Fujiyoshi Karin (Karin) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    1. Pretty parents make pretty children
    2. That shot from Naze Koi literally took my breath away!

2. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I don't recall her parents owning an izakaya, ik her dad owns a shabu shabu restaurant though. Do correct me if I'm wrong though.

(Also happy belated birthday to Karin :ome:)

3. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Yes, her dad opened a shabu shabu restaurant in Osaka in 2014, it relocated and was renamed Shabu Shabu Fuji (しゃぶしゃぶ藤) in 2021. I can’t find any family connection to izakayas, but the restaurant does have a fridge full of alcohol.

I only post the restaurant’s info because her dad’s very open about the Karin connection, so lots of fans have posted online about eating there. The restaurant has a notebook where you can write messages to Karin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

You're right. I mis-remembered. Perhaps I was influenced by all the liquor bottles in the photo below. In spoilers, I've put something supposedly written by Mr. Fujiyoshi about his daughter becoming a member. It sure sounds like Karin. I love his reference to "Karin World" (夏鈴ワールド). He also speaks directly about the restaurant.

Here's a photo from the restaurant (shabu-shabu for sure):
    [​IMG]

Two-shot with my daughter from 17 years ago [photo].

Time passed, and 16 years later, my daughter came to me and said with a straight face: “I want to be Sailor Moon…”

On a midsummer day half a year later: “There’s an idol audition in Tokyo. Come with me.”

“So this is how she’s trying to make Sailor Moon a reality,” I thought as we took the overnight bus to Tokyo. Just before Bon, under a broiling sun, with only sparrows as companions, I waited for my daughter’s audition to end.

Shortly afterward, I learned that my daughter was soon to be introduced at Budoukan.

Up to just a few months before, she had been a girl singing in the bath, with no thought of the public eye… We never know what can happen in this world.

My child made me listen to her telling me things that were nothing but dreams and romanticism, but this year I made a big mistake in that way myself, and everyone was blaming me for it.

Then, as the year ended, this happened, and I began to get going again.

Oh, my incredible daughter [note: or bizarre/unpredictable/unexpected 奇想天外な娘], thank you (lol).

Without dreams and romanticism, we cannot endure through this evanescent life.

But don’t be swept away in the world of adornment

I guess I really am a guy whom time has passed by ♪

That being said, even when such a daughter is performing, Father will keep the shop open

So my daughter seems to have gotten through safely, without messing up (lol)

From now on, I look forward to seeing how her sensitivity, and the whole Karin World, are received (lol, lol).

She will certainly not be an idol idol, but I hope you will treat her well

Oh yes, ours is a warm one-person-pot shabushabu specialty restaurant

Japanese:
    17年前の娘とのツーショット
    時が経ち16歳の娘が真顔で言った
    「セーラームーン」になりたいと...
    それから半年後の真夏のある日「東京でアイドルのオーディションあるからついてきて」
    彼女なりにセーラームーンを現実化したらそうなったんやろか…とか思いながら彼女と深夜バスで東京に行き、父は盆前の炎天下の中6時間、スズメとお友達になりながら娘のオーディション終わりを待ったさ
    それからあっという間、明日娘は武道館でお披露目をするらしい
    ほんの数ヶ月前まで風呂場で人目を気にすることなく歌を歌っていた子が、、この世の中何がおこるかわからない
    夢やロマンばかり子供に言い聞かせてきたが僕自身それが原因で今年は大きな失敗もし、まわりから散々叩かれもした。
    でも年の終わりにこんなことがあり、また僕は動き出す
    奇想天外な娘よ、ありがとう(笑)
    夢やロマンをもたないと儚い人生というものに一本の筋は通らない
    飾った世界に流されるのではないのだよー
    やっぱり時代遅れの男やな♪
    てなわけで父はそんな娘の公演でも店は開けまーす

んで娘、無事しでかす事なくやったそうです笑
    これから彼女の感性、夏鈴ワールドが受け入れられるか楽しみであります笑笑
    決してアイドルアイドルしておりませんがよろしくお願いします
    あっ、うちはあったかひとり鍋しゃぶしゃぶ専門店でございます

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    He must be proud of how far she's come since then :' )

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Karin blog post! She doesn't post often, lol. Last post 4 Jun.

Some wonderful photos by Karin, whose art photos I really like. Also a short but moving message:

9/3
    This was the last Meet & Greet for the 6th single.
    The love I received from everyone
    Gave me a warm feeling.
    But then I had the sad feeling of wondering how long the love would last.

Becoming centre,
    I decided to do whatever I could
    To bring so many people pleasure.

I will never forget
    This time.

Karin's reference to "this (period of) time" and wondering if people's affection will last, suggests to me that she knows she will not centre the 7th single.

I particularly liked this photo, which appears to be from outside a photo studio. There are 24 pairs of shoes in this picture and there are 17 members in the photos apparently from the session (see blog post):

[​IMG]

It reminded me of an early Keyaki photo showing the members' shoes outside the dining room in their lodgings:

[​IMG]

Perhaps the change in shoe styles shows changes in fashion since 2015-16, and perhaps it is because the second photo is from within their lodgings, whereas the first is from a separate photo studio. I believe that at first Keyaki out-of-town members lodged together in a small building with common facilities like kitchen/dining room, etc. After the place was invaded by local boys sometime in 2015-16, they were moved to separate apartments in some more secure building. And as far as I know, that is how things have remained.

7. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I doubt Karin will center the 7th single, not because she's not up to it, but because management would want to rotate centers. The big question is: Still a 2 generation member, or a 3rd one?

8. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Ever since the success of "Naze Koi...", myself (and I'm sure the majority of Saku fans) were 100% certain that, whenever the chance, Karin would be a top-performing center, delivering 110% of her power to her dance, expression, feeling and singing. And she did so...

So don't worry Karin dear, you will be center again and you will get all the love you deserve (not that fans would love you less if you don't happen to be the center for next single).

• Like Like x 1
  9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  10. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

What a wonderful interview. And a lovely translation by toomuchidea. This is the Karin who fascinates me: doesn't really understand what an idol is; says she is a poor talker, but that performance can convey more than words do; thinks she may seem heartless in her acceptance of change. Approaches every performance differently, and performance differently from an MV. And much more.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I don't really post here a lot, but can we talk about that look Karin has at 0:43 in the MV for Shonin Yokkyu? I want to say intense, but I don't feel like that's the correct description for it. I think piercing might be better?

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I noticed that, too. How about "depressed and disgusted"? Like a woman sitting outside a laundromat being accosted by a drunk. If looks could kill, he'd be dead...or she would have died from boredom and depression. Amazing performer.

I want to mention that Zono gives us a dark, dull, and aggressive look at 0:48. People criticize her dancing in the MV, and that may not be her strength, but she can be expressive, too.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
  14. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

15. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Looks like Karin stayed in character ("depressed and disgusted") on her runway walk at the Rakuten 2023 Autum/Winter Girls Awards, LOL.
    But fear not, she was playful with Ten when it was time to say the group bye-byes (Ten basically forced her to face the audience).[hehe]

16. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

The first thing that comes to mind is to stand up straight, click my heels, and salute!
    KarinBlueUniform.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Wtf... Karin in the USAF?

Seriously now, I like this uniform...

• Like Like x 3
  18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Oricon News has just published an article about a new ad campaign for McDonald's 'Samurai Mac' with Karin:
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2297300/full/

large__MIB6237.jpg

The article includes a link to a 60-second CM:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. dinbradpitt

dinbradpitt Member

So proud of her. Congratulations karin.

https://twitter.com/modelpress/status/1709282443046645973?t=9n1T2-WF35nKUD1aQvhKsQ&s=19

20231004_033856.jpg 20231004_033854.jpg

-Please tell us your impressions of appearing in the "Samurai Mac" commercial for the first time.
    [Fujiyoshi] From the moment I got the offer, I was talking to the
    manager and makeup artist about how excited I was. I don't have many opportunities to work outside of the group, so it was really fun and refreshing to be able to shoot with new people.

This commercial has an impressive line, ``Carve out a path that you believe in,'' but have you ever felt that ``I'm glad I chose this path'' in your life?
    . I think my life changed greatly after joining the group Sakurazaka46. Actually, I didn't really think that deeply into the audition. I saw the advertisement (on SNS) and accepted it, but if it hadn't come out, I probably wouldn't have been able to participate in this commercial, let alone the group's activities. After I passed the audition, I was a little scared of going to Tokyo by myself and there were times when I said, ``I don't want to go,'' but I'm very grateful to my parents who pushed me through that. , I still feel glad that I chose to go there at that time.

https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1709325808786133232?t=8zOwgu61hGvvZM3pSR-yaA&s=19

"It was shot in late August. She was a little nervous to meet the prdouction staff since it was her first time meeting most of them, but she looked forward to filming her first CM work. She became more focused when in front of the camera, switching into her acting mode

https://twitter.com/WeGrowUpQuietly/status/1709311171067883751?t=1rcWPjAz3IKfPp0URlFRFQ&s=19. Foto from the time
    https://twitter.com/y_O625r_O727/status/1709330994006991259?t=nv8uQqHgWls4MrgCyt2_YQ&s=19 20231004_063732.jpg

https://twitter.com/inddxp/status/1709310842980974729?t=7DknSwfIAsS1LvXxGEan9g&s=19

https://twitter.com/orikawaii46/status/1709424310941856245?t=ggVDuJlzSwKMyjq5mUcnGA&s=19
    https://twitter.com/McDonaldsJapan/status/1709376636066644009?t=A_HFkSYUnY-7p3_4J15WCA&s=19 20231004_124425.jpg

Last cm only karin forgat to post

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

If Habu had the most growth among the 1st gens, then it is safe to say that Karin has had so far the most growth among the 2nd gens.:awesome:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1