Single Nogizaka46 29th [Actually...] (2022/03/23)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

Tbh, the sales is still good considering there's a loud call for Boycott in the fandom (was expecting some figure below 250-275 k in sales). But I guess it's because most of those calling for Boycott were international fans and some mere casuals

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Cop pop

Cop pop Kenkyuusei

I don't think it's just for drama. Management always try to push new gen (since 3rd gen til 5th gen) & it always turned out positively. It just this time new center got scandals :hmm: (that's why it looks drama *cough*). However, I did agree that Management may not do it again soon (which this made me feel both relieved and upset at the same time)

The sales still considered to be good if u look from the prospective of outsider, but I'm not sure about company's prospective (where the sales were more than 1 mil b4). I doubt If they're really satisfied with this sales? The graph of the sales continue to decline and it doesn't seem to improve (it's understandable for this pandemic era though). The feedback of this single is also negative (look at the comments in official site Facebook, Twitter), Online handshakes in this single also sold out less than last single. Nogi definitely will survive, but Will they still keep their popularity If everything keeps going on like this?. That's all I wanna say & to be honest I also felt relieved when the sales was not that bad, because that's mean Nogi isn't that vulnerable (it's a good thing:inlove:). Imagine if the sales declined so hard just because center's scandals & new song style:omfg:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Izzi46

Izzi46 Kenkyuusei

Good sales despite the backlash. This should serve as a warning to the management to be extra careful next time.
    They survived this one but it's not a guarantee they will in the future.

Now work on a song that has "Synchronicity" vibes for your next single and i'll be more than happy. That effin' song got stuck in my head for quite some time now haha, so good <3 Not to mention the live performances of it are damn pretty. :inlove:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Nogizaka singles 1st day sales

01 - Synchronicity 863,364
    02 - Kaerimichi wa Toomawari Shitakunaru 822.049
    03 - Sing Out! 815,286
    04 - Shiawase no Hogoshoku 810,550
    05 - Yoakemade Tsuyogaranakutemoii 788,576
    06 - Jikochuu de Ikou! 774,370
    07 - Influencer 743,027
    08 - Nigemizu 716,197
    09 - Sayonara no Imi 683,481
    10 - Itsuka dekiru kara Kyou dekiru 682,552
    11 - Hadashi de Summer 600,104
    12 - Harujion ga Sakukoro 590,584
    13 - Ima, Hanashitai Dareka ga Iru 533,533
    14 - Taiyou Knock 481,599
    15 - Gomen ne Fingers Crossed 450,171
    16 - Boku wa Boku wo Suki ni Naru 445,852
    17 - Inochi wa Utsukushii 421,887
    18 - Nandome no Aozora ka? 412,400
    19 - Kimi ni Shikarareta 408,815
    20 - Kidzuitara Kataomoi 387,122
    21 - Natsu no Free & Easy 374,832
    22 - Barrette 347,244
    23 - Actually... 345,669
    24 - Girls' Rule 286,492
    25 - Kimi no Na wa Kibou 204,281
    26 - Seifuku no Mannequin 190,108
    27 - Hashire! Bicycle 150,056
    28 - Oide Shampoo 111,222
    29 - Guru Guru Curtain 84,905

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    I guess so.

They are very active in social media and in their respective individual jobs, in magazines and other various tv shows too. The thing is people are not really keen on buying singles now as compared to before (pre-covid) when we still have NHS. There's really not that much value on buying singles now. If you want to listen to their latest songs, we have platforms like youtube or spotify for that. No need to pay. Covid completely rejected AkiP's "idols you can meet" concept. Live streaming concerts is also a thing now. There's also the m&g though it still sucks compared to the actual physical handshake.

I'm not sure about you but I honestly don't think CD sales is a good indicator of popularity. Simply, 1 person could buy hundreds of physical copies so the data might not really be reliable on that area if we're trying to check their popularity. Though we can use CD sales to calculate/estimate a part of their revenue, along with merch sales, magz sales, live stream tickets, haishinchuu ads, nogi app subscriptions, etc...

Bottom line is they're pretty much stable I think. There's a decline but it's not at an alarming state. They could definitely sell more if covid didn't happen though.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    CD sales may not be an indicator of the group's actual popularity, but it's still one of the major incomes for them and I would even say the main reason why these kind of groups exist for labels. So of course this will affect the group's status if things are gonna stay like that or go even worse.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
  7. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Sucks that they can’t have those pre-COVID numbers. What single did meguri get implemented? Boku wa Boku? I think Nogi still leads in sales amongst 46/48 groups.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    yeah and even since Boku wa Boku, Nogi lost 100.000 sales 1st day with this new single. Hinatazaka's sales are much more stable, and so as Sakurazaka's (they're even gonna have a sales increase with Samidare yo looking at their HS results), so COVID may have affected, but it's not the only reason since Nogi seems the one affected the most and they continue to decline single after single. They're not gonna be the sales leading group really soon at this point.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Woo! Glad to see it surpassed my guess. I was always thinking that fans would boycott, but I am just a stupid gaijin. I should've known Japanese fans would stick with 'em. I mean watching CD unboxings where one fan has several CDs just to get their oshimen -- fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
  11. oompaoloompa

oompaoloompa Kenkyuusei

Can anyone explain what the logic is in exempting members from having to do handshake events (or the current digital equivalent) once they've sold out specific total number of slots? From a business perspective it just seems puzzling especially with how they significantly affect sales figures.

12. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

And my, so at actually, anytime when i do it... or try do...

13. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

I agree that Sakurazaka’s past two singles have been stable but not Hinatazaka.

Kimi Shika Katan 2021.05.26
    1st Day 384,973
    1st Week 486,067

tteka 2021.10.27
    1st Day 331,511
    1st Week 415,525

Is this stable? I gather you like Hinataza but I don’t see you trolling their threads with a decline in sales.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Izzi46

Izzi46 Kenkyuusei

Just give that delusional dude the attention aka the dislikes he craves so much and move on. Watching a paint dry is more entertaining than engaging a discussion with such a pathetic troll.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. baketon

baketon Kenkyuusei

The logic behind it is probably something like: "Now that you can't meet the popular members, here are some less popular ones you can still meet"
    I assume if these sales were truly that important as some people here think, then (logically) everyone would be doing handshakes until they leave the group.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    It is. tteka didn't have Kosaka Nao. I said they're more stable than Nogi which is true.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cop pop

Cop pop Kenkyuusei

CD sales is just one of many factors that show the popularity of the group. Actually it's just something that we can clearly touch & see. When come to talk about popularity there's many thing that we gotta include & CD sales is just one of them. I decided to bring CD sales & online handshakes sales slots to discuss because it's just something we can touch & see *cough*(what's in my mind is simple:oops:).

Ahem.. U forgot to realize something important, Comrade. THIS IS J-POP. In case if u don't know, Japan is one of the country that still prefer buying physical CD than online streaming services. Streaming services surely growth stronger since last few years, but buying physical CD is still stronger in j-pop culture. Actually you are not wrong if u look from inter-fan's prospective. It's just this is j-pop culture boy :fear:

18. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    This a good point especially considering Hinatazaka sells out almost all their slots (iirc in Tteka only three members didn't sell out everything, although Kosaka Nao didn't participate and she's the most popular member). However, it's worth noting that CD sales aren't the ultimate proof of popularity (especially considering that most of the Sakamichi sales aren't based on song quality). I was looking at some of the Sakamichi instagrams. Yoda and Yamashita are close to a million followers (Asuka has around 600k but to be fair her feed is quite unorthodox, especially for an idol, so I imagine people don't feel compelled to follow her), Katoshi and Kyoko (two of the most popular Hinatazaka members) have around 250k followers, Risa and Yuuka (two of the most popular Sakurazaka members) don't even have 200k. My point is that even if somehow Hinatazaka (possible) or Sakurazaka (doubt it) surpass Nogizaka in CD sales, it won't magically make them more popular than Nogizaka.

And I fail to see why you'd compare this CD's sales, or really any CD's sales post COVID, with the previous ones. You need to put a big asterisk when it comes to talking about sales during the pandemic.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Yoda slots reduced to 7 affect the sales more than arno scandal

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    there is no doubt that nogizaka is still the most popular group and the best seller of the sakamichi groups. But in this case you can't determine the popularity with the instagram followers because asuka is undeniable the most popular member and she has less followers than yoda/mizuki and katoshi/kyoko just opened their instagram accounts like 2 months ago.

• Agree Agree x 4