1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  2. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Not expecting this coming from 4th gen tbh

3. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

It looks like they were just hanging out in Yokohama and walking around. It's not like the NMB girl who met different guys and then stayed the night with them in a hotel.
    Just a normal date and Sakamichi technically doesn't have a no dating rule.

It's unfortunate and there will most likely be repercussions but I don't think its a negative mark on her character. It's not like an adult woman meeting a guy is morally wrong anyway, but still.

It seems weird that they would just be on a date walking around in Yokohama like that. Yokohama is super open and public (assuming they are at/near Minato mirai). Almost like they didn't care if they were caught.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    That photo where she seems to look at the camera and throws a peace sign is kind of funny. But yeah, there are no love motels or overnight stays so it isn't that bad and management can easily say they're just friends.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That just sounds like cope

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    No, I honestly don't care about dating scandals and I don't particularly care about Saya either but my comment was more about how management can spin this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    Saya's scandal took place very near to the time when 1st gen and 2nd gen having their live performances. So we would likely see management's actions after that. Maybe management will take action through no senbatsu spot/handshake since Saya is 4ki and still have long future ahead. I thought it was inappropriate and disrespectful to her colleagues. She is not as popular as Mattsun and no Maiyan to protect her. Not surprising news as we already have some in the past like Noujo, Rotti etc

Sad to see this news from 4ki who are gaining popularity.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. hibari

hibari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ashuminamiona, momoko, kakki
    めっちゃやんちゃなやんちゃんだぜ:lol:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

そうだぜ:awesome:

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    had to google translate that. hahaha

Cheers!

11. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    This week's episode proves that second gen is best gen. So much fun. Haven't laughed like this in a long time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. NogizakaSan

NogizakaSan Kenkyuusei

this week episode is great tho its hori's last episode. i love the gaki no tsukai reference to rena haha yamazaki outto!

13. Federico

Federico Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaki Haruka
    I thought this was an overstatement.
    Then I watched the episode.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    For this post please allow me to diviate a little...

It is a nice coincidence that my post follows another one from a fellow fan from Italy. This is because I would like to share my thoughts about the international character of Nogizaka and in general all Sakamichi groups.

Yesterday it was Eric Clapton's birthday so many radio stations were focused on his music. As I was driving home from work early in the afternoon and the weather in Athens, Greece was sunny (as usual) I opened my sun roof and turned up the volume a bit... After a few rock songs from the usual European/US repertoire (including some 80s and 90s) it was Alice Cooper's Poison that made me say "enough!" I want something different, something fresh for my ears and tastes, something different and switched to a CD I burned with Nogizaka46 songs...

In a heavy traffic, and while I was listening to "Kimi no na wa kibou" at a traffic light, the driver next to me asked me "sorry buddy, what are you listening at?". When I replied "a female idol group from Japan" he looked at me as if I came from outer space (what a laugh)! At the next traffic light he stopped beside me and asked "what is this, what is their name"... I just hope he manages to remember "Nogizaka46" when he returns home...

That incident made me ponder how lonely I am as a J-pop fan, how alien I look to my fellow countryman, how different (and possibly strange or eccentric) I may be. I play music myself and I enjoy classical and jazz mostly, however, the melodies of Japanese music are touching me so differently and move me almost to tears. I wish I could spread and share my feelings for this genre in my country and I dream about the times that in the future (even distant) Japanese idols (especially good ones like the Sakamichi group) include Europe among their destinations for concerts.

I really dream of the day that this music becomes trully international...!

P.S. I wonder is someone among the forum dwellers has some concrete figures regarding the fan-base in countries outside the South-Eastern Asia. I am sure the fan base in the States is large but what about Europe?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    @Philosophy Senpai I've often wondered about the size of Nogizaka's non-asian international fan base as well. I wonder how many are non-casual fans who have an oshimen and can name more than a few songs? I wonder if Sony music knows and if it's because of this that they really only stick to Asia for their foreign outreach.

• Like Like x 1
  16. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    While there are fans not from Asia (I'm European myself) the size is definitely not large enough to justify travelling overseas to meet them. An exception would be a music festival or a cultural festival (like when Nogi went to France).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I would think the profits for a small tour would be better than for a music/cultural festival. They would only be paid by what the committee decided versus having all the profits from a tour all to themselves. Being in the US, I can't imagine them not filling out a 30,000 seat arena in places like Honolulu, Los Angeles, or Vancouver, Canada like they do when they go to China or Taiwan.

18. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @Generic_User I guess for the States (and mostly Europe) one cannot be a J-pop idol fan unless there are more "ingredients in the whole package": Like watching (frequently) anime, like the Japanese culture and even (as in my case) go more deeply into learning the language. Based on this I could make a wild "guestimate": In Greece, a country of approx. 11 million people, there is a slowly growing number of Japanese learning people of 600 per year (based on the last years annual JLPT exams). Now I would bet that almost all of them are aware of anime and at least half of them would listen to Japanese music. Removing the non-fanatics, there must be at least 100 fellow souls who are touched by e.g. "Boku no koto shitteru", "Kuroi Hitsuji" and "Soredemo Aruiteru" like I do.

@miwa Indeed, profitability could be the major barrier for idol management not to decide investing money and time for an international tour (even in 4-5 big market countries). Such a tour would also weight somewhat heavily on the girls themselves by exhausting many of them no matter how attractive such an overseas tour would be at first. However, I have the impression that idol management companies do not seem to care expanding in markets outside Japan (or at least outside a narrow south-east Asia-wide market).

Local demand, could be a leverage point, however this would require sufficient numbers. I was showing Youtube videos of Keyakizaka and Nogizaka concerts to a friend of mine who is happening to be involved in the entertainment industry. For him, Japan is maybe somewhere between the Moon and Mars so he was bewildered when faced with this vast sea of penlights in Tokyo dome. He was wondering if there could be any local agents who might be interesting at inviting such a group for a concert but we both agreed that (at least here) the tiny fan-base is far from the critical mass required to support something like that. On the other hand, the concept of "idols" need to be compatible (even to a small degree) with the local peoples' mentality on entertainment. Although I was still a child then, I can recall an attempt back in between 2005-2007 when a new TV (actually reality) show at that time tried to create a "Big pop idol" group. For almost 6 months the show had covered auditions, selection, training and drama of six young girls in their journey to become an idol group. After these 6 months and 2 concerts the whole thing died-out due to lack of public interest (and a small fan-base of mostly junior-high students). Certainly million miles away from the mentality of Japanese people who adore and support their idols.

P.S. And we should not forget another important aspect: The music itself and the lyrics. Western pop music (with the exception of music from Italy and France mostly) at least for the last 15 years has practically killed melody. Indeed, melody is dead and buried under layers of bass-and-beat jams. I have rediscovered the beauty of melody in Japanese music (not only that of idols of course) and consequently what usually follows: great harmonies and orchestration, combined with lyrics that actually tell a story instead of repeating a monotonous refrain that in some cases is a mere 3 words sung upon 1-2 notes...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Amajingu

Amajingu Member

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    if im not mistaken the number of nogizaka graduates now equals the number of original members

20. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Borderless ep 5 trailer

if the video does not show watch the video here