[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Darn! Two (OK, three) in a row! This was shocking, I didn't expect Ozeki to graduate so soon, on the heels of Risa and Aoi. I wish her the best, regardless, we'll miss "Ozeki style". (and poor Sawabe!) :(

I'm afraid Ozeki won't be the last 1st gen graduating this year...

2. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    We have to harden our hearts... It will be 1-2 grads on each single release. I'll be surprised if there will be a single 1st gen remaining by the summer of 2023...

Farewell cute Ozeki, thanks for all the beautiful memories and good luck to your future endeavours, sweet child...

3. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Btw, what do they do with the shoes that they used for performances, such as sports shoes and boots ? Some of the shoes we seem to only see for one performance o_O. Do they go back into storage, or thrown away, or donated to charity ? Would be a waste if such nice shoes are hardly used.

4. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Honestly, is there another idol group with a similar image to Keyaki46 with the same type of music etc. ? If not, it's really a pity. Looking back at their songs and live performances, it's really regretful that we won't be seeing performances with those sort of cool themes and costumes again. It's like the one and only animal from that species has died and is now extinct. Now their image is more similar to Nogi and Hina, both of which are too girly to relate to as a guy. :hmm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @Torigoya-San

I wish there were 10 winner banners that I could give you for that!

6. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    Into storage probably. Some day they might end up in a museum.

They may be used in the future if a song gets performed again, too.

7. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Really makes you wonder whether they really realize that Keyaki was the one and only idol group with that type of unique image, and rebranding would cause it to go extinct. :wall: The girls might not have realized it since they are perhaps young and inexperienced. But management, on the other hand, should have realized it and should properly consider it before making such a move. o_O

8. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I'm sure the 1st gen'ers realized that, but they could not have overridden management. If Sokosaku is any indication, they (management) have toned down the extreme and overly-done pinky-ness "look" right after the rebranding.

9. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    ^ But didn't it seem like all the members unanimously agreed to the rebranding ? From the looks of it, no one objected to it. Management might have been the one who suggested it, but it would be up to the members to really cause it to materialize. If some people did not want it, management would have taken note and considered. Guessing they got too affected by the criticism from haters. We have to remember that girls in that nation are not that strong-willed to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    See, the "footprint" of Keyakizaka was indeed unique... And still is...
    As the girls were growing however, they did not feel they could keep up with that angry, rebellious image. Therefore, evolution, through this rebranding was necessary.
    Keyaki's spot in the idol landscape is now empty. If it will be occupied with a new teenager group or not remains to be seen.
    There is one thing for sure. Keyaki 1st gen can no longer feel like they used to be. Soon there will be none...

11. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I agree, except...It is true that most of Keyaki songs are about the angry, rebellious image. But not ALL of their songs. The 3rd single, Futari Saison, was about freakin' love (oh, the horror!).
    How about unit songs such as Bathroom Travel, Ongakushitsu ni Kataomoi, Gomen Ne Christmas, 302-Goshitsu, Aozora Ga Chigau, Shibuya Gawa? They are either quirky, cute, or love songs, and very much part of Keyaki's discography. It seems that deep inside, "Boku" also had some moments of cuteness and love-longing indeed!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Indeed, however all the songs you mentioned are "imprinted" with the members they were given to. With these members long gone, I'm afraid the songs are no more.
    Unless they give them to new members something I'm looking forward to...
    Maybe I sound like a bitter old guy living in the past... Yes, I sound cynical because I loved that group of the past that was called Keyakizaka46...

13. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Has everyone watched the keyakitte kakenai episodes especially those from 2019 ? They were so fun and entertaining. There were a few episodes that I thought were boring but was surprised by how good they were :cool:. IMO they were way more entertaining than the soko magattara episodes. How come the Soko series can't be as fun as Keyakitte ? Has anyone noticed that the current series are not as interesting ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Is it me or has this forum gone quite quiet recently?

Saku has changed.
    Nogi has changed.
    Only Hina who still has the Gana spirit despite name change.

Saku might not longer be viral like teenagers but I have learned to like their new style.
    We can say they are like Hina and Nogi now which I disagree with when I have yet to see a song like Nagaredama from Nogi.
    Backs Live 3rd single showed Nagaredama in its own right and bizarre.

Saku have left the gloom behind them to find their new worldview. The first four singles were overloaded with almost same theme I agree, but fourth single has become more vague on love songs to find more variety and I'm pretty sure the 1st album will give us variety/experimentation we desire as fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

The Saku forum has long periods where nobody comments at all. Contrast that with the Nogi and Hina forums, where there are comments almost everyday...

16. sakurasucker

sakurasucker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tomita Suzuka
    LOL, this is just the Nth proof of how different people might actually see the same things differently...:^^;::^^;::^^;:

I honestly have mixed feelings regarding the old Kanji Keyaki and even their varieties (there were things I really liked and things I really didn't :oops:), whereas now I'm really loving Sakurazaka AND SokoSaku! :1st:
    (I'll admit it: much more than HinaAi, which I'm finding mostly bland and uninspiring, lately :fear:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Futari Saison is still my favourite Kanji KYK track, and was also the track that got me into listening to Kanji KYK.

For me, the best Keyakakke episodes were when Shida was doing all her nonsense.

Personally I am sad to see her graduate from the group that she cared so much about. Hope she will have a successful career after graduating.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKZ Audition CM (Morita ver):

if the video does not show watch the video here

SKZ Audition CM (Fujiyoshi ver):

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  18. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

LOL came here after yesterday's SokoSaku and saw the comment. I was like wtf. I had a good laugh last night lol

As for posting, i guess most of the time it' ppl talking abt the past. I mean I came here after a while and still there are discussions abt keyaki time etc. Ppl probably get tired of it. If we can focus more on the now grp, it might pick interests

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Keyakitte Kakenai had more fun topics such as quiz king, reaction checks, comedy bums challenge, etc. Why can't we have such cool themes now ? :confused: It seems as though the pandemic has affected creativity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Because the only time people want to talk about Saku is when they mention how great Keyaki was... the ones who still care about Saku got tired of only seeing that and left :')
    But i suspect when we get 3ki, the old fans will make their way back here to comment.. hopefully some of them stick around again...