they would gladly welcome Sakura.

Sakura could stay with her best Korean friend and join a respectable company managing successful groups. Staying in kpop would allow Sakura to further refine her singing and dancing and keep her gateway to a more international market, especially China. The Produce scandal and being Japanese might suppress her cm appeal to Korea, but I think her solo OZine work opened some eyes. I don't think she'll completely lose her Japan work, and I think China gives her extra potential to make bank if she follows that path, both due to the size of China and the way kpop contracts are structured.

I think it will depend on what Sakura values more. Family and HKT48 mean a lot to her, and being in Japan gives her more stability and freedom to do what she wants. Staying in kpop allows her to challenge herself as an artist, maintain her international fame, and potentially make more money.

I feel like Sakura is more likely to stay in HKT due to her loyalty to HKT and the opportunity to stay close family. However, I think Sakura has always been a little ambitious, so it wouldn't surprise me if she went the kpop route.

11. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

IZ*ONE Valentine Challenge from Miyawaki Sakura

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  12. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Here’s her latest look from the Pepsi CF campaign.

8AAF53D1-956A-4659-A2A6-1275A16AEF07.jpeg

13. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    MAJOR DEVELOPMENT/RUMOR: Sakura is expected to sign with Bighit entertainment, the agency behind BTS

https://twitter.com/balloon_wanted/status/1369872025506828291

I'm going to state what's already known right now.

1. IZ*ONE is set to disband after their online concert on March 13th.
    2. The CJ (the agency that manages IZ*ONE) and the agencies of the individual members couldn't come with an agreement to extend.
    3. Hankyung, which is South Korea's premier business news agency, broke the news that BigHit is expected to sign Sakura to an exclusive contract.
    4. News media requested BigHit to make a statement regarding the news, and they responded by saying that they'll "confirm the validity" of the report.
    The important thing to know is that BigHit didn't deny report. It's typical of Korean agencies to deny right away, so it's highly unusual. It's probably the most discussed topic in Korean entertainment right now.

What does this mean if the rumor is true?

This will be the officially the end of Sakura in HKT, because the contract will be exclusive. It will also be the nail in the coffin for any hope of IZ*ONE's extension.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    But it would mean a breach of contract from Sakura.
    Sakura staying in Korea won't happen without a huge payoff towards her Japanese agency and would also kill off any future k-pop projects were Japanese idols can take part in.

15. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I think its very unlikely that anyone will be breaching any contracts. Bighit is a listed company afterall.

1. We dont know when does Sakura’s contract with Mercury/AKS ends (Obviously there’s a contract even though its a graduation system). It could be ending very soon, so she can quickly graduate and move on.

2. Bighit bought her contract from Mercury since 48G do sell member contracts to outside agencies. The question is whether she will still be in HKT or just graduate straight away.

3. The rumour is false but Bighit didnt deny it so yeah.

16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It seems like agencies have no problems denying rumours right away. BigHit responded to the comments saying "nothing has been decided yet," which means there are definitely talks happening.

For now, I want to believe she's just changing agencies and staying with HKT for a while. It's really weird, if you think about how popular Sakura is and how she's not been signed by any agency outside of HKT48's own. It was about time, really.

17. Momo48

Momo48 Kenkyuusei

Well that certainly blindsided everyone, 48G fans, Kpop fans, and IZ*ONE-permanent fans alike lol. I’ll wait to see if it’s confirmed before I share my thoughts, but if it’s true I’m sure Sakura, AKS, and BH will be able to negotiate for Sakura to come back to HKT and finish her activities and have a formal graduation before moving on. There’s no way they would risk further alienating her OG fans and rep. Regardless all we can do is wait for the next few days and hope everything (IZ*ONEs disbandment, future plans) is handled well.

18. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    I called it lmao I knew she would be leaving theres more advantiges in kpop

Did you even watch produce 48? The other trainees voted for her it ended in a tie that could have ended either way

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I don't follow Izone (I just don't care lol), but I do like Sakura quite a bit (not enough to follow a group like Izone lol), but how is her Korean these days?? I'm sure should would be successful anywhere she goes. She's drop dead gorgeous and has a personality lol. I will miss her a lot tho for Japanese activities if she does end up in a korean company. She could totally be a variety queen. IDK singing? Sakura isn't really talented there lol. But she could make it work I guess.

20. Statham48

Statham48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Good for her if this ends up going through. I know she mentioned returning to HKT, but I believe at the time she thought the contract with IZ*One was going to allow her to dual promote for the last year.
    Also all the upheaval with the 48 groups and Covid make it pretty tough to pass on the opportunity.

For now its all speculation, but I'm behind her 100% whatever the case.