1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

5th Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by halcyon, Jul 19, 2021.

1. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

1st gen auditions took place in 2011 (36 passed)
    2nd gen auditions in 2013 (14 passed)
    3rd gen auditions in 2016 (12 passed)
    Joint Sakamichi auditions in 2018 (11 passed + 5 more from the same batch joining in 2020 for a total of 16)
    5th gen auditions in 2021
    For 10 years Nogi auditions have always taken place 2~3 years apart. Bye.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

- Nanamin grad/retire
    - Nogi announced 3rd gen audition via 46 hr tv
    - Gradcon at 5th yr BdL / 3ki introduction

- Nanase Grad
    - Sony announced Sakamichi Joint audition (4ki)
    - Gradcon at 7th Yr BDL / 4ki Intro

- Asuka Grad??
    - Nogi announced 5ki audition
    - Gradcon at 10th yr BdL ?? / 5ki Intro?

• Informative Informative x 5
  3. orangemint

orangemint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Koyabu Kazutoyo
    I'm not really familiar with Hello Project so I didn't know, that's interesting.

Yeah, I'd like to see some older girls join too. I suppose they would end up with a lot more applications to work through if they didn't have an age limit or if they increased it though so it makes sense. It would be fun to have a group made up of adult members like SDN48 but I guess they disbanded for a reason and maybe it isn't a profitable concept.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Just my point!

The main problem with lots of girls in a group is that you have a little chance to promote every face on media. It would be great that we would have so many "colors" in one group but mgmnt must be careful. Or Nogizaka possibly could another "HS-only for fan made group", and they are lost their luxury status. It's great to be fan of group full of top models, actress, musicians etc that you see on TV, e-media, but not so cool being fan just idols who doing only HS and perform only in their concert in the last row. It's the main charm of Nogizaka. They are special. Even newbie.

And of course I don't know what's number of girls is OK for SONY being strong enough to promote new faces. Maybe next gen is a perfect idea. Maybe 100 girls is OK. I'm just not sure...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Totally on point STS. You're saying better than me what's one of the problems with Nogi here.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    If only no one is graduating, then there is no need to call for this 5th gen audition. But the reality of idols is that they are not there forever. There has been 14 members graduated after 4th gen was announced, 17 with Momoko, Junna and Miria, maybe there will be more by December. How are they going to survive if they don't call for new gen?

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

They'll be doing a group of three auditions too :lol:.
    Anyway, it feels as if, it was just recent that we got 3ki audtions and now here we are going for 5

8. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    I'm interested to see how this small group audition process goes.

And also the kenshusei period between October and December. I wonder if the selected kenshusei members will actually get a chance to do anything before being culled for the final selection in December.

9. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    To put it clear about the Kenshuusei / trainee thing, they point it out in the website that becoming a Kenshuusei doesn't guarantee that all of them will debut. The training period itself is part of the audition process (as in being culled later on in December like what halcyon said).
    image.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

I dont get why people against an audition for new girls. Nogizaka has been formed with a lot of members, yes, 36 is a lot. If you are not good with it, why didn't you pick another group to support at the first place?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  11. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Trying to find out which member that read the narration in audition CM. Here is what I got.
    誰にも言えていない、夢がある?(I thought it was Nibu Akari of Hinatazaka46 or Sayaka. But, after listening to it several time, it sound like Asuka.)

あの人のどこに、憧れている? (Kakki or Kubo)

本気で、泣いて笑って、青春してる? (Sakura?)

背中を押してくれる何かを、待ってる?(Zukki)

たった一度の夏、(Renka)

たった一度の、きみへ。(Seira?)

乃木坂46 新メンバー 募集開始 (Yoda)

12. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

また、齋藤飛鳥(22)、山下美月(21)、与田祐希(21)、遠藤さくら(19)、賀喜遥香(19)がナレーションを務め、メンバーからの等身大の応援メッセージを届けるオーディション告知CM「たった一度のきみへ」編が19日から全国で放映される。さらにオーディション開催に合わせて特設サイトを開設する。

応募期間は19日正午から8月10日午後5時まで。応募方法はWEB応募で、新メンバーの合格発表は12月を予定している。

1st sentence Kaki

2nd sentence Sakura

3rd sentence Mizuki

4th Yoda

5th Yoda

• Like Like x 1
  13. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    You can easily survive with a group of less than 30 members if they're good. Watch Hinatazaka or Sakurazaka. The problem here is in Nogi.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  14. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

For NogiLLC it isnt about surviving
    Its more about dominating

They have their most success with 40 members in 2018.

Seed and Flower also have their peak when they have 40 members in 2018.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

Yes, let’s compare two groups in which the first generation is still more or less intact (hina literally only has 1 1st gen grad) to a 10 years old group where only 7 members out of 36 are still around (and by next year we will probably only have 2-3 of them left) and where both aces of the gen (Maiyan and Naa-chan) have left. I am sure we are not comparing apples to oranges here. Nogizaka was in that situation you keep talking about in 2016-2017 or so, not now.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    But that's the point. Quantity over quality. What you really think is needed to make the group still strong and popular? Getting just a few but really good members and invest on them to make them huge like Nogi's original aces or have a group full of members like Yoshida Ayano Christie, Sato Kaede, Ito Riria, Nakamura Reno, Mukai Hazuki, Matsuo Miyu, Shibata Yuna, Kuromi Haruka, Yakubo Mio, Hayashi Runa etc. which no one who doesn't strongly follow the group even remembers, don't have any way to shine and are even terrible on HS? Do you really think that's what the group needs to be still strong? They can keep decent CD sales but the problem is all the rest. Good luck with that.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

11 3rd gens + 16 4th gens makes 27
    Still a bit to go until 36

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    The difference is that in Nogi's 1st gen even if they were already too many, there was quantity and quality. Most of the members were really strong and huge and even the not so popular ones found a way to make the group stronger on different ways. Something that didn't happen with next gens. A few really popular ones (but no way near to 1st gen's aces force...) and a lot of filler members still unuseful and without a way to shine cause they're not talented/interesting. Just bland girls that are making the group more boring and average and less interesting.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

There it is. Thank you for naming names. If Nogizaka doesn't hold any auditions for let say another year or two, do you think those members you say 'doesn't have quality' will graduate so that all that remain are only those (to you) good members?

The main issue here (again to you) is there are members you don't like and members you like are scattered among 3 Sakamichi groups. The same old complaint coming from you.

There is no way they can predict how good or popular a member can be. You think management will just kick out those 'weak' HS members? Newsflash: it doesn't work that way.

What if the next to graduate are Ikuta and Takayama and Asuka? In the next two years, what if more "quality" members decide to graduate and all those names you seem to hate decide to stay longer than those members you consider quality, what then? Gonna complain some more?

Wake up, those quantity with quality 1st generation you are talking about are long gone. That's another problem you have. You just can't move on. And you hate more than appreciate the younger generation. Talk with management, maybe you can give them advice about your ideal idol group.

• Winner Winner x 10
  20. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Somewhat interestingly, yesterday when the website was first released, they put the name SEED & FLOWER LLC along with with Nogizaka LLC and other corresponding Sony Music companies on the website footer. People have been talking about it a lot on Twitter, as to why S&F is included, which I personally think doesn't really matter. The companies are all under Sony anyway.
    However, today I checked it again and S&F's name is already gone.

EDIT: Not my business, but what's the point on talking to a wall?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1