1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yahagi Moeka (Moechan) / Draft 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Hugglepuff, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

2021/08/29 Yahagi Moeka - TikTok Live

if the video does not show watch the video here

Moeka's TikTok live stream from 29th August, as usual she talks and sings some songs! At first, I think she talked about driving? She also said something like she feels like she's growing since she goes to different places/shops to buy her clothes now. Then she talked about how she cut her hair a little. She looks so cute in these casual clothes *-* The singing parts:

7:35 Neko to Allergy - Kinoko Teikoku
    13:55 Original Song by Yahagi Moeka

The first song is a cover, I really love this cover *-* Moeka's voice <3 She said that she wanted to sing this song to fans because of the lyrics, it's such a nice song ;w; then later she sings one of her own songs, it's the song that she revealed on 24th August. This song is really good *-* I love how she started to whistle at the end, maybe she's going to include this once she records it in studio, it would be great! I wonder when is her solo debut and when can we finally get studio versions of all her songs ;w; I would listen to them all the time <3

At the end, Moeka talked about video games, then she talked about which car she would want to have, she said she wants a Bentley. She thanked everyone, and then ended the stream!

Some screenshots from the live stream:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

2021/08/29 Twitter updates #1 and #2 (she thanked for the TikTok live from that day):

001.jpg 002.jpg

2021/08/30 Instagram update: "Showing my forehead for the first time~!! #Headband"
    2021/09/01 Instagram update: "Did I tell you that I can now drink cafe latte?"
    2021/09/01 Instagram story video (watch here): "Going to my vocal lesson!"

003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg

2021/09/01 [Link to TikTok]

Moeka wrote on Twitter: "I love the lyrics of this song~! I used the lyrics of the second chorus! Thank you to the stars who give me dreams." and in her TikTok description, she said something about her expression at the very end, so I included a screenshot of it ^^ She sounds really good as usual, I'm glad that she still uploads singing videos often <3

006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg

2021/09/02 Twitter update: "This is the whistle star"
    2021/09/03 Instagram update: "Peach make-up?"
    2021/09/04 Instagram update: "#Flowers ✿"

009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Earlier this month, Moeka's TikTok passed 300k likes in total, congrats!
    Don't hesitate to watch her TikToks and make sure to give her "likes" <3

001.jpg

2021/09/07 Instagram update: "Am I the only one who likes this part of the cat? Fluffy
    Something that made me happy today~!
    A fan who has been supporting me for a very long time sent a photo taken before wedding, I feel healed. Saying things like "I'm on a date right now", I received a lot of pictures through direct mail... Before you know it, it was "I bought a wedding ring" and "I took a picture before (the wedding)". Really, congratulations for your marriage! Be happy~!!
    During these times, I didn't have the opportunity to talk with everyone face-to-face... I'm really happy if everyone tells me what you're doing and the things you like through SNS! Thank you always~. Let's do our best in life~!
    Lastly, a photo of the supreme potato salad."

002.jpg 003.jpg

2021/09/07 [Link to TikTok]

Moeka wrote on Twitter: "Latte-kun looking at the camera is so cute (cat face emoticon)" and her TikTok description says "Kitty (cat face emoticon)". The video is short and very cute :3

004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg

2021/09/10 Instagram update: "This dress, I saw it long ago in Shimokitazawa, but it was a little expensive so I gave up on it~.
    A few months later, when I happened to pass by, it was still in the back of the shop, so I finally picked it up! I love one pieces. #tdl"

009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg

Moeka's Instagram stories from 7th September, 9th September (watch the video here!) and 11th September. She looks so pretty <3

012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Moeka isn't with a label/agency right now, is she?

5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    She did join Avex but the only thing I can find about her on their website is the following page from July about her birthday digital live event:

https://avexnet.jp/news/detail.php?id=1007939

6. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Moeka has always been rumored to be with Avex since right after her graduation, but as David said, Avex doesn't really list her on the official website. All sources to Moeka being in Avex point to a Nikkan news article that just said Moeka is with Avex.

I will admit I don't follow Moeka much post-graduation, but I remember her first live after she resume activities she said that she isn't currently with anyone.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It would be great if she could sign with a proper label and come out as a soloist... she definitely has the talent, and already an ensemble of songs to choose from.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Actually I think Moeka is signed to Avex. First, it was announced on articles by quite reliable sources? Then she had an article on Avex's site linked above. But also, when Naachan joined Avex, during her live stream, someone asked about Moeka, and Naachan said that she is happy that Moeka is in Avex. Both of them still keep in touch since Naachan said that her profile picture on Youtube was picked by Moeka, so I think this pretty much confirms it? Also, Moeka has a manager and staff, and also lessons, which means she probably has an agency.

But yes I do think it's weird, they announced this 3 months ago and she still doesn't have a profile on Avex's site or any information. I think maybe they're waiting until her debut date is decided to really make a promo and introduce her as their artist, but it's kinda weird that they say nothing, it would be good if they let us know. So far she is still revealing original songs every now and then (but mostly covers now) and we know she composed more than 30 songs but I don't know if all of them are ready (complete with 2nd verses etc.) maybe she works now to make the songs full and to pick which songs she would debut with. I have a feeling that her debut won't be for 2021 ._. I hope we hear good news before the year ends at least!

9. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    To me, that Nikkan Article looks like a leak. I mean, I believe Moeka is in Avex, but it's not public yet. Thus, there's weird situation where no official source will officially confirm this.

Though if she keep contact with Naachan, she might actually be in Avex Asnaro rather than the main Avex. (That is, a branch of Avex specialize in dealing with AkiP idols)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

2021/09/11 Yahagi Moeka - Instagram Live

Moeka was live on IG on 11th September for 40 minutes (this video is longer but it ends at around 39:00). There's also another fan who recorded it but not in full, that upload is without comments on screen though so I'll link it for anyone interested: here. I wish I knew how to record IG and TikTok lives myself (without comments on screen). I tried but it had issues ;w;

For this live stream, Moeka only talked and answered questions, I think she wants to sing in TikTok lives and talk in IG lives. For those of you wondering, she's using a filter so her face's shape is kinda different haha. She starts by talking about what she did lately, how she goes to cafes to write lyrics, she talked about her cat, about her clothes, she often answered about make-up, which makes me think that a good amount of her fans are girls (like me ;D). Someone asked her about Sasshi's make-up brand and she said that she knows it and it's cute!

At 5:52, Moeka reads an english comment that says "How are you doing? I love you" and she answers with "Me too!". This is cute to hear her speak english ;w; She was asked about her diet and she said that many people asked her, but she couldn't reply until now. I think she said that dieting has often been an issue for her and how 'diets' where you don't eat at all don't work (she talked about it for a long time and I think generally, this is what she meant). She said that she encouraged herself by looking at before/after pictures, she started changing her eating habits, she stopped eating candies, she started doing sports and muscle training and she took proteins. Then she talked a bit about games, and she talked about watching ASMR in Youtube. She mentions at the beginning and end about "cafe au lait" (milk coffee), not sure if it's the name of a place or if she just said that she loves to drink milk coffee LOL.

At 22:40, there's an AKB-related question, I'm not sure what it means so I tried to understand and I think it asks if she has painful/bitter memories in AKB (correct me if I'm wrong o_o). Moeka answered that it was 2 happy years then she went to the next question. For information, Moeka didn't pick the question, there's a feature during IG live where it selects comments (and it appears in the bottom) and this comment was selected which is why she reads it and tried to answer, very quickly haha

At 24:45, she mentions a "jimusho" (agency?), I talk about this since we had a discussion about her being signed or not, this also reminds me that in the past she has posted photos and videos on IG stories where she is with people who seem to be staff, who are taking photos of her, sometimes it seems to be photoshoots (but so far nothing was released, so I'm not sure what it was for >.<). So this gives us a bit more to confirm that she is indeed probably signed.

She was asked about composing, she said that it's fun and that she gets inspirations from watching movies and reading mangas, and it makes her think of melodies. I think she said that initially she wasn't good at writing lyrics but she worked on it and learned. She said that she listens to music from the world to learn about music (she's really passionate >.<)

At 37:00, I think Moeka said that she had a call with Juri? She also mentions Sasshi after. I'm not sure of what she said, but I'm glad if she keep in touch with the members who she was close to! She also talked about having lunch with her sister recently and that her sister is doing well.

That's all for this live! Some screenshots (I took them from the shorter upload since in the long one, her face is covered by comments almost all the time LOL). She's so cute <3

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

2021/09/11 Instagram update: "'It's a hassle to decide on which clothes to wear every morning~ I miss my uniform~' I've had this thought after a while.
    Photo from my graduation day. By the way, I still don't realize it. I feel like I'm just on a much longer spring break. lol
    I didn't throw away any of the gym clothes, uniforms or text books that I had in middle school or high school... Even if I don't use them. How about you?"
    (She also uploaded the same photos in Twitter and wrote "JK~~!!!" which is a japanese abbreviation for 'joshi kousei' = high school girl)

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

2021/09/12 Instagram updates: (1st photo) "✿"
    (2nd-4th photos) "What did you eat~?"

004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg

2021/09/13 Twitter update: (written by staff) "Former member of the computer club, I tried to make a gif. See you tonight at 21:00 on TikTok."
    Moeka quoted the tweet by the staff and wrote: "What is this~!! lol. It was taken by the person next to me during the meeting.. wow." she signed with "Moeka (frog emoticon)" <3
    Check the tweet to see the gif of Moeka typing on the computer ^^

Moeka's Instagram stories from 11th September (watch the video here) and 13th September!

008.jpg 009.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

2021/09/13 Yahagi Moeka - TikTok Live

Moeka's live from a month ago (I watched it live but I'm a little late in posting it here, LOL). She had some issues with the sound here, her voice is too low and if you listen with earphones, the sound is only on the left side. This time she was with the piano and did some singing! She said that she will sing 3 songs, first it's a cover of a song that the fans love (it was requested by fans), it's the song "Tada Kimi ni Hare" by Yorushika and she sings it at 4:30 on the first video. She sounds great! *-* <3 I like how she was humming it after she finished, so cute. then for the 2 other songs, she asked fans if they want her original song or a cover of a song that she likes and fans replied that they want her original song, this made her surprised and happy, she always gets surprised when fans request her original songs, maybe she doesn't know that we really love her songs >.< So she decided to save the original song for last, and she did a cover of a song that she likes, it's the song "Nijuuku, Sanjuu" by CreepHyp, she sings it at 10:00 on the first video. She said the original is with guitar but she played it with the piano. She made a mistake while playing so she restarted her cover, she's so cute haha. and she sounds so good *-*

After that, she sings her original song "Shake It" (the first song that she revealed after her return) at 1:20 in the second video. I love her voice ;w; and because the live stream wasn't long and she still had time and the fans asked for it, she decided to sing another one of her original songs "Encore", at 4:40 in the second video. She only did a short part and her voice cracked, her reaction was too cute XD She stopped and then continued singing after. well this song is really high, and this kind of thing happens LOL it was a cute moment >.<

Moeka was so adorable in this live stream, with her hoodie, and she was really excited (she said it herself), she smiled a lot <3 At some point she also shows her guitars at the back (I think there are like 5?), that was cool. At the very end when she said goodbye, she randomly tried catching cat hair that was in the air LOL. Some screenshots <3

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

2021/09/14 Instagram updates: (1st photo) "My friend~" (2nd photo) "#ShadowCloneTechnique Carrot"
    2021/09/15 Instagram updates: (3rd photo) "Ah~ What should I do~ The deadline for lessons is in less than 2 months~~" (it's about her driving license)
    (4th-7th photos) "Competent photographer Yahagi mom"

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg

2021/09/18 Twitter update: "Yahagi mom's camera ❤ I stopped by a cafe in the neighborhood~.!"

008.jpg 009.jpg

2021/09/18 [Link to TikTok]

010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg

Moeka wrote on Twitter: "I posted it~. Suiheisen! I'll never forget the view of the city of Tokyo from the plane. The city that sparkled so brightly that it hurt my eyes, it was amazing!", in TikTok she wrote: "Tell me the most unforgettable moment in your life~ ✿". The song that she's singing is "Suiheisen" (it means "Horizon") by Back Number. She sounds beautiful ;_; <3

Moeka's Instagram stories from 13th September (she wrote that she wants to do TikTok lives every other Sunday) and from 18th September with her cat (watch the video here) so cute!

013.jpg 014.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Informative Informative x 3
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Hmm well, I really didn't expect this... o_o But actually, Moeka didn't update her social medias since the beginning of this month, and I thought that maybe she's taking a break, or maybe she's getting ready for her solo debut, but it turns out that this is what happened. I guess this is why she's been quiet. it's sad that she doesn't have an agency anymore, even though Avex didn't do anything special for her so far (it was kinda weird how nothing was ever announced) so I hope she finds another agency and hopefully she can release all her songs someday! and hopefully she's not going to dissapear now ;w; This is what she wrote in her IG Story today:

"To everyone who always supports me; This time, I have decided to end my contract with Avex, which I have been affiliated to for a year and a half. I would like to express my gratitude to all the people at the office who have taken care of me. It was a big decision for me, but I will continue to pursue my music career, so I would like to ask for your support. Yahagi Moeka"

I'm glad that she's not giving up on her career, I hope she still plans to debut as solo! I need to have the studio versions of her songs. >.< and I'll keep supporting her, of course. Later I'll post the rest of the updates that she did in September, and then we'll see what she does next. I hope she will continue doing live streams and upload videos on TikTok etc. ;w;

16. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Sad reading the news! :( I hope This means she has found an agency more important for her

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    There are speculations (or rather, hopes) going around that Moeka might audition for Sashihara Rino's idol group. The timing would match well, because they've just announced auditions for a third group to be added to Sasshi's emporium. And Moeka was very close to Sasshi

• Like Like x 1
  18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

So we'll pencil in April 2023 as Moeka's graduation announcement from Sasshi's group! (sorry. couldn't resist :lol:)

Avex is a good agency, they probably just don't see enough profit in launching Moeka as a solo pop artist which costs an absolute ton of money. They probably had loads of acting/mc work offered to her which she didn't want.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I wonder if Moeka already has a plan since she's not posting updates anywhere, I mean if she doesn't have an agency or anything then there shouldn't be any reason to stay quiet... Let's wait and see if she posts updates in the next days/weeks. if she stays quiet then I think it would mean that she already has a project probably... at least this time, we know that she won't give up her career, it's a lot better than last time when we had no idea what she's going to do with 1,5 year of silence...

I saw about the possibility of Moeka joining Sasshi's group, and honestly it would be a good thing... I always wanted to follow =LOVE but never did it, I sometimes check the news about Sasshi's groups and they seem nice and well promoted. Not too many members, some good songs, nice clothes, regular releases/shows/events, quite popular etc. I think this can be good for Moeka if she's there. After all her career as idol was too short and she does well as an idol. and also it's nice for her if she works with Sasshi because she would be friend with her boss LOL. The only sad thing is that she prepared so much for a solo debut and she has a lot of songs ready, but if she does join Sasshi's group, I don't think they have solo releases? Maybe it could happen for her since she has all the songs ready and all (but it's not very "idol" type of songs though) idk. it would be sad and such a waste if these songs are never released ._.

Anyway I'll be happy if she signs to another agency and debut as solo or if she joins Sasshi's group and she's back at being an idol, I just hope that one of the 2 happens >.<

20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    They don't have solo releases in the sense that they have individual singles like Takamina, Tomochin, etc did while with AKB48, but there are some members of both =LOVE and ≠ME who have solo songs.

≠ME Tomita Nanaka - Kuuhaku no Hana

^This was actually released as a digital single on its own and people were very surprised why Nanaka got a solo song. She is the center of ≠ME, but Sasshi said it has nothing to do with that. She just had an idea for a song and when it was done, it just felt like a Nanaka solo. The group hadn't had any official releases yet (except b-sides on =LOVE singles), so this was quite a big deal.

=LOVE Morohashi Sana - My Voice Is For You

^This was the first solo song released by an =LOVE member

=LOVE Saito Nagisa - Geneki Idol Chu

^This song is like... the most Naatan song it could possibly be. It is so perfect for her personality and image.

=LOVE Noguchi Iori - Haikei Anata-sama

^Also very fitting for her personality. It was part of the same album as Nagisa/Naatan's solo song.

Not many so far, but they're slowly getting there. I can imagine there will be more and I bet the ≒ group will also have solo songs, if any of their members have a strong enough voice and/or personality. They also have songs that aren't solo songs but focus on certain members (Todoite Love You about Saito Nagisa; Kiara, Tasuke Kitazo about Saito Kiara, Sweetest Girl about Otani Emiri, etc.)

• Like Like x 1