1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Group x SHOWROOM

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by renjiro, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    There’s a feature on the app under the settings(next to the heart when you watcha stream) that’ll say video quality. Switch to original and it should give you the quality based on the girl’s phone/wifi/data rather than your own

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It's still going to be 360p 99% of the time. Even when it's larger than that, you won't see a difference while it's confined within the boundaries of the Showroom stage (and thus, when the stars and avatars are visible).

In the case of the "screenshots" posted by LarcKen there are telltale signs of AI upscaling, e.g. the poster on the wall is massively distorted, some lines on her face are blurred, her stuffed animal looks... not blurry exactly but soft, softer than it would be, and you can't actually see any real unique skin texture on her face that couldn't be seen in the original.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've noticed yesterday and today that even though I can see always fans commenting and throwing gifts, the videos in SHOWROOM now only work for me in a browser if I launch a VPN client app otherwise I just get the circling dots. Is this happening for other people? I'm wondering if SR videos have become geoblocked from the start of this month. (It's also happening for me with members of other idol groups, not just 48G.)

5. Krusha

Krusha Kenkyuusei

Yes.

So far from what I am aware of, most if not all of Europe has no access. Apparently doesn't work in Australia, Canada, various Latin/South American countries (probably all.)

I've filed a bug report, contacted SHOWROOM, asked them what was going on, and I got a vague answer that they were deliberately blocking other countries for "investigation", and did not say why, nor for how long it would last.

About a day or two later I contacted them again, asking if they could give an approximate time window for how long it would last?

And now instead of answering my question, I got a comment on how they would forward my request to the relevant department of SHOWROOM, and they apologized for the inconvenience but thanked me for my patience, and apologized for any inconvenience caused and thanked me for my understanding.

All rather vague and not really helpful. I've contacted SHOWROOM in the past, and then they've been very detailed in their response.

From what I know, USA works, Asian countries work (East Asia + some South Asian countries), and of course Japan works.

I have no idea what is going on. And another thing, is that they've usually been very good with warning users ahead of something, such as maintenance or similar, and also are quick in commenting on bugs, errors, etc. But now it's radio silence.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 6
  6. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Yup, happening to me as well since the start of the month(I'm in Australia). I thought it was just my phone and didn't tried to bother about it but then I tried watching through my PC last night first w/o VPN and didn't work but worked with VPN.

7. Joachim

Joachim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    Joche74
    They must have done changes to start this month, it worked good last weekend, and now this weekend i tried and got it up but no video, and today i tried with vpn connected to japan and that works (live in Sweden/Europe), so have they closed that to then, this is the problem to follow a group that closes all things outside of japan. :(

8. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    I'm from Spain and I have problems since June 29th...
    At the beginning I thought it was a problem with my computer but that's not the case...
    I don't undertand why they did it...

9. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    They hate foreigners.

10. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I could speculate GDPR, but that may not be 100% accurate...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hardly, otherwise they would block the site entirely like 5ch does. The only thing not working is the stream itself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz

I had the same thought as @ryandtw

Not claiming to be a privacy expert but apps that run afoul of GDPR aren't necessarily blocked but instead are hit with fines. One way to stop getting hit with the fines is to block users on the app end. This happened to some US media sites in 2018 that ended up blocking their european subscribers. Accessing through a country that doesn't GDPR let's the user in.

13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    SKE48 result
    With only 3 contestants
    1. Nakano Airi
    2. Nomura Miyo
    3. Ishizuka Mikuki
    I'm not sure if the next leg has been anounced.

16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  18. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Well, Showroom has now officially announced that they will indefinitely block viewing from all countries except
    • Japan
    • South Korea
    • Indonesia
    • USA
    • Taiwan
    • Thailand
    • Hong Kong
    • Italy
    • Philippines
    • Singapore
    • Malaysia
    • Vietnam
    • Canada

Apparently there have been "irregular" heavy loads on servers from overseas IPs. At least that's there excuse.
    So now I gotta decide if watching streams is worth paying for a VPN

19. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    @nvmea, I told you SHOWROOM was garbage since day one.

20. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Another advantage of VPN is access to AKB48 DMM and video warehouse.

University of Tsukuba VPN is free and OK. Paid is much better ofc

Some antivirus programs (McAfee e.g.) come with a VPN.