[GENERAL] The Hinatazaka46 thread

Discussion in 'General Hinatazaka46 Discussion' started by kanjo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Why so much negativity? I really don't get it. Both groups had their difficult moments in the past but THIS past is their OWN past. They can't just get rid of it and forget it for ever... It's what has brought them here where they both stand. This past offered so many wonderful moments for all fans (fans of either group and fans of both groups, as myself). Let us experience these moments again...

Sakurazaka and Hinatazaka were once ONE group. Even if the latter was considered "under" (note: Nogizaka vocabulary), they were a later addition to an already "unique" and peculiar group that had no senbatsu and an unprecedented solid 21-people mentality. Hiragana developed their own repertoire AND style and had their own share of "climbing the hill" and their fanbase emerged from within the Keyakizaka fanbase mostly.

But their past is undeniably common. Let's get this chance to look upon it once again and celebrate it together!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I am happy about it. (Except for the timing, since I very much doubt they'll be able to actually hold the event.) But I can also understand why people are negative.

The thing is, sorry, but no, they don't really have enough of a common past to justify this. They were one group… in name only. Other than sharing Neru, there were almost no shared activities. A few appearances on Keyakake, two seasons of Keyabingo but where most episodes had only one group of the other, and ONE song. In contrast, each group did two Sakamichi AKB songs… literally twice as much.

Personally, I think it's hogwash. They're two idol groups under the same management, so it's natural and expected that they do joint events, whatever their past may be. But yes, I can understand the other side. And if the title is going to be unwelcome by some of the fandom, well, maybe they would indeed have been better off picking something fresher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I agree. I think it's perfectly understandable why Hinatazaka fans aren't happy about this, or even some of the girls (not that they'd ever say it outright). I honestly find it odd because there's been a lot of talk (in their documentary, in their self documentary, in random TV shows) about how much the Hiragana time hurt the girls (especially 1ki). I can't understand why they're regurgitating it again (I felt that way even with them covering Sekai ai, I feel like it would have been more understandable to cover a Nogizaka song). It's even weirder by the Keyaki rebranding. I really don't understand how S&F works lol. But I do think it would be cool to see some different combinations on the third day, like the groups mixing and performing each other's songs.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. nassux

nassux Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    Twitter:
    nassuxster
    This may be quite an unpopular opinion but here are my thoughts. I only follow Hinata so my reasoning is from an Ohisama only view.

Why hold it? Number one is always money of course. If management feels there is a market for it, it is within their rights. Putting that aside, are there any other reasons?

1. Nostalgia
    Is it nostalgia? Most likely. Like many have said, the Keyaki name is dead. What was the point of renaming if you're gonna keep using it? Keyaki had a greater high than the current status of the two groups so it is leveraging on using that name. BUT with nostalgia comes the feelings of what happened before so the ones who supported Kanji has the rose-tinted glasses on with their success while the Hiragana side is reminded of the lack of opportunities.

2. History
    Hinata has always acknowledged its past, in Music Blood recently, in self-documentary, in documentary movie, in hiragana story the list goes on and on. Hinata still performs Hiragana era songs Yakusoku, DareTobe etc. to this day. If the other party doesn't, that is not on Hinata.
    If you're talking history, then it has to acknowledged that in the last joint concert, ROK18, then-Hiragana only had 3 songs to perfom. That is basically a cameo appearance. So it is not fair, to put it mildly. Are the members miffed about that? They have not said anything to that sort for I guess, PR reasons. But in Hatsumimi Miyakawa Ichirota did bring it up and said that Ohisamas at the location were sad at that. No one wants a repeat and balancing the screentime of both groups on the joint concert day would be difficult to satisfy both sets of fans.

3. Benefit
    What benefit does it give to Hinata? If you watch the recent cheerleading, some of the members are already up to their necks with activities. Why add on a summer concert with all its heat?
    As I said earlier, I believe the two groups are at different stages of their growth now and Hinata doesn't need any help growing its fanbase. What comes to mind is during Kouhaku 2019 when the 3 sakamichis did Synchronicity at Kouhaku together. That can be seen as Nogi giving a hand to its sister groups but I hated it as Nogi already has so many members and they had to share the stage with others when they each group had their own songs to perform.
    Of course, the current COVID situation has to be taken into account. Why plan for something that has a high chance of cancelling? I mean, the last Hinata concert only had 700 live audience and now they're suddenly ramping it up when the emergency is extended and vaccination is still slow.

If someone mentions that most fans are fans of both groups, I agree somewhat based on what I see on intl and jpn twitter. However, there are some that are fans of only one group, myself included. So naturally, we only consider things in the perspective of the group we support.

Lastly, my comments may be construed by some as me hating. Well, that is your prerogative but just because I don't support one group, doesn't mean I hate them. Going by that logic, I hate all groups I don't support lol. Of course this goes without saying but all my comments are on the decision to hold the concert and not on any group.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

My guess is that it's just an excuse to unearth and perform the Keyaki + Hiaragana songs once again. They are part of the groups' genesis after all.

I would have preferred a Sakamichi Festival though.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. AlterEvolver

AlterEvolver Kenkyuusei

@Philosophy Senpai The thing is.. we need to understand this joint concert have a little benefit for Hinatazaka. I agree with @nassux several points. For Sakurazaka fans its sure a happy moment when they can perform Keyaki song again. But for ohisama ( who followed them since hiragana era ) its only bring back the moment when we can only see them perform 3 songs, water-break filler performance and not even allowed to do last greeting. Our worry should be easy to understand.
    Yes, you can argue with thing will be different this time, i wouldn't mind if they will mix both member to do any keyaki songs, it will be interesting if they do that.
    And again some ppl react negatively against joint concert doesn't mean we hate sakurazaka

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. iroiroiro

iroiroiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    the 3rd row
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Pushing the girls to work and work and work without proper downtime or reasonable prep time to work up to things like challenges and concerts is how we end up with injured group members. And graduation announcements.

9. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    The reactions of the Sakura and Hinata threads are interesting to read.

To use an extreme analogy, it reminds me of the 4th of July in the US. Some will see it as a day celebrating freedom and independence, for others it just reminds them of when slavery was legal and white male property owners were the only ones who could vote.

It would be interesting to know what the girl's *actual* opinions are. When they talked about the tough times during the Hiragana era, did they intend to share their feelings for that era overall, or simply talk about the challenges of that time (without mentioning the good parts). Surely there were some good things at the time (even if not that many, and even if they aren't things they would necessarily want to go back to).

For me, I am just excited that there will be live performances of W-Keyakizaka no Uta, Neko no Namae, Taiyou wa Miageru Hito wo Erabanai* etc. again. But, if management screws up the balance of the joint concert, and someone tries to crack jokes about appearance time, I will be displeased. It would be worse if they had some kind of VTR in the middle about the history that tries to white wash what the Hiragana era was like for Hinata.

It will be interesting to see what songs are chosen for Hinata. DareTobe, etc., have already repeatedly been referred to as "popular Hinatazaka songs" in HinaAi and other TV programs multiple times, so I'm not sure if they would count as pure Hiragana songs.

*I can't remember how it is shortened.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Yeah all things should be in moderation. And the go-getter Hinatazaka girls are not the kind of people who try use that as an excuse or cop out either, I never saw a Hinatazaka girl refuse to do handshake events or sleep in for an entire arena tour. They have always been so eager to make the most of any opportunities they are given so I hope management does the right thing by them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. SI-Doitsu

SI-Doitsu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    ORICON 1st Half 2021 Photobook Ranking

Image 3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    It'll be interesting to see how many copies Kosaka's book sells.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    U hinata stans need to humble yourselves. 3 years in no hit of any nature. just be happy konno is such a big fan of this group. You think Japanese sakura fans want hinata being involved in keyaki’s outdoor schtick ? think again. it’s acc quite rude of hinatas mgmt to shove their girls with sakura again bearing in mind they have their annual xmas live.

crying woe is me about gana era like your girls haven’t done that enough on National tv for months. Give it a goddamn break. It’s been 3 years. move on.
    typical ohisama behaviour. stinks like hell.

And if you hate gana era so much y’all must’ve been crying and throwing up when they re-recorded those gana songs and brought back the gana ver of keyaki costumes :/

@AlterEvolver aw but you do hate sakurazaka :(

Mod edit: Please refrain from name-calling

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Creative Creative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. che

che Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Whoa, that escalated.
    I guess there isn't much point to engaging @paradisekiss. I'll leave my rating and move on.

As a fan of both groups, i too have mixed feelings.

Happy as a Keyaki fan, to hear their discography and watch their awesome performances.
    Perplex as an Ohisama, as i don't think they need to be there. They're busy enough as it is, and it appears some fans don't want them there.

As a Sakura fan, i'm somewhat disappointed that management didn't have enough confidence in Sakuraka to hold their own.
    It could be their relatively small discography at the moment but SnF are more than capable to introduce new/unit songs to complement the setlist (they've done concert only songs for Hinata) and if they were going to crack the keyaki vault anyways.
    I guess they're trying to milk the nostalgia for maximum profit.

That said i'll probably watch and the enjoy concert. The only thing i trust SnF can do is produce banging concerts.
    I'm sure they're mix things up and i see no reason why the screentime would be equal among the 2 groups. They've both earned it at this point.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Indeed, exhaustion IS a big issue here... Hinatazaka girls are practically everywhere and do everything. It only remains to have some kind of "Hinatazaka skits" and/or "HinaEigo" to complete the textbook definition of busy schedule. Sakura on the other hand seem to rely their choreos on 8 girls with loose rotation of the rest.

The joint concert would be tiring but RoK always have had a fun factor for the girls. It's the rest of activities that are worrying me. (Especially that cheerleading stuff annoyed me greatly as it was obvious that it weighted heavily on the girls).

17. nassux

nassux Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    Twitter:
    nassuxster
    I think someone got lost in the forum lol.

• Winner Winner x 7
  18. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    Wow! I didn't expect to see a collaboration like this. I'm happy to see the girls working together along with Sakurazaka. For a start I want to say that there's no reason to fight whenever I see a collaboration like this. Artists, workers, teachers, almost everything you can think of possible can be given the opportunity for a collaboration. When idols do collaborations with comedians they are given opportunities to shine, as any idol would, when they collaborate with a comedian. This could be in the form of a variety show, skit, radio program, MC hosting and beyond. There may be too much history and reading in depth into this situation based on what fans already know of but I hope we can see past this hurdle or work towards breaking it. Until then this is it from me and have a good day.
    Learn from the past, live in the present, and think about the future.

• Like Like x 3
  19. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    really :( but u can’t disagree at all so keep it moving.
    hope that “need Hinatazaka” bull disappears now because your group is nowhere near that kinda status. ciao.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I just watched Buzz Rhythm 02 and found out that Hinatazaka made 369 TV appearances last year. Amazing! They are practically everywhere and every day.:1st:
    They are also a bunch of eccentric and weird girls. :D Can you imagine, an idol group spends their time in the waiting room practicing Oogiri or doing a skit about founding a country or having a bug-eating party? [hehe]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2