Single SKE48 28th [Ano Koro no Kimi wo Mitsuketa] (2021/09/01)

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Jun 25, 2021.

1. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    For SKE, yes.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It's all a bit meh, but I haven't clicked with anything SKE since Maenomeri, so what's new.

I don't approve of having such a young center again, but I imagine it's their way of passing the baton. From the graduation single of the last first gen to the youngest member of the latest recruits.
    Watch her be dropped from senbatsu by the next single and her graduate in a year with SKE's luck ñññ

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

I love the song and the video. While I know it's a lot of pressure I kinda hope they push Mirei to the moon going forward. She's done nothing but impress me and I think she could be the first successful full blown push by management rather than the half pushes/throwing girls a bone we've seen again and again from them these last few years since, well... honestly I think the last one was HKT's Sakura really.
    PS: Isn't Mirei the same age in this as Jurina was in Oogoe Diamond way back when? Much as I'd love her to become the next Jurina for the group they're laying their potential intentions on a little thick here.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Jurina was 11 when Oogoe Diamond was released (March 1997 - October 2008), but I myself also thought of Jurina when I found out how young Mirei is.

I love the song and MV for it! It's actually better than Ne mo Ha mo Rumor imo... I like the typical idol style music, I love the vibrance and happiness emiting from the MV and Mirei looks super cute. I hope she's gonna go far! SKE48 might have a new star in her if they help her deal with the pressure

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I think it is an error to try to compare Mirei to Jurina, even though it is inevitable. They didn't debuted in the same context.
    She hasn't been pushed straight to the center of an AKB48, then an SKE48 single, and I hope the management took it's time to properly evaluate what they can do with her.
    She has the talent in dancing to be placed at the position, not sure about leading the group, it is also a lot of pressure and she has so little experience for now.

6. Ririe

Ririe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagatomo Ayami
    It's really fresh and cute, but nothing outstanding. I love the outfits, even though they're kinda basic, I also think we never had any quite like these. I love Mirei and she fits the center really well. Wishing her the best career in SKE!!

7. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    It's the best they could do, giving the center position to Mirei.
    She's young, fresh & very cute.
    Sadly we don't know if she turns in another Jurina... or in another Obata Yuna (fingers crossed).

I didn't know much about her but after this joyful center energy & amazing performance I adore her & hope she will center everything (except for Dasu's, Nao's & Kuma's graduation singles).

Cheers SKE48 reborn.

8. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    haven't been able to watch the mv yet unfortunately, but as a huge mirei fan, my heart sank when i read that she's the center of the new single. like i hate to baby idols but it makes me a little uncomfortable knowing a 12 year old is centering an ske single. and i know jurina did it too but it doesn't sit right with me. i hope mirei has a good support system because this is a lot of pressure for a kid. that aside, i'm happy for her i guess? looking forward to when i get a chance to watch the mv. seeing her rise and her push in real time has been exciting and i hope she has a lot of success in the group

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    OK Google why the views are so poor? Song is really good

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Loved the colours and scenery in the MV. I haven't followed Mirei that much before, but she felt like a natural fit for the center position. The song itself was maybe on the safe side, but I've been craving for these nostalgic 48G sounds for a while so I'm happy!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    For me I am a little conflicted. The center is 12 and I am in my 30s now, it's hard for me to really want to support throwing a very young KKS right into the center position. She's way to young (in my opinion of course). The song itself is very safe and typical for SKE48 and the PV is very colorful (also very SKE48). This single could be a hit, but it could also be a miss with the center being a literal child (not even a young teen).

I hope that the next single has an older center.

(And everyone here should know that most of the fanbase is men, so that adds a whole other layer of oof to this.)

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Dragonkiller12012

To those saying Mirei is uncomfortably young, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most centers/aces start off young? And the fanbase being mostly male really isn't something within the group's control. It's one of those variables you just have to work with, like the badge boost glitch in the gen 1 Pokemon games, or the way that male idols have to deal with the inverse "female gaze" because of their primarily female fanbases in counter to the "male gaze" that female idols have to regularly deal with because of their primarily male fanbases.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Jijipress report on the MV filming

if the video does not show watch the video here

14. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    12 is very young for a 48g center, Jurina was even young back in the day. 14-15 seems to be more 'normal' and that's fine, but 12? She literally just graduated elementary school. It's pretty extreme!

15. Dragonkiller12012

@Kinenbi - Fair enough, for the 48s it is younger than their usual. Still the extreme part only kicks in when you take your approach and zoom in on the 48s. Elsewhere in their industry it's pretty common place for idols in the ace and center positions to start at age 12 or 13 and be gone from their groups by the last year of the time the more normal starting age of aces and centers in the 48 groups is of 14-16.

16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Video guide to the online 2-shot event for this single with Dasu, Hinano and Miyo:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  17. luamos

luamos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina~SKE48 hako-oshi
    umm Jurina didnt 15 when she became center, she was 11 when she choosed as center for akb48 and ske48 both and was center for years since her 11 years old.

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Most members were teenagers back in 2008. We have now members in their 30’s (Yukirin) and approaching (Dasu, Minarun, etc), so having such a young girl fronting the group is weird.

It would be different if they debuted a new group and they were mostly of the same age.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sayaka.Sakura92

Sayaka.Sakura92 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Mirei is really young, but I like her as center (and I didn't know her before because I'm not really up to date about SKE48 :^^;:). I also like the song and I think the MV is beautiful. A good release in my opinion :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. luamos

luamos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina~SKE48 hako-oshi
    But in AKB and SKE when they debut, 1st gen and 2nd gen members werent in same age, they had pretty young members such as Jurina, Miichan, Kayano and Manami etc with pretty older members such as mariko, mieppi, haruka, Mai, Kazumi. So age difference and age variation always had in AKB and SKE. They never debuted as same age members group. NMB, STU, NGT and especially HKT was like you said " same age members" mostly but in AKB and SKE didnt like that. Especially in SKE there was pretty much age difference since debut. Mieppi 86', Haruka 87', Akisun 88' while baby line Jurina 97', Kuumin Late of 94', Sayuki November 96, and Tsukina 95 borned. in 2nd gen was like that too. Had Manatsu and Anna borned in 96-97 and a few more 96-97 line and others were born in 86-91

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1