TV / Radio AKB48 Sayonara Mouri-san (2022/04/07 - 2023/03/23)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Aka, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    [Eng Subs]230112 AKB48 Sayonara Mouri-san ep38
    Translation and Timing: GEES
    Visual Typesetting and Q&A: Lusankya@EitoSubs

The sales battle in the cafe is over and they finally reveal the winner of the Cooking Senbatsu battle.

https://twitter.com/EitoSubs/status/1614996702640963585

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    Hattsu crying over losing and thus not being able to perform the coupling song on music shows was so sad :cry: I really enjoyed all the cooking senbatsu episodes, though. They've probably been my favorites from the show so far, I think because they brought a bit of competitiveness to the table, like so many types of episodes in AKBingo! did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I expected Komiharu to break down, she seems to be pretty emotional
    Hattsu, that look on her face as the first place was announced, the others of her team were happy for the winners, but you could see that at that moment she was really not able to do that.

And then when the attention shifted to her, man that was painful to watch, she was really trying to keep it all together ....
    I wanted someone to run over and give her a good hug (hope Miichan did that for her after filming stopped, I'm sure her team mates did)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I already knew who'd won because I kept up with the cooking senbatsu battle before the Eng subs were out, and my oshi was pretty involved, so I wanted to know that part asap lol.

I felt bad for Hattsu and Komiharu especially, but Miichan was right that this event felt very AKB-like. That part was really nice. It's a shame they weren't able to have a real takoyaki party - I'm sure that's something the OG girls would've done back in the day, if you just think back to the onigiri thing and an old episode of AKBINGO or its predecessor, where Acchan went to a fan's house and cooked omurice for him.

Selfishly, I'm happy for the outcome because with Ran-chan as part of Dessert Club, I was rooting for them and I'm happy they won. Ran-chan was crying a little as well :cold: She also posted some photos and you can see her eyes glistening a bit more in them.

FmSQF6waMAAfmVt.jpeg
    https://twitter.com/_RanRan_K/status/1613573008190472193

I think the girls in this group also deserved it. Out of all its members, only Seichan and Berin have been part of senbatsu, despite the fact that Sahho has been selling out HS slots consistently and is generally a popular member, no matter how little opportunity she gets from management.

For Ran-chan, btw, this will be her 5th overall song recorded for AKB48 despite joining the group in 2018. The 4 songs she's previously part of are Oosawagi Tengoku (Team K song on 58th single), Loss of time (Team K song on 59th), Majika (2nd Gen song on 60th) and Hanareteitemo (all active members).

This feels like her first proper earned B-side, because all the other songs are songs in an effort to include all members. This is the first actual unit.

Congrats to Seichan, Senatan, Sahho, Berin, Ran-chan, Ayanan and Ayu-chan for getting a B-side on the 61st single, for the chance to perform the song on TV, and also for becoming monthly reports on "Baguette"! I'm really proud of you and happy for you <3

• Like Like x 2
  5. IbarakiRose

IbarakiRose Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    They mentioned it in the episode but the Desert club (and the Takoyaki club to a lesser extent) really had an advantage when it came to the portion sizes.

It's pretty difficult to eat 26 portions of omelette rice or croquette burgers compared to servings of parfait!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    tbh there are so many girls you would want to have a senbatsu position even if it's just once .... I wish they would reserve one or two spots and use it to rotate lesser known members.
    It would be nice to have every full AKB member to have participated in a single and TV appearance even just once in their career

However, it may diminish the joy experienced when achieving a senbatsu spot, like Mogi's pure joy last year, but there would still be 14 sport left to aim for/

It's kinda strange as Sahho was kinda pushed in 2013 ... she was the one getting the mike to speak for the 13th gen the at the Team 4 re-formation announcement and she featured pretty heavily in AKBingo as well.
    I guess they just gave up on her ....

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't know what their goal is for Sahho. I checked because I remember her being pushed and stuff, but she's actually never been part of any a-sides, which doesn't feel right - and I don't necessarily mean right in the sense of morally right (although that too), but just strange. You'd think she'd be in senbatsu at least once by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  9. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    [Eng Subs]230119 AKB48 Sayonara Mouri-san ep39

We're back with the popular segment "Non-Senbatsu members vs. the world" where Non-Senbatsu members complain about things.

https://twitter.com/EitoSubs/status/1617467743347015682

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    everyone dissing Ayanan .... and then it turn out she did not write anything bad about one of the other members, she might be bad at remembering choreos, but she's a good girl ;)
    Chiory on a roll again :)
    (she's of course the only one that can fully dump on Ayana as a senpai)
    Hinana is kinda loud, in a good way :)
    I get the point the other member was making about asking permission, but it wasn't even a bad pic :/

The host are really getting into it ... don't think I've seen them enjoy themselves this much before

Miichan seemed genuinely shocked by Chiory's story about having to share one onigiri with four kouhai
    (and props to Chiory for doing that of course)

Somehow you get a feeling of neglect for the non-senbatsu members, ok, they won't get all the perks senbatsu members have, but making sure there are bentos for everyone seems like a absolute minimum

[​IMG]
    I wondered what was said there
    :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I was super looking forward to this ep after last week's preview and really enjoyed it, but yikes I hope management addresses at least the lunch issue.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I get that it's a possibility that some food might be wasted if you buy too much, but it seems like they're ordering way too little to accommodate all girls comfortably. That's really icky :/

I feel like this episode hurt Manami more than it did her good, especially the part about her trying to get the MC to end the performance early so she could go home and play games. It's very much the opposite of former-ace-Acchan's mentality, that every performance might be a fan's first and only performance, so every single performance needs to count for their sake.

On the other hand, Hinana always makes me appreciate her. She really loves AKB and all its members and is just happy to be among them, cheering them on. She's a great asset and I hope, when the day comes and she graduates, she will work in a management position for the group or something like that.

Not really a spoiler, but I couldn't figure out if Satomina was wearing tights or if her legs are really that pale o_O

• Like Like x 4
  13. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Idk. Acchan is among my most favorite idol of all time, but i doubt "It's very much the opposite of former-ace-Acchan's mentality, that every performance might be a fan's first and only performance, so every single performance needs to count for their sake" is true haha.

Acchan was notorious (in both good and bad way) to be a very happy-go-lucky member. It is either she will pull 100% or 0% of her effort haha. That is part of the charm I guess. Even her daydreaming/not listening during akbingo sessions were a common running jokes between sata and her haha....

14. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    What I said was based on the AKB documentary where they performed at the dome and everything went wrong. Acchan hyperventilated and had to go to the hospital, but still really tried to make the most of it. I think her zoning out in a variety show (which was never her forte) isn't the same as putting effort into the performance.

15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    • Like Like x 9
  17. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    [Eng Subs]230126 AKB48 Sayonara Mouri-san ep40

The Senbatsu members are in the studio so the non-senbatsu members get the opportunity to voice their complaints directly at them.

https://twitter.com/EitoSubs/status/1620025698474946561

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
  18. IbarakiRose

IbarakiRose Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    Thanks for that!

Oda's lines were great in this episode. She has a real knack for the surreal.

19. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    Yup, OdaEri is always great. And this was such a great episode for Hinana! I loved it when she said she wants to be a unique presence within AKB. That's the spirit <3
    I also love the fact that they have Chori on the show so consistently, because she is truly AKB's variety queen atm and never fails to better the episodes and make me laugh. I feel like the MCs like her a lot too, and I appreciate it when she manages to make them laugh, it's nice when you can see the MCs are having fun too.
    Oh, and I was glad that YuAmi got to talk a bit this time around and get complimented. I love her and wish we could see even more of her on SayoMouri!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    when Hinana got described as loud and always in a good mood it confirmed the impression I had of her.
    total chaos ensued after she started rampaging as the gorilla .... Soshina-san turning out as a scaredy cat as Sata-san ever was .... btw, the way he runs, his hands :)
    [​IMG]

(Sayaka is still the gorilla other gorillas are measured agains imho btw )

The Sahhoo part reminded me of when Miki-chan scolded her over her burikko character, Sahhoo's rection was exactly the same 'I don't do that!' ... right :)

Mogichan gave the pay rise for senbatsu members kinda away by the way she started beaming ....

Miion being embarassed by what she how she explained her pay history, kawaii
    Miichan confirming that Miion made more than she did .... but still refusing to name a number (even when pressed a bit 'you're not a member anymore, you can tell us)
    Miion being kinda shocked by Miichan's revelation
    Then Miichan mimicking Miion's story
    It's obviously no problem anymore since a while to mention Miichan's traumatic haircut ...

Chiory being the best variety member ... I honestly don't see who else they could have chosen

btw .... Mogi's face does do that ;)
    [​IMG]

btw, "I want to be an unique presence within AKB" should be the motto for all members imho.
    that's what made AKB interesting

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 4