1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Honda Hitomi (Hiichan) / Team 8

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    As expected, "privacy" and "concept of personal space" went outta window the moment she's touching down in Korea lol

2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Music Voice has just uploaded this video of Hii at KANSAI COLLECTION 2022 AUTUMN & WINTER wearing a different outfit than in previous clips from the event:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................
    https://twitter.com/kamaigachi/status/1557347286404911104
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1557330764814987264/pu/vid/1280x720/bFfGIPe_guZe8lRi.mp4
    =======================================================================================
    Filming the Korean version of the MV for What do the Foxies say?, the main theme of the new Spy Kids movie.

[​IMG]
    =======================================================================================
    https://twitter.com/tbs_loveit/status/1557303670643228672
    [​IMG]

Denmark is richer than Austria.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  4. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:

....................................................................................................................................................................................................
    NyanNyan's Twitter
    https://twitter.com/kojiharunyan/status/1558394452796145666
    [​IMG]

6. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    They've been saying that at least since after the IZONE hiatus ended, when they returned and Hitomi had lost a lot of weight. It's not gonna change. She's said multiple times she has issues with a lot of foods, problems digesting, always getting stomach aches. It's no wonder she doesn't enjoy eating much when it makes her feel bad after all the time.

She's not unhealthy because she's skinny, she's skinny because she's got a health problem they haven't figured out how to solve.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    One thing I don't understand: how come she never had those health issues, she was really plumpy all of her idol life, but during her adventure in Korea (2018-21), a society and culture (K-Pop) known for being too harsh on physical appearance and right after getting so many online comments on her cheeks, she suddenly "finds" an health issue about her eating and weight that she can't fix? Sounds too far-fetched, doesn't it?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wasn't food disgusting between 2015 and mid-2018? No stomach aches? When she demands that Oden doesn't eat chips is it because Oden has health issues too?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    Vietnamese fans often call her "Hii the chubby" (they have their own unique system of nicknames to call 48G members).
    Even in 08/2018, she still looked exactly like in these photos.
    In Japan, I think girls can be idol even if you are chubby or aren't slim. On YouTube, I've seen various underground idol groups having chubby members.
    Even inside 48G (including ex-members), Oya Shizuka, Shimada Haruka, Tashima Meru, Tanaka Miku (and various other members/ex) don't have hourglass body and fans are fine with them being so.
    Japanese idol fans don't seem to be too picky regarding body shape of their idols.

10. W12*48

W12*48 Kenkyuusei

i kinda half agree on that.. i agree that she's not unhealthy because she's skinny, but i don't believe she's skinny because she's got health problems either
    (not fully at least.. cause i think the reason she's getting stomach aches quite often is cause of cold temperature as far as i know, cause she can't stand cold temperature at all).

i agree on how kpop culture known for being harsh on physical appearance.. and that might made her to start diet (or might not..)
    but i think she like the result then just decided to maintain it even after she left korea imo, just like how she likes to dye her hair now.
    cause i never heard her complaining about how skinny she's right now or wanting to adding little bit more weight or even worse CANT cause she got health problem and ect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    @Mimikkyu , @W12*48 , it's just speculation but this is what I believe since it makes sense taking into consideration what she used to be, what se became and all the context surrounding her.
    Hii found herself in a world completely different from she was used to. Suddenly, she was surrounded by the Nazg... by nine Korean girls, all tall, slim, perfect, products of tons of surgery (and one Japanese cough). She felt the pressure, she was short, fa... chubby and, even worse, Japanese. She was one of the least popular members of the group and was always being compared by the fans and media to the other members. This girl who never had any problem with food was now the only person in IZ*ONE who would barely eat anything. You could see that she was always running away from it when everyone else was enjoying their meals. Her cheeks wouldn't go away with a simple massage, she had to lose weight. Unfortunately, she had to lose almost all of her body mass just to eliminate a small amount of her cheeks. That's how she is.
    After returning to Japan she didn't leave Korea behind. There's still a massive number of Koreans in her fanbase that she has to please. Not to mention that she came back thinking that K-Pop was superior and tried to change AKB in a way that would make them be more Korean. Until she lets Korea go for good she will always be too conscious about her body.
    She's also the worst person to ask the question what's going on. You don't ask a junkie if he is addicted to drugs. From an anorectic woman's point of view there's nothing wrong with her head but her body. Whatever is wrong with her I can't trust her evaluation 100%. She may or may not have an health issue that makes food so problematic for her, but again, it wasn't like that before Korea and it's strange for something like this to appear in such a convenient time, too much of a coincidence.
    And let me point out again her demanding that Oden wouldn't eat chips. Well, since Oden doesn't have any health issue it means that from Hii's point of view chips are simply bad and should never be eaten. If she's like this with chips imagine what she thinks of many other foods. It doesn't have anything to do with any health problem she carries. She doesn't eat it because she doesn't want to.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. W12*48

W12*48 Kenkyuusei

you can apply the same thing to nako tho, and i can even argue that nako is even less ideal by the standard of the kpop culture that has been mentioned before than hitomi.
    and she was also one of the least popular members of the group. did she change much when she left? no.
    did she even less popular than before cause of that? don't think so...

is that a bad thing? that's like 2,5 years of her own hard work right there.. so why would she leave korea behind completely.
    and if bringing kpop to AKB to at least try something fresh or new is another bad thing then welp...

look, all im saying is if right now Hitomi's body is suddenly back to pre-izone, she doesn't need to worry about losing her fans at all (japan or korea)
    cause im pretty sure at least 90% of them have already been a fan of her since PD48 anyway.
    plus there's no longer pressure for her to be compared to other members by the so-called "fan" (probably just fans of another group who likes to judging.. f them) and the korean media anymore.

i get where you're coming from, but... idk man, i feel like you kinda jump to the worst scenario possible,
    or i'm just a guy that's too optimistic cause i think she just likes the way she is right now, that's it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Hiichan speaking at the Korea Tourism Summer Festival 2022 in Chiba:

14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Nako's body has always been well proportioned. There is nothing about her that would make her eat more or eat less. The only thing she was criticized about was her height, and there's nothing visible that she can do about it, unless she undergoes limb lengthening surgery, which I'm sure they do in Korea, but that is not an option. Yet, I'm sure you remember how often she would show a pair of tits five times her real size, much like Yuiyui did before the release of her photobook.
    But above all else, Nako was a 9th placed ranker in the Sousenkyo, popular and loved in Japan; and I guess she had many fans in Korea already. For her, Korea wasn't a game changer. She would do fine without IZ*ONE and she still does after their disbandment.

[​IMG]

AKB was very successful for 14 years before the NGT scandal, even when things weren't as they used to be. And they did it by just being AKB, a Japanese idol group that does Japanese idol group stuff. Sakamichi groups and Sashihara groups are still sucessful without having to become like K-Pop. In fact, most AKB fans were asking for AKB to go back being AKB (even here on Stage48). There's nothing wrong with trying to help, but she also needs to understand that no one asked for a group of girls performing perfectly, she doesn't have to be a police. If she wants that she can do it like Juri, no hard feelings. That wasn't even my point to begin with.

You have to tell her that, not me. Although she probably doesn't want to try your theory.

What worst scenario? All I was saying is that whatever the real reason is she's probably not the best person to ask what it is. But if the real reason is simply her liking the way she is she wouldn't need to come up with the health issues story. Even she was admitting that something's not enterely right.

What the fuck? Live streaming?

And here I thought there would be dozens or hundreds of fans in these arrivals and departures, but there's only around eight reporters at most.
    https://www.bayfm.co.jp/program/akb/2022/08/15/8-21日-柱night-with-akb48 向井地美音-ゲストメンバーは 村山
    [​IMG]
    https://www.instagram.com/aluu_haemin
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. W12*48

W12*48 Kenkyuusei

yeah.. but for kpop idol standard? sadly nah

true, there's no doubt about nakos popularity before... it's more about the outside pressure from those so-called "fan" and the k-media when they're still promoting there that might or might not affect their decision to go on diet or not. cause i can tell you that the true fans (wizones) are just fine with the way hii were.

it's not about them having to become like kpop, it's about just trying something fresh or new here and there, you know.. once in a while type of thing.
    nobody expects akb to go fully kpop route anyway.. that's just plain dumb.
    also taking 1 or 2 things that they think are good about kpop is also not a bad idea imo, it depends on how they use it.
    and maybe that's what hii trying to do cause she probably thinks (performing in sync) is a good thing and that might help the group, which might not be the case for some people. fair enough...
    for me, i like her intention and i'm fine with it.. if it doesn't work, move on! at least she tried, that's all.

probably don't need to in the first place.

Ever thought that maybe there's a chance that her health issues had nothing to do with it?
    and that people come to the conclusion that it's connected cause it's the easiest thing to point out.

Well.. until there's a confirmation, im just not gonna jump to a conclusion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I never said anything about food being disgusting. I dunno if you're subscribed to Hitomi's mail, but even if not, whenever she's on TV, she raves about how delicious any food is that she tries.

Also, allergies and intolerances can develop over time. She used to be fine with gluten, and less than a year ago (months after returning from Korea) she found out she's gluten intolerant, which made her really sad, because she loves bagels.

My dad also developed an allergy to laundry detergent at 22, and it disappeared at 39. Human bodies change. It's not far fetched to think her body has changed, too.

I'm not saying Korean beauty standards aren't bad, they might have made her want to lose weight initially, but everyone - including Knetz - has been telling her for +1 year now that she's too skinny. She also continuously mentions in her mails that she sees a doctor every couple of months, does allergy tests every now and then. She used to love garlic, but at one point noticed it always gave her a stomach ache.

She loves cheese, which is incredibly fatty. There's plenty of videos of her eating cheese even during IZ*ONE days.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
  18. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I completely support her asking other members to stop eating unhealthy food like chips

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Ayanan's Instagram
    [​IMG]

20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    She still have some margin compared to Naru some years ago, or HKT48 Hana at the moment.