1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Oh yeah shouting is already allowed though. Naachan herself said that in her recent tweet. As long they use mask while shouting. At least in her concert

2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just taken a quick look at my DVD copy of the RH concerts at TDC in 2020 - I can't say for certain if they're sold out but it definitely looks like it, I can see lightsticks in the darkness of the back rows of each of the levels.

Incidentally I've noticed from the official HKT48 website that their Theater shows have buy on the day tickets available for pretty much every performance which shows that they're apparently not selling out.

It's also allowed at the concerts currently taking place for Sasshi's group =LOVE, in fact today the official site posted a notice to say that if anyone's unhappy with that they can request a refund of their ticket.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

[​IMG]
    Drum Logos Fukuoka
    It is probably not sold out, but is it empty? is it a disaster? you'll be the judge.

As far as the scandal itself, my take is currently wait a bit until she graduated and hopefully she is willing to tell the story from her side so there is more clarity. Right now, although it is clear that from the picture she was going out with a man, I still find it strange that she simply going out with what looks like her boyfriend in broad daylight. It is like begging to be exposed or something. I think for someone like Naachan, if it required to be kept a secret, she can definitely do it, since she has been in the business for a very long time.
    I think she had wrote something in her mobame, probably before the scandal, that she want to release a book about her life in AKB48. Unlike most of the things that relied on the person memory, she actually has a diary. I think before that (before mentioning about book), she had wrote something about doing something that might upset some fans. The mobame post aren't necessarily close to each other, I simply recalled it from my memory.

• Like Like x 9
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Sorry I should have clarified - I meant the solo cons, such as Zukkii's and Yuiyui's. I would imagine RH as a special event would sell better than a solo con

5. jmo42

jmo42 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Paraphrasing from the Simpsons:

Naachan: So, that's it after 10 years? So long, and good luck?
    AKB48 management: I don't recall saying good luck.

From checking my copies of the solo concerts, Yuiyui's was at least 95% full, and Zukkii's looked pretty full. It's hard to tell with Zukkii's, as the lights weren't turned up much, while Yuiyui had a block where she went around the second tier with the lights up, which made it easy to see the audience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

According to my friend who went to the Fukuoka and Hiroshima concert, both venues were jam-packed. And looking at the Fukuoka photo I can't imagine how they can fit ~500 more ppl in that space.

Can't wait to see her in person next week as I will be attending 5 of her concerts during my trip to Japan.

• Like Like x 6
  7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    tbf I think this is normal. I remember Sasshi's gradcon was also produced by her agency, not HKT48 or AKB48's management

8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'm not entirely sure about that, tickets for her gradcon were sold through the AKB48 Ticket Center and I've found the notice for that from the AKB48 Official Blog which also mentions the AKB48 Spring Festival that took place 24 hours earlier:

https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12448108436.html

The gradcon had the HKT48 version of the overture and there were some guest performers from other 48 groups (there were 10 from AKB48 which our Wiki lists).

Three years earlier I was at Takamina's gradcon in the same stadium and I'm pretty much 100% certain it was produced by AKB48 management.

Anyhow, Naachan's concert audience numbers at Hiroshima were boosted by 9 STU48 members :):
    https://twitter.com/okadanana_1107/status/1619297671650615301

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Sasshi herself told the fans it was produced by her agency, because it was only a couple months after the NGT48 scandal and people were apprehensive about giving money to AKS. She also mentioned that she herself had chosen which members would appear at her gradcon and management had had no input on that. Miichan and Yuihan also had their merch sold on their agencies' websites from what I remember, rather than AKB48, because I bought those from those websites.

Since they were graduating from 48G, it still makes sense to have the HKT48/AKB48 intro, but I get the impression they were produced by their agencies, and then 48G helped facilitate and promote so they could get some of the money as well.

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I think you have to separate the merchandise from the gradcons though.
    Miichan's gradcon seemed to be very much an AKB affair, I kinda doubt M&S had the staff to pull off something like that, even if Ogi Pro got behind it.
    (Ohta Pro is a factor larger than Ogi Pro and Sasshii was/is a kind of sure thing)

ow, in a roundabout way I landed on the (rather extensive) Japanese Wikipedia page of Miichan's gradcon (wss following a completely different unrelated search trail)
    https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/峯岸みなみ卒業コンサート〜桜の咲かない春はない〜
    It lists DH Co. Ltd. as organiser

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    That is more because she is sasshi(-P) thou. It is more like acknowledgement of sasshi's producing and directing capabilities, versus a decision made on the grounds of disassociating themselves from a 'scandalous' member. Them holding the 'gradcon' in a small hall with less than 2500 capacity is another huge sign

12. jmo42

jmo42 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I think that was about the gradcon goods. After doing some searching, I think this was the source:

https://twitter.com/345__chan/status/1121245877807374336

13. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Regarding the choice of guests I can confirm what @bonjourmarlene said but only from my own memory. I'm sure I heard or read that Sasshi had herself invited the 3 grads (Mayuyu, Lovetan and Kitarie). Also at the time I was wondering why Okappa (Takakura Moeka) had been chosen to represent NGT48 and again I remember hearing that Sasshi had invited her because they were good friends (in fact I've just found this tweet from January 2019 which confirms their friendship).

I've just taken a look at the credits in the insert booklet of my copy of her Gradcon DVD - the 'Total Producer' is Aki-P and the copyright is held by AKS. There is no mention of the name of her agency Ohta Pro either in romaji or kanji.

EDIT: Naachan has just posted on her channel a video of the merch available at her shows:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm not going to quote all posts above mine because that would make my post unnecessarily long, but thanks to @dutchie, @David61, @souchan48 and @jmo42 for looking for all the info. I guess it was indeed that tweet about the graduation goods that had my wires crossed. In my defence, it was nearly 4 years ago (jesus!).

I thought it wasn't a big deal that Naachan's gradcon was produced by her agency rather than AKB, but this is really sad. Yeah, she's had a scandal, but this does make me wonder whether there was more going on... For them to not have a gradcon for one of their top sellers and two-time centre is kinda shady. Sasshi and Miichan (since they've been mentioned) have both had scandals and these scandals were even brought up in the grad songs and grad cons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Not to be mistaken, I do agree that Naachan deserves a better send off, but I also will point out that Sasshii's scandal was because of something that happened before she even joined AKB (iirc) and Miichan's scandal was almost 10 years back.
    Had Miichan graduated in 2012 she would not have gotten any send off, she would have faded into obscurity, instead she took the demotion, got reinstated and nurtured several generations in Minegishi Team 4.

I think Naachan graduating is a huge loss for AKB, but I also think of her as an unfulfilled promise (which is a kinda of trend for her generation and saddening)

I do think ... a big solo concert like Takamina, Nyan-nyan, Mayuyu, Sasshii got would be too much, she hasn't been able to be as 'big' a member as those (and the times of those are past us at the moment).
    A somewhat smaller dedicated concert like Miichan or Yuihan, if I'm honest, I don't think that would be appropriate considering her career up till now, maybe in another year if nothing had happened, but right now, hmmm

Maybe if she had been younger she would not have decided to just graduate, maybe take a demotion and ride it out. but she's 25 ... has been getting a push as a soloist and I guess maybe she figured that was enough to build a career outside of AKB on.
    Personally I think her chances might be slim, we have seen how success has evaded almost every ex-akb member trying a solo career as a singer, but time will tell.

BTW if there should be a concert, it would be STU to host it

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I think is a matter of 14th gen vs a 1st and a 5th. While Okada s contribution was great it can be casually dismissed as lesser than the other two scandal queens. Even if subjectively her scandal and career were actually measured up to sasshi and mii Chan

Adding that okadas popularity and leadership soared after the group achieved peak popularity while 1st through 5th gens where fundamental to the rise of 48. I was going to say 1st through 9th gen but im not so sure 6th and latter gens reached the level of 1st through 5th. And there was major contribution from stars of sister groups (including sashi again) to help paruru Yuihan and co.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Sasshi also soared after the group reached peak popularity (in 2011-2012).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miki and Paruru are becoming a bit like Takamina and Kuro-chan ;)

Naachan seems to be getting scary skinny btw ... but that's just my observation, might be just the pics I've seen lately

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3