Matsumura Sayuri (Sayurin) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by ~~kumako~~, Feb 20, 2012.

1. langsikretoooo

langsikretoooo Kenkyuusei

It really hits different when a 1st gen announces a grad :(
    Captain of Sayuringo Gundan, onehalf of Karaage Sisters, one of HK3 and the last member of Gosanke... Otsukare-sama Mattsun!!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    I will miss her in their shows and in their concerts. Congratulations on your graduation, Sayuringo.

• Like Like x 2
  3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Not surprised tbh, during Maiyan graduation, she didn't seem like she has a will to continue on, she must have decided then.
    I've never liked her chara, but respected her as Maiyan's closest friend. All the best for your future, Ringo.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    So the time has come. I didn't think that I would feel so hurt when Apple Princess decided this was it but it was her decision and I will gladly support it. The number one anime otaku of Nogizaka46 is leaving for the bigger world waiting beyond her garden of harvested apples. The most famous and iconic thing that I would remember her for are her punches. Those words of "Sayuringo~ Punch!" is music to my ears. I bid you farewell Apple Princess. You have a special place in my heart and the manga/anime you recommended were very great picks. Until then this is it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. takamina<31994

takamina<31994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    I'm sad to see her go. I didn't always like her chara, but she did make me laugh so many times. Thanks for everything Sayurin and all the best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    TV News report from ANN in Japan:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  7. Vapour

Vapour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    大園桃子, 賀喜遥香
    Happy Graduation Sayuringo, I'll miss this half of kaarage Shimai

• Like Like x 2
  8. redavis460

redavis460 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Forever Himetan
    As a relative newcomer to Japan’s Idol culture, I’m learning that these kinds of goodbyes or “status changes” are the hardest part of following these beautiful and talented young ladies; however, the privilege of knowing them and basking in the warmth of the sunshine they create is worth the pain of separation I guess. In the case of Sayurin and her departure, I think she herself summed up what many are feeling when, upon first hearing the news of Reika-san’s graduation several years ago, kept repeating (in Japanese) “So lonely, so lonely, so lonely” as she wept uncontrollably.

Though I too am in the camp of those who, perhaps because of the character she has always played, have never really considered her my oshimen, I wonder if many people can understand the long shadow and positive influence her efforts and energy have cast on Nogizaka46’s fame and popularity, especially overseas. For me and my immediate group of Nogizaka fans, we can trace our introduction to the group directly to her performance as Yumemi in the Kakegurui live action, followed by the legendary skit of Matsumin and Kana Nakada crying during the 46 hour TV special. From there, her universal love for all of her sisters helped me to have an initial frame of reference to begin to better learn about them.

Here in the USA, there is a saying (in southern slang) about “Dancin’(g) with the one that ‘brung’ you”; in my case, I will never forget her untiring effort to promote her group, one instance of bad judgement made in a moment of weakness notwithstanding.

Sayuri-san, I know you will probably never read this, but thank you for opening up this beautiful new world to me in a way that has the potential of changing the direction of my life, and for all the wonderful people I am meeting on this journey (and this forum plays a big part). I hope your path from here forward fulfills your dreams, and I hope we will still be able to follow you and celebrate your future success together.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  9. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    Man, you're setting a flag here. I'm terrified.

Never crossed my mind Macchu gonna grad, not to mention she plan to remain in Ent. I can't even find words to explain.
    For Macchu to stick in Ent. but without being Idol (despite she could) is too mind blowing for me.

10. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    Also posted in other thread. Just a tribute to her good performance of Naachan's solo Tsuribori and major grad hint that went unnoticed :fp:

• Like Like x 7
  11. Emperoro

Emperoro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    Will absolutely miss her in Koujichuu as she is easily one of the most entertaining and the funniest of the bunch. She made me laugh a lot of times during the show and it'd hurt not to see her there when she finally leaves.

Congrats Sayuri, thank you for the entertainment you've provided us all this time. Not a single time that I felt disappointed by you, not even the scandal. Hopefully you won't stop being yourself and continue to spread happiness to everyone. Last but not the least, I hope you, Sayuri, finds a very well deserved happiness in your life as well.

Hopefully, Shinuchi's and Bananaman's graduation won't come anytime soon. If those 3 leaves, that might be it for me.

Edit: Okay, I lied. I was definitely disappointed by her when she wasted food by making onigiri filled with mustard and fed it to Himura and Shitara. The 2 obviously spat it out.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  12. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    I was literally resting in my bed and logged on to this page on the forum, and the moment I looked up and saw her graduation announcement, I shot up like a bullet. That goes to show how much a 1st Generation member like Sayuringo means to me as a follower of Nogizaka.

Truly a shocker. To keep it real, after her scandal, you'd think that act would have demotivated her to continue as a member. Also, her scandal was unheard of for a Sakamichi member (which was in the middle of the public eye on the street). But she stayed, apologized to everyone, got bumped back from Fukujin, atoned for her selfishness and powered through. Her sheer determination kept her going and her great, big love for the members and the group was proven time and time again after all this.

She went on to join sub-units. Loved Karaage Sisters. REALLY loved Sayuringo Gundan. It's only more depressing because Terada Ranze is the only one left; even more so that she is a Second Generation member. But her presence, quirkiness and cute nature brightened the group in every way. And she remained for this long to promote and motivate even 4th Generation members like Yakubo Mio (who joined the group because of her).

Matsumura Sayuri...my respect goes out to you. You are an amazing woman and you will be successful in your future endeavours. Sayuringo PUNCH!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Happy Graduation Ringo!:ome:
    A collection of Matsumura Sayuri moments.

Credit to uploader.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    For those who do consider themselves her fans, please calm down a little :flower: sure it's sad to remove her from the group (and Nogichuu) but it's not a goodbye. She did say she's going to continue in entertainment, and she's got a decent momentum, I'm sure (much like Shiraishi and Nishino) we'll continue seeing her almost as often as we do now.

That said — in the same show she also announced a Gundan live in June! Why is nobody here talking about that? :cute: perfect tsundere good news/bad news balance act she did!

• Like Like x 3
  15. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

hhhmmmm. you dont know that sayurin -nogizaka46 is not the sayurin outside nogizaka46 ? this is why i sad . i am not a follower.
    nothing still the same here . i dont want to write other name but i feel the same thing for everybody who leave . 46 is the reason why i meet them . not that
    ok . everybody have own reason , so whatever

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    No, I totally get it. I wouldn't dare say there's no reason to be sad. But just one piece of that I feel I can take away, more than one person talked about goodbye, and for us it's not really goodbye, she will be still around. :chuffed:

• Like Like x 1
  17. hibari

hibari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ashuminamiona, momoko, kakki
    Yeah, not really sad because we will never see her anymore like nanamin, but sad because nogichu will not be the same nogichu. Just hope Kazumin will stay a little longer. We need kouhai to step up take their role or nogichu will be about bananaman and original member only

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I'm not too worried about that, TBH. 3rd and 4th gens are so good, if they were a new group (or even two new groups) I'd probably still follow them. We have Ume as an almost-exact replacement for Maiyan, Mukai's overreactions and kaoge, Momoko being… from whatever planet she's from, the 4th gen ‘really an ojisan inside’ little gang, This Dial Goes Up To Eleven But Can't Go Under 7 Semiya, Kitagawa Yuri making previous my-pace idols look like tryhards, Yanchan, Ayame giving Momoko competition in being not quite entirely here… I think really now it's a matter of Bananaman getting to know them better, Nogichuu will be just fine. Sure I'd rather have more Sayuringo and Kaz, but then I'd also rather have Nanamin and Ikoma-chan and Rarin and Ami and most of all Waka :cold:

The group and the show evolve, it will be fine (eventually). And I have a feeling Ringo is going to own whatever it is she does next, and we're going to love it.

(And for anyone reading this and thinking maybe I'm just a naïve positive wota, let me introduce myself ;) I've given up on my then-favorite group more than once. I gave up on MCZ years ago because management knew how to get them to the top then had no idea what to do with them once they got there so the girls were going completely to waste. Gave up on AKB more recently because management and the current spotlight members IMO ran it completely into the ground. Gave up on a few b-tier and shika groups for various reasons. I can be strict, and admittedly Nogi is not and never was my favorite. But I honestly feel 3rd and 4th gen are awesome, about as good as the 1st gen that made me get hooked by the group in the first place and put Nogidoko in my top 5 of all-time idol shows. So there. It will be fine.)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    will she or will she not be the Center of 27th Single? looking forward on 27th Single Senbatsu..

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. kouhaku05

kouhaku05 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    she have always put a smile on my face and her moments were the funniest, I always look forward to see her and what crazy things she would do.. I'm really gonna miss her.. she was one of the 1st gen I've like early, and even though she was involve in a scandal before I didn't stop liking her. Hope to see more of her after the graduation..

• Like Like x 5