Single Nogizaka46 33rd Single [Ohitorisama Tengoku] (2023.08.23)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Hachikim

Hachikim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    inouesayuri
    5th gen' s song and Dare no kata are my favorite for this single. Wonder who center Dare no kata, I heard Kubo a lot, such a good song.

• Like Like x 1
  2. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    This is a really great single, I probably love 6 out of 7 songs. My ranking goes:
    1. Kangaenai yo ni Suru (5ki song) - bittersweet song, the solo vocals are the highlights. Previous single, I said Kokoroni mo nai koto as the best 5ki song, but this surpass it, so now this is the best 5ki song to me.
    2. Dareka no Kata (Senbatsu) - what a nice ballad, it's been a while they have a good ballad like this.
    3. Inochi no Botoku (Chiba unit) - very catchy, love it since the first reveal.
    4. Ohitorisama Tengoku (A-side senbatsu) - the best summer A-side they have so far.
    5. Mug cup to Sink (Endo, Kaki) - nice song, only complain is that Endo cannot match Kaki's voice in terms of volume.
    6. Funde Shimatta (Unders) - Unders can't seem to get away from cool song, although this one feels different, love the rock vibes
    7. Owakare Tacos (Ume, Reno, Mayu, Yumiki) - not a bad song just not my cup of tea

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Under MV "Fundeshimatta"

if the video does not show watch the video here

MV and video release schedule:
    • Under MV - August 17th at 8 pm JST
    • 5ki MV - August 18th at 8 pm JST
    • Saku Kakki unit MV - August 19th at 8 pm JST
    • Bonus video preview - August 20th at 8 JST

4. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Well, for me, I hope it gets better.

I listened to full release only once this morning and I am unimpressed. I didn't find any of the songs memorable. Also, sadly, I feel like it's all mediocre. Reminds me of the 4th album. I don't get this one. I guess I have to listen to it some more to find something I like. Music nerds around the interwebs have said that 2023 isn't that great of a year for new music. Lately, I have to agree.

On the release end of things, have they said what will be on the BluRays? Without any more information, will anyone want to buy the discs? They are cutting it close aren't they?

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    5th gen song
    kangaenaiyounisuru MV

kaki and sakura duo
    magucup to shink MV

Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
  6. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Here's my thoughts on the single, sorry for the long post.

Ohitorisama Tengoku -
    I don't mind the song, a more upbeat edm Boku Dake no Hikari. Decent song to listen even after multiple listens. The only thing I want to complain is the fact that Akimoto Yasushi cooked way too much with the lyrics, its great that the mv took a different route, more fitting for Nagi. Overall its really nice song if you listen without care of the lyrics.

Funde Shimatta -
    Unders always with the cool song, really love J Rock songs. The MV is decent but could be better. I can see the MV director concept with the japanese fantasy fiction film style which fit the song, but the camera movement with the dance choreography doesnt really match especially the drone would be better faster. I like the circular transition though and their decision in not making another darker theme mv. Great song, MV almost there.

Dareka no Kata -
    I don't mind songs like this once in a while, very nogi but its not a complete copy of the old songs. Kinda remind me of Toomawari no Aijou. Quite a nice song and hell the lyrics are better than the main song.

Mug cup to Sink -
    The 4ki centers duo, better vocal balancing than Sakura prev duo songs. Honestly the song is decent and interesting but nothing new. I'm more interested to see the live performance. The MV is nice,simple storyline and definitely reach my expectation which is good especially the choreography. Nice easter egg on the ending too. Good duo song,looking forward for live performance.

Kangaenai yo ni Suru -
    5ki song with Nao center. Great song, very nogi, much wow. Even though the song very nogi the only thing that make it sound fresher are the new voices from 5ki compare to the old members that we are used to. Love that I can hear Hane no Kioku too, 100% a Sugiyama song.The mv went ahead and perfected it, great use of the location with the song and the use of french words like nogi old early mvs, bringing us back to the past with the mv style. Applause to the director.

Owakare Tacos -
    It's okay, a chill song and catchy but nothing really stand out compare to the other songs.

Inochi no Botoku -
    Chibazaka unit, again nothing new with the melody but the unit members vocal really carry the song.

I have to say its a very great single after listening to the whole single. Compare to previous single where each songs didn't really stands out against each other, this time we have a little bit more variety.
    If I have something to complain its the fact that the coupling songs have better lyrics than the main song, still a good song nevertheless.

My ranking would be;
    Kangaenai yo ni Suru > Dareka no Kata > Ohitorisama Tengoku > Funde Shimatta > Mug cup to Sink> Inochi no Botoku > Owakare Tacos

Expectations for next single, nostalgic songs are nice but too much will be ultra boring so I'm hoping for a totally new style for the next single. Something new and fresh but not controversial level cooked. We already have enough nostalgia, its time to take the mould and reshape it to fit the current members.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  8. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Regarding the lyric, is there an english translation? I've only seen an Indo subs which is ok for me. Personally I don't mind the lyric, as a single myself, I can relate. It's much better than some other of his cheesier lyrics (e.g. Sing Out, Boku boku, etc).

9. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Dareka no Kata ended up as my favorite. They all sound good on this one. I can sit down, relax, listen to this song and actually enjoy it. Too bad it doesn't have a MV. Ohitorisama is a lot of fun. I also like Inochi no Botoku, and Tacos. Kangaenai yo ni Suru easily reminds me of Hane no Kioku but it's ok, the song is still good. Love the MV. Welcome to Senbatsu NaoNao.

Unders doesn't do it for me anymore. The last song I like was Sabita Compass and the one from Time Flies, Hard to Say. Not a fan of Mug Cup to Sink, both song and MV. It's quite boring to me so watching the MV is probably my last time listening to the song too. I wonder which member they will pair with Endo next.

This is a good single overall. I think this will do better than the last one. It's the beginning of Inoue Nagi's climb toward the top of the slope.

10. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

I didn’t find any online, so I tried translating it. People are free to copy or modify this translation to put anywhere else.
    When everyone gets together, it’s always gossip about love
    Without a boyfriend, I can’t keep up
    All I could do was nod along to their words, but
    I put up with their condescending looks

“Sorry, I have a date that day,” you proudly say
    Lightly canceling a promise with a close friend
    And flirting until it’s embarrassing, that’s fine
    Please cast away friendship for the sake of love*

It’s scary to become used to this
    Isn’t it kind of lonely?
    Or is it actually terrific, I can’t go back

It's the single life*

Free and easy, a paradise for one*
    No quarrels, the days are always peaceful
    You can be your real self, so
    It’s okay, let it go

Nanana nanana nanana (repeats)

Birthdays, Christmas
    Valentine’s, Golden Week
    Why does the world treat couples as the basic unit?
    Is it bad to be an adult with no partner?

At the ocean, mountains, camping, movies, dinner too
    Yes, being alone is better than inviting someone to go
    Make your solo debut at yakiniku or sushi
    Hey, let’s slowly enjoy things at our own pace

The pride that was bothersome
    and kept-up appearances, throw those away
    Now is the happiest time

It's the single life
    Do give it a try, a paradise for one
    Two-timing affairs, stealing romantic partners, changes of heart*
    Romance troubles begin from jealousy
    Hey, come on, come on, come on
    Stress-free

Nanana nanana nanana (repeats)

Ah, love is full of painful things
    I want to live a calm life
    If I fall in love, there’ll be commotion
    If I don’t have a partner, there’s no problem

Wow, wow, wow
    To a paradise for one
    To a paradise for one
    To a paradise for one
    Don’t be swayed anymore

It's the single life

(Chorus repeats, nanana, etc.)

* These three lines read as bitter or sarcastic.
    * I hear this as “It’s a single life” but lyrics websites say “It’s the single life.” That’s plausible because “the” is pronounced “za” with Japanese romanization.
    * Can also be read grammatically as おひとりさま[は]天国 “being single [is] paradise.” Depending on context, hitori can mean “one person, alone” or “being single, not in a relationship.” -sama is a suffix used to address someone of high status.
    * I heard there was a very small controversy in Japan because a TV segment revealed this lyric without much context (at 1:48 in the video in this post). Some people mistakenly thought the song was encouraging this behavior, and some people thought it was an unpleasant lyric even (correctly) guessing the context. I noticed the MV director wisely didn’t use the MV to “comment” on this line, and just played a bunch of quick shots of members dancing during it.
    Yeah, for such an upbeat song, the lyrics spend too much time on negativity. Lyrically, I think it’s okay for a quirky B-side, but it's… kind of a bizarre choice for the first A-side centering a new ace who could soon be the face of the group. A song about the joys of going solo could fit Nagi very well, but the specific way Aki-P went about it IMO feels like he didn’t have her in mind (or doesn’t understand her), he’s just writing about an issue he thinks is topical. Musically, it’s one of my favorite A-sides in a while, but I like it despite the lyrics.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  11. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Thank u for the translation @Gofindnova , I think it's pretty much what I understood before.

I still don't understand the controversy though. Yeah, I don't think Akip write this song with Nagi in mind, but that's nothing new. And I'm totally fine with the lyrics being sarcastic/satirical. I still think it's better than his cheesy lyrics.

On a side note, I really adore the MUSIC FAIR performance. Such a perfect first studio live. Lovely costume, great lightings and camera works. The girls looks like fairies. Nagi chan is so fitting and natural as center. It's a good descision that they delay her centership afterall. Had she was chosen in place of Aruno for 29th, we probably would see a much more nervous Nagi.

12. Hachikim

Hachikim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    inouesayuri
    The lyrics make me like the songs even more. I love the theme of this single. People seem to enjoy being single these days. Hope the sale would be higher than previous single. It's just I wish they could film all members kojin PV too. It's been a while, they don't have enough budget?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
  14. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

No 5ki photo this time :/ As for sales predictions I’m gonna go with 430K first day and 540K week.

Attached Files:

15. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    424k 1st day
    513k 1st week

16. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    464,464 1st day
    546,645 1st week

17. clafelallerizu

clafelallerizu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    let's see.. how about
    500k 1st day
    605k 1s week..

18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Anyone higher?
    Going once...going twice...

19. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    This one's a tough one to judge. On one hand, their sales have trended downward. On the other hand, a 5ki center when 5ki is killing it on HS level. It was tough to come to a conclusion. I erred on the lower side of things. We'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Informative Informative x 1