1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 59th [Moto Kare Desu] (2022/05/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    I’ve just realised that staff divived senbatsu members quite equally to each team :) 6 from Mukaichi Team A (and center ofc as expected from A), 5 from Taguchi Team K, 5 from Asai Team B and 4 from Kuranoo team 4. Maybe Captain Kuranoo can have a little faith in the team.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    They made the teams with the senbatsu in mind.

• Like Like x 4
  3. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    I'm happy with the senbatsu. I'm always a bit sad not to see Pon in it, but her popularity and age means she probably will never be selected. Hiichan is a good pick, though I was hoping for another Naachan center.
    The release date is right around the time that preSSK singles were released historically. They haven't had a May release since Teacher Teacher which was preSSK. I'm wondering if that might signal some kind of event coming up, though I don't know if it'll be SSK necessarily.

4. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

To sum up my feelings: I'm really happy for Naamin, Mahopyon and in special Manaka because I like her so much and I feel she will become a senbatsu regular. I feel so proud of her and hoping for the best for her career. Hitomi centre wasn't really a surprise, I think it's a good move from management because she's clearly the most famous member with the general public (although she's probably more known as a former IZ*ONE member than AKB member judging by how they treat her at TV shows), and I'm also happy for her seeing her growth in popularity, as she was a theatre girl before Produce 48.

I would have preferred Yuiyui as centre, but I feel like management is dropping her to 2nd or 3rd row... Her push was controversial, so I can't judge them, but I can't help but feel sad for my oshi. At least, she'll stay as a regular senbatsu, so nothing to worry that much.

That said, I'm a bit unimpressed with the senbatsu. I feel that I was expecting something would change but, honestly, there is nothing to change. I feel that we are in desperate need of new, fresh faces. I hope management will do a good work in pushing 17th generation for good.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

MANAKA!!:omfg: I'm so happy :cry2:

6. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Hiichan was a core Team 8 member. Not a center necessarily but she was selected for their "senbatsu". She most likely would have gotten more of a push around this time, though probably not center. She has gotten a ton of work recently and become a staple AKB member. Much more then she ever got as part izone. I think we should credit her hard work and not that group for her success.

• Like Like x 2
  7. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Yes, I agree with you. In the beginning, she was one of the most popular Team 8 members, even featuring on the 10-member Team 8 Senbatsu at Kegarete iru Shinjitsu. But so was Yokochan at that time, and she still never featured on the senbatsu until Nemohamo Rumor. And so was Ikumin, original Team 8 centre, that featured only in two singles senbatsu before she was dropped. Even Hiichan was only featured in NO WAY MAN senbatsu due to Produce 48, so we don't know if she would indeed become that famous if IZ*ONE was never a thing. I don't know how popular she was there because I was never an IZ*ONE fan and I never followed their activities, but it surely helped boosting her as a popular AKB member. She has 1.2 million followers on Instagram, she's so ahead of all other AKB members in fame and it's probably because of IZ*ONE.

I don't want to diminish her hard work, that's why I said I'm proud seeing her growth. Instead, it should be noted that AKB management during that time was really bad and didn't push newer AKB members, but was relying only on old generation (1st - 10th) and sister group aces while leaving the newer AKB proper members as theatre girls, including most Eito girls. So I really didn't say that to make it seem that only being in IZ*ONE is the sole reason she is centre now, she for sure worked really hard, is an outstanding idol and very talented. The reason is that she probably wouldn't grow that much if she was not selected as an IZ*ONE member, not because of her, but because AKB management is dumb and relied on older members and "Golden Era" only. I edited my comment to be less ambiguous. At best, Hitomi would probably be at Shitao Miu popularity level if P48 and IZ was never a thing.

To summarise everything: I believe you understood me wrong. If you look at her TV show appearances they will always highlight her as an IZ*ONE member, that's why I'm worried, but I believe she will now carry AKB's name to the top with her talent.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Bingo

Bingo Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    From memory, on japanese IZ*ONE releases, she was selling as much as the others (I'd say the HS slots were allocated on purpose), just not at the same speed.

I'm somewhat agreeing about the whole line up, being very conservative, they took the previous senbatsu and added their favorites subs.
    Great for Nanami and Manaka, i expected them for quite some time and it was sad to see them missing out singles after singles. That's a the good side of having an AKB exclusive senbatsu.
    Do bob haircuts make miracles @Aka ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  11. Tk-Tonkla

Tk-Tonkla Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    I like this senbatsu lineup, glad Naamin and Manaka finally got selected.
    now I'm gonna wait and see what the song looks like, thought I think it might be a dance song like rumor (Seichan mentioned about a muscle pain from doing a lesson in her mail),
    but tbh I'm content with Seichan is in senbatsu, so anything is ok for me:chuffed:

12. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I hope the song will be something like Maenomeri. I miss these kind of songs :cry2:

They'll have a live footage from the MV shooting location during the TV Tokyo Music Festival, so we can maybe know the vibe of the song from that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

Tbh, Im pretty worried about hiichan being a center. She is known not as an AKB48 Team 8 member, but as an IZONE ex-member, so what they will highlight when Hiichan promoting was her IZONE days, which do not have any connection with this single.

Well i just hope that nothing bad will happen.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Erbeon

Erbeon Member

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    I don't know why AKB48's managment doesn't want to do W-center for so long time. When was the last AKB single with W-center?

I had a wish for this single to have W-center - Hiichan x Yuiyui or Yuiri as solo center, because she deserves it more than anyone.

Also one thing... Maybe I'm strange, but there should be the rule that solo center can be only member who has had over 10 performances in the theater in last 12 months. As I've checked Hiichan and Yuiyui - even if Yuiyui is my kami - they shouldn't be even in senbatsu with their 5 apperances in Theater in 2021.

• Like Like x 3
  15. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I agree, she's the member that mostly deserves it, but I feel like she herself wouldn't want to be centre.

16. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Initial info about the single is a meh for me.

I get it that Honda Hitomi is quite relevant these days due to her KPop stint. Though is she really the most popular / recognized by the public? I mean, not that it matters anyway when it comes to selecting a center.

Was just hoping for more Yuiyui or someone else W centering with Nana.

I guess, while I have no reason to dislike Hitomi, she just give more KPop vibes and with that, KPop fans will look at AKB again, then give some snobby remarks on how their idols can dance in robot-like precision at a drop of a hat.

Well anyway, glad to have a new single I guess.

Sucks that there's no sister group members.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Yey! Seichan back in senbatsu, I'm so happy! :cry2::omfg:.

Although I would be more happy if Komi was included as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Probably Yukirin is way more recognised by the general public than Hitomi, but what matters here is public interest, not recognition, and Hitomi has more of public interest, specially with teenagers and younger people, judging by the content she is frequently featured at.

I feel like it's better to keep each group independent. AKB was being overshadowed by sister groups in its own releases and now they don't have any member with strong popularity, so it's better for them to make AKB-only senbatsu and focus on promoting its own members for now.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    "Congratulations on your first senbatsu, Odaeri!"

20. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Objectively, I agree. I just miss seeing sister group members on AKB PVs. Makes it feel that AKB is indeed the mothership.

But yes, I know its better and fairer for the AKB members and fans.

• Like Like x 2