TV / Radio OUT OF 48 (2023/04/20 - 2024/03/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 24, 2023.

1. welp

welp Next Girls

Actually, it was the business plan of CJ ENM but, I changed to Mnet for convenience. Nothing happened in Mnet without the knowledge of Cj ENM anyway.

Back to the topic, the "K-pop" unit project came 3 years too late. Should have debuted not so long after IZ*One. Of course, DH would wait until AKB was in the condition that even yuiyui and zukky would want to try a skeptical project to do it.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Maybe not that interesting to some people, but someone shared this thread from a general survival show fan (not an AKB fan, but someone who just enjoys survival shows). They ranked their favourite contestants based on episode 1:

https://twitter.com/eunsuhculture/status/1649211232912646146

I guess it's just interesting to me to see what kind of members non-fans are interested in.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Thanks a lot @Lusankya , @lionel90 , and @Aka for the helps
    I cant wait to watch it , thanks to you guys.

Anyway i was going to watch the video and i found out the duration was only 23 minutses?!?!!?

23 f***n minutss?

That is unusually short even for a japanese "small" audition

Seriously..... how can people take this seriously if they dont even seem to be seriois abt it

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Madscientist

Madscientist Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Manakuru
    Never expecting too much from this show, they will be focused more on popular member and new pushed girl, then left the barely known girls out of the screen for the rest of episode

This is one of the reason why some members that met the age requirement isn't eligible to participate, more participants mean less screen time for those favored members

7. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    [​IMG]
    One takeaway line from Aichan's showroom clip :
    It seems like the Kenkyuusei (17ki and 18ki) were all required to join OO48.

rest of the clip is affirming that she wants to prioritize AKB48 activities,
    and basically agrees with Naruchan's tweet here https://twitter.com/Kuranoo_Narumi_/status/1649231791990132737

if the video does not show watch the video here

Erichan from 17ki also mentioned on her mail that she is joining to improve her skill for future activities in AKB48 that she loves.
    source : translation by @erikopics : https://twitter.com/erikopics/status/1649351112133332993

So please don't bash them kenkyuusei for being in the show. :)

Since management is framing it as a "right to join", some people have been bashing the kenkyuusei for joining OO48 as having no love for AKB48 since they just joined and seem wanting to jump ship already.
    I hope this clip kinda clears it up a bit that it's not their choice.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

She sounded like a very sweet person but, not very smart.

Had she watched the show? Barely anything significant happened in the episode. What did she expect fans to like?

She had been on Produce 48, she should have a grasp of how demanding K-pop career could be yet, she wished she could juggle between 2 groups, reserving her team captain post even? Also, SNH48's members who competed in Chuang and made it to THE7 had to halt SNH48's membership until THE7 disbanded.

I wonder if DH learnt from Lyra that to halt AKB activity is the only way for the group to possibly work. Lyra was a unit from BNK48 and, its members juggling between Lyra and BNK is a big factor for its fiasco. Lyra could not be prolific because the members prioritized BNK48, their main source of income. Lyra promoted its single for a week before members resumed their BNK lives and, Lyra SNS accounts had pre-recorded contents to post/share for 2-3 weeks more before dead for months until Lyra making its comeback. Members came from different cliques within BNK and they went back to their cliques when they resumed BNK activities thus, Lyra lacked chemistry/cohesive image.

I have a theory that DH purposedly hid the contract detail/kept members in the dark. If they said members must halt AKB membership, most more popular members might be scared and decline. Imagine Mnet announced from the beginning that winners must fully devote to IZ*One for 2.5 years, the 48 pool must have been scant. (Seemingly, Mnet did not mean to deceive contestants but, it still was negotiating the contract detail with involving agencies.)

It definitely is not easy to get a 1 hr slot on terrestrial broadcast channel. I watched Up Front and Wack audition and, they were even shorter. Who Is Princess was roughly 40 minutes per episode.

The shortness definitely made it impossible to narrate a storyline.

If it was 23 minutes an episode but 20+ episodes in total, it might be okay? (Wishfully, the audience will not develop survival show fatigue before the end.)

What did you expect? Even Oguri and Yamauchi "chose" to join.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    That's one example (and a non-domestic one at that), but then you have No Sleeves, Not yet, French Kiss, Watarirouka Hashiritai (7), DIVA/DiVA and NO NAME, who were all doing well while in AKB. The point was that they were AKB sub-units and performed their songs at solo lives, as well as AKB concerts. A lot of these unit songs still get performed to this day. AKB later on made it even more extreme and no AKB sub-units from the last few years have had independent releases (not counting Nona Diamonds since it isn't AKB only and it was a one-time project anyway).

And then you have kenninship, which has worked really well for some members. Look at Naachan and STU - she was loved in both groups and was staple senbatsu in both groups. Even Nogi and 48G kennin worked out okay, I think.

So with how AKB has treated units and projects since the very start, I don't blame members for thinking it is entirely possible to juggle two groups at the same time.

Why is this relevant if the show is not producing a K-Pop group? That was Naamin's whole point - "I understand that people are worried because of IZ*ONE, but this group will promote within Japan, so it should be possible to be active in both groups."

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I know what you mean, but this time I fear I'll have to agree with @welp...

OUT OF 48 objective is to form a "new idol group", although they still didn't explain the terms of the contract, they never talked about "sub-unit". The fact that they are hiring general public contestants as well makes it harder for it to be an AKB48 sub-unit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

You don't know DIVA?
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/DIVA_(Sub-Unit)

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm not saying I believe it'll be a sub-unit or a kenninship, since nothing has been confirmed yet. All we have is the girls' thoughts - which may not necessarily be reliable. But I think it'll depend more on what management decides, and not necessarily on the possibilities. I think it is possible to be part of two groups, many members have demonstrated this, but it just depends on what management ends up telling them to do. If they say members who pass the audition will be placed in a new group, then that'll be the case regardless (and I would hate it). I'm not fully convinced by what the members have been saying based on the fact that they don't get to choose, but I also don't want to disregard their thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

During AKB48 heyday, sister group members (prominent one) participated around 6 singles per year. With the number of AKB48 single being reduced to 2 singles per year, if AKB48 members become the final member, she might participate around 4 singles per year which is as similar with the single participation of typical prominent AKB48-only members during their heyday.

Therefore, it is not that weird that members though that they could be in both groups and the management send the kenkyuusei since they are not that busy yet.

The main problem is, we think how this group work within the context of how Iz*One work without considering the different environment of both situations. We think it is impossible to be in both group based on how the final members of PD101 including Iz*One having the conflict of work between the final group and their original group. But that is different environment. We are in the environment which to be in different group at the same time is possible. Why we transpose different kind of environment to different kind of environment.

As far as there is KPop influence in the show, I don't think that they feel obligated to follow entire aspect of KPop. That is why some might disappointed with the 1st episode since some element that presence in PD101 basically not there.

In the end, as much as MNet feels that they are not obligated to follow entire AKB48 aspect although PD101 is being influence by AKB48 senbatsu election, same goes to OO48 which they feel they are not obligated to follow entire KPop aspect although they are being influence by KPop.

Whether they should or should not, it will be different issues.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  14. welp

welp Next Girls

None of them were legit "group" with "out of 48" premise. Besides, none of above units were prolific nor long-live.

Kennin worked because 48 groups did not spend much time on rehearsal.

Which was not popular nor prolific? What did you mean to prove?

Did not 48's members took only some days to practice dance & singing a new song? Nowadays, AKB48 itself already takes much more time on dance practice (no idea about singing). It can't release new single that frequent even if the group be as popular as it was back then.

Out of 48 also aims to tap onto K-pop market where even higher level of performance is demanded. You have seen "Your Super Girl" choreography, right? Is that typical old school AKB48's routine which a member might learn within 3 days? Already 2 weeks were used to learn the whole choreography. Some more time would be needed to clean/correct the move and synch everyone up.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  15. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Harupyon's turn to "clarify" her "choice" of joining OO48

if the video does not show watch the video here
    some interesting points from Harupyon's POV: (pls correct me if anything's wrong, a lot of nuances)
    • She didn't know that coming to that meeting means showing your "will" to join
    • She didn't think there was an option to "not join"
    • During the first explanation meeting (the Zoom one), she noticed some of her friends were not there, so she thought she was "chosen" already
    • Because she was chosen already, she just decided to challenge it anyway.
    • She feels that Satomina's words and decision resonated with her. She also loves AKB48.
    • She was afraid to say "I'm not joining" and stand out. She says she's like other typical Japanese people usually just go with the flow.
    • She got this impression because during Produce48, she wasn't invited/asked at all, so she felt "chosen" this time.
    • That's why she wanted to work hard on this new AKB program that she's been chosen for.
    • She knows that the image of the group is dissimilar to her ideal idol image, but if it doesn't work out she'll simply fail the audition anyway.
    • From what she heard, even if you win the audition, you'll have kennin status
    Note that this is all Harupyon's personal views.
    However this further reinforce how unclear the things were for the members themselves.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  16. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I want to ignore you so I won't answer your question. I quoted you here because your behave was really rude.

Btw, this show can be flop and the group from this show is flop too. Do fans care? No, we don't care. It helps the members have more training and more chance to appeare in TV. It's enough.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Excuse me ?!!

18. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I don't think that they dont release as frequent as before because how much physically demanding current AKB48 dance right now.

Yes, I really aware with that but the key term here is to what extend they want to emulate KPop to attract KPop fan. Currently, we can see that they don't absorb as much of KPop influence and I think they don't think that they are obliged to do so (for whatever reason) although you think they should.

Therefore, we can transpose this to the future group. To what extend they want to emulate KPop element to final group? Bear in mind that no matter how much KPop they want to be they still working within the environment and framework of Japanese entertainment industry not Korean entertainment industry. Hence there will be adjustment, adaptation and flexibility which not exist within the Korean entertainment industry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    The person they quoted said it's harder to think this may be a sub-unit because members of the general public will join. DiVA also had non AKB members and it was still a sub-unit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. sarachuu

sarachuu Kenkyuusei

This whole thing seems so messy. I get that not all members will be kept in the loop, but I would assume that they would at least be told whether it’s a sub-unit or whether they’re required to join or whatnot. I shouldn’t be surprised given management’s poor, well, management, but I’m amazed they were this bad at communicating with the members.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1