[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Hinatazaka is more popular than Sakurazaka currently. It's nice to see a joint concert where the ex undergirls surpassed the original members and where they're the most popular ones.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

It's not a matter of who's popular or not here and that is even not in the formula. Sakuzaka is still popular and Hinata only just reached that stage, a place Saku has been before. This is a moment for fans who longed to see these 2 groups with one history come together to commemorate their shared history. SakuZaka hasn't stated or shown any sign of competing with their sister group in popularity so pls take this theory of yours somewhere else thank you

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Best news of the Year...!

(until the next best news)

But this... THIS...? It will be so many moving, soaked-in-tears, unforgettable moments... The two-groups-that-were-one will be united once more and I hope that they will get the hearts of ALL fans synchronise and pump together, hard and in-unison. How I envy those lucky guys and gals that will be experiencing this live...

On a serious note though, it does seem like an impulsive decision from both management teams. Ruling out the possibility of aiming towards any kind of "leeching" success of one group for the sake of the other (in both directions), it seems like a "cleansing gate" for the girls to perform songs from their past repertoire without making any big fuss. So IF (and that's a big if) they decide to incorporate old repertoire songs, in such an occasion the whole thing will be looking normal and "expected". Who knows?

P.S. @Iamyoung Nice reply, though it should have been obvious to you that, typical of @SteCola, these news were a fine occasion to pour poison in an elegant and "under-cover" way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

should they perform old keyaki songs, i hope both groups are represented equally in the sense that both have equal representation on A-sides songs cuz it would not bode well on die hard ohisamas if all what was given to hinatazaka's were mere b-sides reminiscent of their days as hiraganas

5. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

There is enough Kanji songs and enough hiragana songs for each to perform. I'm thinking it's gonna be Kanji songs on sakuzaka days and Hiragana songs on hinata days then both perform the most recognisable Keyaki songs on day 3

6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    At this point, it will be a good chance for Sakura to perform both Sakura's and Keyaki's songs, even though I think we will have a taste of that sooner, with 3rdLiner Live.
    While I found many Hiragana songs pretty good, and some are still my faves, I like only 3/4 Hinata song, so whatever they perform, as long as those are in it, I'm happy. Other than that I'm quite unconcerned.
    @Hitagi while I understand your point, I kinda care very little.
    Whatever mngmnts chose to do, some "hard core" fans will not be happy anyway and will attack Sakura and Sakura fans for it and then play victims. It happened, It keeps happening. It's not changing anytime soon.
    We'll get through it like usual.

@Iamyoung A devilish part of me hope they make Hinata perform Keyaki songs and Sakura perform Hinata songs and then on the thrid day they both performing Nogi songs lol
    The Sakamichi Battle Royal starting from this would be epic :D

7. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

The only thing that upsets me right now is that... I CAN'T ATTEND THE CONCERT!!!!

Personal thoughts: in the '17 and '18 Kyowakoku, the Kanji led the concerts. I think for the joint session (this year), we should be seeing a more equal contribution by both groups, which will be interesting to watch. However, I'm sure there will be fans will be take offense at any slight, real or perceived.

And... who made this????

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  8. Kumosayi

Kumosayi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kawata Hina
    Just want to say now I see it as an ohisama (who very much likes Sakurazaka). I don't mind them having a joint concert per se, but the Keyakizaka moniker feels a bit bitter to me. I'm sure it'll be fun to watch, I just wish they called it something else. I think it's similar for a lot of other people, it's another reminder that Hinatazaka started as an under group, and I certainly wish we could move on from them being a former-keyakizaka group.

And I don't think anyone blames the members of sakurazaka.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

There are songs they sang together. Even if they can be counted on one hands, these songs were sang by hiragana, now hinata and Kanji, now Sakuzaka. It's their history and that history contributed to what they are now. It is one that the members cherished so whatever fans think abt it, if you support the members, you let them enjoy what they want. Yes hinata said some things in the docu I myself totally disliked but they were overwhelmed by their feelings then. And as much as they hate to revisit it, if that is the case, it is a history they can't avoid nor let it sleep cos they would always be known as hinatazaka46 formerly hiragana keyaki. They had their fair amount of joy in keyaki. Both groups had sorrowful times and happy times and it would be nice if for once fans would forget those sorrowful times and remember the happy days.

Also hinata wasn't the only one with painful memories. Kanji had theirs too, a lot from what we know, but they never showed it until the last moment. Yet still we aren't thinking abt that but abt what the fact they are visiting a past that was important for them both.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I agree with both Kumosayi and Iamyoung here. As a fan of both groups since the keyaki days, it feels bittersweet for me to see the groups only finally interacting after they both had barely any interactions with each other, and both groups received their fair share of painful memories (in different scopes definitely, but they both still experienced pain). The 1st gen kanji's with their being backing dancers/overshadowed/overlooked, the 1st gen hiragana's being overlooked entirely and keyaki in name only, and the 2nd gen kanji's who would remain dormant in the group up until the groups final moments when half of the 1st gens abandoned ship. Each generation has experienced things I wouldn't wish on any group. I'm tired of being angry and remorseful whenever we talk about keyaki days on both sides. Hinata's split and Sakura's rebranding both left me feeling bittersweet, but it also made me very excited because both were chances for the groups to be free and receive the attention they deserved while in keyaki.

But things have definitely changed. Hinatazaka are rising stars and Sakurazaka are regaining lost ground. Yet both groups are determined to only grow and be a better version of themselves. Both groups may not have a silent majority hit in their lifetimes, but I can see both groups surpassing Keyakizaka. I would rather look at this opportunity as a way for them to prove that they are both bigger and better than their pasts, for both to grow. Hinatas can learn from Sakura's performance and Sakura's can learn from Hinata's energy. Both groups can interact in a way they all wanted while in keyaki, and if snf were smart, they would let each group perform the other groups songs too, make it a real festival like 48s do. If they can do that successfully, we can expect more 'sakamichi' fes with Nogi included too. So yes while as a fan of keyakizaka I experienced so many moments that left me regretful, as a fan of both sakukids and hinas, I'm excited to see what happens in those 3 days. The bittersweet feeling of what could have been may finally be shown, and that's all i ever wanted from the start, so I'm keeping positive.

Snf will have to really screw this up to leave me feeling any more sorrow lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Sakurazaka only has 14 songs at the moment, so unless they intend on premiering new songs at the concert they will likely perform Keyaki stuff too, since the Keyaki Republic performances were usually 20 songs each day (same for Tokyo Dome).

I mean since Hinata had their much-celebrated performance of SekaiAi only a few days ago, I don't know why so many people are suddenly so pessimistic about the songs they will perform at the concert.
    In my eyes, Sakurazaka is a different group from Kanji Keyaki just as Hinata is, so I don't think the songs will be a 1-to-1 translation of Sakura to Kanji Keyaki and Hinata to Hiragana Keyaki because of that.

In the coming weeks when the members start bringing it up more I hope the remaining fans who are against the idea in both fandoms will be able to accept and anticipate it with the rest of us :blush:

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Their appearance on Songs of Tokyo is being repeated today.

Episode 21 - Sakurazaka46
    [​IMG]
    May 31, 2021 (Mon)
    00:10-00:38 05:10- 12:30- 18:30-
    [Tokyo][re-air]

https://www.nhk.or.jp/songsoftokyo/

• Like Like x 1
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The whole affair is extremely bittersweet for me. The positive is that after association with Kanji Keyaki gave Hiragana their initial boost, now association with Hinatazaka can maybe give Sakurazaka a bit of a boost. And I do look forward to hearing some Keyaki songs done by Sakurazaka. I think Karin is the one with the most intensity, to do some of Techi's emotionally intense songs. Also maybe TakeYui.

But as a fan of Kanji and Hiragana who is not very much into Hinata -- because of the way their style has evolved, not because they aren't excellent -- it hurts to see Sakurazaka needing Hinata to do a big show. And it especially hurts if I am seeing triumphalism from ohisama. I'm a fan of Sakurazaka, and I want to see them properly appreciated and soaring into their own sky.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. iroiroiro

iroiroiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    the 3rd row
    I personally like both groups equally, and I don't think Sakurazaka have any reason to be embarrassed by the new dynamics. Sure, they are the successors of (kanji) Keyakizaka, but 60% of Sakurazaka's members did not participate in any of Keyakizaka's proper singles (the only one the 2nd generation participated in was Dare ga sono kane). They are making a new start, and while there have been some errors and missteps in how the group has been managed, it's certainly a very promising start. I just wish Sakurazaka management would help the members find more outside jobs, or do a Sakurazaka drama.

Something unrelated: watching the many tv appearances Hinatazaka have made in recent weeks, I can't help but admire what a great job Katoshi has done as the center, and face of the group. She's a great talker, very mature, always supporting her groupmates. It made me realize that I would like to see someone like that lead Sakurazaka too, and the person that comes to mind is Rina Matsuda.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I disagree about the promising start.. especially if you have to use the same name you decided to throw away not that much time ago and using another group to boost your popularity.
    While it was absolutely normal for Hiragana back there, is not today for Sakura and Hinata.
    We are doing well, one step at time, trying to reach the top while dealing with weird mngmnt decisions like usual.

About Marina, I think it's really too soon. She got her position as vice captain and it has already more meaning then Akane's ever had in the eyes of fans and members alike, she wouldn't get to center a single until mngmnt decides who is the ace.
    And if that choice is Hikaru-Karin-Ten, she still has to wait her turn.
    Or at least this is what I'd expect in any Sakamichi or 48 group.

16. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Sakurazaka46 don’t need hinatazaka. a myth and a gross one at that. The way hinatazaka stans are so cocky you would think hinata were at keyakis level 2017-2018. Hinata still don’t have that much gp rec and are basically as unknown as sakurazaka are rn. Only difference is their fanbase likes to seem more actively involved compared to keysaku fans. also that they’ve had 3 stable years to grow their fanbase compared to keyasaku’s 2 years of hell. very unwarranted. whatever this is I hope it’s a one time thing. Sakura Republic next year please.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I pretty much wrote a lot so I took that out and construct it clearly again lol. In all I just wanna say, I blame mgmt for all of this. They cld have done better but they didn't. And that is gone. Watching hinatas docu really hurt me. Not as much as keyaki's but it did. Especially that part where they said they felt they were 'Neru & the rest'. I realised that keyaki/Sakuzaka will suffer from what has happened cos no matter how you see it, they were made as the bad people here. The members/mgmt really sold the story well. So even if ohisamas with grudge can't let them live in peace without bringing hiragana days, I am glad the girls can look forward on their career path. The FES is happening. Either they attend or they don't. Disagreeing won't solve anything. It's S&F after all
    I formerly misunderstood your statement so I had to delete my former reply. I agree somehow but like I said, Keyaki/Saku has been sold as the bad guy so I doubt ohisamas gonna cheer for them except for those who support both. Again new fans I see are those who weren't yet into idols and some keyaki fans that left. Sakuzaka is in a stage where they have literally no one but themselves and their fans to make things go well and I see positive growth for them. They sold well, no matter what others say. They have already gone through harsh moments so they can survive what else coming.
    This event is not a Sakuzaka event so they aren't needing hinata to make the show. Its a Keyaki show. Before this fes, they already have a show. Even if its only 3rd row live. About the triumph, hinata still yet to reach keyaki peak but yeah they doing well so there is the triumph celebrations. It's funny cos keyaki fans back then were cheering but they said it was wrong. Seeing ohisamas do same shows that fans from various side aren't so different. So it shld be known too that Saku fans will rejoice too once they hit that stage and given what we see now, that shldn't bother ohisamas too.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    SakuHina aside, I'm not seeing much enthusiasm about the 3rd liner event. I saw it when it was announced and then it was engulfed by this collab thing. (worst timing ever, but I'm sadly not surprised)
    Perhaps it's only something happening on my small Sakububble, but it gives me a lot of thoughts.
    As a fan I feel we should do more, enjoy the wait more, even expecting more. It should be a chance for members to shine more, for us to promote them more, and yet all I see is talk about the SakuHinaFes.
    I dunno, it's just quite sad. My hope is that I'm just missing things and it is happening.

19. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

That's because they haven't opened ticket sales yet? As far as I know, they are doing this lottery thing for FC fans where they will win a seat. Ticket sales for non FC will open later. Hopefully international fans will be considered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

What's their ticketing platform? Some platforms like ePlus are almost impossible due to the need for a Japanese phone number, while others are more kaigai friendly.

Ticket chuusen with fanclub members doing the initial few rounds is standard practice in Japan, and they will usually get seats in front.