Single Nogizaka46 34th Single [Monopoly] (2023.12.06)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Oct 30, 2023.

1. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    Best Nogi single in a while

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Listening to the release on youtube I can hear it better. It conjures up feelings of Arigachi na Renai. Makes sense, Sugiyama Katsuhiko is responsible for both. He's really does the Nogi style well. I can't but help to look at his Nogi resume and wonder when he'll pull out another Seifuku no Mannequin for the girls?

Anyhow, like all Nogi songs, I may grow to love this.

3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Really love their first TV show live at TV Tokyo festival. Lots of pretty close-ups. Goddess Nagi, cute Sakutan and graceful Terepan...:inlove:
    I too have come to like the song better. Hope this single is doing well.

4. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I'm getting the hang of it after listening many times. I don't know why this song reminds me of Onna wa Hitori ja Nemurenai. The performance at Tokyo Music Festival looks better, I guess because of the more lively ambiance with all its bright lights. They are all lovely. Hope they come up with a very good MV. Waiting for the tracklist/units.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Personally I really like this song. It's probably my fave since Koko ni nai mono, it's classic Nogi without sounding boring like Hito Yume. But I hope the next single will be a cool song.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    I LOVE IT <3 Instand love:inlove: Must admit Kaki and Sakura need to step up the center aura. In my opinion Nagi as shadow center made a better job:^^;:<3 BUT the song is a boop:banana:and the covers:worthy: yeah together with the Ohitorisama single, best song in years

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. redavis460

redavis460 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Forever Himetan
    Kawasaki handled the wardrobe malfunction with Plum like a champ at the end of the dance; we even got the Kimigao from them both. . .it is a good thing it happened at the very end; with all of the spinning and their dresses stuck together, it might have been a disaster. I expected Ume to always be ready for any unexpected surprises, but to see precious Sakutan not get rattled on a one-in-a-million incident really shows her maturity. She may look like she is 14, but the "20 year old" took care of business!

• Like Like x 1
  8. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    That first live could have been better, I was a little disappointed with the venue. Such a small unpolished place and sometimes the lighting is too dim. No wonder Ume's dress got stuck with Sakutan. They should have thought of a better place. Luckily we got the TV Tokyo live just a day after that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Not to take anything away from Nagi, but I think the formation does give prominence to her. With a double center, the shadow center in the second row peaks through and that's Nagi. Sweet position. I'm still getting over my hangup that shadow center was for a while the graduating members position.

Personally, I feel Sakura has stepped up. With this center, I think she's been crowned Nogi ace. Her words after the senbatsu announcement demonstrated that to me.

Anyhow, I find myself listening to the new song quite a bit. Seems to be growing on me...

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

Hmmm, its hard to place my feelings on this one. I think it was always going to be hard to follow what i think was an s-tier single.

I do like the song, i don't think it matches the influencer-like styling they were going for, but i think it goes at or above median for me of post-pandemic a-sides.

I agree with other commenters that it just isn't risky or different enough like 'ohitorisama tengoku' or 'influencer', or even 'actually...' even though the latter wasn't particularly well received and was overshadowed by other things going on in the group :fear:

11. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

I watched their Best Hit live performance of Monopoly several times and I would say this song is growing on me but still not a banger. As for their outfits, I like the shoulder cut dresses that Ume, Mizuki, Ayamen and Yumiki wore. Mizuki’s hair ribbon was quite unique and made her stand out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

BRUH That "small unpolished place" is Shibuya Tsutaya, it's a memorable place even for other music groups fans. The place looks "unpolished" because its closed for renovation, thats why its even better timing to rent the place.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

Just got back to Nogi after a few years hiatus. :^^;:

The song itself is Nogizaka-ish but it's too bland for me.
    Come on Sugiyama-san you can do better

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. manamonn

manamonn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    松井玲奈、田村真祐、池田英紗、宮田愛萌、佐藤美波
    2nd round of sales

3rd gen:
    Hazuki: 1/30 (+1)
    Reno: 0/30
    Riria: 0/30
    Tamami: 0/30
    Kaede: 0/30
    Ayano: 0/30

4th gen:
    Kaki: 30/30 (+27)
    Sakura: 30/30 (+30)
    Mayu: 13/30 (+13)
    Yumiki: 13/30 (+13)
    Ayame: 1/30 (+1)
    Kuromi: 0/30
    Yuna: 0/30
    Rika: 0/30
    Rei: 0/30
    Miyu: 0/30
    Mio: 0/30

5th gen:
    Ioki: 30/30 (+27)
    Nagi: 30/30 (+28)
    Teresa: 28/30 (+28)
    Aruno: 27/30 (+27)
    Nao: 25/30 (+25)
    Miku: 23/30 (+21)
    Sakura: 15/30 (+15)
    Aya: 7/30 (+7)
    Satsuki: 5/30 (+5)
    Iroha: 0/30
    Hina: 0/30

• Like Like x 1
  15. tormeidopunch

tormeidopunch Kenkyuusei

Satsuki's sales seem to be dropping more compared to previous singles. What happened to her?

16. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I'm also curious. Is she not good at meguri? But she seems to be someone with big reaction, bubbly, good at talking. So I also dunno what's the issue.

17. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

^TBH, I think Shyoukichi started strong because she initially was paired, intentionally or not, with Nagi. As time passed it has become clear she isn’t on the same level with Nagi which is rather unfortunate. I hope she can bounce back but competition has always been tough with the group. Look at Ayame and Yuna. Their numbers have been waning.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    Ayame numbers have been struggling for a while, she is a slow sold out. With or without great meguri sales, she has a perma senbatsu spot, so don't get worried, she's gonna be fine. Yuna on the other hand might have some trouble keeping her senbatsu spot.

Aruno is surprisingly growing. I guess that's the proof she managed to completely overcome her early scandals. I legit think she has a chance to make into 35th single senbatsu.

About Satsuki: She was pushed alongside Nagi and it seemed that they would be the next KakkiSaku and with Sakutan they would be the new Endo, Ayamen and Kakki trio. However, she missed some weeks of koujichuu and when she came back, some of her gen mates already had a stablished kyara. Girls like Teresa, Ioki and Miku managed to leave a strong impression and i guess some early Satsuki fans switched to them. Either way, i think there is still hope for her, it seems that management have not given up their push.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  20. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Track list
    Title Song: Monopoly
    Under Song: Omoide ga Tomarakunaru
    Coupling Songs:
    • Joushuseki wo Zutto Aketeita (Mao, Ume, Miyu)
    • Hitsujikai yo (Shiori, Aruno, Runa)
    • Tegone Hamburger (Miku, Mayutan, Yoda)
    • Stylish (Kakki, Satsuki, Yama)
    • Itsunohika, Ano Uta wo... (5ki)

The best singer of each generation trio song. I wonder what kind of song they gave to them. I hope it is not a lukewarm song, but a song that put their singing ability to the limit. I'm also happy because Runa got unit song after she return.:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1