1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kato Rena (Renacchi) / 10th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Jun 29, 2010.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The whole show

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

^Her speech starts around min 49:10

3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I watched the whole live stream when it aired, since it was obvious that this would be for Renacchi's graduation and I wanted to see it ;w; I have to say, I really love that they did this for Renacchi. There are members here for her, mostly older girls, her only remaining same gen friend Annin, one of her closest friend (and graduated/retired member) Nattsun, the staff who worked with her through the years... it's so nice that all of them gathered for this moment that is important for Renacchi ;w; I like that they made Chiyori as the MC because she's funny, and thanks to her, the atmosphere was nice and comfortable rather than too serious. Everyone said very good things about Renacchi and it was great to go through her career in AKB and seeing some old videos of her like her audition, speech at team shuffle, making of music videos, Renacchi sousenkyo etc. it made me nostalgic to see this because I almost forgot her old hairstyles (and general styling) from back then ;w; She was so cute and pretty <3 and of course she's still so pretty! it made me miss those times... ;_; I also love that she received video messages from Natsumikan (because of Renacchi sousenkyo) and Kojiharu (because of when Kojiharu worked on a Renacchi photoshoot).

and then she announced her graduation, as expected. Honestly, with the rumors before and with this live stream being announced yesterday and the theme of it, it was obvious that she would announce her graduation here and I've been expecting it since like 1-2 months already. I'm not "sad" about it because I know that she had a very nice and long career as idol (it's been almost 12 years, she debuted March 2010 and will graduated February 2022 so basically 12 years), she had a good push for quite a lot of those years and it was great seeing her in senbatsu, in dramas, etc. Sadly she suddenly lost her push around the beginning of 2018 which was one of the times where she looked the best visually (to me) and when she improved when it comes to performing... I'm surprised that she stayed for 4 more years after this and at the same time, I'm really happy that she did, it was nice that she accepted her situation, I could feel that she actually likes being an idol and loves AKB in her own way. if she left right away after 2018, it might have been a sad ending and not satisfying, but since she stayed for longer and stayed positive about her position in the group, now her idol career is ending in a good way and it feels complete <3

But even though I'm not "sad" or surprised that she's graduating, I still felt sad when she read her letter and cried T_T it was so touching ;_; She doesn't cry so often but she cried a lot here. it was nice how she received a letter from her parents and a phone call from her sister ;_; and seeing all the other members there crying was touching too ;_; especially when they performed Tanpopo no Kesshin... Mogi was crying so much aw ;_; it almost feels like this live show was a graduation event for Renacchi, it was perfect, I love that they did this <3 it had actually quite a lot of people watching it live and a lot of people commenting in the chat (the video has now 234k views and 3800 likes, it's a lot), it made me happy to see the support <3

About Renacchi's graduation, it seems like it will be on 20th February. and for her future goal, she wants to study and work as a beautician (make-up etc.), this makes me think that she won't be active in the industry anymore, I kinda expected this... I hope she still use social medias and update the fans after graduation <3 For now I'll enjoy her last 2 months as idol >.<

So many feelings from me haha. Here are some screenshots! (Source) <3<3<3

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg
    006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg
    011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    She's finally graduating. kinda expected since like others posted here, a graduation announcement was imminent 1 or 2 months ago. The announce livestream event was the giveaway.

That letter was heartwarming, the livestream event was also touching, glad that they did this to Renacchi. 10 years as an idol is an impressive achievement, congratz to that Renacchi! I hope you will be successful in your career and life after AKB.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

After the live stream, Renacchi made a tweet with her message to fans <3 The tweet already passed 20k likes (it's at 21k), I'm happy to see her getting all of this support! it's a lot more than what I expected and it's so nice to see ;w; For the message, it has been translated by renveiro39 here! ^^/ I got the permission to share the translation, so here's the message <3

"I, Kato Rena, will graduate from AKB48.

And from now on, I would like to pursue a career in hair, make-up and beauty. It's been 12 years since my father applied for my audition and it got me in the group, I've always been following AKB48's path, and now for the first time, I made my own decision about my life.

When I joined AKB48, they were already popular and I was blessed with a good environment. As an elementary school student with no social experience, I didn't think about it objectively, instead I did my best to keep up with the flow of events in front of me. I was a nobody, and as I stood on the stage as a member of AKB48, I realized much later that I was not up to the task.

I only knew how to do what I was told, and to do my best in that. I thought it was the right thing to do, and I didn't know what to do with myself either. I've always been living my life in frustration and acceptance for not being able to be anything. Now it is not about what I'm going to be, but wether I could make up my mind, that is the first step.

I would like to thank my fans for their support, but at the same time, I feel sorry for them. However, I have been able to do this for 12 years because of their support. It taught me the importance of having the support and encouragement of others. This experience has also become a guide for me in the future. I believe that these 12 years of activities have been a very, very meaningful and important process for me.

I love make-up so much. It makes me feel more confident, gives me a new sense of self, and makes me feel closer to the person I want to be. Even now, during the corona pandemic, not every day in life is positive and fun to live. But if I can be a little more confident and positive about myself, I might be able to reconsider what I've given up, even if it's just a little bit.

Just as I have been supported by my fans, I want to help others with my make-up, even if only a little. That is my decision based on the experience I have gained over the past 12 years. I also started attending a beauty school, although it was a remote course. I want to become a licensed beautician, study properly, and get involved in the beauty industry in a way that is not technically embarassing.

I'm sad that I won't have the opportunity to interact with all the fans who have supported me, so I'll definitely try to leave something for them later in the future. Please continue to support this Kato Rena.

Kato Rena"

001.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mav48

mav48 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kato Rena / Jitoe Nene
    Twitter:
    mav48_
    Well, it's been over a week now since it happened. It's a day I knew had to come one day, and I tried to mentally prepare myself for months, but I still ended up crying for over an hour. Renacchi has been my oshimen for nearly seven years, over half of the time I've been an idol fan. I can't imagine AKB48 without her, but I'm proud of her for finding a career she wants to pursue, and I hope she is successful at everything she does. Also, she's said a couple of times (both in Instagram Stories and Mail) that she still wants to work in the entertainment industry, so it's not like she's disappearing.

7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

The members who will appear on Renacchi's graduation stage on February 14: Kato Rena (of course lol), Iriyama Anna, Shinozaki Ayana, Suzuki Kurumi, Taguchi Manaka, Mukaichi Mion, Yamane Suzuha, Muto Tomu, Mogi Shinobu, Iwatate Saho, Nakanishi Chiyori, Okada Nana, Murayama Yuiri, Oguri Yui, Hattori Yuna, Okuhara Hinako. I think this line-up is really good! <3

Source: https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12725757444.html

AKB's official channel uploaded a video about Renacchi's birthday stage that happened on January 11! it has short parts of the stage. it made me a bit sad seeing the stage of Hoshi no Mukougawa because all 4 of them are graduating and 2 of them are in my favorites (Renacchi and Rei) T_T and this song makes me feel kinda sad (I think it's related to when Mayuyu sings it in AKB0048 even if I forgot the story but it was a touching scene lol). Anyway Renacchi looks so pretty in all clothes and I love her smile and the thumbnail *-* and she sounds really cool in the talking lines in Utsukushiki Mono *-* <3 I'm glad that she had a last birthday stage not long before graduating ;w;

10. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Nikkan Sports has just published an interview with Renacchi:
    https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/202202130000851.html

DeepL translation:

• Like Like x 2
  11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I watched Renacchi's graduation stage the other day and I really loved it! ;w; I love the setlist of the stage! and all of the units, Renacchi was sooo pretty in all the different outfits. She looks good in any clothes *-* <3 I think she dyed her hair recently in a purple-ish color, maybe she did it especially for this stage. Although I prefer her with natural black haircolor or with brown haircolor, but this purple-ish color looked nice too (it looks better on video, it's not as bright as in pictures XD). She looked really good and her graduation dress is nice too! ;w;

There are graduated members who appeared as surprised guests, there's Nattsun of course, one of Renacchi's best friends! and then Miorin from the same gen! I loved to see these two performing again, and I have to say Miorin was so cute and still so "idol" haha. Generally, the line-up for this stage was very good *-* I also love that Yuiyui appeared. and I like that she talked about how much it means to her when Renacchi picked her as center of a song, it was a big thing for Yuiyui indeed, she's very thankful ;w;

Some parts were funny especially with Chiyori, and also when Izurina sent a video message lol. and of course there are many moments when the members cried, some of them like Mogi cried a lot ;_; also Annin, she is so close with Renacchi, they're almost like twins haha. it's nice that they are ending their careers as AKB around the same time, like a pair. AnRe <3

One of my favorite parts is during Eien Yori Tsuduku Youni (I like that song btw ^^) where Renacchi had a talking part, and she said that she didn't do her catchphrase yet, so she did it, with everyone surrounding her and they were all being cute and she smiled a lot, and that was just a very sweet moment <3 You can watch it here!

Renacchi has been in AKB for 12 years and she said in her speech that she still doesn't realize it and it feels like she will still have theater performances the next days but that's it over... after all she's been in AKB since her early teens, it's such a big change for her ;_; She also said she is thankful to fans because she thought that after announcing graduation, they would move on to new oshimens but that a lot of them told her that they will support her forever and it made her very happy ;_; she was all emotional about this ;_; and when she cried ;_;

I also love when they aired the video before the encore, with all the past moments of Renacchi. This made me realize how long she's been in the group because I always forget how she looked like back then, she had so many different hairstyles and grew up while being in the group, it made me sooo nostalgic to see those old moments, it reminds me when I first like her back then. She was really pretty since the moment she joined and she was cute all the years after and she is beautiful now ;w;

I took some screenshots from the stage <3

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg
    008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg

13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Final activity: online talk

Rena Kato AKB graduation "I will do my best as an individual so as not to be ashamed of my name" Thanks to the fans and groups

AKB48 Rena Kato (24) held an "online talk" on the 20th and finished the group activities.

Today, the curtain of Rena Kato as AKB48 has come down." "When I think back, it was really quick for 12 years ... Of course, I had a lot of pain, and I thought I would quit many times. I did my best because the fans were on my side. (The letters and SNS were comments on how to use them, and I was really encouraged). "

https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/202202210000003.html

Her Instagram:

Today, the curtain of Rena Kato as AKB48 has come down.

Looking back, it was really quick for 12 years ...
    There were a lot of pains, of course, and she had thought to quit many times.
    Even when it was such a painful thing and my heart was about to break, I was able to continue because the fans were by my side.
    (Letters and comments on SNS were really encouraging)
    I got a lot of work, I met the members and staff, and I met my favorite fans because AKB48 was there. It's all thanks to AKB48.
    No matter what I remember, AKB48 is at the origin.
    Today, I'm leaving from a home full of everything, but I'll never forget what I've learned, and I'll do my best to live my personal life so as not to be ashamed of the name of AKB48.

Thank you to everyone who took care of us!

And thank you for your continued support.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaM883TvDmD/

14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Renacchi taking her portrait from the wall at the AKB theater...
    This was on the day of her graduation stage, on 14th February.
    The video was originally uploaded on AKB's Twitter account!

Renacchi's final goodbye at her last Showroom yesterday ;w;

So it's official now, Renacchi is graduated...
    Her profile is also gone from the official AKB site ;w;
    It's a bit weird to think that she's not AKB anymore.

I hope we'll hear news from her every now and then!

<3 Thank you Renacchi for these 12 years in AKB!! <3

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Chiyori made a video about Renacchi's graduation stage! This was uploaded back then but I only watched it now >.< it's a great video because she really recorded everything. At first, it shows them in the practice room. Renacchi mentions there that Otona e no Michi is a really good song and she cried while listening, then I think it's Ayanan who said that it's unexpected that Renacchi included it in her setlist, so Renacchi admitted that she didn't know the song and it's the staff who made her listen, she was surprised that there's an AKB song like this lol.

After that, it shows the girls backstage at the theater where Nattsun and Miorin arrived ^^ and Shinobu (the stylist) brought Renacchi's graduation dress. I didn't notice when seeing in pictures or during the stage, but looking at the dress very closely now, wow it's so pretty *-* the ribbon and all the little details and the little flowers and everything, it's sooo pretty! the pastel purple color too! it's beautiful. This must be a lot of work, so nice that this was made for Renacchi <3

There's also the practice on stage, the preparations before the stage and after, Chiyori really included everything! Annin was quite funny in this video lol she cried a lot then she was in a good mood again having fun backstage and also that part where she was last in line to take pictures but said that she will use her seniority and pass in front of them, the way she asked everyone which gen they are XD generally the video has a lot of funny parts especially with Chiyori, the Renacchi-Chiyori interactions are entertaining lol. Love all these moments <3

• Like Like x 2
  16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Renacchi was a guest today in Ayanan's Birthday Showroom (credit to uploader):

[video deleted by uploader]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
  18. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Renacchi does makeup for Ayanan:

• Like Like x 1
  19. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Renacchi seems to be working hard after graduation for her goal to become a professional in beauty (make-up). She recently got to do Miion's make-up for an interview on modelpress!

You can see the results of it on the photos in the 2 articles:
    https://mdpr.jp/interview/detail/3859165
    https://mdpr.jp/interview/detail/3931523
    (it's not the gravure pictures, those are Miion's photobook)

I think she did a very good job, it looks natural and pretty!

There is also a separate article that talks about Renacchi <3
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/3931525

The article says that Renacchi was in charge of make-up and hair for these pictures, it mentions that she graduated in February 2022 and that after graduation, she has been attending school to study make-up and beauty. She wants to study properly, get her cosmetology license, and get involved in the beauty industry in a way that she won't get embarassed when it comes to technique. it mentions that she's in the same agency as Miion, and that she also gave advice on poses for the photoshoot, and checked the pictures.

Miion praised her and said that she's very good at doing hair and make-up, and that if it was her, her hands would have been shaking. She said that she likes the final result, the colors.

001.jpg 002.jpg

Glad to see that she's doing well!

• Informative Informative x 2