[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I actually wanted to see more talk abt 3ki, how they wld be like, what we want to expect etc but alas it's always back to keyaki. Don't get me wrong, I love keyaki too, so does most of us who aren't here now but if we want to have a great grp we need to focus on who they are now.

@Torigoya-San I don't know if you have been watching sokosaku cos they're still doing these things. Even yesterday's ep was abt king of bad taste or so. And next weeks also gonna be another quiz king since Aoi grad

2. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

The ones who truly "care" about Saku should then be saying something, not just "leave". (Ozeki leaving, 3rd gen announced... barely any comments)

3. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Btw, for the 3rd gen, what type of members do you hope they recruit ? Personally I hope to see more like Morita and Matsuda type of girls. Girls who are smart and not just a pretty/kawaii face. After all, this is Saku/Keyaki and not just another idol group.

4. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Really I've been waiting for them even before the announcement. The group is now balanced and will be happy to see more of the members' characters on 3ki too. Having some Matsuris and Kiras will be nice but I want some Yuukas, kaichos and Pons too lol

5. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    Girls who are good in variety but also smart, but yeah the main thing i hope is the girls who join truly love sakurazaka46 and do their best. They dont have to be dance machines or like the best singers as long as they love sakurazaka46

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    Probably just as Sakura is not Keyaki, SokoSaku is not supposed to be Keyakake. They might be trying to find their own way in variety instead of feeling like a Keyakake reskin.

It’s definitely a thing- HinaAi has it’s own vibe compared to KojiChuu, and it would make sense for Keyakake to change its vibe since it is now SokoSaku.

But, there is a certain point where it goes too far I think. I don’t think there was something particularly Keyaki about all of those segments they did and it would be fine to do it again.

Btw they have actually brought stuff back from Keyakake. They did the various rankings and “you can’t beat me at this” plans/企画. Hopefully they bring back more over the coming months, as they would be fun.

7. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Ah that 3rd gen...!

Having experienced the thrill that was 4th gen Nogizaka and the (much greater thrill) that is 5th gen Nogizaka (that has currenly attracted ALL my attention btw), I just pray for a bunch of girls ALL with different personalities. No Pons, no Yuukas, no Marinas... Just different girls that would make the group even more colorful. And if that happens, I just pray they take good care of these girls and promote/push them properly (because we already had some bright new personalities already - call me Akipo - call me Marino - call me Kira, but they were pictured like weirdos, with background UFO music, like some outliers compared to the immaculate whiteness of the smart, talented or princess-like "vocal majority" of Sakurazaka stardom...)

As for the environment they will be working with, I just hope it won't be the stale, stagnant, immobile, slurred, slothy, nothing-new-is happening environment of Sakurazaka46... Yes, I am THAT mean, because despite the fact that SokoSaku DOES have good moments, the whole concept is becoming a little bit... tiring. I hope the new girls have their own "Sakurazaka no Star Tanjou" or their own concept of variety show like "Sakurazaka no Gaku Tabi" or their own talent-like show like "Sakurazaka Skits". Even if they cannot come with a new concept, I'm PERFECTLY OK on immitating and copying the aforementioned ones.

Sakurazaka46 is currently producing the VERY BEST of songs among Sakamichi. Is this enough though? 4-5 great songs, 2 MVs and then silence?

I thing these girls and of course the new 3rd gen girls that will join the group with so many dreams, definitely deserve more...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Certain episodes of Sokosaku does feel kinda boring compared to Keyakitte. And it's a little stereotyped, such as girls there must be good at cooking, etc. We need more wild, over the top episodes, such as the Yoshimura episode, location shoots, reaction checks, etc.

For the 3rd gen, would like them to be witty, funny, and not too soft. Some of the 2nd gen members are kinda boring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I'd like to agree with those wishing for new members with all sorts of personality types and characters. However I'd like to add that it would be better if a significant portion of new members were middle/highschoolers. Not only is it better from the business standpoint, as they will be able to have a longer idol career, but it's also far more exciting to see them develop and realize their hidden potential. Case in point, Ten-chan (but I kinda knew from the start she'd go big eventually). Despite the so called refined and otonappoi image that current Sakurazaka seems to be adopting, a bit of awkwardness that stems from being unfamiliar with the showbiz might freshen up the variety to a great extend. Since we are unlikely to see a new Sakamichi group being created from scratch anytime soon, at least let's utilize the 3rd gen freshness as much as possible. I'm always the one to be clinging to the past, but even I can admit that in order for the group to reach new heights (or restore former glory) we need the 3rd gen to come in numbers (at least 7 or 8 people) and be able to bring something new with them. Just let them be themselves and we might see some new stars rising.

@blabla123 has mentioned that they don't need to be dance machines or the best singers. I can only partially agree with it. In my opinion, the group is pretty good dance-wise, but current Sakurazaka seems to be lacking in prominent singers with a clear and powerful voice, hence we need some people who can actually sing. Not trying to offend anyone, but to me only Marina and Ten-chan seem to have the aforemntioned qualities when it comes to singing. It has become a bit of a problem since Sakurazaka songs tend to have many solo lines and frankly they sound kinda meh most of the time.

And one last thing, can we go back to big senbatsu please? To me, one of the major points that make Boku no dilemma stand out among Saku songs is that it utilizes the full senbatsu. It doesn't have to be full senbatsu all the time, but the current 14-15 members for the main song is just way too small. If they want to persist with Sakura 8, at least bump the members count up to at least 18-20 and then we can talk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    To me the main importance is if the 3ki members are working hard and doing what they love. I am looking forward for the new girls, it will be a turning point for the group. I also hope for gen songs and some more sub units. Also a new hype song. For in the future i hope we will get a drama, I think that will be very exciting. But yeah these are mainly just wishes

11. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I've seen people make comments which have gone ignored, and I've made multiple comments which have gone ignored too. It's frustrating and honestly I can understand why those fans move elsewhere to discuss the group where they know people will talk about the present and not the past (like twitter for example). They do care about the group, they're just talking about them elsewhere lol.
    -

I'm very excited for the new 3ki to arrive, I hope they're all a bunch of pretty and interesting girls who can really shake up the group just like 2ki did. I want a completely entertaining batch! A few burriko characters, a few too cute to be true girls, a idol you only see every 1000 years, a techi wannabe, A poisoned tongue girl that can stop Inoue and Chukemon in their tracks during sokosaku! A smart and beautiful girl that causes chaos just be her mere presence. And then of course, the usual girl next door idols who turn into superstars! My ideal number would be 9-14 girls, hopefully someone younger than Tenchan! I think ten is more than ready to become a senior with all her senpai leaving and her trying out more mature styles.

BUT I hope the remaining 1ki decide to stay for a few more years. Part of me thinks they all have the same mindset of their time in the group being over so they're calculating who goes when, but I hope that's not the case, I'd love to see Yuuka, Pon, Habu and Koike especially stay a little longer, as much as they enjoy their time here. It would be cool if like with Matsuri, when Yuuka eventually graduates, they give the subleader position to a reliable 3ki, so I hope Yuuka stays for at least 2 more years haha

I would actually be happy with senbatsu's that are no larger than 16(18 MAX), that's how it used to be back in the day, it wasn't so large that you didn't know who was who, but it wasn't so small that you couldn't tell it was a 48/46 group performing. It's a big enough number that we don't feel like very popular girls are being left out just so they can maintain a number.. which brings me to a rather stale point...

Does the current Sakurazaka really have more than 14 "senbatsu" girls right now? I personally always compare any 48/46 senbatsu to the heydays of AKB circa 2011, NMB circa 2014, or Nogi circa 2016. Their senbatsu line-up's were absolutely stacked and there was honestly no one who I could ask "why is this girl in senbatsu?" because they all had something going on outside the group OR making waves within the group.

Of this current Sakurazaka 15 member senbatsu, there are still a few girls in there where I think "what have you been doing thus far?", and it's not because I haven't been paying attention to them, it's because they just aren't making waves like they used too or like their gen mates. I'm all for giving members a chance to experience senbatsu and try to gain new fans, but at some point It feels more like they're only trying to fill the gaps left by other senbatsu members who have graduated.....

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Funny, I think Hina has changed most: to a very traditional, almost AKB type idol group. Very good at what they're doing, but not what I enjoy. Not every member agreed with the rebranding. The one who most disagreed was Memi, who in the end actually refused to go on. But I have read bits and pieces suggesting that other members were upset, at least at first. I think one was Miho (at first). I don't mean to say there's anything wrong with the way they went. It has worked very well. Just not for me.

Keyaki is what brought me to the idol world and for me it's a shame there is no longer a group like them. But perhaps that intense and somewhat out-of-control approach can only continue so long before it gets stale or fall apart.

I always remember something Aki-P said, I think in late 2016 or early 2017: that he lets the members of a group determine (really help determine) the nature/style of the group. The gradual change in spirit of Sakurazaka may be due to the members -- with the gen2 members becoming more influential than the gen1s.

As for the gen3s (or is it gen4s?), the first two video ads for the rehearsals have come out, featuring Hikaru and Karin:

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

True. And from oomf on twitter, there seems to be a lot of discussions on the sakuzaka discord too. It seems that's where most are: discord and twitter. Not being here doesn't mean we don't love the group lol.

I have the same thoughts too. From recent grad announcement, it seems like they're saying our time is over. I understand, given how most focus has been on 2ki but I hope s&f give more focus to the remaining 1ki, like, make one a main center for real lol

And yes a Renaaaa PB. Wow, that really caught me by surprise.

14. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    We need more smart, interesting girls like Morita and Matsuda. Some of the 2nd gens are somewhat boring.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I personally don't find any of them boring at all. I feel that members like Kosaka and Hikari aren't given the chance to prove themselves but they both are interestong from mobame alone. It's why I said the grp is balanced now so with 3ki joining there's gonna be a lot to look forward to

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  16. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Boring 2nd gens? I assume you mean in SokoSaku only (not performance-wise), so let me throw caution to the wind and mention some names...

Hikari: Her nervousness gives her a mental block whenever she has to come up with something (she has improved somewhat lately).
    Kousaka: Deadpan delivery of lines. Can be good at times, but I feel she can give more.

Borderline:
    Seki: While she has contributed to quite a few laughs, most have been on the receiving end having to do with her kaichou character. Her delivery is only a bit less dry than Kousaka.
    Ozono? She started so well with her memo routine, but she hasn't used it lately. I feel she has receded into the background as of late.

Now, I agree not everyone needs to be an Inoue or Takemoto, and everybody's personality is different, but I do feel the names mentioned have come across to me as "boring" or "somewhat boring" at one time or another. Perhaps you have different girls in mind?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

I’m a big fan of both Hikari and Marino, but I don’t necessarily know that it’s a matter of them just not being given chances in variety. I do think Hikari in particular has improved over the past year and Marino has definitely shown glimpses too, but there are still times where Marino will be lobbed a softball and just not really do anything with it. But yes, I agree that mobame is where it’s at for anyone who wants to appreciate them a bit more. Marino completely lit up when I mentioned to her how much I like her mobame during meguri.

I also wanted to formally disagree with the assertion that Rei is boring. My favorite members are all under attack lmao.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

There are plenty of groups like that among alt-idols, some of which would make Keyakizaka look like a boarding school tea party in comparison. @Torigoya-San and @Philosophy Senpai sounds like you both should take note as well, this style is certainly not "extinct" nor is there an "empty gap".

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

There are plenty of "out there" idol groups, in the alternative/underground idol categories. While their looks and/or attitude may make Keya look like a boarding school tea party, musically speaking, they simply can't compare. And that's the point of @Torigoya-San and @Philosophy Senpai

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^@tzatziki2 Agreed! Even when Keyakizaka was alive and well, it always confused me when I saw fans here claim their was no other group like them, when you have groups like BISH (and the whole of WACK in general tbh) who are just as edgy and cool (if not more) as Keyaki was. "Musically" speaking, BISH are pretty amazing! Their quality of music is great, and if you loved the cool dark and rockish vibes of songs like Fukyouwaon, Hirashin, Moumori etc, you'll enjoy BISH's songs like Distance, More than Like, My landscape, Promise the star etc etc etc. There are tons of alt-idols and even chika-idols if you want to delve into that realm of j-idoldom.

@Jsprite If i'm being completely honest, those members would be the names that come to mind if I think of the most 'boring' members. I would also include Uemu as well as she's similar to Kaichou, beautiful but very reserved and usually the butt of the joke rather than the one who makes the jokes. Rei was doing very very well but I think that she found her character as an elegant and smart idol, and the whole note-taking stick doesn't really work with that. She isn't as vocal as she used to be when she first debuted, so I feel she's been overshadowed by Kira and Akiho's energy and Rena's burriko character. That being said, she's like Risa where her beauty alone will carry her, and those who get to know her will see her funny side eventually.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2