Yahagi Moeka (Moechan) / Draft 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Could it be that his graduation from AKB48 was related to finishing and graduating from high school?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    It was speculated, yes. It is quite common for member to graduate when they are 14 or 17 to focus on the last year of middle school (to prepare for high school admission) or high school (to prepare for university admission), especially they aren't looking for future in the entertainment industry.

Moeka was said to be absent from many performances and concerts because she was prioritising her study.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes I think it might be related... Especially since she's been so quiet after graduation, I guess she was focusing on her studies, it must be really important to her. I can tell that she didn't want to graduate from AKB when she announced it, she cried so much and looked really sad, it didn't feel like she was ready to graduate and she must have thought a lot about it, so it's possible that school was the reason (or one of the reasons at least) that pushed her to make the decision... if she continued being idol, it's difficult to find time to study. and sadly, many people were already criticizing the fact that she wasn't at theater... even though it was obvious that she had reasons considering management was fine with it (they still made her center, tried to convince her to stay etc.)... :/ I wish she took a break, but going on a long hiatus is rare for idols, usually they just graduate.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Apparently Moeka still logs in her IG account, on 1st April, a fan received a "like" from Moeka from 2 days before! I'm glad to know that she's still on her IG/Twitter accounts even if she doesn't update them, I hope she doesn't delete or abandon them, but I wonder why she's not updating? I thought it might be because of school but now apparently she graduated. She's maybe waiting for the right moment? when she graduated, she said that she wouldn't leave her social medias. Soon it will be a year since the last time we saw her ;w; (her TikTok video from May 2020 is the last time we saw her) maybe I should also make a post for her in IG and tag her and I might receive a "like", haha. Really hope to see her back soon, I miss her. <3

Last month on 3rd March, it was the 3rd anniversary of the announcement of Draft 3rd gen! For this, the members posted pictures, and Mahopyon's tweet included a photo with Moeka!

001.jpg

it's a photo where they're hugging ;w; So cute T_T <3 (Moeka is also on this photo, she's on the screen LOL)

To celebrate the 3rd anniversary (a bit late >.<), I'm posting Moeka's performance video for 3rd Draft, where she's singing Koko ga Rhodes da, Koko de Tobe! This is before she became a KKS or member and she already did so well, it's not easy to dance this much and sing live. Her voice is perfect for ballads but also for idol songs like this, she has a voice that isn't too high or too low, it's just perfect, her voice is a little deep and at the same time cute ;w; She sounds good with any type of song. and she looks SO cute here!!! Sooo adorable <3

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    God, she's so freaking cute in that clip. It is always going to suck that we lost her so soon, her potential was enormous. . . but I hope she's well and happy wherever she is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Moeka's first center song Saikyou Twintail's short MV has 2 million views now, congrats!

I tried to make a list of most watched AKB b-sides MV's (hope I didn't forget any song).

01. 365 nichi no Kamihikouki (2015) - 21 million
    02. Majijo Teppen Blues (2010) - 18 million
    03. Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara (2009) - 18 million
    04. Majisuka Rock'n'Roll (2010) - 15 million
    05. Lucky Seven (2010) - 9,6 million
    06. Enkyori Poster (2010) - 9,3 million
    07. Choose Me! (2010) - 5,7 million
    08. Tobenai Agehachou (2009) - 5,1 million
    09. Nusumareta Kuchibiru (2010) - 4,7 million
    10. Dare no Koto wo Ichiban Aishiteru? (2017) - 4,2 million
    11. Namida no SeeSaw Game (2010) - 3,6 million
    12. Wakariyasukute Gomen (2018) - 3,5 million
    13. Kokkyo no Nai Jidai (2018) - 3,1 million
    14. Mazariau Mono (2016) - 2,3 million
    15. Sweet & Bitter (2012) - 2,3 million
    16. Hatsukoi Door (2019) - 2 million
    17. Dakishimecha Ikenai (2011) - 2 million
    18. Saikyou Twintail (2018) - 2 million

I stopped at Saikyou Twintail. it's at #18 which is very good especially for a 2018 song!

Btw there's the 2020 Stage48 Member Ranking, it's the last year with Moeka in the list.
    Don't hesitate to include her in your ranking! For me it's obvious where I'll rank her ;w;

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Little update and correction of my previous post, I knew that I would forget a song LOL and the b-side that I forgot is actually the most watched b-side MV and it's Yasai Sisters with 23 million views. So Saikyou Twintail is #19, but it's increasing fast and it will probably be #17 very soon ;D I'll write the updated and correct (hopefully XD) list under spoiler!

01. Yasai Sisters (2010) - 23 million
    02. 365 nichi no Kamihikouki (2015) - 21 million
    03. Majijo Teppen Blues (2010) - 18 million
    04. Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara (2009) - 18 million
    05. Majisuka Rock'n'Roll (2010) - 15 million
    06. Lucky Seven (2010) - 9,7 million
    07. Enkyori Poster (2010) - 9,3 million
    08. Choose Me! (2010) - 5,7 million
    09. Tobenai Agehachou (2009) - 5,2 million
    10. Nusumareta Kuchibiru (2010) - 4,7 million
    11. Dare no Koto wo Ichiban Aishiteru? (2017) - 4,2 million
    12. Namida no SeeSaw Game (2010) - 3,6 million
    13. Wakariyasukute Gomen (2018) - 3,5 million
    14. Kokkyo no Nai Jidai (2018) - 3,1 million
    15. Mazariau Mono (2016) - 2,3 million
    16. Sweet & Bitter (2012) - 2,3 million
    17. Hatsukoi Door (2019) - 2 million
    18. Dakishimecha Ikenai (2011) - 2 million
    19. Saikyou Twintail (2018) - 2 million

Another news: Sustainable music video passed 7 million views! That's very good for a recent AKB song! This song really received a lot of love, I have many good memories of that time.

As for the 2020 Stage48 Member Ranking, Moeka ranked at #87 (very good compared to last year), congrats! This was the last year where she can be voted. Of course, I ranked her at #1. Despite the fact that she dissapeared since February 2020, but even just that one month in January where she was still updating, it was the most enjoyable for me in 2020 as a fan because I had a real oshimen. I miss having that feeling and especially with Moeka where I loved her both for cuteness and for talent in singing, I loved being her fan! it was too short ;_;

So as usual I search about Moeka's news (in japanese) everyday but sadly nowadays, there wasn't anything new, not even hints or signs from her. I guess she is not planning to return for now. it's sad and I miss her a lot ;_; At this point I think the next time we'll get a sign from her will be on her birthday, she might just update her age on her social media bio LOL. But just as I was thinking yesterday that it's been too long without anything, today Mahopyon made a tweet about Moeka! *-* Here:

2021/05/26 Maho's Twitter:

"After all, same generation members are nice
    Here is YuzuMahoMoeka after a long time (frog emoticon)
    #Draft3isTheBest"

001.jpg

This made me really happy ;_; Mahopyon tagged Moeka's Twitter account in the picture. Even if it's just a poster of Moeka (LOL) I love that they did this, such a cute picture, and these 3 are really close friends. I love their friendship! I wish we could have a real picture of the 3 of them >.< I love that Mahopyon used a frog emoticon, it's really a tweet for Moeka <3

• Like Like x 4
  8. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    i miss her so much, i hope she'll make a return someday T__T

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

A few days ago on 27th May, a fan wrote on Twitter that Moeka gave a "like" now to a message that the fan wrote 3 months ago! There's a screenshot of the "like" and a screenshot of the message, it was a message saying something like "Congratulations on your school graduation! I'll be waiting always. Suchi!", it's nice to know that Moeka still read fans messages or check her name's tag in IG (I should really try posting there, maybe I would receive a "like" too XD). it's nice to have a new sign from Moeka >.<

About the tweet from Mahopyon, I didn't see it at that time but Yuzuka quoted it and posted a reply and a photo as well, which is a little different!

2021/05/26 Yuzuka's Twitter: "Suchi ☺ #YuzuMahoMoeka"

01.jpg

Something interesting that I noticed today, it looks like Moeka has unfollowed all of the accounts that she was following in Twitter and IG? I checked both, and it's at 0. She used to follow more than 250 on Twitter and more than 90 on IG. At first I thought that it's maybe an issue with the site but since she's following 0 in both accounts, I guess it's real... I wonder what it means? is she planning to use her accounts again soon? or she signed to an agency? I hope so! I hope that this is a good sign! (actually I'm surprised she didn't change her IG name yet)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Moeka has now deleted every IG post that she had (she had like around 50?) T_T I knew that I should have saved those pics... or maybe she just made them private? well either way, it's gone... look at her page here, it's empty. I'm surprised she unfollowed everyone and deleted all posts but didn't change her username yet that still includes "AKB48" in it, haha.

Don't call me crazy (LOL) but I went to her Twitter so much in the past to see if she updated anything that I knew what was the last tweet that she liked (it was a fanart of something). I looked now and it's gone, so either that tweet was deleted (I doubt it) or she removed herself her "like" from some tweets including that one. I also think her amount of tweets decreased because I think it was 1051 before? Now it's 1050. but I might be wrong on this. (I only remember all this from checking her page often in 1 year LOL)

I regret not saving all the pictures that she posted on IG T_T I wonder what this all means? I just hope that it means a return soon.

Until then, let's wait for any news from her (hopefully no more deleting). I hope we can hear her singing again ;w; Here's one of my favorite singing of Moeka, her cover of Everything <3

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Moeka deleted all of her TikTok videos yesterday ;_; I checked her TikTok page the day before and it was all there (why didn't I download them >.<) then yesterday it was all gone. She didn't edit her TikTok bio though, it still says that she is 17 years old (she's 18 now and will turn 19 in a month LOL). I just hope that this is all for a good reason (= her return), though I don't know why she has to delete everything is she is returning, but maybe if she is signed to an agency, she had to? if it's for no reason that she is deleting everything then it's sad ._.

The only thing left is her Twitter, I hope she won't delete her tweets. it would take a lot of time since there are 1050 tweets in total... well, to make sure this time, I went to save all the pictures and videos that she uploaded on her Twitter, haha. There was a lot LOL it took me a while XD Among everything I saved, I'll share 2 of them, the first is from 28th December in 2018, I find this photo really pretty with all the red *-* and the second one is a fanart (not sure made by who?) that she posted in 30th May 2019, it's Moeka as a frog LOL too cute!

181228.jpg 190530.jpg

12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Is she going to university? Otherwise what was the point of quitting AKB to study?

13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Actually it was never said what was her real reason for graduation... so who knows. But I do think studies might have been one of the reasons (probably not the only one). and well, at that time she still had 1-2 years until she graduated from high school so maybe she just wanted to properly finish high school for a start. Now she finished high school 3 months ago, and there's no sign/rumor about what she's doing, maybe she passed university exams... it's a bit weird that she is deleting everything of her past online, maybe something will happen.

Back when she graduated from AKB, in her last theater stage and her final messages, I didn't have the impression that she will quit the entertainment industry, honestly it surprised me that she literally dissapeared for 1,5 year o_o so it's really hard to tell what she's doing right now or if she's ever going to return as a celebrity.

14. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Moeka reminded me of Paruru. :hmm:

15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Exactly. Paruru used to clean up her twitter and instagram on a regular basis, deleting all but one or two if not all of her posts. She would also close her accounts and then open new ones. Maybe this is Moeka's form of idol worship: "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." [full quote: “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.” Oscar Wilde]

16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes it's true that Paruru also has this habit, though with her it's really a habit, she used to delete all of her tweets every now and then, same in IG, and she even deleted her account if I remember well (then created another). it was a bit more than what Moeka is doing, for Moeka it seems more that something happened because she didn't touch anything for over a year then now suddenly unfollows everyone and deletes it all? I think the most logical explanation is that she is planning to return. (because if she wanted to quit/leave, she would delete the accounts completely...)

I don't think that she's imitating anyone though, even if it becomes a habit for her to delete like Paruru (which I doubt it will be the case), Paruru is not the only one like this, in fact I'm myself like this LOL I have a habit to delete everything especially online... but well they are idols, and for me as a fan, it makes me sad to see them delete everything ;w; but if this is all because Moeka will come back to social medias and maybe come back to the industry, then it's worth it >.< I'm having expectations to have a news from Moeka soon ;w;

17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Little updates: Moeka has edited her IG bio to write in japanese: "I'm Yahagi Moeka。(18)" and she also brought back one of her old posts (not sure how? maybe this is possible to do). Here is the post that she brought back, this is now the only post on her profile. it's from 4th January 2020 when she visited a temple, a month before her official graduation of AKB. Don't hesitate to go to the post and give it a "like" (heart) and write something to her in english or japanese, so that she knows that there are people supporting her and waiting for her!

Something interesting about this post, after I read a japanese fan's comment, it mentioned the text written on the picture, which is what Moeka wrote at the temple back in 4th January 2019 and she found it again exactly 1 year later in 2020 and took this photo (it's a tradition to go to the temple at that time after the New Year to make a wish), so the interesting part is that her wish in 4th January 2019 was "For a new dream to be successful" (she also wrote "For AKB48 to always be loved" <3) and the japanese fan's comment was wondering if it can be Moeka's way of telling us that she is starting a new dream and wish for it to be successful? it would explain why she brought this post back... she's giving hints? I hope for a news soon!

Actually when I first saw that there is one post in Moeka's IG, I thought that she made a new post and I was really excited LOL but it ends up being an old post... XD Here is the picture:

001.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    ^You can archive posts and it’ll look like its deleted but it’s just put away. so maybe she archived all her posts and then took that one out of archive

19. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    this is exciting!!! don't want to get my hopes up but if she starts using social media again i'd be so happy ;_;

• Like Like x 1
  20. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm wondering if Moeka maybe signed up with another agency? When there are agency changes, I've noticed people tend to delete all their social media posts.

• Agree Agree x 1