1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] THE JKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. welp

welp Next Girls

Actually, a foreign producer may be not that expensive to hire. I remember reading a rookie American producer vented that she got paid only 9k (unit USD) from S.M to compose a song (B-side). Veteran producers with some hits under their belts like these 2 may cost 3x more and, that may still be cheaper than a massive AKB48 song like Heavy Rotation. Not like AKB has any song of that level left anyway.

How many members JKT have left? I don't think they have enough members to run a competitive election. Neither the released 22nd single came with vote ticket.

JKT is under Dentsu. The international company like that can always find some budget if it wants to. But, if JKT is simply a leecher, it is not a sustainable business for Dentsu to keep it alive thus, mass elimination. Also, more investment = higher expectation. What if JKT cannot meet the higher expectation?

2. worminglads

worminglads Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

I'm excited, another original single and finally an ORIGINAL theater setlist! After 10 years!!

I checked the producers' catalogue and one of them took part on producing recent K-pop hits, among other western songs, that already sounds promising. Now I'm intrigued on what the song would sounds like.

As for the senbatsu, I agree that the chance of it will be decided on election is relatively small. I'd say all of the official members (do the 10th gen count as official members?) or took the NGT route and choose a handful of members only.

3. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I don't know fully context of composer world but both Matt rad and August Rigo have a decade experience, not to mention they've worked with multiple big names (Matt: Little mix, One Direction, Pentatonix, Boyz II men. Rigo: BTS, NCT, Baekhyun, Justin Bieber.) so I don't know if you can call them Rookie. I'm guessing then JKT probably paid at least IDR 200 mio if a rookie could get 9k USD (around IDR 120 mio).

I feel like SSk will be the a method to get some cash back, with the higher level producer there will be higher drive for fans to vote. I believe 2019 ssk probably gave them at least 500 mio that's why I don't think a ssk is not too far fetched. Currently JKT have 38 member, that's why I think it's not entirely plausible for JKT to held ssk. They can still have it with reduced undergirls, they did UG with only 12 member in Hanikami lollipop (AKB did with only 8 in 2009). It's gonna sting for unranked girls but make sense from business perspective, you get the cash and the buzz.

4. hinapyon

hinapyon Member

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    Looking at the producers involved, and the annoucement that the theatre will be renovated to be more 'mature', it does sound like JKT might be having a rebrand to a more kpop style of idol. (similar to SNH I suppose) I think that's fine, I've always been surprised at the success the intl sister groups have had with the traditional jpop idol model, given the widespread popularity of kpop across Asia. Regardless of the direction they go, I hope it's successful, it's sad to see some of the intl groups disbanding, I'd hate for anything to hapen to JKT, given how well they've done for the past 10 years.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    ^true enough, also every recent announcements made by intl'48 happened after sgo48 announced its disbandment.
    its like SGO48 is the one they need to sacrifice to make this happen

Anyway does their past saturday concert is just an opening before their big concert? I mean there was just plenty of announcements and some performance.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  6. welp

welp Next Girls

I assume the producer fee to be somewhere between 20k - 30k USD.

JKT is not in the condition to make buzz through election. The group must be trending for its election to make a big buzz.

Election may not be that great of an income generator. The sale of everything may plunge after election. For example, a fan may spend 1m rupiah monthly on JKT without election but, during 2 months of election, he spends 10m at once, following by 10 months of 200k rupiah. In the end, he still spends 1m monthly by average, it's just the money is distributed differently because of election.

I doubt JKT has the budget to regularly hire foreign producer of such profile. it may go back to AKB's library afterward. More time is needed. Neither the producer only produces K-pop songs and produces more American pop songs.

SNH is not close to K-pop style. It's different from J-pop but, not everything different from J-pop is K-pop. J-pop has some mature idol groups such as Perfume, Super Girls.

Usually, the venue for a big event like this is booked a month in advance. They are also various things and processes to be prepared, various documents to be submitted to disease prevention authority.

7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Hisashiburi guys, I'm returning

I predict JKT48 single by Matt Rad & August Rigo would sound like gen 4 Kpop songs, with trap beats

Meanwhile, my wildest dream because I'm a weeb, I hope someday JKT48 would target weeb markets, by working with any Jpop producer like Ayase (Yoasobi), Eve, Mafumafu, or Yuki Kajiura (producer of Kimetsu no Yaiba theme song).

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  8. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Indonesia has a lot of local group producer so I guess they could at least hired another local producer or maybe rotating between AKB song and original single. For example AKB for janken and original single for ssk, altho it might gonna drop the janken single value lol. Now for more important question, When will JPN48 use our song as part of their single???? I want them to feel what we feel for almost 10 years. Like, you know how many song JPN48 released between 2011 - 2019? at least 300 and the way not even one goes to JKT???? Like, I want to put a smug face when they use our song.

Yes, they say the 10th anniv commemoration year will start in 2022. They said if the situation is better they will held tour across Indonesia. It was also announced that JKT will also held another big live concert (I'm guessing Gaby graduation), kinda expecting GBK but that's just way too far fetched so I guess somewhere between 3000ish seat?

9. Matenrou47

Matenrou47 Kenkyuusei

Oh how I regret myself for not buying the ticket. At least next year seems to be exciting, there will be new projects and releases! (Big question on how they have resources to do that, but hey not that I'm complaining lol).

Based on the dates, I assume they going to do special setlist first, theater renovation and national tour, then new original setlist, followed by the original single to close the anniversary year. Quite solid plan for me.

I'm so excited about the new original setlist! Indonesia has pretty big selection of producers from various genres, so I think I can enjoy all of the songs. Same thing can't be said for the 2nd original single though, but it creates the hype since the producers have written for many Kpop acts, so probably the best thing is to wait and see how it blends with JKT.

Anyway, there is no announcement for Jiwaru Days as new single? I already cried watching the performance on YouTube, and to think that as Gaby's the last 1st gen member, I thought JOT going to milk (old) fans' tears and money as hard as possible by giving sorta 1st gen reunion gimmick.

10. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Looking at the pattern for the last few grad song I'm not sure if they're gonna get released. I mean they haven't release Better and Sakura no Ki ni narou. That is unless they plan it to release as a special download card/EP for ssk (if there's any)

Apparently member was surprised by Gaby announcement because they were told that Jiwaru Days was a 10 anniv song and blocking was based by generation, hence why it was Gaby Center (from celine showroom)

Other new thing is that apparently JKT just added physiotherapy into their team recently based on Dhey Showroom she said that she's been going back and forth to doctor for the past two years. This is kinda make me worry because I saw rumour about several member are getting ready to graduate due to injury.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. welp

welp Next Girls

A reason newer K-pop songs are hard to chew is the rhapsody-like complicity. K-pop song has become more convolute with multiple genres, chords and keys in 1 song. A song may change from chromatic to achromatic chord in-between a verse. "More is more" kind of evolution.
    The song for a non-K-pop group may be simpler thus, more palatable to broader audience group.
    Your comment reminds me of a girl group survival show in which contestants performed popular J-pop songs in quarter final team mission. Songs of Lisa and Yoasobi were chosen for the mission and it looked and sounded unfitting for a girl group regardless the half-cooked choreography and the imperfect execution.
    Gurenge
    Yoru ni kakeru
    There was another team performing a song of Higedandism.
    It sounded like Gurenge with a proper remix, better vocal technique and stronger emotion could make a Dreamcatcher-like group though. Dreamcatcher possibly has done not bad in Japan as its Japanese agency has switched from Pony Canyon to Sony Music.

Possibly, when it feels lazy, it can pick up a song for a foreign sister group to be a filler song. Nothing to make smug face on.
    It was speculated that North River was the company collecting royalty fee for Aki-P produced songs and foreign sister groups released original songs left and right after Vernalossom sold its shares in North River.

Higher dance execution level equates to more injuries. You can see this in K-pop. Most injuries occur on the leg and the spine (ankle, knee, back or neck). The spine injury is more painful and dangerous. Proper training and physiotherapy can help a lot.
    I remember reading that Indonesian women were forced to marry young, around mid-20's. So, even with best treatment, the period a member staying in the group may not be prolonged much?

12. Matenrou47

Matenrou47 Kenkyuusei

^^ thank you for explaining!

Sort of confirmed from Gaby's showroom today that there is still no plan to release Jiwaru Days, at least digitally (and no MV plan). She asked fans to request JOT though. I think since the song serves as 10th anniversary song, they'll put it as a B-side

13. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    December 2021 JKT recap
    News:
    - Gaby, Anin, Ariel, and Eve announced graduation
    - MV for Berdebar (Sisca solo single) released
    - 10th anniv kick off announcement
    - Valkyrie48 participate in pokemon TCG influencer championship (Cindy gulla is also participating) Bootcamp 1, Bootcamp 2, Bootcamp 3, Bootcamp 4, Top 16 Day 1, Top 16 Day 2 They all got wiped in top 16

Live performance
    - I don't think they have live performance in December Cmiiw

Others:
    - Rapsodi by Laleilmanino (The song composer) ft HIVI!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  14. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Hello, I'm currently creating a recap sheet for JKT activity starting this January. This is just for fun project because I want to see how many activity do they have across the year lol. Anyway that sheet is open for comment so if anyone see that I forgot to add an event or something feel free to leave the comment (with source link) for me to add

15. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    >doc says 2021
    >"starting this January"
    Did you typo on the Google Sheets or what?

16. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Lol sorry about that, my reflex still type 2021. But yeah it's started January this year

17. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Coming through with the January Highlight (Probly will be edited to fit new content for the next two days)

Live Performance
    Digital Content
    • Pokemon TCG Influencer Championship
    • Pokemon Unite AKB48 Group Invitational
    • A boatload video from JKT48 TV and JKT48
    Release
    • 10th anniversary kick off digital photobook
    • 10th anniversary kick off photocard
    Other Update
    • JKT48 sing Scarlett Whitening (Skincare product) jingle
    • 10th Generation debuting as back dancer on RKJ 22nd February
    • Indira Seruni (10th gen) debut on 29th Jan RKJ
    • Ashel, Kathrina, Celine confirmed positive for covid
    • Marsha will be part of pokemon unite team representing Indonesia for Pokemon Battle Asia
    Former Member Update
    For more detail on digital content you can check here, feel free to drop comment in respective dates if I missed any updates (preferably with link source for evidence)

They routinely upload new video every Monday to Friday on JKT48 TV, digital show in Goplay three times a week, showroom, and other events like Talkshow

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    February Highlight coming through (sorry for being late lol, was swamped with work)
    Good news is that due to rising popularity of KFC, Honest Man, and Suzukake Nanchara in Tiktok last month we got more invitation for live performance on TV
    We got less digital content from JKT48 TV on February
    Since mid February due to rising case they replace regular show to variety show at theater

Live Performance
    Digital Contents (Outside regular showroom and Goplay)
    Other Media Appearances
    • Sisca @ Dahsyat (as MC)
    • Jinan @ NHK Radio
    • Marsha @ Pokemon Unite Invitational Asia
    Product Release
    • Digital Photobook "Handmade with Love" with video call bonus
    • Sisca, Olla, Freya online birthday 2shot
    • Video call trial with 10th Gen (OFC only)
    Other Update
    Former Member Update
    • Gabriella Stevany (Vany) 1st single "Sekali Lagi" (Trans: Once again) and Music Video
    • Nadila 5th single (1st major single) "Jangan Lagi" (Trans: No More) and Music Video
    • Nadila appearing in several radio channel to promote her single
    • Sinka Talk ft Rona
    • Thalia (Tata) former Team KIII got engaged and married on February
    For more detail on digital content you can check here, feel free to drop comment in respective dates if I missed any updates (preferably with link source for evidence)

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Some members performed on ESports Star Indonesia:

if the video does not show watch the video here

20. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    10th Anniversary Setlist: