1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Generation AKB48 17th Generation

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mana, Dec 16, 2021.

1. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up

if the video does not show watch the video here
    First showroom feat Sorara, Mayuu, and Aichan.
    Personally these three left me impression of having nice smiles during the introduction event ( + Hotechan)

Also the interesting fact that management didn't realize Sato Airi is Sato Kiara's sister until the contract signing period.
    Means during the audition they didn't really check the background of the applicants? Only based on whatever documents were sent and individual performance during the audition rounds.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Yes! At the debut stage yesterday Airi said she wanted to be accepted into AKB on her own merit, so she purposely didn’t mention that she was related to Kiara. I was really impressed by this!
    I’m also surprised that management didn’t catch it sooner though. It makes you wonder how thorough this background check process is... lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    I've really latched onto Kokko and Hotechan right away and I feel like this generation has a lot of potential!

Kokko really didn't crack a SINGLE smile all throughout, she wasn't lying when she said she is bad with smiles lmao
    Hotechan is just adorable, cute, sweet and beautiful so what is there not to love!

other than that the youngest one and Sorara really stood out to me. Sorara I don't think talked that much but was positively vibrating with energy and the youngest was generally really chatty which I was really happy to see!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    Older gens are worried about their fickle fans changing oshimens

• Like Like x 3
  5. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up

Apparently Kokko also auditioned for Sasshi's ≒JOY as "Yukingo"

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Great! Your explanation really allay some of my concerns.
    Nevetheless, members of this gen need to get big faster than members of previous generations in the past. Hongo Yuzuha could be patient enough for half a decade of obscurity (her current success is admittedly a matter of sheer luck), but someone who joined at 20 might not be so.
    Anyway, even if something unfortunate happen with this generations,I think AKB48 can still afford to try again with gen 18 in 2025.

You didn't quote me, but it seems that you addressed me, because I'm the only one who use the word "adolescent" in this page. If so, then:
    My comment is an assessment, not a critique. I merely stated the differences between this generation and previous generations and new generation of other sister groups. My concern is more of how long these members can stay in the group rather than their actually age. New members need time to accumulate their fame and loyal fans, so one won't be likely to have much of them if she can't remain here for a relatively long time. Previously, I thought people who join the group around 19-20 aren't likely to stay in it for long, but @bonjourmarlene addressed these concerns of mine.

You've just gotten so many downvotes. Is it because you compared Zukky to Maglev surface or because you mentioned Johnny and JAV?

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    On a side note, if you look deeper into the official site, AKB48 has had to this date something like 1084 members (Id number for Yamasaki Sora).
    I'm not sure it's true (very not likely IMO)

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  8. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    The only way management or staff doing background checks would know about their relation is if someone with hawk eyes knew the names and address of Kiara's parents and was able to instantly recognise the same emergency contact details that the idols would have given to them during the contract signing/employment hiring process. That's probably how they eventually realized.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

And Zukki has the personality of a cardboard box (ditto YuiYui). Zukki is a real liability when it comes to gravure, just look at the upcoming issue of BOMB, it looks boring AF. Contrast that with NMB who seem to specifically hire grav-possible members.

It's fine to have experienced members but you have to wonder what the purpose of members like Ichikawa Manami or Shimoguchi Hinana is, it probably costs more to bus them to a HS event than what they recoup in tickets sold.

Sometimes you just gotta take some downvotes on the chin in order to lay down some truth!

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I fail to see how that's a problem. If anything it's even more reason to want Zukk gravure. She's got an amazing athletic figure.

LOL

If you want to phrase it like that. But really it's because it almost always* takes several years for a new member to find her footing. Someone joining at 20 is going to be 23+ before she hits her stride, if she even stays that long.

Yes, there's a 14yo. The problem isn't the lowest age, it's the average. It should have been 15-16, maybe even a little lower.

* And in my opinion the exceptions only serve to prove the rule.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just received my copy of the June edition of 'Up To Boy' which has a 10-page photo feature of Zukkii. IMO she has a very attractive slim figure with very shapely legs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Love, welcome to Stage48. The funny thing is that most people that do it... well, let's just say I've never read a post of theirs here.

Now now, it's thanks to the Zukkies that AKB hasn't been a total disaster (read this with Stranger Thing's Max voice). Someone needs to make up for the Moekas, the Minagawas and even for the Satones and Reis.

Where did I say that was a problem?

13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    :awesome:

Yes, thankfully members like Zukkii can be relied on to make up for management's obvious, visible from over the horizon, mistakes.

And the much less expected tragedies... :cry:

But that's probably enough said (here) about the Zukkmeister.

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I ordered a couple of copies of this...for the Hongo and YuuNaa bonus postcards lol. I think they're still in a tenso warehouse somewhere

hey don't get me wrong, I like Zukkii, her kks solo dance is still iconic imo and the fact that she's a "good girl" is refreshing these days.

Anyway I got around to watching the unveiling, as most people said Sato Jr seems like the real deal, Sora has a quirky cuteness, a lot of the girls have that nogizaka haircut and is it just me or does Hirate think she's the cutest in the gen by far?

15. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    I really like all the girls chosen for this generation, especially since the ages seem very reasonable. I watched the introductions and found their energy to be pleasant and refreshing. Based on the little bit I've seen of them I'm going to say that my favorites are Kokone, Eriko, and Miyuu. Niina could be a cool member, but I'm not quite sold yet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I have to admit I don't follow Manami a lot, but Hinana has been part of quite of variety content, and also she takes photos and does behind-the-scenes work. She is, for example, actually the official photographer for photos you can access by subscribing to AKB48 Mobile. Also, she's good at playing Dobbon and while that might not account for much, Dobbon has been able to sponsor 3 episodes of AKBINGO after it got cancelled, they've held a concert, have announced a second concert and loads of smaller events.

On the topic of 17th Gen, though. So far, I think my favourites are Niina and Moka. As of right now, that's purely based on looks, so it's subject to change. Although I hope they push the new gen properly, I'm also worried that 'airdropping' a new girl hasn't really seemed to work out much for AKB or even sister groups. Moeka was sort of like that and she couldn't handle the pressure and graduated. Can anyone actually think of a girl that got pushed a lot which was actually successful?

If I look at current front row of AKB48, Naachan, Yuiyui, Hiichan, Yuiri and even Yukirin were all sort of liked from the start, but it took years for them to be where they are now, and they're the ones carrying the group.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Does it count?
    b2qG57KK_400x400.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  18. kmacu

kmacu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Seems to be currently working for SKE with Mirei, no? Though longevity-wise, we'll have to see...

Not that I'm suggesting anything, since as I mentioned before in this thread, I don't really know what works in terms of pushing the right girl(s) at the right time. Feels like it just works when the planets align.

Anyway, based on the what I've seen from these girls, I'm liking Miyuu and Sora the most because of their unique appearance and auras. I also like several others, like Airi (she made an impression right away during Oogoe Diamond), Moka, and Eriko. Looking forward to their promo activities. Usually I end up following the same girls I liked from the beginning, so I don't expect much change there lol, but I'm keeping my eye on all of them anyway. When a new gen debuts, I tend to like everyone in that gen until that feeling expires. I could see Kokone's cool vibe growing on me, though.

19. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Someone already mentioned Acchan, but I believe Jurina and Sayanee have been quite successful as well. Nowadays, Yumirin seems to be going very well in STU (and she was already cited in this thread as an example of a member that entered the group in an "older" age and is still going strong in her group), same for Mirei in SKE. But, indeed, it is quite rare.

20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Was Paruru pushed? Or was she not successful?