1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Hello! I'm coming here with some suggestions for the Wiki:

Hinatazaka46 page:
    • In 'Overview' section it is said that the group's name come from Hinatazaka Street. I don't know if it was already discussed here, but the actual name of the street is pronounced as "Hyugazaka", although it is written the same way. Wouldn't it be better to insert the information this way with a note saying that Hinatazaka is a different pronunciation of "日向坂"?
    • Also in 'Overview' section, I believe it would be cool to put the meaning of the group's fandom name, Ohisama. The meaning is that "a sunny place (日向; Hinata) cannot exist without the Sun (Ohisama is a nickname for the Sun in Japanese), the same way Hinatazaka (the group) cannot exist without the fans (Ohisama). It's a cute and wholesome meaning :blush:
    • I don't know if there is a pattern for this, but I noted that in each group's page, the links on 'Members' section are always bolded unless the group is disbanded/inactive. In Hinatazaka's page it is not bolded but, as I said, I don't know if there is really a pattern for this, it's just something I noted.
    Team 8 page:
    • Some songs are missing from the page. These are: Hoshizora wo Kimi ni (Team 8 EAST), Shishunki no Adrenaline (Team 8 WEST) and Ikiru Koto ni Nekkyou wo!. Even though the first two are single units, I believe they should be included in the page due to still being Team 8, the same way Team 8 Senbatsu song was included.
    Thank you as always for the wiki editors :mail:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    You're right that it is Hyugazaka! The page used to read Hyugazaka; it looks like Takajuro accidentally changed it to Hinatazaka when they created the Overview section. I've corrected it now and added the trivia that Hinatazaka is a different reading of Hyugazaka.

Likewise I've added the explanation of Ohisama and bolded the "Members" section!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  3. kojimako

kojimako Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    Twitter:
    48keran
    on the ngt wiki page, under differences from other groups, it says "The basic activity is to perform at the NGT48 Theater, but unlike the sister group's concept of "idols who can go to meet", NGT48 is active with the concept of "idols who can go to meet"." i have no idea what this means as i don't follow ngt so if someone who is more familiar could fix this error, that would be great!

4. Lareriswen

Lareriswen Kenkyuusei

That just sounds like Team 8's concept lmao. I have no idea either what that means

5. qrunch

qrunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chen Qiannan
  6. moomookan

Oshimen:
    That section didn’t make sense, so I’ve removed it completely. I also corrected the explanation of the NGT logo. To be honest, the mention of wanting “fair skinned” members is a bit yikes, especially since Imamura isn’t involced anymore and a former SGO member is currently auditioning for the group. I am in favor of removing that line if others are too.

And on that topic: As a reminder to all, please do not copy/paste translated text from Google Translate onto the wiki. It seems like that’s what happened here on the NGT page (as well as the Hinatazaka/Hyugazaka mix up), and it leaves things a bit of a mess. It’s fine to use Google translate if you need, just be mindful to use standard English on the wiki! :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    That's because it is Team 8's concept. Gotta love Imamura's originality. Don't know why Google is drunk here, he was making a contrast between 「会いに行けるアイドル」 and「会いに行くアイドル」 (Idols who go to meet you, literally the same as Team 8).

To be fair, early in NGT's history they had various local fan meet events, so this wasn't just an empty claim. Not really true anymore, but that would be impossible with COVID anyway.

Not really...? It's not so much a race thing, the girls on the Sea of Japan side are paler because the winters are harsher and they don't get as much sun [hehe] Besides which lots of cultures throughout history have valued paler (than normal) skin for various reasons. Gives an ethereal, otherworldly quality; suggests wealth since not working in the fields all day; etc.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I'd go one step further ... imho it's not a race thing at all,
    it has to do with what people think is prettier, while we in the west tend to like a 'healthy' tan (which gives you skin cancer if you overdo it) in many Asian countries having a pale skin is what's desirable.
    I've seen plenty comments saying 'ah, she has such a nice pale skin' or have heard girls complain they were too tanned, in China I've noticed women outside wearing a sunvisor and loose 'sleeves' to protect them from getting tanned.

Geisha's etc. don't paint their faces white just out because it's tradition, they try for that 'perfect' look.
    (they used to black their teeth as well, but that's a fashion that fell out of style though (luckily imho))

As an aside, the tanned gyaru is obviously a counter culture ... just like how they switch from (ultra) short skirt to overly long skirts ... wanting to be pale is 'the norm', being tanned shows their rejection of that.

And yeah, being pale used to show you had the money to spend your days laying somewhere on your butt doing nothing, just like wearing white clothes.
    (and nowadays laying at a pool getting a tan)
    "how do you know it's a King?"
    "He hasn't got shit all over him"

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Here’s some photographic evidence of an early local fan meet ;) (although it was just for graduating member Mizusawa Ayaka in March 2017).

• Like Like x 1
  10. moomookan

Oshimen:
    I'm not saying that this isn't true; I know fair skin is valued in many cultures (not just in East Asia) and it's a reality of the world.
    I'm just saying that Imamura's quote "It would be nice if such members could join" is a bit awkward, since many of the NGT girls aren't particularly fair skinned (Kitahara Rie was captain for gosh sakes), Imamura isn't even involved in member recruitment anymore, and there is a Vietnamese girl currently auditioning.

We can keep it if you guys want. I just think it just feels unnecessary at best, and uncomfortable at worst.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. kojimako

kojimako Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    Twitter:
    48keran
    a bunch of the infoboxes on the wiki are appearing all messed up. i'm not sure if it's a software issue or a editing issue, but here's an example from shen ying's page:
    Agency {{{agency}}}
    Social Networks {{{sns}}}
    Idol Career Info
    Group
    AKB48 Team SH
    Team {{{team}}}
    Debuted July, 2018 / 1st Generation
    Generation {{{generation}}}
    i know this information was previously filled in. this is happening on lots of pages throughout the wiki and idk why

12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    So I decided to look up the original quote in more detail.
    https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/1445892.html

A few things of note:
    This predates the announcement of Rie's transfer and captaincy by about 2 weeks. Rie was not present.
    He actually says the women on the Sea of Japan side have the image of being fair- and smooth-skinned. (色白でもち肌)
    The mayor follows up with, "In Niigata, Snow, Rice, and Women are the three beautiful Whites." (Article also mentions it was snowing while the conference took place.)
    The April 10 announcement that Wiki48 references said nothing about fair skinned girls (or at least none of the news articles I could find report such a statement on that date):
    https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/akb48/news/1459633.html
    http://deview.co.jp/News?am_article_id=2051440
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2051441/full/

I do think the current wording is misleading, as it suggests he said those things at the meeting with Rie.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  13. moomookan

Oshimen:
    Thank you for sharing, I will use the direct quote from the Oricon article then, and revise to:
    • "Their logo color is white. The logo color was officially announced when theater manager [[Imamura Etsuro]] and [[Kitahara Rie]] visited Niigata on April 10, 2015. According to Imamura, the white logo with red letters and borders is reminiscent of Niigata's prefectural bird, the crested ibis, which has white wings and red plumage on its face. White also represents Niigata's local rice and snowy landscape, while red has an image of passion."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Update on http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Matsudaira_Riko

News stories say she is no longer with Image, at least at the moment (scandal).

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 7.20.43 AM.jpg

48pedia still has Image as her agency (イマージュエンターテインメント所属。), but says
    • 3月14日から所属事務所からプロフィールが消えているが、事務所側は「事務所の方針としてプロフィールを一旦下げている」と説明している[14]
    Some translators use the term "temporarily"

https://48pedia.org/松平璃子

You can find stories by searching for news about 松平璃子. [Sorry, but you have to use her Kanji name to get current Japanese results.]

You may want to adopt the 48pedia approach, leaving the agency but adding an update, or you can just ignore it until the dust settles.

15. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Yes, I mentioned this in a previous page but @takajuro changed the formatting of a few of the original infoboxes and subsequently messed up every page that linked to those boxes. I undid the one you linked but if you see this issue elsewhere, please let me know and I will revert the code.

If you want to edit the page for the infobox (or any other template for that matter), you have to do it so that it wouldn't mess up the formatting of the pages that link to it. It's ok to make a whole new infobox and slowly update the codes for individual pages, but don't update a template that would affect half of the wiki pages without the intention of updating them ASAP.

The agency hasn't officially announced anything, and Rikopi is still currently doing activities, updating her IG story, etc. She has Image Ent. in her IG bio, and her last IG story was 5 hours ago.
    I won't change it unless we get an official announcement, cause it just seems they hid her page due to the rumors.

16. moomookan

Oshimen:
    If this is happening on multiple pages, should we just try to undo Takajuro’s edit to the template? The template’s View History has an undo button after each edit, so in theory if we clicked undo it it would fix all the affected pages? (Not sure)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Takajuro's desired changes can be implemented without messing things up, just takes a bit more trickery to mark some of the boxes as optional.

18. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

They changed more than one template but I did undo the changes.
    I'm aware that you can make some fields optional, but Takajuro obviously hadn't done that which resulted in the issues mentioned before.

It's not hard to fix but since it results in a lot of broken pages, I just want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

20. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Following the NGT48 page discussion earlier, I have noticed it also says that:
    • On April 21, 2019, as the result of an ongoing scandal, NGT48 management dissolved the team system and separated the members by generations instead.
    Is it really ongoing though? I believe the scandal has already ended.