1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    This is confusing. Which one is it:
    • Naachan's sister looks nothing like Naachan's sister in the past
    • Naachan's sister looks nothing like Okarina.
    • Okarina looks nothing like Naachan's sister.
    • Okarina looks nothing like Naachan's sister in the past.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    I am not sure if you are serious or making a joke but it seems to me that you are getting two people mixed up.

Okada Nana has a true sister called Rina

and I think the one you are thinking of is Okada Rina the team K member. (same Kanji for the last name, but as far as I know, not family of eachother)

3. welp

welp Next Girls

Oh my gosh. Just watched Ubai Ai kyoushi and, it was terrible in every ways possible. I can't believe something of that level was allowed to be aired on public broadcast in this age. Worse than any daytime drama I have watched in this decade. I have to classify it as comedy to make it bearable to watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    But why?

5. welp

welp Next Girls

Starting from the title "Ubaiai Koukoukyoushi" which may be translated into "Love Fight over High School Teacher"
    The plot summary is - Tsuyuko and her high school daughter, Akari (Nana) contended for the love of Santa, Akari's music teacher, who had engaged to Hanako, another teacher at the same school.
    If this is not indecent enough, the production was so laughable. Actors acted as if it was a stage play, not tv drama. The edit was so unaesthetic. For example, I saw Santa talked to Hanako at their place in the night and suddenly, it was cut to a daytime scene of Santa talking to Akari at school. In a usual drama, we would see the school, see Santa and Akari ran into each other and started talking but, in this drama, it was cut to Santa and Akari already in the middle of their conversation. They were also shocking CG such as, Tsuyuko playing music next to Santa in a lounge and it was thunder graphic over Tsuyuko's head.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I am not going to say that it's great or anything but like, half of the points you made is just cultural different :^^;:

And I know you are not going to listen so I won't bother explaining.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Having failed to win any photo signings by Naachan in the lottery for STU's 6th single, I threw in more applications for the 7th and this time I won two (same photocard but slightly different writing by her on each one):

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

How the F*** coming after someone's fiance and reciprocating to an underage student of oneself are "just cultural differences"? The drama also justified men's cheating as they just being weak-hearted. Matsuda Seiko's daughter committed suicide because her husband cheating on her. How is this "just cultural difference"?

Besides, I've seen enough cheating J-dramas to know this level of production/directing is just not it (since they are too many J-dramas on cheating recently). Have you even watched a single J-drama in these past 2 decades? It just looked as if the director had just time-traveled from 4 decades ago. Ugh. I even watched another cheating drama where Hanako was the lead and, she did not act as theartrical there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    You picked the wrong half lol.

10. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Do you know why your points are seen as "cultural differences" by some?
    I think this drama belong to a genre of Asian drama generally known as "makjang", a Korean term referring to dramas having a story that is unrealistic and extremely dramatized. Its plotlines may be over-exaggerated, but exaggeration and absurdity here are more of features than bugs. Most viewers familiar with this genre will know that the drama doesn't reflect reality.
    However, I agree with your comment that scenes are often too fast-paced.

11. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I don't think it is terrible in every ways possible. If it is terrible in every ways possible then there is no saving for those 48/46 drama. Personally, I get a good laugh out of it. The only thing that I want to remove is that cheesy electricity effect. Other than that, I think it is okay if you think it as a comedy drama. What I noticed vs the previous Ubai Ai is the acting is more over the top, as in they want to create more comedy effect. The previous Ubai Ai isn't like that except in few scenes. I assume they did it like that because it is only a 25min x 4 drama, thus they went with more over the top direction.
    Basically the male teacher and Naachan character could fit well into the previous Ubai Ai, not so much with the other 2 female characters.

=====
    Wed 1/5 She went to do voice training today. I think it is for the singing competition + because she often times have a problem with her throat thus probably trying to sing in a more correct way. After that, it is a bit self practice for Team 4 stage. She also surprised about Cocona (NMB48) grad announcement. As for Rei, Rei had told the senbatsu members about her graduation during the day when they performed at Japan Record Awards. She also contacted Annin who just announced her grad yesterday.

Thu 1/6 She had a work in the morning and after that doing Team 4 stage. She wrote and also read the seitansai letter for Hikachan.
    [​IMG]
    more...
    [hide]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [/hide]

Fri 1/7 She had to travel to somewhere to do a job today. I think Yuiri is with her. She wrote mostly about yesterday's performance.

Sat 1/8 She only slept for 3hrs today thus planning to sleep in her spare time today. I think today is a continuation of yesterday. After the work today, she will practice for "Boku no Taiyou" stage later at night (she is in the lineup for 1/13 performance and also Ichikawa Manami seitansai).

Sun 1/9 STU48 online talk. After that, she coming to the BokuTai practice. The online talk itself ended at 20:30. As for TV, today is her first appearance on Mirai Monster. During the briefing, Miramon staff asked Naachan how many people playing in a baseball match? Naachan answer is 17 vs 17 :^^;:
    [​IMG]
    The ring is from Michu (STU48)
    more... (STU48 2s event pics)
    [hide]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [/hide]

Mon 1/10 She wrote that the practice yesterday took around 3hrs. After she went home, she eat dinner, edit video, and took a bath. She went to sleep at 4am.
    Since she moved to Avex, her manager asked if she wanted to do voice training regularly! So apparently she started doing that (going to voice training regularly) since the start of this year. The first thing that she can think of as the best thing about moving to another agency is that they let her do voice training unconditionally (not sure why it is unconditional. Maybe Naachan can do voice training using Avex or other voice trainer without any catch, or maybe something else), let her post singing cover with whatever song she picked.

Tue 1/11 She had work later in the evening so before that she went to karaoke with Yuiri to practice for tomorrow's singing contest. Don't forget to watch it! Wed 1/12 18:30JST

=====
    Namida Surprise performance on CDTV New Year's Live

*apparently Heavy Rotation is blocked on DM

=====
    Aoi Tori stage
    comment video from Naachan https://twitter.com/plusastage/status/1480736221382930436
    Promotion video

if the video does not show watch the video here
    cheki
    [​IMG]

=====
    Okada Rina (the sister, not Team K) has a tikotok account and Naachan (+Yuiri) showed up in some of the videos
    https://www.tiktok.com/@okarina01

=====
    Naachan created a page where it listed all of her SNS and related links
    https://nanaokada.fensi.plus/a/blink/

=====
    Naachan is back to 1st place in 2021 Stage48 member ranking.
    Having said that, it is more because there were somehow less voters for 46. The top 2 last year (both Nogi member) had much fewer voters vs last year while Naachan had 2 more voters for this year vs last year. If the amount of voters for Nogi stays the same or close to last year, both probably would be higher than Naachan.
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...ber-ranking-results-all-ranks-revealed.23768/

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  12. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Nanaaa~ She did it! :cute:
    I'm so proud of her! She finally defeated this competition and won this trophy <3
    NanaTwitter.jpg

Translation from her tweet via deepl:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  14. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
  15. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
  16. Rurouni

She already said even before the contest started that this will be her last. Her reasoning was that she want to concentrate on her solo activities, which is also why she announce to end her kennin with STU. Even before she moved to Avex, the opportunity to do stuff with STU was already very few, so instead of not being able to do anything for STU, she prefer to end her kennin. With the singing contest, it is actually took a lot of energy and time if you aim for the win and probably the memory of the 2nd contest where she had like almost no time to practice and ended up with her doing badly on the top 8 performance, it wasn't a pleasant memory.

But like always, Naachan can be convinced by others if the other party try hard enough. She already didn't want to join the 2nd one but Kokoa convinced her to join. For the 3rd one I believe she just want to do it, which was probably an easy decision since there wasn't really anything to do back then and joining the contest is one of the way for her to be able to sing and perform.

Personally, I think right now with her already win once, it will be easier for her to resist joining the 5th one (if there is any). I think the producer will at least try to convince Naachan to join tho since having her in the contest is definitely beneficial for the show.

In similar vein, she was saying back then that she was going to stop doing swimsuit gravure. After saying that, she ended up still doing swimsuit gravure, although I believe all of it were done with Yuiri.

So basically without outside influence, Naachan most likely will stick to her decision not to apply for the 5th one. If for some reason Yuiri decided to join the 5th one and she tries to convince Naachan to join, well... never say never.

What I'm 100% sure is that she won't graduate anytime soon. Several times when she talked about doing more solo/non AKB jobs, she also said that beside for gaining experience and finding what suit her the best, she hoped that if people managed to find her from non AKB stuff, those people can end up liking AKB. Personally I think it is hard to draw people attention to AKB with that method, but the main point here is that she want her solo activities to also benefit AKB, thus graduating right now wouldn't make any sense.

=====
    About her performance at the finals, I think her "Mikansei" performance is definitely good enough for the win, but if she swithced her song order and ended up performing "Namae no Nai Kaibutsu" for the top 8, most likely she wouldn't have won. She was flat at multiple parts of the song, especially the high note parts, but kinda save it on the last part where her execution is good (not flat anymore).

When Yano Honoka performed her song, that was the first performance that I definitely think could've won the contest. Then when Ikeda Yura performed hers, I think it can go either way depending on how much the judges value technical aspect of singing. After those 2 performance, I still think that Naachan had a good chance to win if she can hit her notes and doing what I believe is her best weapon, which is showing her emotion through the song. Of course all of that wouldn't matter if she didn't pick the right song! (I like her Eine Kleine performance last year but deep down I knew that it wasn't the type of song suited to win a competition). After Naachan performed, I instantly knew that her chances to win was greater than ever.

Between "Mikansei" and "Namae no Nai Kaibutsu", if I can only choose one of the song to be performed on her channel, I actually prefer she performed "Namae no Nai Kaibutsu". I believe without the pressure, she should be able to do the song justice.

Mikansei

Namae no Nai Kaibutsu

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Cover of 'Dry Flower' by Yuuri:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rurouni

Naachan will announce something today (Sat 1/15 20:00JST) on her showroom.
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/okadanana_1107/status/1481944555461120001
    https://www.showroom-live.com/48_Nana_Okada
    [hide]
    I might update this post with the announcement if this is the last post until the announcement and someone is not quick enough to post the announcement content (because there is the no double post role in this forum). I prefer the announcement to be on separate post tho.[/hide]

=====
    Wed 1/12 Singing contest. She finally wins!
    [​IMG]
    more...
    [hide]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [/hide]

Thu 1/13 Boku no Taiyou stage. Mainly talking singing contest related things, like Yura gave her a late birthday present and she wanted to take pics in between YuuNaa.
    From the MC session, Miion talked about a gentleman that at first she thought was a stranger approached her during the singing contest break. She thought he was a fan or something. When she looked closely, turns out he was Naachan's dad :^^;:
    Some pics from BokuTai
    [​IMG]
    more...
    [hide]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [/hide]

Fri 1/14 Not really sure what she was doing today other than probably eating yakiniku with Yuiri. She also posted about having announcement tomorrow.

=====
    Some parts from this article about the singing contest has been translated here https://twitter.com/Okadananafans/status/1481385751866933248
    She want to be better than last year, thus she was looking for a song that is hard to sing. She found "Mikansei" on Youtube and immediately fell in love with it.
    Also for the type of song that she wants for her prize, she wants a sad and painful ballad song.

Now about something unrelated to singing contest, fanthology published an interview with Naachan talking about yuri manga https://www.fanthology.me/entry/okada-nana
    Some parts has been translated here https://twitter.com/Okadananafans/status/1481912446793437187
    Some points:
    -The first yuri manga she read is Citrus back then in high school (so basically when she already join AKB). She bought it because the cover is beautiful.
    -Her favorite couple pattern is when the boyish prince type of girl turns out to be the timid one.
    -Her top 3 yuri manga: 1.Akuma no Riddle, 2.Fuzoroi no Renri, 3.Ikemen Girl to Hakoiri Musume.
    -She prefer love scene in a yuri manga to happen for a reason. Basically want a solid plot progression before it happens.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Naachan announced today in SR that she will have a last concert '~ Sailing day from NANA ~' with STU48 on 3/18 at the Kobe Kokusai Hall:
    https://sp.stu48.com/news/detail/11480

All STU48 members will perform. This will also be her last activity day with that group.

• Like Like x 2
  20. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

THIS got my heart stopping for more than a second :^^;:

I'm happy for her that she gets a concert as send-off to appreciate the time they spend together and Nana "raising" them :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1