1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Miyawaki Sakura (Sakura) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by saika.city, Nov 27, 2011.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    The people who cared about Madoka's graduation still cared about it despite Sakura's announcement. The leaked magazine and rumours showed it was already planned for Kkura to graduate by June, so she had to announce it as soon as possible. Announcing it on her first day back with the group is logical. They're still separate topics, and I'm sure Madoka was happy to have Kkura there to send her off.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

@JPN48 - This is why I had said before that from an actuality standpoint Sakura didn't do anything wrong, but from a moral standpoint she comes off like she did something wrong. What I hate is that her fans insist this is not so and that it's not a way to look at it. That there is only "It's her life to live, her decision to make. We should suck it up and support her." That's dumb. Also it's Sakura's own fault that everything about her exit from HKT is such a rush job. If she really cared about the whens she wouldn't be leaving in June. If her announcement window is so tight that she had to announce May 30th, May 31st, or June 1st and the graduation concert still ended up taking place on June 19th that's on her. She shouldn't just throw away common respect and decency to not take away from what should be a fellow member's time in the spotlight because she can't wait to get out of there herself. People speculating on if the leak was true or not for a few more days would've hardly changed anything.

@minaeshi - Sure. She's perfectly fine not confirming the rumors of her joining Big Hit, but she can't have enough respect for her fellow 1st gen to wait until after that fellow 1st gen's graduation has happened to confirm that she's graduating from HKT. Do you see where I have a dilemma here? It really shouldn't be so hard to understand. Sakura isn't some rando who has so little standing in the group that she couldn't decided when the announcement would take place once the leak had occurred and she could even had stated when the time came. "I chose to wait so that I wouldn't be taking away from my fellow 1st gen's time in the sun." And presumably as part of resuming her activities in the group isn't Sakura going to be there to see Madoka off anyway? What does that have to do with making the announcement when she did? Her taking that time to make that announcement could've been time spent having Madoka do something.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
  3. nundi

nundi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    If she really signed/will sign the one who has to announce it is the company not her tho, at least that’s how it is in Korea

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Did Sakura say she planned to announce her graduation later?

From what I know, VIVI magazine is released today (21st of May), so she would have had to announce it before that anway :confused:

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

@bonjourmarlene - That makes no sense. The magazine actually coming out doesn't mean she'd have to confirm. It'd still be a rumor until she announced it officially confirming it. They opened the door for her to confirm it quite literally WHENEVER. That's assuming the magazine itself doesn't contain a passage written by Sakura about graduating in which case she shot herself in the foot ages ago.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    From what I understand, the magazine says "Sakura returned to HKT48 recently and has announced her graduation a few days ago." That was the leak, and now it's confirmed true since Sakura did actually announce her graduation. She'd already decided to graduate and the magazine accidentally revealed this excerpt a little too early.

7. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    That's my understanding as well based on the wording from the article, that she was to have announced her grad before the magazine released on the 21st. In my opinion, she was going to announce her graduation during the live event regardless of the leak.

While the timeline is tight, I don't think her graduation is rushed in the sense that it's fairly well planned for what it is with the graduation book already ready to go, the venue booked, etc. HKT's YouTube channel even uploaded a behind the scenes video of the grad book photoshoot. Either HKT management is very good or this has been in the works for a little bit (or both).

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    If she forms a new group it'll be her 3rd Idol group (4th, if we count her AKB Kenninship separated from HKT). If she debuts with inexperienced girls, she might be for a new group what Sasshi was to HKT. It would be really interesting to see.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    6C7BB5C4-AB6A-4586-B7B8-61D768781673.jpeg

Sakura is a new muse for Kerasate, which is a line of hair products.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ririe

Ririe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagatomo Ayami
    Interesting considering her hair is 70% extensions.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. budokanlife014

budokanlife014 Kenkyuusei

No one said the products didn't work on extensions.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  13. welp

welp Next Girls

It's been 2021 and still peoples believing women, making up half of mankind, have no influence in shaping up social standard, still believing women cannot live up to their own standard. Those peoples must have not dated too so they don't know women not always listen to their boyfriends' opinions on how girlfriends should look like. I also wanna ask them for whom Arabic maidens wearing heavy make up behind the burqa. Their fathers and brothers? (Btw, men in fashion industry are dominantly gay. So, :lol:)

Oh! So, you know the mystery of Jurina's health? Please tell me what exactly was her health problem

What a simple minded thinking. Can Sakura book whenever to re-debut? A K-pop agency take into consideration various factors before chalking a debut date.
    - They can't debut a new group around the time a top group/soloist comes back nor the time another top agency debuts its new group or the spotlight will be stolen or shared.
    - They can't promote coincidentally with another group from the same agency or the resource will be spread thin.
    - They should debut earlier in the year so they can collect higher total sale and eligible for 'Rookie of the Year' award.
    Sakura will leave Japan on June 20 as earliest and must quarantine for 14 days
    And, if Sakura will re-debut in a group, the group may want her several months before the debut for preparation and teamwork build up.
    The new agency may have planned a pre-debut promotion for Sakura, featuring Sakura in a mv of BTS or TXT or such.

The concert needs some time to sell the ticket and the merch better. Usually, concert ticket + merch are up for sale 1 month+ in advance. So, Sakura should announce her graduation by May 19. If the ticket and merch are sold less due to short sale period, the loss is greater on whom, Sakura or Mercury?

Had she not announced her graduation that day, which day could it be? May 29 at Madoka's concert? Would the concert venue vacant had Sakura's concert been postponed to June 30?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

This thread is funny lol. My guess is that Sakura's contract with AKS(whatever name it is now) is also ending (probably in June) and she's not renewing it so her graduation needs to happen asap in order for AKS to capitalise on her for the last time (and dont say why not renew it for a few months the sake of gradding a little later, it makes no sense). If her HKT contract isnt ending and she just want to grad and requests contract termination the timing wouldnt be this rushed as AKS can drag the negotiation out for awhile. Its pretty obvious that her grad schedules have been discussed for quite sometime given that everything about her graduation are quite well planned given the time constraints, I'd say well before Izone's contract are over.

The fuss over whether she takes that spotlight away from Madoka's grad is just nonsense tbh. No disrespect to Madoka but clearly her graduation isnt relevant to the public, its an in-house event, so the ones who were interested are probably still interested about them as well as other topics surrounding AKB/HKT.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I honestly think it's because she accepted a contract with a different agency, like so many have theorized, and they set the pace for her graduation.

She mentioned in the Vivi interview she's not staying in Japan after her graduation. My guess is she accepted a contract with a new agency not long after it was confirmed Izone wasn't getting an extension and they want her to start soon. I'm wondering if her new agency didn't intend for her to start until late June or if that was negotiated so she'd have time to have some kind of send off with HKT. Maybe that's why Anna said we should feel lucky Sakura had another month in the group during the live event.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    That makes most sense to me as well. It was similar with Juri after Produce 48 ended, although not that fast. Produce ended in August 2018, and in March 2019, Juri announced her graduation and that she'd join Woollim. However, she was in Korea in February to negotiate with Woollim and it took about 4 weeks before the graduation announcement, then two more months until she graduated.

Negotiations in February > grad announcement in March > graduation in May >> total of 3 months

Sakura's negotiations ? (rumours with Big Hit Music surfaced in March) > grad announcement in May > graduation in June >> total of 3 months

If Juri's history is any indication, hopefully it'll also only take a few months for Sakura to pick up activities again. I can't see her falling down the same hole as Miyu. Sakura's too known and also very well trained now, so I doubt they'll let her be a trainee for long.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. rcb2418

rcb2418 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu

I agree. As women we are taught that if you are skinny you will succeed and have fame in the music industry, movies, tv, etc. Many women and men suffer from eating disorders trying to obtain this type of body when in reality it's not always safe. Being skinny can bring about health issues as well as malnourishment and fatigue if the person hardly eats anything in order to be this skinny.

Just like with everything, this is not the case with everyone who is skinny. There are people who physiologically are already that way.

Now regarding the comment that welp made that being skinny is also aesthetic, I cannot be in more disagreement with you. There are people who are more on the heavier side and do not suffer from the things mentioned here. It's all about having the physical condition to be able to do this, not about your weight. There are some great dancers who are on the heavier side and they can move light as a feather. What welp mentioned is only something we were taught to believe. Once again, this is my opinion and point of view.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Just to clarify, are you saying you disagree with what welp said or what i said in response to welp? Bc I totally agree with what you're saying here, so I just wanna make sure my first response didn't give the wrong impression ^_^;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

19. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    By the way, Japan gov has just extended the emergency state in 9 prefectures, including Fukuoka until June 20th. I haven't checked anything, but is there any update regarding Sakura's gradcon?

20. welp

welp Next Girls

48 contract definitely does not have specific duration. It's evident from irregular graduation times of members. If there is fixed duration, we must have seen a big lot of members of the same generation mass graduation at the same time.

Sakura most likely has signed "artist" contract, similarly to Somi after Produce 101. (Somi was planned to be a member of itzy.) Sakura might endorse that hair product as Big Hit's belonging. Artist contract makes it easier to manage the income from Sakura with clear income distribution clauses. Sakura likely will be treated similarly to how JYP treated Somi, getting small gig now and then, until she makes proper re-debut.

Sakura's artist contract will pressure the agency to roll out the new group fast (if she is meant to be a group member at all) as it may be a contract expiration issue. If Sakura signed the contract 1 year before the group debut, her contract will end 1 year earlier than others. If she will not renew the contract, the group will live 1 more year without a dominant member.

Almost all K-pop female idols are, by medical standard, underweight yet, not in dangerous zone. The weight itself does not impose any critical physical harm. So, the body ideal of K-pop idols is not dangerous in itself but, the way idols choose to achieve it may. Being underweight can increase the risk of osteoporosis but, these idols unlikely keep their idol weights to their elderliness.

They have been very rare cases of K-pop idols quitting due to eating disorders. The far more frequent mental illness is panic disorder resulting from all criticisms the idols get. K-pop idols are super cautious with their weights as to avoid the criticism on their bodies. Certainly, those criticisms do not come from only male keyboard warriors.

A considerable number of idols develop knee degenerations already in their 20's. More weight = more pressure on the knee = accelerated knee degeneration. This is simple science. Also, heavier body requires more energy to move it = poorer stamina. This is also simple science. Aside from these scientific reasons, sport dancers have to preserve lean bodies to better flaunt the body line. How well they move their waists/hips is a critical judgement criterion. Flapping fat can be distracting and results poorer scores.

Also, genetically, Korean women tend to have less muscle masses and small builds.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1