Generation AKB48 17th Generation

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mana, Dec 16, 2021.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    In my opinion the girls chosen for pushing are part of the problem. For example, I think it should have been obvious (to mgmt) that Moeka was neither able nor committed enough to handle the sort of pressure both she and management were inviting with her manner of fishing and their decision to push her front and center, but they still went ahead with it. They picked a loudly ticking time bomb for a cornerstone. There is a place for idols like Moeka and Yukarin but it is not center nor anywhere loadbearing (apologies for the building metaphors :^^;:).

Mirei is basically the opposite in every way, and I think (so long as Zest is careful to support her and avoid overburdening her) she will go far. Yuiyui is another counterexample.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    More video. The title mentions Sato Kiara

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I did consider making this more specific in my post and decided against it, but I can see now I made a mistake. I don't think a group's original center counts for this discussion, so that sort of disqualifies Acchan, Jurina and Yumirin.

Sayanee didn't center NMB's first single, but I'd still consider her the original center of NMB because she centered HA! and the other 8 singles that came after ZKS :^^;:

Mirei is a good example though and I hope she does well!

I was also thinking of Nogi's most recent attempt at making a new gen member center, but that failed for different reasons.

I wasn't a fan of the group at the time, but I also thought Paruru's success took a while. It wasn't until 2012 that she was in senbatsu, and that was the single that had a dozen new girls included :^^;: But then again, she centered Anti and ranked in Undergirls in 2010, so if she is considered a management push, then definitely successful.

The members have also shared their favourite AKB songs on Tiktok:

• Ota Yuki: Oogoe Diamond
    • Kohama Kokone & Yamazaki Sora: Saikyou Twintail (made me think of @Mana)
    • Sato Airi: Heart Gata Virus
    • Hashimoto Eriko: Skirt, Hirari
    • Hasegawa Niina: Heavy Rotation
    • Hakateyama Nozomi: Everyday, Katyusha
    • Hirata Yuki: #SukiNanda
    • Hotei Moka: Iiwake Maybe
    • Masai Mayuu: 365nichi no Kamihikouki
    • Mizushima Miyuu: RIVER

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    JiJiPress

5. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Besides Mirei, may Yamamoto Ayaka counted? Through she wasn’t an airdroping center but she was promote about 6 months after her debut, immidiately chosen in senbatsu with hidden center after Sayanee, got a duet cover with Sayanee and became the center of team N (beside Sayanee again ;)) Her idol carrer ends in about 5 years, which is not a very long time but if she hadn’t graduated she would obviously become the new ACE of NMB48 so I think it could be counted as a success? And her graduation is not because of the pressure, it’s just her dream to become a nurse is bigger than become an actor.
    So I think a push like what NMB did with Aayan will be better if management want to airdrop a 17th girl to senbatsu or even front-row than make her center right away.
    Edit: I forgot, Aayan did center once. She was chosen to perform at center of “Boku wa Inai” on TV show even before her first senbatsu (which reminds me Momoka)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up

2nd Showroom feat Yukitan (Ota Yuki), Niinan, Yuki (Hirata Yuki), and Miyumin
    The onee-san group!

• Like Like x 3
  7. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I thought of Ayaka too, but she left in the middle of her push, right at the point of moving the grp forward, so she would be in the "fail?" catagory with moeka perhaps.

off topic pls respond in nmb48 thread but Ayaka's NMB48 successor seems to be Sakata Misaki, who is currently appearing is just about every nmb48 program they can shoe her in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Why do i have to keep reminding myself that i'm watching AKB kenkyuseis, not some sakamichi group's new members? :wtf:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Don't worry, Nogizaka now has a short-haired new gen member at the center. For now, there is no short-haired one in AKB48 17th gen and the next single is still several months away, so you can't mistake them for each other.
    Plus no one is known to own a gecko yet.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 7
  10. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up

Last Showroom before the TGC Teen event tomorrow.
    feat Nonchan, Hotechan, Erichan, and Kokko.
    The youngest 4 of the gen. Initially I can't believe Hotechan is the oldest of these four. But it shows in her good MC skills.

TGC Teen Fukuoka livestream
    They perform Oogoe Diamond again with Oshare company's school uniform designs

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Official video of the 17th Gen at TGC Teen 2022 Fukuoka - runway, self-introductions and a performance of 'Oogoe Diamond':

• Like Like x 8
  12. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Showroom Livestream after the TGC Teen event

• Like Like x 4
  13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane

• Like Like x 2
  14. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    So happy for them! Moka / Hotechan really stood out the most to me there. I think she has the most unique face among this generation and find her easy to spot and recognise among the rest.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I like that DH is putting a great effort in promoting these girls. It's been only 4 days since they were first revealed but they already got their first special stage in a fashion runway event and even could perform Oogoe Diamond, showing their unique and complete sides as idols. They are not on trainee level, they only need to work more on their expressions, but dance wise and also their singing are already very good. Aichan is very confident, I'm glad they choose her as the centre, at least in this initial moment, because she seems to have a strong leader aura so everyone could rely on her, both on the performance but also for other stuff.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. sarachuu

sarachuu Kenkyuusei

I’m really glad they’ve been getting some promo and exposure, and I think this group has some real potential. They may be a little awkward, but I think it’s really cute [hehe] I think they’ll be able to add something really good to akb once they get promoted.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Last edited: May 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  18. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Do you guys think that perhaps AKB48 management is planning a shift in strategy with this generation?
    Somehow I think they are aiming for a more artist-like image and a somewhat younger and different future fanbase.
    It's just a thought, may be wrong, because I don't really have any clear sign of it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Tokyo has been obsessed with how the nation is perceived by other countries since long before they won the Olympic bid (bunmei kaika). and i don't doubt that the 17th gens were picked with some kind of perceived shift in mind ( a little older, less loli ). but it's merely a surface change. I rest assured that this group is loved and supported by ojisans and management knows that. what are fans born in 2000s going to do with a stack of CDs anyway?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    I personally think it's too early to tell. They might've recruited girls that many people (including members) agreed to be better looking then previous average at their introductions, but if they are just going to do the same activities/songs/jobs as other members with no additional promotion/push/marketing then it's not a shift I guess. Even the current senbatsu is full of comparatively beautiful/cute people.
    But only time will tell how many of them will survive and, among those, which ones will be pushed and/or got lucky with some niche/viral interactions.

I hope to see some bonding events for 17th gen like some Nemousu TV Project, training camp, etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1