1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 58th (Ne mo Ha mo Rumor) [2021/09/29)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, May 23, 2021.

1. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

And? It's nothing new. Btw, 1st verse dance pracitce and full song dance practice also reach 2M views.

Fromis_9 and Weeekly sold their albums in Japan? When they can sell many as AKB48, we will talk about it again. :hmm:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I guess this is gonna be my last post answering @welp 's comments.

First of all, a lot of ppl here have brought up interesting points about how male idol groups* don't have to resort to handshake to sell well. Yet, did you notice that a lot of female idol groups tend to rely on handshake-related events? Not all ofc , but a lot have adopted similar concepts. (Low selling male idols do use this tactics as well so yeah it's not all..)

About photo gimmicks, I'm not sure. They are kinda similar in a way for this case. AKB used to release tons of versions with different photos and didn't some fans treat them as collectibles too?

In fact, Johnny idol groups sell more photos and fan items separately at their own store. Similar like AKB, but Johnny's items from the official store seems to be very difficult to get esp if they are of popular members. I'm not sure about Be:First and INI though.

I'm not saying that female fans are better than male fans (or vice versa) and i apologize if that's the impression I was giving. It seems however that female fans TEND to spend more (in long term) with the least benefit given to them, while male fans seems to be RELATIVELY more dependant on the benefit (i.e handshake). That's why male idols don't have to resort to meet-and-greet events. In fact, Johnny idols used to sell their 'exclusivity' until 2020.

(I do believe the systems do play a part in this. Like male idols were crafted to sell on loyalty but female idols always favors regeneration? not just in AKB but it's like regeneration is a concept in female idol groups more than male one).

Again, female fans tend to be more forgiving (sometimes, blindsidedly) when it comes to supporting their male idols. again, it's relative. Well even that scumbag matchy still had their fanbase after that Nakamori Akina scandal LOL. Also EHM Yamapi. EHM Tegoshi Yuya. (Also there was this actor who had moderate female fanbase. He was found to be a crazy cheater and womanizer. And guess what? he made a cameback by making his cheating into a gag. he didn't get as many project as before ... but he still sells... that's japan for u).

Anyway, Japan vs Korea have the same problems with herd mentality. Yeah, 'rebellious' songs and movies are popular but the country is largely conservative and treats heterogenousity (出る杭は打たれる) with a much more careful, pragmatic view. (That's why woke concepts are not widely accepted there. even among youngsters) So i'm not sure why u even bring that up. I guess what u meant was UNITY. Within akb, fans formed a birthday committee, showing up at HS and planning good suprise for their idols. That's just within AKB group, anyway. So they are equally organized? Korea just has better visibility on the English-based social media. (and the truck thingy didn't seem to be a common concept in Japan..but japan and korea fanbases can be equally dedicated).

ANYWAY/ TLDR: Comparing female idol groups to male idols are like comparing apples and oranges. Even within female groups there are so many different contexts so why add another confounding variables?

TLDR2: 300K is not perfect but it's good start! (and tbh i'm relieved they didn't do another let's-dance-together songs like Koichun lol :')

i'm writing this in the middle of dawn so i'm sorry for the grammatical errors in this post LOL. (as always anyway)

ps2: on the other hand female fans can be very antagonistic towards female idols they once like, though. ehm Ayu and Koda Kumi hahaha.. what a strange world tbh

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    STELLAθ cover:

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. qpet

qpet Future Girls

and I thought @Aka -neck's post was weird
    I was wrong

5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Chinese dance troupe Mr.kids

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Team B members (from Chori's YT channel):

• Like Like x 2
  7. welp

welp Next Girls

Said that to the one comparing I.O.I to Wannaone in the first place.

Actually, male idols did some physical contact events too. It was a news about Nu'Est, before it got big, scheduled for an exclusive event in Japan where 40 obasan fans would get their feet washed by the member. Someone said such activities was not that uncommon in J-pop and the ticket for such event would be very expensive. (The event was later canceled due to harsh backlashes from Korean fans.) I also read about a Japanese boy group selling tickets for an exclusive party.

I saw a fan commented that AKB's photoset was released too frequently that it became over-supplied thus its value lost. The quality of collectible items enclosed with J CD was poorer than K one too. (Also applied to the quality of K-pop groups' K vs. J releases.)

South Korea has much stronger collective culture and it results different K-pop fan culture/fans' behaviors. K-pop fan culture is extremely group-oriented. That special purpose team thing you brought up was leagues beneath. You now can see cross-over as some fans supporting supporting both K-pop and J-pop groups.

The image/concept of the group results how vulnerable the group is to scandal. Zoc was a female idol group but, the damage was mild when a member was exposed of a bad scandal.

Your idea on male vs. female idol definitely is gravely flawed. K-pop agencies always use same tactics on both their male and female idol groups.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    @welp No one cares what government subsidised K-pop does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    @welp in short what are you trying to prove ?

10. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Just a friendly reminder ... please don't stray too far from topic

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. IkemenSteelD

IkemenSteelD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    off topic post deleted. (see dutchie's post above)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2021
  12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    'Ne mo Ha mo Rumor' performance today on 'Best Hits Kayosai' (credit to uploader):

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    AKB史上最高難度
    The hardest ever in AKB history. That means it is even harder than UZA.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. manamohisama

manamohisama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyata Manamo
    Seeing naachan with open mic, I’m curious, out of all senbatsu members, who else other than naachan, yukirin and yuiri that we can trust to have open mic?

15. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    I think it is.

16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    PanDance studio full choreo practice

• Like Like x 1
  17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Yuihan's last MSte appearance as an AKB member... :(

19. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    among the 58th senbatsu, I would add Yokohama-team a, oguri, okabe, honda, and kuranoo

20. welp

welp Next Girls

Sony Music Japan, Yoshimoto Kogyo and Vernalossom are no one. I see.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1