Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

What about "Manatsu no Sounds Good!"? I thought it served as her graduation A-Side? :^^;:

2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I was never sure if it really counted as a graduation single... it was of course her last A-Side, but the song has nothing to do with leaving. The same is true for some other members, but in those cases those were their last singles. Since Yume no Kawa is on Gingham Check, Manatsu no Sounds good! wasn't Acchan's last single participating...

But then again, I wasn't a fan of the group until 3 years after Acchan graduated, so if people say it was considered as a graduation single at the time, I'm happy to agree.

3. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    The lyrics might not have, but the MV definitely did.

4. drahcirpiy

drahcirpiy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I personally considered it her graduation single since Gingham Check was the SSK single so by default Acchan wouldn't be on it since she didn't participate. Plus the MV for Manatsu sorta had the theme of Acchan passing the baton to Mayuyu as the next ace so yah, but tat's just my opinion lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I was a fan at the time that they released the single but it's been so long, and I also didn't really know all about the group at that time, but from what I remember, I don't think that they promoted the single as Acchan's graduation single. it was her last a-side but I don't remember it being treated like her goodbye single. it was just a normal single promoted normally and then she had all her goodbyes when she had her graduation song. Management probably knew about her plans to graduate which might be why they made the theme of pairing members with "successors" in the MV. Also, they never had a graduation single before that so maybe it just wasn't a thing at the time. I don't remember thinking about it that way... I only thought "it's her last a-side" and that's it ^^; Graduation singles became a thing later, I think. So for me it's not a graduation single...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I think Tomu, Nana, and Hiichan are comparable to Tomomi, Riichan, and Paruru; and scandals aside with that in mind are deserving of b side grad songs and concerts.

Though with everything that's been happening in the group, especially the last few days, I don't know what to think anymore. With the way things are going I'm hoping at least Yukirin will get a proper send off when she decides it's time.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Yuihan and Miichan were also the last members to get an AKB48 sponsored graduation concert... which means Hiichan probably won't either. Hopefully Mama&Son will pull some strings and organise one for her, like Tomu's and Naa's agencies did for them. Even if she's not gonna participate in the 63rd single, she said she's fulfilling her talk sessions (until January) so it might still be a few months until she's fully gone.

On that note, that's also why I would say this case is not like Juri or Sakura. While the announcement itself feels rushed and sudden, even to members, she's not dropping everything to leave. If she were about to sign with a Korean label to join a K-Pop group, they would want her to start training for debut with the other trainees. They don't just value individual skill, but synergy of members within a group in K-Pop - and let's be honest, they're not just gonna sign her and make her a soloist. She's not a bad singer for idol standards, but she's not a vocalist or a rapper. No way Hii would stay for talk sessions for 4 more months if she's about to leave for Korea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I'm still annoyed that even Tomu didn't get a live streamed grad footed by the group. I know at the time we thought it was because management always shafted her anyway, but reflecting on all these recent changes I'm wondering if they have a new policy for how grad cons are done. I guess with all the changes I can't really speculate, times are different from what they were.

It would be really nice if Mama&Son did one for Hii.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Sato Minami graduate?

10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    No... but yes.

11. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    Yesterday at her seitansai she said she was thinking about announcing graduation that day, but fortunately she reconsidered it and now want to stay until the 16ki 10th anniversary (but she doesn't guarantee at 100%)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    • Informative Informative x 5
  13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Ah... One of the girls that went to Myanmar.

15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Naamin has just announced graduation :(:(:(
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12821632830.html

Google translation of her comments:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  18. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    I was expecting Ayanan, but was Naamin. Sad :(

This makes the 30th announcement this year in AKB.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Naamin graduates before Yukirin, you better joke, I can’t accept this.
    Mogi, Hiichan and now Naamin.
    Now I won’t shock if Yukirin announce her graduation this October concert.

20. tamvk12

tamvk12 Member Studio48 Contributor

Twitter:
    sadbness
    Can't believe my Naamin announced her graduation this fast... Good luck for a better future my baby:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1