Single AKB48 59th [Moto Kare Desu] (2022/05/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Who are "they", AKB or the sister groups? Because there are no Sayanees or Sashiharas anymore either.

I don't see why any of them should give their spot to a Mikana, a Yuzuha or even a Chiho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. sarachuu

sarachuu Kenkyuusei

I’m happy with the lineup, I hope we get a good song out of it! I’m excited to see how Hiichan does as center :blush:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I didn't think they would reveal the senbatsu/center so fast lol I was going to write my wishes one of these days but well. None of it became true... XD I personally really wanted another Yuiyui center because it's been years and she only got one (and it's a song with a theme that can't be performed everywhere, and her b-sides centers sadly can't be performed on TV too) with the attention she got with the photobook and a good amount of TV appearances last year until now, I found the moment ideal... because now a lot more people know her, it's a good opportunity to get a popularity boost, to have one more "face" of AKB. She also loves AKB and will stay for many years probably (hopefully) so yes it would have been a good investment.

My other wish was to have a surprise in the senbatsu, but when I saw the faces, it was everyone who I expected. The girls who replaced members in Ne mo Ha mo Rumor stages, new captains, and the girls who cried at the previous senbatsu reveal (Seichan in the video on the official channel, Mahopyon in Showroom, and for her she is also IxR). I just knew that they would get in senbatsu, although I thought less of them would be since I expected the senbatsu to have less members than this. Either way congrats to all of them! But I didn't get any "surprise" haha my wish was to see a member like Satomina or Harupyon, or maybe Gyoten or Nanase (of course I mention those that I like ^^) someone very unexpected, even if they don't sell a lot of slots, getting pushed on senbatsu and TV even just once sometimes helps making everyone notice a girl and then she gets better sales.

So anyway I'm going to wait for the single to judge, I read that this will be a dance song again because of what the members said in mails? I like that Ne mo Ha mo Rumor got attention, however dance songs are not my favorites, I didn't think that they would do twice in a row. with this period of the year, I would have loved a summer song, a more "idol" song, but now I know that this is not what we're getting most likely lol. I'll still wait to see it and I honestly hope that I'll like it, we wait so long for a single ;_;

That being said, I'm still glad that there's a new release, and congrats to all of the girls selected! I hope this receives good promotions, and I hope we get nice b-sides with MVs please <3

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I'm talking about AKB. Yes, there isn't Sayanees or Sashiharas anymore, however, each sister group seem to be thriving as regional groups and they seem to be doing great. I only follow SKE48 closely and a bit of STU, but I can see that HKT and even NGT are doing good. Maybe NMB is suffering a bit from the graduation wave and aces leaving, but they're holding their own SSK now and I believe they will recover soon. HKT have their own TV show, HKTV, and it's great, SKE has been appearing on several TV shows and their centre just became a Seventeen exclusive model, STU sales are always great for a sister group, they're doing pretty okay.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    As you said, regionally. Nako would be an obvious choice, maybe Miku. Who would SKE send? Dasu? The loli? Shibuya from NMB? What about NG... nevermind. Are any of those necessary in AKB's senbatsu for the group to look like the mothership?

They can dance in bikinis.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Negaigoto no Mochigusare (May 31, 2017)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    With Hiichan as center, it absolutely would be another dance song (maybe a little Kpop vibes). If it's an idol song, they would choose Yuiyui or even Zukky instead.

Because of COVID-19, they now can't hold national handshake event with sister group members anymore so why they need to promote those girl instead of their own girl. Btw I don't know if SKE members want to be seen as a part of AKB48 or become big enough to be the rival of AKB48 :cool:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    No offense to the SKE girls and their management, but that’d be in their wildest dreams

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

But it's not the mothership anymore. It's not one big 48group anymore, they all split off under different companies in 2020. They're all practically independent of each other, though HKT's company Mercury and NGT's company Flora are both subsidiaries of the same company called Sproot. From a business point of view SKE48 has more to do with Nogizaka (via Keyholder) than AKB48.

Covid wasn't the reason. Like I said, in 2020 they all split off under different companies.
    @gvstavvss can rest assured that the days of sister groups being in AKB singles are over.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Hiichan centre, 20-nin senbatsu. I would like to add Nako or Hana from HKT48 to make it perfect, but this current line-up is okay for me (wcentre HiiNako would be perfect tbh).

I wish for another "Ponytail to Shushu" for the A-side song.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    There is still a mothership company, though. They were literally trying to make a group single at the end of 2020 (after all the companies were split off) and cancelled it because one of the SG members caught the coof.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Wait, what? I remember none of this fff

If there's ever to be another 48G release it'll have to be a SSK single or something. I don't think the groups need to merge further than that.

13. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Which company are you claiming is this mothership company? Vernalossom? They only operate the overseas 48 groups now not any Japanese groups, not even AKB48 itself who is owned and operated by DH now. News articles stated that each of the Japanese groups would begin operating independently from April 2020. Though I guess the groups' members can still do limited stuff together like singing competitions etc. but I'd say they're more the exception than the rule.

And I was about to apologize for not knowing about this attempt at a group single in 2020 but looks like Trinu doesn't know about this either. So would you mind telling us your source or whatever?

14. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    A little off topic and more me gushing lol but one thing that's really nice to see reading this thread, is all the comments wishing for other girls to center. Not saying Hiichan is undeserving because she most definitely is, but just seeing that there are so many other girls being called as potential centers who are equally as deserving is nice to see. I think, it's been since like 2014 that AKB members were being called as potential centers because it was so heavily focused on sister groups. It was only ever Jurina, Sakura, Sayanee, Sasshi etc as potential AKB centers, with Paruru and Mayu being the only other two girls called to have that power. We did get the Naachan and Mion centers which was welcomed (albeit bad songs imo lol), but overall, it's so nice to see AKB girls being praised for their center potential again. Of course it's obviously because it's now AKB only senbatsu's, but I just love seeing the growth the group has had over the past year. The fact we can even debate about AKB girls centering, after years of it being a mostly sister group debate, it's simply refreshing haha. I can see Hiichan, Naachan, Yuiyui and Zukky rotating center position over the next two years, and I'm hopeful to see Miu and Yuiri get a chance too. The potential for a 17th gen member to be airdropped in the future is high too, and it's all very exciting!! I'm just really looking forward to AKB's future, its certainly a new era.

• Like Like x 9
  15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    SPACE IDOLS!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Here is a graph that explains management structure of 48G. Although it's in Vietnamese, I think most people can understand it regardless of personal language.
    (It was made in 2021 so SGO48 was still listed)
    48structure.jpg
    48structure.jpg

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    • Like Like x 3
  18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    Man, I thought it will be a summer vibes song. Though surely it is unlikely since Hiichan is the center...

20. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I want to see what they'll deliver with this song. Still amazed with AKB that even when they're not as powerful as back then, their A-sides still not half-hearted. Last single was a bop, and I'm looking forward to this.

It's good they're taking the AKB-only senbatsu road again. It's time to polish new era girls so that AKB can stand on their feet again before adding sister group 'cards'.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2