1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio OUT OF 48 (2023/04/20 - )

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 24, 2023.

1. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    Seems like the members have a lot of doubts about this project, management should make some explaining briefing at least for the members

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

did you watch the trailer? or read this:
    "in which akb...start their idol career from scratch again"
    "create a group...making the most of akb's appeal"
    like he said it's obviously open to some interpretation, but this stuff says reboot.
    but maybe you're right and they want to make a group of akb members to rival akb? isn't that a bad idea?
    and has anyone brought up what happened to sdn48?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Yep, replace NTV by Mnet and blowout by CJ ENM and you have a good description of the korean project.

It looks like Mion (so everyone) learned about the project on the anouncement. Talk about sneaky doings ...
    Though this time some of the girls have an experience.

4. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    TBH for the surprise part,
    this is not that different from Togasaki-san coming out and announce shuffles or the sudden announcement trailer of sousenkyo/janken/etc back then.
    Not everyone would know about it.
    It's just back then we didn't have Showroom for members to express their shock.

Now for the actual show/audition itself... I guess I'll wait until we have more details.
    I wonder what name would be good for the final group? OUT48? OOF48?[hehe]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I don't think these projects are related at all but, at that time, the members were informed beforehand of the project and they vehemently opposed it and Mion outward refused to take part in it (that's why the first episode of Nogizaka ni Kosaremashita was just a hindsight on the group's history because the members refused the previous project and they had to change everything at the last minute). Management probably took this event into consideration, that's why they didn't told anyone about this and just announced it out of nowhere, so the members wouldn't have the opportunity to refuse to take part in it.

That said, I believe it's possible that this project go well IF the producers of the show do the right work. See, it seems that this new group would be more similar the old subunits like Warota, no3b, not yet, French Kiss, etc. and IZ*ONE than another 48 group or a rival group. It will probably be unrelated to the "48G" brand while still having a connection to it (like IZ*ONE). Korean-style idol groups are very popular in Japan nowadays, for example: NiziU, BE:FIRST, &TEAM (just debuted under HYBE JAPAN but already made an impact) and the Produce 101 related groups (JO1 and INI). Although most of it are male groups, NiziU already became a "great power" in the female idol industry in Japan within months since their debut and they got to Tokyo Dome less than a year after debut. Judging by the description, it seems this new group would follow the NiziU style when making songs. That's not my particular taste in music (even idol music), but if it helps bring more attention the group I'm all for it.

The biggest obstacle to this is AKB's very company: DH. They are mishandling everything since a long time now, it's difficult to put our trust in them. At the same time, avex - that was/is experiencing a crisis since the mid 2010's - could successfully debut their K-pop-style group "XG" that is getting a lot of attention worldwide and even promotes in Korea. We can't, however, compare XG to AKB48 members because XG members got proper training for years, so AKB is not on their level of performance yet, but if this show promotes intense training those girls can become very polished and deliver a great performance. I always look back to Nemo Hamo Rumor. The girls could deliver an awesome performance never seen in AKB before, so, with proper training, anything can be done. They will need proper voice coaching and singing lessons, their choreographies should be more polished and neat so that they can compete with the likes of XG and NiziU.

But all of that depends solely on how the producers and DH handle this show and it could be an utter disaster if mishandled.

I don't think it's ever mentioned that 2ch founder Hiroyuki would be the MC to this show. He was the MC to Nogizaka ni Kosaremashita show in 2021, but he was surprisingly good (though very harsh with the criticisms every now and then) and developed a good relationship with the members.
    (he even came out in support of Naachan after last year situation)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. welp

welp Next Girls

Why did you say it unrelated just to later said it related? [hehe]
    That big "IF" is highly unlikely happening. Has any single person in the show production team made a successful audition show? However much you like 'Sayonara Mouri-san", audition show is a totally different field. Neither anything suggests DH is willing to throw a hundred million yen into the show. (Produce 48 costed over 3 million dollars, over 400 million yen.)

XG's members were trained in Korea for 5 years before debut. No way AKB can ever reach that level. However, the Japanese has low standard on skill evaluation. So, the lower skill itself is not that significant. What truly critical is to shake off AKB48's unskilled image. And, to start off by associating the show with AKB48 won't help. (The 'neat' K-pop choreography is not much about 'skill' level but so so much time spent on the practice. 6-7 hours daily for 2 months to practice dancing to 1 song.)

Perhaps, to have a big shot idol producer can help. Imagine the producer to be Han Sungsoo (Pledis' boss, IZ*One & Seventeen), Sky-Hi (BE:First) or Takizawa Hideaki (ex-Johnny's Island chief), instead of this no-name Blowout person, the interest must have increased by 500%. But, of course, it is not DH without cost-cutting. Likely, there will be no big name coach also.

It will be a disaster only if DH invest heavily on it, which will never happen. DH keeps failing because it tries to play safe.

You may note that DH requires applicants to be active AKB48's member or a free agent, tying to no agency. This suggests DH aims this group to last quite a long time.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

Yes, I have mixed feelings towards this show/future group because it could be used to promote AKB48 but at the same time I don't have any trust in anything DH tries to do. It doesn't help that we don't have much information about it yet, so we have to speculate. DH may have the money to hire a big producer, but they won't ever do so because they don't risk themselves. That kind of sucks because AKB will end always being in the same place, never going further.

It makes me curious about what they're doing with all the money that AKB generates.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    As someone who barely recognizes any girls anymore, I'm looking forward to this. There are so many girls that are probably being overshadowed that could stand out because of this show! Hoping that they choose the underdogs and not obviously popular girls.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    We had girls live reaction on stage (Mayuyu oshi still bitter at how much she was crying), I don't remember if members wrote anything on their blogs at the time.

Well, back then it was all internal moves (can't say it was a bad idea after the result), and the girls weren't asked, invited, required (strke unnecesarry words) to put their idol career at stake.

Be it a failure, (may happen after a few years, not only 2 month like the boy group above), the girls who are accepted may have quite some troubles regaining their momentums in AKB48 (Iriyama Anna comes to mind), assuming they can come back.

10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I'd suggest Yonezu Kenshi or Ayase (Yoasobi) more. They're among top Jpop producers of today but yeah, they lack experiences in producing female idols

Yonezu Kenshi produced Arashi's last single before the group's hiatus

Meanwhile Yoasobi was recently hired to create the opening theme of Oshi no Ko anime that will premiere next April. Even the song is simply titled "idol". It's interesting that an idol anime rather to hire a non idol artist than any idol group. But if you've read the manga than you know that Oshi no Ko is distinct from the typical idol anime/manga like Love Live & Idolmaster

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Never forget the reactions of the WH7 girls on their blogs when Aki-P decided to add CinDy to the group (26yo to their 17-20), which I can only describe as slighty-more-polite 'sir, what drugs are you on': http://bilingual48.blogspot.com/2012/03/urano-kazumi-joins-watarirouka.html?m=1 ('can my mum join too' was my personal favourite)

Which is to say, I agree; the girls have been surprised, even blindsided, before, and have not held back from expressing their shock.

• Like Like x 4
  12. welp

welp Next Girls

Since AKB48 is a group of 80+ members and permanent theater, it is money voracious. The fixed cost alone must be huge.

I mentioned those names as producer in the sense Sashihara and Akimoto are producer. The one plan out the concept, selecting the song and choreographer etc., rather than composing the song (executive producer, not music producer).

As for music producer, I believe neither Yonezu nor Ayase is good choice. Yonezu is famous for mellow easy-listening song. Yoasobi's songs do not have strong beat thus, not dancey, difficult to choreograph. Those who compose for Ado and Wednesday Campanella are better choices for dancey idol song. But, realistically, the executive producer is more crucial to the success of the group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. IkemenSteelD

IkemenSteelD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Agreed, a banger debut song would be nice, just like they say, first impressions last.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    "I rate her dancing with an A due to her charisma."

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Hmm, seems like a really odd idea... who is this supposed to appeal to? Japanese kpop fans? Intl kpop fans? (who may not be able to see it if you don't make it available to them with subtitles) can't imagine wotas will be thrilled about this either, so who is this show aimed at?

I think a dance focused sub unit would have been a better idea imho. Guess we have to wait for more details but this sounds like a pd48 but happening in Japan. Wonder how many akb girls will actually apply for this.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    "These are the ones we want to win and will be in the group regardless of who you vote for."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 5
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 6
  20. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    And I believe that this show is doing what it's supposed to be doing, I'm suddenly interested in Tokunaga Remi. I've never heard or seen her before this (maybe I just haven't noticed her in the sea of girls), but now I'm intrigued. Her look is fun and fresh, very New Jeans-ish.