1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single SKE48 27th [Koi Ochi Flag] (2021/02/03)

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Oct 6, 2020.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    IMO the bonus DVD content is very good with an hour of material on each disk (different on each type). I particularly enjoyed the Jurina documentary on Type A which starts with her revisiting the steps in Tokyo from the beginning of the Oogoe Diamond MV. It could well be that the bonus video content has played a part in boosting sales.

2. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

With a first week of 190k and it still being so early in the year I think it's not unfathomable that the single has some room to appreciate in terms of first week vs total sales by the end of the year. At the very least I can't see it clocking in at anything lower than 230k especially if the covid vaccinations actually do help turn the tide in regards to the pandemic.

3. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    ^this can only happen If they add more online events etc. You see the charting results of this single is already in mid charts...

4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

SKE performed Koi Ochi Flag at MelodiX! Premium on 8th February!
    This is their 3rd performance of the song after BomberE and Buzz Rhythm.
    This performance is really good! <3

if the video does not show watch the video here

Back-up links:

• Like Like x 6
  5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Two items:

Performances on J-Melo today.

Story in Billboard.

"SKE48’s “Koiochi Flag” debuts at No. 1 on the latest Billboard Japan Hot 100, dated Feb. 1 to 7.

The J-pop girl group’s 27th single, and the final one for departing member Jurina Matsui, led physical sales with 196,556 copies sold in its first week.

It manages to top the Japan Hot 100 powered by this metric — the track comes in at No. 14 for look-ups, No. 16 for Twitter mentions, and No. 76 for radio airplay — though first-week figures have gone down considerably from the Nagoya-based group’s previous single, which sold 342,134 copies."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9525556/ske48-debuts-no-1-japan-hot-100

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 9.51.02 AM.jpg

https://www.billboard.com/charts/japan-hot-100

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Got this from bonjourmarlene from the AKB thread.

Now this is really sad for SKE and Jurina. Are there any reasons why sales are that bad for SKE? In terms of HS, Jurina still sold out so from her fans' end, she seems to have the same support. So did SKE management prepared less events? less promotion? This just sucks.

7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    My Koi Ochi Flag photocards signed by Minarun, Nao, Kumachan and Shiichan have arrived:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  8. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    It's the same reason sales of any musician period have gone down - theres no in person evens. So~Yu~Toko Aru Yo Ne was released in January right before the pandemic hit Japan so it wasnt affected by it. TBH the sales are actually pretty strong all things considered.

9. Dragonkiller12012

^x3 Is there a specific reason why @bonjourmarlene chose to compare the total sales of their previous single to this one's first week? I mean not to say the drop isn't still massive, but isn't it misleading to compare first week sales to total ones?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Forgot the context. But my concern was more on comparing SKE's sales with NMB and HKT's corona period sales.

Usually, SKE sells better than the two so it's concerning why Jurina's last single didn't sell as well as the other two sister group's corona period singles.

11. Dragonkiller12012

^I wonder if this doesn't simply come down to how affected by the pandemic each group's home front is. Like if I dismiss AKB from the equation and just focus on the sister groups is Nagoya fairing worse in terms of covid cases than Osaka or Fukuoka are? Then I also must observe the fact that in terms of total sales SKE's Frustration sold 450,035 compared to Soyuutoko Aru You Ne?'s 325,609 so a minus 100k in terms of total sales single for single was not new for SKE even pre pandemic. Don't know what that would transform into when using percentages, but it was something I thought worth mentioning. At the same time you wouldn't think from observing their 2018 year that such a high discrepancy in their total sales single for single was a normal thing for them given Muishiki no Iro, Ikinari Punch Line, and Stand By You, all sold near the 400k milestone at 390-420k.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 2
  13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Handshake event

SKE48 27th single "Koiochifuragu" (theater version) Local talk experience report

14. Dragonkiller12012

https://www.generasia.com/wiki/Koiochi_Flag - 10 week total of 235,720. I was right to think it wouldn't clock in at anything less than 230k, but I wasn't expecting it to be crossed this soon. Here's hoping it charts another ten weeks and doesn't just tapper off now that Jurina's graduated meaning its promotional period is likely over.

• Like Like x 1
  15. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Depends on how much events they have left.
    But I guess they can see an charting "end".

16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Ano koro no locker choreo with CRE8BOY

17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Dragonkiller12012

Poor Jurina. Girl just can't catch a break.