Favorite Team in AKB48

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by JPN48, Aug 28, 2023.

?

Which AKB48 Team is Your All-Time Favorite?

1. Team A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Team K

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. Team B

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. Team 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Team 8

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Since AKB48 had just remove its team system for the first time in its long 17+ years history, I would love to poll which teams are the most beloved here in S48. It can be which team is your favorite in its overall history, or it can be your all-time favorite team formation, or anyhow you would like to view it.

I also would like to see which period's formation of the team of your choice that was your favorite.

As for me, my favorite team has always be Team B, and my favorite Team B formations in order are:
    1. Kizaki Team B (2015-2016), I feel this team is very strong which of course owns Mayuyu and Yukirin, with the additional of sister groups concurrent members Mirukii and Nako.
    2. Asai Team B (2022-2023), the addition of Yuiyui as the new face of the team makes this one of my favorite team formation, too bad this team doesn't last long enough.
    3. Kashiwagi Team B (2009-2012), I actually kind of having it tied with the original formation of Team B, because these two were what shaping the group.

Of course, Team B owns the iconic catchphrase.
    "Itsumo kansha, reisei ni, teinei ni, seikaku ni, minna no yume ga kanaimasu youni. AKB Team B!"

2. lyl

lyl Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Overall, my favorite team was always Team B. My favorite formations, respectively: Iwatate Team B, Kashiwagi Team B and Ori Team B (let's say Urano Team B hehe). These are also probably my favorite lineups ever from all teams.

I also really like(d) Asai Team B, filled with girls I love, it had a strong and cohesive formation with an exceptional front row: Yuiyui, Yukirin, Mahopyon, Nagi, Naamin. I also have a huge soft spot for the mid-row/back row girls there, like Harupyon, Satomina, Ayanan, Kyoka, Megumin, Sakki. And of course the girl which I wanted to see slowly becoming the ace of the team, Remitan. Maybe I liked this Team B lineup even better than the Ori Team B, but I'm gonna keep them as my #4 favorite Team B because of the short time we had it. And because in Ori Team B we had Mayu, Moeno, Lovetan and Haachan, pretty much some of my favorite AKB members ever.

Honorable mentions: Ori K, Murayama 4.

3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Hmm I would say Team B!

Since I became a fan of AKB, my favorite members were almost always either in Team B or Team A (with a few exceptions). So I always said that these two teams are my favorite, but I think it was always Team B a little more than Team A. I don't really remember the captains and all that, so I can't really say which ones are my favorites, but I like different formations of Team B. First, I loved the one that had Mayuyu and Yukirin, from around 2010 etc. I love their pair and the team was really cute, lots of nice songs etc. and then, Mayuyu went to A, but Team B had Paruru and Kojiharu (and Yukirin still there), they were all among my favorites and I loved that formation as well, I remember watching their Waiting stage a lot, it was good! then Mayuyu returned to B and we had Mayuyu and Yukirin together again and of course I loved it! At that time, the team also had Naanya who was my new gen favorite. Later, Mayuyu graduated. After that, I honestly didn't keep up with them much... I think in those years, I wasn't a big fan of the team (or maybe it was also because I didn't follow the group as closely during that time). and then for a while, I had no favorite team, until we got the teams that we currently have! They literally put almost all my favorite members in the current Team B ^^ Yuiyui, Yukirin, Harupyon, Satomina, Maho and many more! I just love this Team B. So yes the answer is definitely Team B for me.

After B, it would probably be A. when I first became a fan of AKB and Acchan was my favorite, I didn't watch stages yet, but I liked the Team A songs in singles and all. and this is also a team that very often had my favorite members in it. After A... I guess it would be Team 8. tbh I count them separately... unlike the other teams, they didn't have shuffles and all, they're special. But yes if I had to rank them, they would be after B and A. Team 8 had a lot of great songs and members that I love, a lot of nice shows etc. and then after them, I guess it's K, especially for the Team K from around 2010? with Yuko, Tomochin, Sayaka, Sae... that was a great team! then lastly Team 4. I did like them too, like the original, with 9th gens etc., and then the one after with the 13th-14th gen was nice too. it was also nice when it had Renacchi!

4. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I loved Oshima K and Yokoyama K, especially the time when Jurina, Sayanee and Haruppi had concurrent position there. Plus, when Kojimako was there too. Moekyun was starting her idol days too. I think I would have loved the K before Oshima K, but it was before my time as a fan, so I didn't really get to feel it. Minegishi K was around the time when my interest in 48G as a whole started to fizzle out. by the time of Komiyama K I wasn't really following, I just knew that Komiharu has become a captain. Taguchi K now, I don't know if these days I want to get back interested in AKB48 or 48G as a whole.

But yeah, I loved K teams more than the others.

I think I used to like Takahashi A and Yokoyama A too. Not as much as the Ks though.

5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    My favourite team until recently was always Team B. Originally that was due to Mayuyu and Yukirin but also because it included Megu and Juri who are two of my other all-time favourite AKB members. That of course means disloyalty to my current kami-oshi Komi who was captain of Team K from 2017 to 2021 and indeed she did a great job there but I just felt that I still preferred Team B. When I went to the AKB48 Group Spring Festival in Yokohama Stadium in 2019 the Team B and K stages were both on at the same time and I went to the Team B one because of Yukirin, Megu, Sahoo, Seichan and Satopii whereas the Team K one had nobody apart from Komi and Moeka who I really wanted to see (and I'd seen Moeka earlier at the Sucheese stage).

Since last year's reshuffle my favourite team has been Team A not just because of Komi but also because it contains Rinrin, Hiichan, Sahoo, Seichan and Erii while Team B now only has Yukirin from my favourite members. However my all-time favourite Team is definitely B which gets my vote in the poll.

6. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    From 23 votes thus far, I can say I am really surprised Team A and Team 4 (especially A) have no votes yet.

I mean, the last Team B formation was crazy, and it would've been even better if Renacchi didn't move there just to graduate. It is a pity we do not get to enjoy more Team B activities while it lasts. Well, they won the HADO though!

Oh yes, the Yokoyama Team K in early 2014 was definitely the best Team K ever, though Yuko graduated just months after.

Having oshi in different teams surely makes it harder to pick the favorite out of them all. In my case, most of my top oshi was in Team B, perhaps it is just the type of idol appeals to me is closest to the Team B concept.

7. kmacu

kmacu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Overall, it's Team B. Most of my favorite members—and songs and stages—come from B.

Interestingly, my all-time favorite team formation was Shinoda Team A. What a powerhouse line-up! I loved almost every member and every song. I didn't pay much attention to Team B during that time (because no Mayuyu), but all other times it's been my favorite and featured my oshi, so that's why I voted for B.

It's hard to pick a favorite formation... besides Kashiwagi, maybe Kuramochi? I like that Mayuyu returned in 2014, and it included other great members like Ikoma, Juri, Saya, and Mio, and introduced me to others like Maachun and Seina. I'm happy with the latest line-up under Naamin as well, especially Yuiyui, Harupyon, and Remi (and Nagi was back). It'll be interesting to see how they organize the members going forward, because the team concept kind of helped me focus on certain dynamics and pay attention to up-comers easier, but oh well.