Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    This whole ordeal is one further example of what I believe is AKB48's key problem right now.

The girls don't support each other, they all just want to be the next center of the group. There are many rumours of Moeka having been bullied by 16ki and other 3rd Draft members because they were jealous she was getting such a massive push. Now Momoka's been exposed by someone mere days after her push as center really started.

[HIDE]
    I remember watching an old documentary about AKB48 and Miichan said that she felt it was unfair Acchan got a solo song on stage with herself, Natsumi and Kayano as her backing dancers. Other (older, more mature) members of the 1st Gen told Miichan that Acchan didn't do anything wrong, that Acchan would be criticised more for being in the spotlight and that they all needed to support Acchan. A few years later, when Miichan was confronted with the possibility of centering a single, she said she wanted to lose against Mariko because being center was scary (and Mariko became the center of Ue kara Mariko, as most of us will know).
    [/HIDE]

I really just want them to work together. For so long now, they've been holding concerts at Tokyo Dome City Hall with a capacity of about 3,000 people. It's sad. How can they aim for Tokyo Dome with a capacity of 55,000 if they try to kill every member who is a successful push? They need to work their way up slowly, and they can only do so if they work together. This constant 'betrayal' is making it really difficult for me to want to support AKB48.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    To be honest, there's a big difference with the start of AKB when Acchan was selected (pretty much against her will) to be the center of AKB, there were just 21 members back then and AKB was just another indy idol group trying to make a name for itself in a dinky theater

Now AKB is a well established idol group with a pretty big legacy and 100+ members
    I said it before, the motivation for joining is probably completely different for members nowadays, just being a member is probably a goal for a lot of them, centering the ultimate price, whereas for the original gens it was being number one at the music awards, having that concert in Tokyo Dome.

I also want to point out that so far a lot of what I read seems to be based on conjecture, we don't know/cant know for sure if the underage drinking was the reason, we don't know for sure if there was backstabbing.

Is it likely? well, I would not be surprised if it was backstabbing, I have some nieces who were competing in synchronised swimming, which in a way has some trait similar to this situation, on the one hand they perform as a team, on the other hand there is internal competition for who may compete in the solo and duet events.
    I've seen several occasions where bff fell out and in the end hated each others guts just because of jealousy and spite.

I get the idea of competition ... and I get the idea of breaking a team up if they get too complacent ... I do get the idea that you would want to push people you think are talented
    But the way they've been doing that lately only generated discord in the ranks. in the past, because the group was rather small and grew organically there was a chance for anyone to try and find their own niches (even if that wasn't their initial dream as with Miichan who wanted to be a 'normal' idol in stead of the 'variety' kind)
    now, with no more AKBingo ... the only thing really left is the SSK or centering a song, and with solidly established seniors around the pickings are really slim, so yeah, if suddenly one of them gets elevated to the senbasu, of course there will be members thinking, why her, why not me? and there will for sure be members who will not respond well to it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 6
  3. CRL48

CRL48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oguro Yuzuki, Yamauchi Mizuki
    Competition is always gonna happen when you throw 50-100 people in a group together, tell them that only a fraction of them will actually get to sing and appear in the music video on the main songs included in the singles and only one will get to be the lead singer of that song. The thing with the 48/46 groups is that they're so big, they always have to compete with each other for attention.

4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    AKB48 Honda Sora anounced her graduation today

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Oh man I feel like it's only really been a few weeks since she was promoted... she hasn't even really been able to show off her skills since promotion

7. Ririe

Ririe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagatomo Ayami
  8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Tough times for NMB48.
    Kitamura Mana

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

SGO48 Phụng Nhi, Như Thảo and Minxy has announced their graduations. Final show will be on April 11th.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    is there a reason why they're graduating at the same time? did their contract end or something?

11. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    They are all undergirls since their debut (minus Minxy who was selected for 1st single), they don’t have many oppotunity to perform. It’s been 3 years through and Phụng Nhi is gonna graduating from high school this year, Như Thảo and Minxy will also graduate from university this year and next year. So everyone will have to move on. Then why now is because the day before SGO48 had hold their 3rd single HS event, and it seems like their management want them to announce after the HS, last HS there were 2 members announced their graduation too.

12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  13. takamina<31994

takamina<31994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    Nogizaka46's Matsumura Sayuri announced her graduation today on the Nico Nico Live program "Nama no Idol ga Suki"

• Informative Informative x 5
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

About 7 years too late. At least that's most of the grannies gone from Nogizaka, only a couple more to go.

• Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Ok, grandpa.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Yabushita Fu of STU48 has just announced her graduation in SHOWROOM. She plans to leave after her last HS event on 7/25 and she will not continue in the entertainment world.

Official announcement from STU48:
    https://www.stu48.com/news/detail/9211

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Oof big loss for STU

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    SKE48 member (and winner of the first AKB48G Singing Contest) Nojima Kano has just announced graduation. :( She'll leave at the end of June and join a new 4-member female vocal group managed by Zest called '&'. I've put the information about the group in the AKB48 Group Soloists' & Related Groups' News & Releases thread.

Also NMB48's Namba Hinata has just announced graduation:
    https://ameblo.jp/nmb48/entry-12669923278.html

She'll concentrate on her studies and stop performing arts activities. Her final day has not yet been decided.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  19. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    noooooo I wanted Hinata to get a kennin in Hinatazaka and become the next NMB48 ace T_T

I knew it was never gonna happen but I'm still upset

• Like Like x 4
  20. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Aaaaand another NMB member graduating. Everytime someone says "NMB" now I hear this in my head:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Creative Creative x 1