JKT48 RIVAL(s)

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by too much idea, Jun 10, 2013.

1. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Tbh not sure, but severall girlgroup appear to be become more popular within the Jpop community in Indonesia. Cherrybelle is making new comeback and Goplay is holding audition for new girlgroup (or was this audition for cherrybelle I forgot) with some former member participating in audition. It will be funny if at least all girlgroup in indonesia have 1 or 2 former JKT member lol.

2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune

if the video does not show watch the video here

Hololive ID 1st gen MV

3. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Hololive ID begins translating Hololive songs into Indonesian

4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune

Hololive ID debuts on Hololive Alternative, Hololive web anime

Only first gen appears but it's a good move. I'll be waiting for my oshi Kobo Kanaeru's turn. She's a rising star. Just debuted last April but gains fans quickly. Pretty sure she'll reach 1 million subscribers next month (July). ;)
    OK, I'll clarify because of Hololive ID, why need to envy to BNK48 creating CGM48 because Indonesia has something better.

Yeah, maybe Hololive will expand to Thailand in the future and it's actually better than BNK48 creating a sister group in a city in Thailand other than Bangkok that has less people than Cengkareng.

As well as Philippines, Taiwan, even Cover Corp may revive Hololive CN (China) but seems it may cause outrage among fans.

Even Hololive can expand to wider than 48g. Hololive has created a branch for English language audience called Hololive EN, Gawr Gura is the most popular vtuber, she's from USA.

There's also a rumor that Hololive will expand to Spanish language world. I know some 48 fans want Mexico48 because Annin was successful playing a telenovela there but it's make more sense if the one expand there is Hololive, not 48g.

Even Korea too! Actually, another major vtuber group, Nijisanji had expanded to Korea earlier even they also had an Indonesian branch. But they merged Nijisanji ID & KR to main branch (JP). What an unfortunate but I wish Nijisanji ID & KR can be activated again. Nijisanji EN is still active. Contrary to Hololive, Nijisanji can have male talent meanwhile Cover has a separated group for their male talents named Holostar.

I support all Indonesian vtubers. Hope this fandom keeps getting better, bigger, & stronger. :blush:

6. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  7. welp

welp Next Girls

Fair enough. The Thai will ever envy over Hololive ID neither.

Not sure how many peoples they are in Cengkareng but, Chiangmai has over 1m population. The problem is not the population number but, its level of urbanization and income per capita.

Not like vtube is any popular in USA so, whatsoever.

Neither makes sense anyway. Still, at least, Hololive is cheap to expand, no big manpower needed.

Not over Eternity's visual bodies.

8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    @welp
    IMG_20220625_153300.jpg IMG_20220625_153326.jpg

In my POV that a 48g should be made in a city with at least 1 million residents

Chiang Mai & Niigata should be not big enough to create a 48g there

Also vtuber is now a bigger fandom than 3d idol like 4846, as Japan's biggest entertainment product is ACG, it's not South Korea

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Saigon has nearly 9 millions people but SGO48 still failed there.

10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    OK, forget about that

But I'd like to tell you that according to Tanigoo Motoaki aka Yagoo, CEO of Cover Corp, Hololive is inspired by AKB48, that means Hololive ID is inspired by JKT48

Actually, Hololive's first overseas expansion was in China but Hololive CN was dissolved due to a political reason

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Rainych Ran, the most popular utaite singer from Indonesia

Not necessarily a rival of JKT48 but also has the same mission that is to promote Jpop in Indonesia

12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Hololive ID first single could've been good to be an original single of JKT48

Meanwhile here's Nijisanji ID first single. Nijisanji can have both of female & male talents on a same group. But too bad Nijisanji ID & KR were merged to the main branch in Japan. At least Nijisanji ID webseries are still available but now on Nijisanji main channel. Actually I hope Nijisanji ID & KR can return as separated groups again someday.

Meanwhile about Indonesian 3d idol, here's Kohi Sekai, a local idol from Jogja. Their song is pretty nice. I believe they also performed on a same stage where JKT48 also performed when visiting Jogja

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  13. yaohne

yaohne Member

Oshimen:
    chikanorina
    I recall a group that make me think whaouh they can be jkt48 rival. Lusca... Ah is sad that they have not a good management because I was pretty sure they would become a popular idol group in Indonesia.

Their 1st single scarlet melody was so good

14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    CONGRATS KOBO CHAN FOR 1 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS.
    FB_IMG_1657453010037.jpg

Now every gen of Hololive ID has a vtuber with 1 million subscribers

Moona Hoshinova (1st gen) , Kureiji Ollie (2nd gen), & now Kobo Kanaeru (3rd gen)

Why Kobo is so popular among Indonesian weebz? Because she represents Indonesian teenagers who wish they were anime characters

The only 3 vtubers from Indonesia, even all of Southeast Asia, who have reached 1million subscribers, all of them belong to Hololive ID

The only non Indonesian Southeast Asian vtuber who belongs to a top vtuber agency is Millie Parfait who belongs to Nijisanji EN, she's from the Philippines

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  15. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I'd rather not, tbh. Don't get me wrong, it's a great song, it has great lyrics, its sound is so cheery. But it sounds too much anime-ish. Too much... cotton candy, bubblegum. Too sweet sounding. I don't feel it'd fit JKT48. Unless the sound is altered and anime-vibe is toned down.

But tbh, I don't think JKT48 is aiming for anime fans demographic? At least not so much where it affects its music to be heading towards anime-sounding songs. Sure, JKT48 songs are basically AKB48 songs, but its more gearing towards JPop idol scene sound and not Jpop anime scene sound, and I feel each has its unique sound. Plus, their original single a-sides hasn't been so much JPop-sounding. The first was basically Indonesian Pop, the second its a hybrid somewhere in between.

Plus, it'd be too restricting if they adopt generic anime-sounding songs. I'd rather JKT48 stick with the Flying High direction.

16. welp

welp Next Girls

Fun fact, had you scrolled down, you would have seen that was the number of population in Chiangmai municipality area and the whole Chiangmai city had almost 1.19 million population in total.
    Anyway, the problem of CGM48 has never been the number of Chiangmai's population but the income per capita and culture. The initial plan was to make use of Chiangmai's strong tourism industry attracting roughly 10 million visitors yearly. Apparently, COVID has tanked that plan.

Another fun fact, South Korea's game industry has outgrown its music ally for years. Check out how much the like of Netmarble and Ncsoft earn yearly and compare to HYBE and S.M. Possibly, the value of K-drama is greater than K-pop too.

Vtuber's fandom is bigger than 46? Even Aquors was not in Nogizaka's league.

Do not 48G and anime share largely otaku demography?
    What if the music arrangement and voice design been more westernized? Something similar to

(Garena is Singapore based.)

17. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Yeah, sure, you could call idol wotas as otakus too, but they are not the same, I feel. And sure the fans of both has quite an overlap. But the sound each has are different. For example, even within idol scene, AKB48 group dont have the same sound as Morning Musume, much less NiziU.

I feel JKT48 has come to a point where it is a fusion between Indonesia and JPop Idols in a little more balanced way (compared to their beginning). Sure its demographic is still mainly indonesian market of japanophile, but it has gone past the stage where they have to act too much like japanophilia and just be themselves a little bit more. To go back to that I feel would be a step back. Plus Japan idol scene, Japan pop music scene, is much more than sugary bubblegum idols. Keyakizaka46 as an example for theathrical choreography with impactful lyrics, Morning Musume's musicality and other girl groups like E-Girls, BiSH, Perfume, etc. Heck even Babymetal is still an idol girl group, albeit their concept being more metal-centric.

And yeah, I admit anime songs come in different forms. I guess I'm more addressing the type that are usually associated with idol anime musicality or generic shoujo magical anime musicality. Because lets be honest, albeit it having a dedicated hardcore following, it's still a niche interest.

I guess this is why at the peak, JKT48 was more of a novelty and not exactly something people readily and easily hum along its tunes.

I wished JKT48 broke through the sinetron scene, they could get deals with the shows' accompanying songs/soundtracks. Or have some members enter those audition shows.

18. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    images.jpeg

Maha5 (read mahapanca, Sanskrit words for great five), the first vtuber agency that is originally made in Indonesia. Their most popular talent, Andi Adinata is the most popular Indonesian male vtuber & the most popular Indonesian vtuber who belongs to an agency other than Hololive ID.

@welp outside Japan Nogi is obscure. Yeah maybe Nogi can become popular abroad because the mangaka of Spy x Family is a fan of them but yeah I think won't be huge

Have you ever heard about Chiki Chiki Bang Bang by Queendom? Maybe it's just another one shot group from Avex but they have de facto most popular idol song this year because it's the theme song of Paripi Koumei, a well rated anime last spring.

Yeah Nogi soldout Nissan Stadium but come on wots, outside Japan, Love Live & Hololive are more popular than any of Sakamichi or 48g. Why? Because anime is the largest Japanese entertainment product

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  19. welp

welp Next Girls

Is the market clearly separated? Clearly, despite their differences, the more popular AKB48 became, the less popular Morning Musume turned. A similar case happened between AKB48 and Nogizaka46. If you look at K-pop, regardless how different aespa and ive are, they share many of fans.

Since JKT48 is resorting mainly on Japanophile, is the divergence from J-pop stereotype really a good idea? Is the latest song well received? Moreover, the divergence spark a bigger question, is it necessary to keep spending money on 48 franchise? If the group is not gonna release more 48 songs nor does more collab activities, what is the point of the costly franchise?

Is hololive even widely recognizable in Japan? Where on earth it is not obscure? Heck. Some days ago, it was a report about a vtuber making fun of a mass shooting event and the journalist put it simply that vtuber was youtuber who used cartoon character avatar.

Never heard of that song. It was popular? Where was it peak on Oricon or Billboard Japan digital chart?

Anime being bigger than J-pop in no way means love live or hololive is more popular than nogizaka. Is I-DLE more popular than Twice since it has collab with League of Legend for K/DA project?

20. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Tiktok-Survei-impian-anak-kelas-1-SD-di-Jepang (1).jpg

Maybe this survey isn't reliable but this guy was asking to Japanese first grade elementary school students about what they want to be when they grow up, most girls said they want to become Hololive vtubers.

Yes I acknowledge that vtuber has a dark side too. If only you've heard about the case of an ex Hololive member named Rushia who was caught dating Mafumafu, a male utaite singer. Cover corp released a statement that has an implicit message that can be interpreted that they don't forbid their talents from dating but Rushia still decided to leave because of her own will. Some fans actually support Rushia & Mafumafu's relationship. I guess you don't know who Mafumafu is but he was on Kouhaku last New Year Eve, while AKB48 wasn't.

Here's what Chiki Chiki Bang Bang. Yeah, it's more popular among otaku community abroad than in Japan itself. Just watch this video then you'll know why weebz love this song:

Chiki Chiki Bang Bang (I prefer this spelling) is the favourite anime opening theme of spring 2022 by Animetrendz
    FB_IMG_1657836416931.jpg

Actually all idols aren't as popular as you think.

Pointing at 48g & Sakamichi, they put bonuses in their CDs. This attracts fans to buy multiple copies of a same CD. This is how 48g & Sakamichi top Oricon chart. But sadly, 48g & Sakamichi are nowhere on Spotify chart. This makes anyone may doubt if 48g & Sakamichi popularity is real.

The last one, please realize that Jpop isn't only about idols.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022